Page 7 of 12 First ... 34567891011 ... Last
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,793 Times in 2,027 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolie Rouge View Post
    Holder? Prosecuted? White House says forget it
    By Olivier Knox, Yahoo! News | The Ticket – 7 hrs ago.

The Department of Justice will not prosecute Attorney General Eric Holder after the Republican-led House of Representatives voted to hold him in contempt of Congress, the White House said Friday. "Prosecutions will not take place in this circumstance," spokesman Jay Carney told reporters aboard Air Force One as President Barack Obama headed to wildfire-ravaged Colorado. Carney dismissed the contempt vote, which grew out of Holder's refusal to turn over Justice Department documents tied to the Fast and Furious operation, as "pure politics."

The department sent House Speak John Boehner a letter underlining this point, saying it won't bring Holder's contempt citation before a federal grand jury nor will it pursue any other actions to prosecute him.

The Fast and Furious operation aimed to track how firearms sold in America end up in the hands of Mexican drug cartels. Agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) in Arizona observed suspected straw buyers purchasing weapons, but lost track of many of the guns involved. Two of the weapons were later recovered at the scene of U.S. Border Patrol agent Brian Terry's fatal shooting.Republicans have accused the ATF of "gun-walking," in which guns are deliberately allowed to flow to suspected criminals. The tactic has come to be associated with Fast and Furious, though a recent Fortune Magazine investigation cast doubt on whether it was ever part of that operation, and suggested that the ATF's inability to curtail weapons flows stemmed from lax gun laws.

Carney noted that Obama had invoked executive privilege over the documents sought by Republicans in Congress. "It is an established principle, dating back to the administration of President Ronald Reagan, that the Justice Department does not pursue prosecution in a contempt case when the president has asserted executive privilege. The assertion of executive privilege makes the contempt matter moot, if you will," he said.

So what's next for Eric Holder? "He's going to continue his excellent work as attorney general of the United States," Carney said.
    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/h...194850560.html

comments

It's a bewilder. DOJ refused to defend the Marriage Act never asking Congress. Now, they said it does not matter what Congress has decided they will not comply regardless.

The House represents the American people's interests, this is basically the executive branch telling the people that they're above our laws/judgement.

I honestly can't think of any good reason for withholding those documents. If any of you liberals know of one, let the rest of us in on it.
    Don't you get it? The King has spoken.
    Mrs Pepperpot is a lady who always copes with the tricky situations that she finds herself in....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Second Amendment .... Perverted

Thanks
    Thanked 5,510 Times in 3,654 Posts
    Free Speech chilled? #FireHolder‬ protest at White House shut down by Secret Service
    Posted at 2:24 pm on July 2, 2012

Student activists gathered outside the White House Monday morning to let President Obama and Attorney General Eric Holder know that they intend to hold them accountable for the deadly Fast and Furious operation. But the protesters were quickly cleared out by Secret Service, leading many to wonder if the White House simply didn’t like their message.

Before the #FireHolder‬ protest was shut down, the activists demanded justice for fallen border patrol agent Brian Terry and pressed the White House to release critical documents related to the federal gun-tracking scandal.

Holder lied, terry died, remember terry among chants at #fireholder #FASTANDFURIOUS protest
    They're chanting "no justice. No peace" at #FASTANDFURIOUS protest outside white house #fireholder
    ne shouting "REMEMBER TERRY" outside White House gates. #FireHolder #fastandfurious

Secret Service shut down the protest shortly after it began, citing a suspicious backpack and possibly a bomb threat.

Maurice Lewis, a student at the University of California, Merced, who marched in the event told Campus Reform that the Secret Service had seemed on edge well before the “suspicious package” was discovered.

“Several agents seemed hostile to our march and seemed anxious for us to leave the area,” said Lewis. “The discovery of the ‘unidentified package’ came just as the protest began to gain traction.”

The Daily Caller Reports: http://dailycaller.com/2012/07/01/at...rious-justice/

Secret Service spokesman Brian Leary told The Daily Caller later that law enforcement was not trying to chill protesters’ free speech rights. “We had an unattended package and we cleared it for public safety,” he said.

Leary admitted the “unattended package” turned out to be “absolutely nothing.”

“We responded as we always do with our SOP [standard operating procedure],” Leary said.

Leary said the Secret Service would not “characterize” the package but made the decision to close down the area out of “an abundance of caution.”

The activists carried on, moving the protest to another location.

