Page 5 of 6 First 123456 Last

Thread: Alton sterling

Thanks
    Thanked 5,510 Times in 3,654 Posts
    Look what was formed yesterday in Baton Rouge before deadly officer involved shooting

Heisenberg 23 mins ago

A new Chapter for the Black Panthers was formed yesterday in Baton Rouge. This group may or may not be related to the shooting leaving three officers dead.

Wbrz reported: BATON ROUGE – Baton Rouge residents gathered Saturday afternoon to form the newest chapter of the New Black Panther Party.

The New Black Panthers arrived in Baton Rouge last Saturday to protest the officer-involved shooting death of 37-year-old Alton Sterling. Two videos of the shooting sparked national outcry and protests across Baton Rouge.

Jerald Justice said the group was approached by local residents like Edwin Smith to help establish a Baton Rouge chapter.

“It is time for new leadership and a new organization to step forward in Baton Rouge,” Smith said. “I feel like the New Black Panther Party is the organization that can bring new leadership to Baton Rouge.”

http://departed.co/look-formed-yeste...olved-shooting
    Laissez les bon temps rouler! Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.** a 4 day work week & sex slaves ~ I say Tyt for PRESIDENT! Not to be taken internally, literally or seriously ....Suki ebaynni IS THAT BETTER ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Alton sterling

Thanks

Let's fill our timelines with prayers and praise for our fallen heroes who gave their all to PROTECT US, as well as those heroes who are fighting for their life because they are devoted to protecting us, and those who will continue to put on the uniform and go into work tonight after losing a fellow brother this morning to continue to protect us. I refuse to let the shooter who took these men from us receive more recognition than these TRUE HEROES! #backtheblue #theygavetheirall #prayforbatonrouge

Nick Tullier
    Laissez les bon temps rouler! Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.** a 4 day work week & sex slaves ~ I say Tyt for PRESIDENT! Not to be taken internally, literally or seriously ....Suki ebaynni IS THAT BETTER ?

Thanks
    As tragedy unfolds yet again this morning with three police killed and three more wounded in a firefight in Baton Rouge, everybody with half a brain is wondering when it will be socially acceptable to refer to Black Lives Matter, the group that advocates for killing cops, as a radical terrorist hate group.

Authorities are ordering people in the vicinity to stay home.

Upon hearing this news, that a BLM sympathizer or sympathizers have taken the lives of three more cops, some Black Lives Matter proponents were besides themselves with joy, and I can’t be any more disgusted. This proves that their motives are anything but noble, and resemble the same sort of virulent, racist, and violent rhetoric that Obama enables with his ridiculous speeches, that ultimately leads to good police officers not going home to their families at night.

http://www.yesimright.com/black-live...ama-is-silent/

Thanks
    President Obama on Sunday condemned the shooting in Baton Rouge that left three police officers dead and three more injured.

President Obama on Sunday condemned the shooting in Baton Rouge that left three police officers dead and three more injured.

"For the second time in two weeks, police officers who put their lives on the line for ours every day were doing their job when they were killed in a cowardly and reprehensible assault," Obama said in a statement.
    "These are attacks on public servants, on the rule of law, and on civilized society, and they have to stop."

The shooting happened just before 9 a.m., less than one mile from police headquarters, amid spiraling tensions across the city between police and the black community.

It follows the deaths of five Dallas police officers earlier this month.

Obama said he's offered the support of the federal government and pledged: "Justice will be done."

"We may not yet know the motives for this attack, but I want to be clear: there is no justification for violence against law enforcement. None. These attacks are the work of cowards who speak for no one," Obama said.

"They right no wrongs. They advance no causes. The officers in Baton Rouge; the officers in Dallas – they were our fellow Americans, part of our community, part of our country, with people who loved and needed them, and who need us now – all of us – to be at our best."

Attorney General Loretta Lynch also released a statement, saying, "Agents from the FBI and ATF are on the scene, and the Department of Justice will make available victim services and federal funding support, and will provide investigative assistance to the fullest extent possible.

“For the second time in two weeks, multiple law enforcement officers have been killed in the line of duty. There is no place in the United States for such appalling violence, and I condemn these acts in the strongest possible terms. I pledge the full support of the Department of Justice as the investigation unfolds."

