Thread: DNASimple

Thanks

Lightbulb DNASimple

Have you heard of DNAsimple? I just saw this on Shark Tank & I joined because they're trying to double the pace of genetic research by providing scientists with the DNA they need. You can join, too, and it's free, anonymous, and pays you $50 each time you donate a simple spit kit from home!

They also pay you for referrals! So please use my link to sign up: https://www.dnasimple.org/users/sign_up?referral_token=dna-simple-$10-3b7f0afe57

You can also visit facebook.com/dnasimple or www.dnasimple.org to learn more.
    What exactly is DNAsimple?
    DNAsimple is the match-maker of the genetic research world. If there is a study out there that needs participants like you, we'll tell you about it and let you decide if you want to participate or not. If you decide to participate, we'll pay you for doing so! Even better, our match-making platform is 100% anonymous, so no one can see your identity.

For donors, the basic steps are:

1. Sign up for a free account at DNAsimple

2. Provide basic demographic information, such as age and height

3. Fill out a brief medical history

4. Wait a few seconds while we check for studies you can donate to

5. If you don't qualify now, we'll automatically notify you when you do

6. Review any study you match and decide if you want to participate

7. If you participate, complete a saliva kit at home and be compensated!

Through DNAsimple, donors can contribute to and expedite scientific research while being fairly compensated for the valuable information that they provide. We believe that our process will enable donors to double the pace of genetic research, bringing cures and treatments to millions of people far earlier than they could otherwise be provided.

I'm in perfect health. Should I join?
    Yes! Researchers aren't only interested in people who are sick or who have a particularly rare condition.

For one example, researchers need control groups. For example, if a researcher believes that a condition is caused by a genetic mutation, how can they find it? One way is to find a large number of people who have the condition and compare their DNA to a large number of people who don't have the condition. If you find that all of the people who have the condition have a mutation that none of the healthy people have, you've probably found the cause of the disease!

For another example, researchers are often interested in differences across ethnic groups, and healthy donors are valid participants in those studies. For example, why are there differences in skin cancer rates among Asian and European Americans, even if they live in the same state? Why do Native American women have a lower risk of breast cancer than neighbors of any other ethnicity? For these types of questions, researchers would want to analyze the DNA of a large number of people from these ethnic groups and then find out what differences there are and why those differences might cause these interesting outcomes.

So even if you're perfectly health and think there is nothing "special" about you, there are still studies out there looking for people like you.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DNASimple