#fireholder protest has been reclocated....forced to move because of a suspicious backpack:now across from bank of America
    We've been moved to the corner of 15th... #FireHolder pic.twitter.com/rSGJ1ZIS
    But eventually the protest was shut down again....

#FireHolder protest officially being ended due to Feds shutting down Pennsylvania Ave.
    The Secret Service shut down the #FastAndFurious protest at the WH. I guess Obama did not like waking up to ACCOUNTABILITY!
    Sorry, Secret Service, you might be able to clear Pennsylvania Ave. over a “suspicious package,” but you can’t shut down the #FireHolder movement on Twitter.
    http://twitchy.com/2012/07/02/speech...ecret-service/
    Laissez les bon temps rouler! Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.** a 4 day work week & sex slaves ~ I say Tyt for PRESIDENT! Not to be taken internally, literally or seriously ....Suki ebaynni IS THAT BETTER ?

Thanks

FastAndFurious : Murdered Border Patrol Agent armed with *beanbags*
    Posted by: Phineas on July 9, 2012 at 3:29 pm

Oh, for Pete’s sake! http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...#ixzz209NhKOEp

The Justice Department on Monday unsealed an indictment charging five individuals allegedly involved in Border Patrol agent Brian Terry’s death, and announced a reward of up to $1 million for information leading to the arrest of those suspects still at large.

For the first time, federal officials also revealed that Terry and an elite squad of federal agents initially fired bean bags — not bullets — at a heavily armed drug cartel crew in the mountains south of Tucson in December 2010 (sic). During the exchange, Terry was shot and killed.
    It’s not clear from the article why Terry and his colleagues were using bean bags instead of firearms. Were they required to by department policy? Were they allowed to escalate to bullets only after being shot at? Was it their choice, and they just made a disastrously wrong decision?

Regardless, that bean bags were even an option is ludicrous. Arizona is prime territory for cartel smuggling; these gangs are armed with heavy weapons and are quite willing to use them. Border Patrol agents should be armed and ready to use deadly force from the moment of first contact.

The cartels sure are.

PS: And let’s not forget that the weapons used against Agent Terry and his team were supplied by the United States government. The cartels get assault rifles, while our guys get beans.

**Posted by Phineas http://sistertoldjah.com/archives/20...with-beanbags/

comments

Late last year a contingent of Border Patrol agents went through firearms training at the range where I am a member. They had some sound drills they performed with impressive firepower. My first thought was, “Why are they doing all this? They will only be armed with beanbags and sidearms at the most inopportune times.” I did not know then how right I was in that assumption.

Oh God, how stupid is our government! How can they sleep at night knowing that they are turning our land into Mexico by allowing the invasion of drug cartels and low-skill, anchor-baby-birthing work thieves. What have we done to deserve this government?

Well, that would be stupidly consistent with what the Border Patrol Union said about being told to run away if encountering a shooter in a public place. Just more culpability from the DOJ. They have ads here in FL all the time about becoming a Border Patrol Agent. I think I will pass, at least in the military they give you real guns with real bullets to fight an enemy that has them.
    Laissez les bon temps rouler! Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.** a 4 day work week & sex slaves ~ I say Tyt for PRESIDENT! Not to be taken internally, literally or seriously ....Suki ebaynni IS THAT BETTER ?

Thanks

Maybe someone can help me with this. Maybe I'm just tired but when are we actually ok with the President keeping secrets from the Congress? ANY President. When is this ok? And is it actually in the Constitution that the President can tell Congress, "Nope sorry, that's on a need to know basis." Isn't this just a license to criminality on the part of the President? Help me out here because i don't think I like this concept one iota.

Don't forget the treaties B.O. will push through the Senate during the lame duck session so he can get all Dem/Liberal votes in favor of them before he leaves the presidency.

Don't forget that his first Executive Order the day after his inauguration was to seal all records about his past.

FACT CHECK: Mitt Romney is NOT a member of the Illuminati... Mitt is NOT a Knights Templar... Mitt was NOT a Mickey Mouse Club member... Mitt Romney did not "Shoot the Sheriff"... Mitt has not ever played the Saxophone...

Last edited by Jolie Rouge; 07-10-2012 at 05:59 AM.

Thanks
    Bean bags? Really? Was the thought if they threw beans they'd stop shooting bullets at them to cook up some rice? WTF????
    Mrs Pepperpot is a lady who always copes with the tricky situations that she finds herself in....

