1. #1

    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Angry still no w2 forms, who do i call to make a report

    i quit work to go to college full-time, and pissed a few people off who didn't want me to leave. now i can't get my w2 forms, and they were supposed to be here by the last day of january. i have been on painkillers after emergency surgery, so my mom had been trying to find something out while i was out, and she got the same thing. i thought that when i called, they might actually cooperate, but nooo... anyway, my question is, who do i report this to?? my parents told me i can make a report, but we don't know, and no one we talk to knows, who to contact. please help me out with this.

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement still no w2 forms, who do i call to make a report
    Join Date

  3. #2
    ChristiNate's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Thief River Falls, Minnesota
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    What to Do If You Haven’t Received a Form W-2

    Tax Tip 2004-23, Feb. 4, 2004

    You should receive a Form W-2, “Wage and Tax Statement,” from each employer you worked for to use in preparing your federal tax return. Employers must furnish this record of 2003 earnings and withheld taxes no later than Feb. 2, 2004 (if mailed, allow a few days for delivery).

    If you do not receive your Form W-2, contact your employer to find out if and when the W-2 was mailed. If it was mailed, it may have been returned to your employer because of an incorrect or incomplete address, so be sure to verify your address. After contacting your employer, allow a reasonable amount of time for your employer to re-mail or to issue the W-2.

    If you still do not receive your W-2 by February 16, contact the IRS for assistance toll free at the Tax Help Line for Individuals at 1-800-829-1040. When you call, have the following information handy:

    The employer's name and complete address, including zip code, the employer’s identification number (if known) and telephone number;

    Your name, address, including zip code, Social Security number, and telephone number; and

    An estimate of the wages you earned, the federal income tax withheld, and the dates you began and ended employment.
    If you misplaced your W-2, contact your employer and be prepared with the information listed above. Your employer can replace the lost form with a “reissued statement.” Be aware that your employer is allowed to charge you a fee for providing you with a new W-2.

    You still must file your tax return on time even if you do not receive your Form W-2. If you cannot get a W-2 by your tax-filing deadline, you may use Form 4852, “Substitute for Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement,” but it will delay any refund due while the information is verified.

    If you receive a corrected W-2 after your return is filed and the information it contains does not match the income or withheld tax you reported on your return, you must file an amended return on Form 1040X.

    Forms 4852 and 1040X and their instructions are available on this Web site in the Forms and Publications section or by calling toll free to 1-800-TAX-FORM (1-800-829-3676).



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Log in