Page 2 of 18 First 123456 ... Last
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,510 Times in 3,654 Posts
    BREAKING: Suspect in Boston Marathon terrorist bombing identified as Saudi national being held at a hospital by Boston police.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...9uC2PDGIjYBalO
    Laissez les bon temps rouler! Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.** a 4 day work week & sex slaves ~ I say Tyt for PRESIDENT! Not to be taken internally, literally or seriously ....Suki ebaynni IS THAT BETTER ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Explosion at Boton Marathon finish line...

Thanks
    Boston authorities confirm JFK Library blast

Monday, April 15th 2013 @ 4pm

(Boston, MA) -- Authorities are confirming an explosion at JFK Library following today's blasts near the finish line of the Boston Marathon. They are not certain it's related.

Read more: http://www.wjbo.com/articles/nationa...#ixzz2QZWNdKoK

http://www.wjbo.com/articles/nationa...last-11191834/
    Laissez les bon temps rouler! Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.** a 4 day work week & sex slaves ~ I say Tyt for PRESIDENT! Not to be taken internally, literally or seriously ....Suki ebaynni IS THAT BETTER ?

Thanks
    A shocking video by The Boston Globe’s Steve Silva captured the apparent terrorist attacks at Monday’s Boston Marathon.

“We’ve had an attack,” Silva says at the one-minute mark.

http://live.boston.com/Event/Live_bl...quare/72926110

Thanks
    Thanked 2,408 Times in 1,303 Posts
    We are not safe in our own country!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,408 Times in 1,303 Posts
    One of the dead was an 8-year-old child, a law enforcement official told NBC News

Thanks

George Takei : When tragedies strike, heroes rise to meet the challenge: the first responders seen sprinting toward the blast site, the runners who changed course to run to local hospitals to donate blood, and the fine citizens of Boston who at once opened their homes to marathoners in need of a place to stay. When we come together, we cannot be brought down.

Last edited by Jolie Rouge; 04-15-2013 at 04:09 PM.

Thanks
    UPDATE: At least 80 people have been injured and two are dead after two bombs exploded near the finish line of the Boston Marathon today. Authorities are telling Boston residents to stay home and avoid crowds as they try to "stabilize" the situation. Get more updates here: http://yhoo.it/XCK9Hp

Quote Originally Posted by Jolie Rouge View Post
    Idiots on CNN and MSNBC already playing politics after tragedy. Shame on them.

CNN HAS REMOVED THIS THREAD! CNN is a POS news media source that will do anything to discredit Right Wing Conservatives. MIDDLE FINGER YOU CNN!
    Last edited by Jolie Rouge; 04-15-2013 at 04:09 PM.

Thanks
    President Obama's statement on Boston Marathon bombing
    http://blogs.suntimes.com/politics/2...ipt_obama.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=4x-VKqe4cvA

Immediate Release April 15, 2013
    STATEMENT BY THE PRESIDENT

James S. Brady Press Briefing Room
    6:11 P.M. EDT

THE PRESIDENT: Good afternoon, everybody. Earlier today, I was briefed by my homeland security team on the events in Boston. We're continuing to monitor and respond to the situation as it unfolds. And I've directed the full resources of the federal government to help state and local authorities protect our people, increase security around the United States as necessary, and investigate what happened.

The American people will say a prayer for Boston tonight. And Michelle and I send our deepest thoughts and prayers to the families of the victims in the wake of this senseless loss.

We don't yet have all the answers. But we do know that multiple people have been wounded, some gravely, in explosions at the Boston Marathon.

I've spoken to FBI Director Mueller and Secretary of Homeland Security Napolitano, and they're mobilizing the appropriate resources to investigate and to respond.

I've updated leaders of Congress in both parties, and we reaffirmed that on days like this there are no Republicans or Democrats -- we are Americans, united in concern for our fellow citizens.

I've also spoken with Governor Patrick and Mayor Menino, and made it clear that they have every single federal resource necessary to care for the victims and counsel the families. And above all, I made clear to them that all Americans stand with the people of Boston.

Boston police, firefighters, and first responders as well as the National Guard responded heroically, and continue to do so as we speak. It's a reminder that so many Americans serve and sacrifice on our behalf every single day, without regard to their own safety, in dangerous and difficult circumstances. And we salute all those who assisted in responding so quickly and professionally to this tragedy.

We still do not know who did this or why. And people shouldn't jump to conclusions before we have all the facts. But make no mistake -- we will get to the bottom of this. And we will find out who did this; we'll find out why they did this. Any responsible individuals, any responsible groups will feel the full weight of justice.

Today is a holiday in Massachusetts -- Patriots' Day. It's a day that celebrates the free and fiercely independent spirit that this great American city of Boston has reflected from the earliest days of our nation. And it's a day that draws the world to Boston's streets in a spirit of friendly competition. Boston is a tough and resilient town. So are its people. I'm supremely confident that Bostonians will pull together, take care of each other, and move forward as one proud city. And as they do, the American people will be with them every single step of the way.

You should anticipate that as we get more information, our teams will provide you briefings. We're still in the investigation stage at this point. But I just want to reiterate we will find out who did this and we will hold them accountable.

Thank you very much.