Thanks
    Edmund Burke is most famously noted for the popular saying, "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing"

"Can people tax themselves into prosperity? Can a man stand in a bucket and lift himself up by the handle?" Winston Churchill

Me

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pepperpot View Post
    Bean bags? Really? Was the thought if they threw beans they'd stop shooting bullets at them to cook up some rice? WTF????
    ammo rounds filled with a beanbag - non-lethal in most cases - not "red beans and rice" rounds

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolie Rouge View Post
    ammo rounds filled with a beanbag - non-lethal in most cases - not "red beans and rice" rounds

You mean in some cases they are?

Thanks
    Obama Sealed Records of Murdered Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry
    By Bonzer Wolf on December 1, 2011 |

The family of Border Patrol agent Brian Terry, who was murdered with an “Operation Fast and Furious” weapon a year ago, think Attorney General Eric Holder should resign over the scandal. Josephine and Kent Terry blame for Brian’s death on Holder, his top assistant Lanny Breuer, former U.S. Attorney Dennis Burke and ATF officials. “If they never let the guns walk, maybe Brian would not have been out that day,” Josephine said. “I just can’t believe our own government came up with a program like this that (let) innocent people get killed.”

Holder’s response to calls for his resignation, “There are 115,000 employees in the Department of Justice,” Holder said. “I cannot be expected to know the details of every operation on a day-to-day basis.”

While President Obama travels to swing states to peddle class warfare, his administration is doing whatever they can to cover up their horrific failings. Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry was murdered in cold blood by Mexican drug smugglers with guns tied to the botched Operation Fast and Furious that allowed firearms to be smuggled into Mexico.

The government then lost track of those firearms until they showed up at crime scenes. Now they’re doing everything they can to keep this information from the American people. According to Judicial Watch, they have now sealed the records of Brian Terry’s murder.

The Obama Administration has abruptly sealed court records containing alarming details of how Mexican drug smugglers murdered a U.S. Border patrol agent with a gun connected to a failed federal experiment that allowed firearms to be smuggled into Mexico.

This means information will now be kept from the public as well as the media. Could this be a cover-up on the part of the “most transparent” administration in history? After all, the rifle used to kill the federal agent (Brian Terry) last December in Arizona’s Peck Canyon was part of the now infamous Operation Fast and Furious. Conducted by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), the disastrous scheme allowed guns to be smuggled into Mexico so they could eventually be traced to drug cartels.

Instead, federal law enforcement officers lost track of more than 1,000 guns which have been used in numerous crimes. In Terry’s case, five illegal immigrants armed with at least two semi-automatic assault rifles were hunting for U.S. Border Patrol agents near a desert watering hole just north of the Arizona-Mexico border when a firefight erupted and Terry got hit.

We know this only because Washington D.C.’s conservative newspaper , the Washington Times, discovered the court documents before the government suddenly made them off limits. The now-sealed federal grand jury indictment tells the frightening story of how Terry was gunned down by Mexican drug smugglers patrolling the rugged desert with the intent to “intentionally and forcibly assault” Border Patrol agents.
    http://www.zimbio.com/Illegal+immigr...+Border+Patrol

Thanks
    Stole from a friends' FB status ...

In support of restricting the rights of Americans to own certain types of forearms, President Obama has made the statement that “ ...only soldiers should be able to possess an AK-7".
    Respectfully, Mr. President, and with all sensitivity to the recent Colorado events, I must disagree. While the 2nd Amendment does not specifically address the rationale for its existence, numerous writings of our founding fathers evidence that, among other things, consideration was given to the fact that citizens should have a defense against the risk that the government, for whatever reason, would attempt to move from a democracy and that an oppressive government regime would be established.

It is noteworthy to point out that at the time the 2nd Amendment was enacted there was little disparity between the firearm which could be realistically owned by the average citizen and the firearm primarily used by the military. In other words, there was close to an equal balance. This disparity has grown beyond belief. The weapons primarily used by today’s military make what the average citizen owns look like a “pop-gun”.

Now, I am a realist Mr. President. I understand the risk of our government flipping overnight into a dictatorship, or some other type of oppressive government is very unlikely. The problem is that I had to say “ very unlikely” and was not able to say “never”.

Whenever there is a lack of absolute certainty, there is conversely some degree of risk that another outcome may present itself. If that outcome is everything we as a people have every fought for, nurtured, and created being lost or being for naught.....well, even the most minute risk is too much, and as such there must be some balance to that risk.

I would not be in favor of my neighbor harboring a battery of Patriot Missiles in his back yard, but when we start talking about restricting and disallowing the ownership of certain firearms...firearms that people can already legally own....I think we have just started dancing on the edge of a slippery slope.

