Page 76 of 77 First ... 2656727374757677 Last
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,510 Times in 3,654 Posts
    I don't do the ''gifts'' for people at work.
    she quit about six months ago ... which just adds to the level of "tacky". I know some people will invite everyone they have ever met... but this is a new "low"
    Laissez les bon temps rouler! Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.** a 4 day work week & sex slaves ~ I say Tyt for PRESIDENT! Not to be taken internally, literally or seriously ....Suki ebaynni IS THAT BETTER ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gripes worthy of a post but not an entire thread.......

Thanks

If the sisters and cousins wanted to include "Wendy" ... they could each chip in a little $$ and invite her. This is just cruel
    Laissez les bon temps rouler! Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.** a 4 day work week & sex slaves ~ I say Tyt for PRESIDENT! Not to be taken internally, literally or seriously ....Suki ebaynni IS THAT BETTER ?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,862 Times in 4,292 Posts
    The easiest way to handle this would be to do what I do. Invite her along and say ''so-and-so, and I are going to _________ this weekend. We're all pitching in X amount of dollars towards hotel and gas money, and you'll need your own spending money. Are you interested in coming along?"

That way the person knows what to expect, and has the chance to be asked....and can turn it down if necessary.

Thanks
    I agree and once she goes once, then she (and the others) can decide if she thinks she fits in. I think the issue is not not going but never having been considered to begin with.
    What Goes Around, Comes Around

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to baragabrat For This Useful Post:

hblueeyes (05-31-2015), Jolie Rouge (06-01-2015)

Thanks
    My family NEVER invites me to anything. But my friends will not only invite me but if money is an issue they would be willing to kick in extra $$ on my behalf so I could go if I needed it. And I have done the same for them. That is the difference between wanting you there and not wanting you there.

Me

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hblueeyes For This Useful Post:

Jolie Rouge (06-01-2015), Mary_Jo3 (05-06-2020)

Thanks
    Break down what she says :

"we are all married stay at home moms - she is a divorced, working, single parent, with a young child"
    ... she doesn't have very much money for an outing...
    Hmmm... scale back your excurision to something that she could afford ? Maybe chip in and help her out ?

"....we are all very active church goers, while she only attends sporaticly ..."
    Maybe she works weekends; maybe she is just exhausted from having to do the job of a mom and a dad and the bread winner too ... These are they types that give "christian" a bad name. They may be active in their "church" but they are certainly not bringing home the lesson when they close the door behind them.

This is the one that chaps my hide...

... came over to my house unannounced, crying about it which upset my children AND CAUSED MY HUSBAND TO THREATEN TO CALL THE POLICE ...
    You were going to call the cops on your own sister because she was upset ?? Damn .. that is COLD.

And you wonder WHY she "barely speaks" to you anymore ???

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jolie Rouge For This Useful Post:

hblueeyes (06-02-2015), Mary_Jo3 (04-29-2019)

Thanks
    I work in a kitchen I a Health Food Store. We have a cafe' and a menu. I don't mind tweaking a menu item for a customer... but that doesn't mean that you can just make up your own dish a la carte. We have menu item - Greek Pita Pocket- grilled pita stuffed with fresh spinach, onions, tomato, olives, cucumber, feta cheese tossed wit olive oil. Lady threw a fit wanted pita with lettuce, onion, avocado, ham, roast beef and mustard. THAT is not a menu item. As petty as it sounds, it messed up my whole kitchen mojo.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jolie Rouge For This Useful Post:

3lilpigs (06-06-2015), Mary_Jo3 (04-29-2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolie Rouge View Post
    I work in a kitchen I a Health Food Store. We have a cafe' and a menu. I don't mind tweaking a menu item for a customer... but that doesn't mean that you can just make up your own dish a la carte. We have menu item - Greek Pita Pocket- grilled pita stuffed with fresh spinach, onions, tomato, olives, cucumber, feta cheese tossed wit olive oil. Lady threw a fit wanted pita with lettuce, onion, avocado, ham, roast beef and mustard. THAT is not a menu item. As petty as it sounds, it messed up my whole kitchen mojo.

Former Mc's manager here........I can sympathize with ya!! Some people just think they're entitled to anything and everything.

Next time tell them if they want it their way, go to Burger King. lol

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 3lilpigs For This Useful Post:

Jolie Rouge (06-06-2015), magickay (06-26-2015), Mary_Jo3 (04-29-2019), SLance68 (06-07-2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolie Rouge View Post

:

Todays' weird request ... a vegan muffulotta.

Now this is a New Orleans speciality and to have a GOOD muffalotta you have t have a marinated olive salad mix. Which WE do not.

To give you the idea, I will share a proper recipe for a good muffalotta

Real N'awlins Muffuletta

"These gigantic sandwiches were invented a century ago at Sicilian Deli here in New Orleans. The spicy, tangy olive salad is what really sets this meat and cheese sandwich apart. A genuine muffuletta should be made on oven-fresh Italian bread topped with sesame seeds. Be sure and use the highest-quality ingredients available; it really makes a difference! Since you're going to all the trouble of making the olive salad, consider doubling the recipe so you'll have some extra waiting around for when you get another muffuletta craving -- it keeps for at least a month! Note: Use round bread loaves for real muffuletta."

