Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    A cynic is someone who stops to smell the flowers, then looks around for the coffin
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,457 Times in 1,238 Posts

Pelosi Tells Illegal Immigrants That Work Site Raids are Un-American

EXCLUSIVE: House Speaker Nancy Pelosi recently told a group of both legal and illegal immigrants and their families that enforcement of existing immigration laws, as currently practiced, is "un-American."

The speaker, condemning raids by Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents, referred to the immigrants she was addressing as "very, very patriotic."

"Who in this country would not want to change a policy of kicking in doors in the middle of the night and sending a parent away from their families?" Pelosi told a mostly Hispanic gathering at St. Anthony's Church in San Francisco.

Click here for video of pelosi speaking

"It must be stopped....What value system is that? I think it's un-American. I think it's un-American."

Pelosi said she was invited to the church by Rep. Luis Gutierrez, D-Ill., as part of his 17-city, cross-country tour called United Families, which he says is intended to put a human face on the immigration debate.

"We think that families are the cornerstone of our society and our nation, and an immigration system should preserve those families, not destroy them," Gutierrez told FOX News Capitol Hill Producer Chad Pergram on Tuesday.

The congressman is collecting petitions that ask President Obama to "stop the immigration raids and deportations that are tearing our marriages, families and children apart." He is expected to present those petitions when Hispanic members of Congress meet with the President Wednesday.

Click here for more video from FOX News.

On Saturday night, Pelosi joined Gutierrez before a cheering crowd at St. Anthony's chanting, "Si se puede," or "Yes we can."

Referring to work site enforcement actions by ICE agents, Pelosi said, "We have to have a change in policy and practice and again ... I can't say enough, the raids must end. The raids must end.

"You are special people. You're here on a Saturday night to take responsibility for our country's future. That makes you very, very patriotic."

"I was embarrassed by what she said," said Rick Oltman, with Californians for Population Stabilization, an anti-illegal immigrant group. "Exhorting illegal aliens for taking responsibility for our country's future.... In fact, sitting there in the audience.... I really resented that comment."

"I think it was pandering to the crowd but also insulting to American citizens who consider themselves to be patriotic, who obey the rule of law," said Oltman, who shot a video of the rally.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009...aids-american/
    The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LuvBigRip For This Useful Post:

Bahet (12-29-2009), jeanea33 (03-19-2009), katgirl3 (03-19-2009), meltodd69 (03-19-2009), pepperpot (03-18-2009), SurferGirl (03-18-2009)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pelosi Tells Illegal Immigrants That Work Site Raids are Un-American

Thanks
    Thanked 1,097 Times in 643 Posts
    If they want to come here legally it's one thing, if they are breaking the law to get here it's an entirely different situation. I wonder who Pelosi hires to work in her vineyards.

Pelosi in my opinion is Un-American.

Our whole economy turned into a giant mess when she became speaker of the house. I think she let the power get to her head and she doesn't listen to the people at all.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SurferGirl For This Useful Post:

atprm (03-19-2009), katgirl3 (03-19-2009), whatever (03-19-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,793 Times in 2,027 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvBigRip View Post
    ........ insulting to American citizens who consider themselves to be patriotic, who obey the rule of law," said Oltman, who shot a video of the rally.
    bottom line......
    Mrs Pepperpot is a lady who always copes with the tricky situations that she finds herself in....

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pepperpot For This Useful Post:

Bahet (12-29-2009), katgirl3 (03-19-2009), SurferGirl (03-19-2009)

Thanks
    I say she is FIRED!!!! Since us law abiding, Tax paying citizens are wrong when it comes to people coming here illegally, let her collect her overpaid salary from them! Let her decide what pet project she is going to fund with their tax dollars.
    Heck my dogs are smarter than her. They know better than to bite the hand that feeds them.
    How dare her call us Un-American!
    I think I will sew together a giant tea bag and stitch her name in it for the 1st.
    Grandma

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to meltodd69 For This Useful Post:

jeleben (12-29-2009), katgirl3 (03-19-2009), nightrider127 (03-19-2009), SurferGirl (03-19-2009), whatever (03-19-2009)

Thanks
    I think Pelosi is hated by most Americans.
    I wish I could fire her. I was really upset that she got re-elected.

In fact this video has a good idea about dealing with congress

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeYsc...e=channel_page

Thanks
    Thanked 5,510 Times in 3,654 Posts
    If they want to come here legally it's one thing, if they are breaking the law to get here it's an entirely different situation.
    Dead in the black.
    Laissez les bon temps rouler! Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.** a 4 day work week & sex slaves ~ I say Tyt for PRESIDENT! Not to be taken internally, literally or seriously ....Suki ebaynni IS THAT BETTER ?

Thanks
    The illegal immigrants are really hard on the economy in California.
    When people hire them them they work for lower wages but then the tax payer has to pick of the slack for any medical care they need.
    They are also taking jobs away from people who are here legally.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to SurferGirl For This Useful Post:

anothersta (03-19-2009)

I can't stop the ignorance, I can only laugh at it.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,045 Times in 1,023 Posts
    what confuses me is why they care so much for illegals and so little for people who are legal, work hard and pay taxes legally.
    If she cares so much for them, then she should go live in Mexico!! And when she does she can take the illegals with her!
    My "adopted" brother. Gone but not forgotten. 8/23/09

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to whatever For This Useful Post:

Bahet (12-29-2009), jeleben (12-29-2009), meltodd69 (03-20-2009), nightrider127 (03-19-2009), pepperpot (03-19-2009), SurferGirl (03-19-2009)

A cynic is someone who stops to smell the flowers, then looks around for the coffin
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,457 Times in 1,238 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    what confuses me is why they care so much for illegals and so little for people who are legal, work hard and pay taxes legally.
    If she cares so much for them, then she should go live in Mexico!! And when she does she can take the illegals with her!

Don't forget who actually can vote.
    The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to LuvBigRip For This Useful Post:

SurferGirl (03-19-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,510 Times in 3,654 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvBigRip

Quote Originally Posted by whatever
    Don't forget who actually can vote.
    What makes you think the illegas can't vote ??

http://www.bigbigforums.com/news-inf...ng-rights.html
    Laissez les bon temps rouler! Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.** a 4 day work week & sex slaves ~ I say Tyt for PRESIDENT! Not to be taken internally, literally or seriously ....Suki ebaynni IS THAT BETTER ?

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jolie Rouge For This Useful Post:

anothersta (03-19-2009), SurferGirl (03-19-2009)

a dwelling that closely resembles an igloo
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,904 Times in 1,592 Posts
    courtesy of a forwarded email ----

and justly appropriate for the Pelosi thread:

Dumb as a box of Rocks;

A VERY GOOD EXAMPLE OF THE KIND OF REPRESENTATION WE HAVE IN CONGRESS, TRUE STORY.

A noted psychiatrist was a guest speaker at an academic function where Nancy Pelosi happened to appear. Ms Pelosi took the opportunity to schmooze the good doctor a bit and asked him a question with which he was most at ease.

'Would you mind telling me, Doctor,' she asked, 'how you detect a mental deficiency in somebody who appears completely normal?'

'Nothing is easier' he replied. 'You ask a simple question which anyone should answer with no trouble. If the person hesitates, that puts you on the track.'
    'What sort of question?' asked Pelosi.

Well, you might ask, 'Captain Cook made three trips around the world and died during one of them. Which one?''

Pelosi thought a moment, and then said with a nervous laugh, 'You wouldn't happen to have another example would you? I must confess I don't know much about history.'

2 days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atprm For This Useful Post:

nightrider127 (03-19-2009), SurferGirl (03-19-2009)