I recognize the value of human life and I hurt every time I see it lost. But the restrictions you speak of are simply a knee jerk reaction to a bigger problem. The insane will always find a means by which to reach out and hurt others for their own twisted reasons.

I find it an interesting observation that the country is called upon to mourn the 12 lives lost in Colorado, yet just 2 days after the Dark Knight incident another 14 lives were silently lost in Texas when a defective tire blew out on overloaded truck and crashed.

Why does the government put laws in place that so strongly protect big corporations who manufacture defective products, yet want to take away guns? Is dying one way more valuable than another? Do families mourn less? Are orphans any less orphans because of the way their parents were killed?

We are an intelligent generation Mr. President and we are wary of special interest groups attempting to use tragedy as a vehicle to drive their agendas. I call it as I see, Mr. President...there have been some good things you have done and there have been some problematic things. Taking this stance is more than problematic.....it very well could be the beginning of a place we never want to be.
    Would like to add two points... Obama doesn't think that automatic weapons belong in the hands of any but the military ... but supplied them to Mexican drug cartels ??

The above described wreck was not ness caused by a "defective tire" ... it was caused by piling 23 people in a Ford F250 ... most crammed in the bed of the pick up... illegal immigrants from South America and mexico
    Last edited by Jolie Rouge; 07-26-2012 at 08:05 AM.

Thanks

GOP Report Names Five ATF Officials Responsible for Fast and Furious
    July, 31, 2012

Fast and Furious, the fatally flawed operation that allowed 2,500 guns to walk across the border into the hands of Mexican drug cartel killers, began in fall 2009 and was only halted after U.S. Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry was killed in December 2010. Approximately 300 Mexicans were killed or wounded by Operation Fast and Furious guns, which have been found in the vicinity of at least 200 crime scenes.

In a final report likely to be released later this week, Republican congressional investigators have concluded that five senior ATF officials are responsible for the failed operation that they say was “marred by missteps, poor judgments and inherently reckless strategy.” The five managers are highlighted in bold type, in the paragraphs below.

Richard Serrano at The LA Times has the exclusive report: http://www.latimes.com/news/politics...,4364586.story

The five ATF managers, since moved to other positions, have either defended Fast and Furious in congressional testimony or refused to discuss it. They could not be reached for comment Monday. At the Justice Department, senior officials, including Holder, have steadfastly maintained that Fast and Furious was confined to the Arizona border region and that Washington was never aware of the flawed tactics.

The joint staff report, authored by Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Vista), chairman of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, and Charles E. Grassley of Iowa, the top Republican on the Senate Judiciary Committee, was highly critical of the ATF supervisors.

They found that William Newell, the special agent-in-charge in Phoenix, exhibited “repeatedly risky” management and “consistently pushed the envelope of permissible investigative techniques.” The report said “he had been reprimanded … before for crossing the line, but under a new administration and a new attorney general he reverted back to the use of risky gunwalking tactics.”

His boss, Deputy Assistant Director for Field Operations William McMahon, “rubber stamped critical documents that came across his desk without reading them,” the report alleged. “In McMahon’s view it was not his job to ask any questions about what was going on in the field.”

They added that McMahon gave “false testimony” to Congress about signing applications for wiretap intercepts in Fast and Furious.

His supervisor, Mark Chait, assistant director for field operations, “played a surprisingly passive role during the operation,” the report said. “He failed to provide oversight that his experience should have dictated and his position required.”

Above Chait was Deputy Director William Hoover, who the report said ordered an exit strategy to scuttle Fast and Furious but never followed through: “Hoover was derelict in his duty to ensure that public safety was not jeopardized.”

And they said Melson, a longtime career Justice official, “often stayed above the fray” instead of bringing Fast and Furious to an “end sooner.”

But, the investigators said, ATF agents said that they were hamstrung by federal prosecutors in Arizona from obtaining criminal charges for illegal gun sales, and that Melson “even offered to travel to Phoenix to write the indictments himself. Still, he never ordered it be shut down.”
    This is just the first of three final reports that investigators say will deal with “the devastating failure of supervision and leadership” at the DOJ and an “unprecedented obstruction of the investigation by the highest levels of the Justice Department, including the attorney general himself.”

Shameless and brazen Democrats have demonstrated that they are willing to circle the wagons for this most corrupt of Attorney Generals so it looks highly unlikely, at this point, that he will step down, or be forced to step down before the election.

After all, Holder has a very important role to play, this year, IYKWIMAITYD. http://www.powerlineblog.com/archive...ud-program.php

http://nicedeb.wordpress.com/2012/07...t-and-furious/