According to the White House, the president spoke with the governor and the mayor of Baton Rouge and offered whatever assistance they needed from the federal government.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...tification-for

Thanks
    when will this government make it a crime to call for the death of police officers????????????? It should also be a crime for any government person who is either employed or elected to show any support for any organization or individual who supports in any way these groups. This is not trying to stop freedom of speech but stopping people who want to take away the lives of those who serve those in america to keep them safe. It is a hate crime in my eyes. if anyone said death to our pres, congressman etc, they would be arrested so why can't those who call for the death of the police treated in the same way???? if a person yells jump to a person threatening to jump off a building and commit suicide, that yeller will get arrested. do those who protest want to be treated equally? then arrest them for inciting others to commit murder!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,861 Times in 4,291 Posts
    Are these fools aware that they shot and killed a BLACK police officer?? How can they claim "BLM" when they shot one of their own??!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 3lilpigs View Post
    Are these fools aware that they shot and killed a BLACK police officer?? How can they claim "BLM" when they shot one of their own??!!
    eight officers total were shot - four were black.
    three died that day
    one is still in critical condition
    one went home earlier in the week
    one is going home today
    two were treated and released the day of the shooting
    Last edited by Jolie Rouge; 07-21-2016 at 01:55 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jolie Rouge For This Useful Post:

3lilpigs (07-21-2016)

Thanks
    Deputy Bruce Simmons was released from the hospital and arrived home to a hero's welcome from neighbors, law enforcement and firefighters.
    http://www.wbrz.com/news/deputy-woun...-from-hospital

BATON ROUGE - East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff's Deputy Bruce Simmons was released from the hospital Thursday and arrived home to a hero's welcome from neighbors, law enforcement and area firefighters.

Simmons survived an ambush on Baton Rouge Police and other sheriff's deputies Sunday. A gunman killed three officers and injured three others, including Simmons, near the corner of Airline Highway and I-12.

Simmons was shot during the attack and required two surgeries to repair a shattered humerus.

A picture released by the hospital showed Simmons being greeted by supporters and hospital staff as he left Baton Rouge General Thursday afternoon. Not long after, the sheriff's office live-streamed Simmons' arrival at his home in Greenwell Springs.

Another deputy injured during the shooting, Nick Tullier, remains in the hospital in critical condition. Tullier sustained gunshot wounds to the torso and head.

Funerals for the deceased officers are Friday, Saturday and Monday.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jolie Rouge For This Useful Post:

3lilpigs (07-21-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,861 Times in 4,291 Posts
    Not long after, the sheriff's office live-streamed Simmons' arrival at his home in Greenwell Springs.
    That's not too smart! Showing where a police officer lives!! Especially one that someone just tried to kill!

Thanks

Thanks
    “….To assign the actions of one person to an entire movement [or all the police] is dangerous and irresponsible…”

(I added the part in brackets.)
    I agree.

The statement above is from a spokesperson in Black Lives Matter and in response to the recent killings (murders) in Dallas of those innocent police officers. This statement was issued because some – in social media – were blaming ALL the participants in Black Lives Matter for the killings of these police. That was wrong. It was one person who murdered those police. The others were peacefully protesting, exercising their Constitutional right. They did not go to that march with the intent of killing the police (and they did not do it.)

This statement from the spokesperson should be applied to ALL controversy – not just Black Lives Matter.

In every group, there is a bad apple or maybe even a few bad apples. I am sure in your own groups or clubs or places of employment you have a bad apple or bad apples – people doing things that are wrong. With the exception of a hate group, where all have aligned for the single purpose of hate, it is wrong to criticize everyone in the group for the bad behavior, or even criminal behavior of another.

So..

Quit demonizing all police officers for a bad apple – someone who uses excessive force, especially lethal excessive force. 99.9999% of the police are trying to protect you and are doing a good job at their own risk.

Likewise, quit demonizing all those in Black Lives Matter who are peacefully protesting (protected by the First Amendment) and encouraging others to protest peacefully (also protected by the First Amendment.)

When you demonize everyone in a group, you are taking sides, fulfilling your own agenda.

At the risk of getting jumped for hijacking the term (and this may be politically incorrect), “Facts Matter – just taking sides is wrong.”

http://gretawire.foxnewsinsider.com/...-lives-matter/