1 cup pimento-stuffed green olives, crushed
    1/2 cup drained kalamata olives, crushed
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1/4 cup roughly chopped pickled cauliflower florets
    2 tablespoons drained capers
    1 tablespoon chopped celery
    1 tablespoon chopped carrot
    1/2 cup pepperoncini, drained
    1/4 cup marinated cocktail onions
    1/2 teaspoon celery seed
    1 teaspoon dried oregano
    1 teaspoon dried basil
    3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
    1/4 cup red wine vinegar
    1/2 cup olive oil
    1/4 cup canola oil
    2 (1 pound) loaves Italian bread
    8 ounces thinly sliced Genoa salami
    8 ounces thinly sliced cooked ham
    8 ounces sliced mortadella
    8 ounces sliced mozzarella cheese
    8 ounces sliced provolone cheese

Directions:

1. To Make Olive Salad: In a medium bowl, combine the green olives, kalamata olives, garlic, cauliflower, capers, celery, carrot, pepperoncini, cocktail onions, celery seed, oregano, basil, black pepper, vinegar, olive oil and canola oil. Mix together and transfer mixture into a glass jar (or other nonreactive container). If needed, pour in more oil to cover. Cover jar or container and refrigerate at least overnight.

2. To Make Sandwiches: Cut loaves of bread in half horizontally; hollow out some of the excess bread to make room for filling. Spread each piece of bread with equal amounts olive salad, including oil. Layer 'bottom half' of each loaf with 1/2 of the salami, ham, mortadella, mozzarella and Provolone. Replace 'top half' on each loaf and cut sandwich into quarters.

3. Serve immediately, or wrap tightly and refrigerate for a few hours; this will allow for the flavors to mingle and the olive salad to soak into the bread.
    What they made me do ... chop bell pepper, green salad olives, black kalamata olives; toss with olive oil and shredded soy cheese and then grill sliced TOFURKEY and put all on a toasted hamburger bun.

GROSS. YUCK. A travesty.

And then the customer got mad because it didn't TASTE like a muffuletta.

DUH !!!

Stop asking me to make weird stuff and don't complain when I give you EXACTLY what you asked for.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jolie Rouge For This Useful Post:

magickay (10-10-2015), Mary_Jo3 (04-29-2019)

Thanks
    Can we PLEASE get rid of the word 'LITERALLY!!'

My God, it's becoming more over used than ''like''. Everything is now ''literally'' this, or ''literally'' that! It's not even being used correctly!!

A girl at work was telling me about her weekend, and she said her and her husband "literally went to the movies on Friday night."
    Really?? You literally went? *smh*

They literally sat down.....they literally ate popcorn....they literally watched the movie......ENOUGH!!!

My niece just posted a youtube video of some girl dancing and lip syncing in her car. She commented 'this is literally me!"
    Uh, nooooooooo

If it was LITERALLY you, it would BE YOU AND NOT THAT GIRL!!

(deep breath!)

Ok, I'm done. lol

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 3lilpigs For This Useful Post:

Jolie Rouge (09-16-2015), magickay (10-10-2015), Mary_Jo3 (04-29-2019), nelda (09-17-2015)

Thanks
    I was reading an article about the dangers in releasing helium balloons - birds and animals get tangled in the trailing ribbons and die; fish, marine life, birds and others eat the balloons mistaking it for food and then die of complications. In the comments following as this gem :

I don't release balloons, largely because it simply doesn't appeal to me. But if it's such a big deal, maybe we should allowing oil to be transported by boat, require anyone who buys a pet(including fish and hamsters) to be trained and legally licensed, ban pet snakes because they eat mice, and outlaw eating meats. Just a thought.

# Posted By Get a life
    Way to stay on topic, Dude.

let us pick this apart :

I don't release balloons, largely because it simply doesn't appeal to me...

# Posted By Get a life | 8/18/15 7:51 PM
    Good. Problem solved in regards o what you can do.

But if it's such a big deal, maybe we should allowing oil to be transported by boat,
    Missed a word I think ? I think they are saying "NOT" allowed. Which has to do with ??? what ? If we don't transport by boat, then w need pipeline. When that is proposed then this knucklehead will complain that it is altering the habitat. Can't have your gluten free, sugarless, vegan cake and eat it too.

... require anyone who buys a pet(including fish and hamsters) to be trained and legally licensed...
    You can buy a book and read it. It is what most people do. While I agree pets should not be treated as toys or fashion accessories ...this is silly.

.. ban pet snakes because they eat mice ...
    I'm sorry?? What do you think they eat in the wild ?? Poptarts ?

It depends on the species and the size of the snake... some eat crickets, some eat other things... b the snakes are not shopping ahe grocery store.

..and outlaw eating meats. Just a thought.

Yeah. :SMH: And this has what to o with balloons and wildlife ??

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Jolie Rouge For This Useful Post:

Mary_Jo3 (04-29-2019)