END 6:14 P.M. EDT

Thanks
    2 Explosions at Boston Marathon Finish Line;
    100 Injured, 2 deadSecurity stepped up in NY and Washington DC MORE
    (video) http://www.emergencyemail.org/newsem...sp?a=2796&z=34

POLICE ASK FOR ANY INFORMATION 1 800-494-TIPS

Thanks
    President Barack Obama said authorities did not know who carried out the attack but vowed to render “the full weight of justice” against those responsible. Minutes later, law enforcement officials said that an 8-year-old child was one of the dead.
    Is it just me - we don't "know" anything about the victims... but one is already id'd as a child.

Thanks
    Eight year-old boy among the 2 dead in Boston Marathon explosion
    The number of wounded treated at Boston hospitals after Monday's Boston Marathon bombings has risen to 132, including 17 in critical condition, hospital officials said. Two people died in the terror attack, including an 8-year-old boy.

BOSTON (CNN) — Two bombs struck near the finish line of the Boston Marathon on Monday, turning a celebration into a bloody scene of destruction.

The blasts threw people to the ground, killing two and injuring dozens. One of the dead was an 8-year-old boy, according to a state law enforcement source.

Hospitals reported at least 134 people being treated, at least 17 of them in critical condition and 25 in serious condition. At least eight of the patients are children.

At least 10 people injured had limbs amputated, according to a terrorism expert briefed on the investigation.

Doctors are "pulling ball-bearings out of people in the emergency room," the expert said, suggesting the bombs were designed to propel shrapnel.

"Any responsible individuals, any responsible groups, will feel the full weight of justice," President Barack Obama vowed.

Boston "is a tough and resilient town," he said, adding that Americans will stand by Bostonians "every single step of the way."

'Like a huge cannon'

The terrorist attack, near the marathon's finish line, triggered widespread screaming and chaos, shattered windows and barricades and sent smoke billowing into the air at Copley Square.

The blasts were about 50 to 100 yards apart, officials said, on a stretch of the marathon course lined with spectators cheering runners through the final yards of a 26-mile, 385-yard endurance feat.

"It felt like a huge cannon," a witness told CNN about one of the blasts.

Photos from the scene showed people being carried away on stretchers. One man in a wheelchair had blood all over his face and legs.

The bombs shook buildings, sending people to seek shelter under tables, witnesses said.

Federal authorities are classifying the bombings as a terrorist attack, but it's not clear whether the origin was domestic or foreign, a federal law enforcement official with knowledge of the investigation said.

A federal law enforcement official told CNN that both bombs were small, and initial tests showed no C-4 or other high-grade explosive material, suggesting that the packages used in the attack were crude explosive devices.

Another explosive device found

Authorities in Boston found at least one other explosive device that they were dismantling, Boston Police Commissioner Ed Davis said.

Rep. Bill Keating of Massachusetts, meanwhile, said there were two more found.

One unexploded device was found at a hotel on Boylston Street near the bomb site and another unexploded device was found at an undisclosed location, Keating, a Democrat and member of the House Homeland Security committee, said, calling the bombing a "sophisticated, coordinated, planned attack."

Davis said a third blast at the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library was believed to be related to the marathon bombings, but police later said that incident was believed to be fire-related. The library said all staff and visitors are safe.

It was unclear who may have planted the marathon bombs. There were no credible threats before the race, a state government official said.

There is no suspect in custody, but many people are being questioned, Davis said.

As authorities searched the scene, numerous suspicious packages were found, possibly because people fled the area, leaving items behind. Investigators were checking them.

All off-duty Boston police were called in.

The Marriott hotel at Copley Place was evacuated as a precaution.

The Lenox Hotel was also evacuated as a precaution, the Boston Globe reported.

'Horrific day'

Crowds were in the area watching the runners take part in the world's oldest annual marathon.

It was also Patriot's Day, commemorating the opening battle of the Revolutionary War.

Within seconds, the festive occasion turned into devastation.

"This is a horrific day in Boston," Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick said in a statement.

"My thoughts and prayers are with those who have been injured. I have been in touch with the president, Mayor (Thomas) Menino and our public safety leaders. Our focus is on making sure that the area around Copley Square is safe and secured. I am asking everyone to stay away from Copley Square and let the first responders do their jobs."

U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder spoke with FBI Director Robert Mueller and U.S. Attorney Carmen Ortiz, a Justice Department official said.

Holder has directed the full resources of the Justice Department to be deployed to ensure the matter is fully investigated, the official said.

The Federal Aviation Administration placed a flight restriction over the site of the blasts.

Other cities, including New York and Washington, tightened security as a result. Following standard protocol, the White House cleared out an area in front of the West Wing. "If you see something, say something," Mark Boughton, mayor of Danbury, Connecticut, wrote on Twitter. "All cities will be on a heightened state of alertness per Homeland Security protocols."

Mike Baingon, who works at the Atlantic Fish Company in Boston, said an explosion took place in front of the restaurant and that he was right by the front door at the time.

The explosions occurred at about 2:45 p.m., more than two hours after the first of the race's nearly 27,000 runners had crossed the finish line, CNN Producer Matt Frucci reported.

The race was halted as was subway service into the area.

Runners east of Massachusetts Avenue were directed to Boston Common; those west of Massachusetts Avenue were directed to Kenmore Square, the state's emergency management agency said.

Troops from the Massachusetts National Guard, already at the site as part of the marathon's security and crowd-management plan, were assisting police as well.

Click here to view a list of runners from Louisiana who participated in the race. http://www.nbc33tv.com/news/local-ne...a-runners-regi

http://www.nbc33tv.com/news/eight-ye...f92166862b4%26