Page 4 of 5 First 12345 Last

Thanks
    Thanked 3,514 Times in 1,965 Posts
    Employers have always begrudged providing insurance because of the cost. I believe they'll stop providing it if the government provides it instead. They'd be dumb not too. Think of the money they would save. So I doubt people wil get to keep their insurance except maybe in companies that make a lot and don't mind insurance costs.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Liberal Lies About National Health Care: Second in a Series (Collect All 10!)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,532 Times in 1,529 Posts
    I don't even believe the health fairs. So many people showing up does not mean they have no insurance, it just means they put out a free sign. So you really think all the people on here searching for freebies are destitute?

People just line up when they see FREE. Hawaii tried to insure children whose parents couldn't afford insurance. All the parents who were paying for health insurance on their kids dropped it for the free health care. It's human nature for you and it broke the system.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to janelle For This Useful Post:

pepperpot (08-30-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,093 Times in 843 Posts
    What's an employer's incentive to give their employees health benefits now? If they have to by law now they will still have to by law ten. There's nothing in that bill that says employers who have to provide insurance now will no longer have to do so. Until that specific law is changed adding another option for individuals isn't going to affect what employers must do.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,532 Times in 1,529 Posts
    Oh, don't worry, Obama wants a one payer---the government---system so the employers will be able to stop their insurance policies for the employees. No more competition from one employer to the next for getting good people to work for them.

Thanks
    In this economy a paycheck is the only thing someone needs to offer to have people running for a job. Even in a strong economy most people look only at what they will be earning and not whether or not the prospective employer matches their 401K or has a $20 copay for dental care.

Is your assertion that Obama wants only government care pure speculation or do you have some real proof. (Please, real proof, not Ann Coulter's opinion.)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,926 Times in 860 Posts
    No, Bahet, it isn't speculation. I posted a video from 2003 where he said exactly that. He wants to put private insurance companies out of business.
    It is the Right of the People to Alter or Abolish Government

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tngirl For This Useful Post:

Bahet (08-30-2009), galeane29 (08-30-2009), Jolie Rouge (05-07-2014), pepperpot (08-30-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,793 Times in 2,027 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hesnothere View Post
    You are correct, the man in control is a loose wing nut!
    Mrs Pepperpot is a lady who always copes with the tricky situations that she finds herself in....

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pepperpot For This Useful Post:

galeane29 (08-30-2009), Willow (08-30-2009)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tngirl View Post
    No, Bahet, it isn't speculation. I posted a video from 2003 where he said exactly that. He wants to put private insurance companies out of business.
    Then that's just one more thing I disagree with him about. People should have the choice. Keep the laws the same as now where employers with over a certain number of employees are required by law to offer health coverage. However, people who work for employers who don't offer health insurance, those who are out of work, the self employed, etc should all have health insurance available to them that won't cost an outrageous amount. I honestly don't see why some think that would be a bad thing.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Bahet For This Useful Post:

hesnothere (08-30-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,514 Times in 1,965 Posts
    I don't mind government insurance as long as you don't have to wait a long time for treatment or someone in the government doesn't deny treatment because its too expensive. I know private insurance does the denying thing but I never had that happen when we had insurance.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,017 Times in 661 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pepperpot View Post
    You are correct, the man in control is a loose wing nut!
    Once again showing poor reading comprehension skills. First pic is a right wing.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,793 Times in 2,027 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hesnothere View Post
    Once again showing poor reading comprehension skills. First pic is a right wing.
    It looked like the 'presidential' eagle to me.....
    Last edited by pepperpot; 08-30-2009 at 03:10 PM.
    Mrs Pepperpot is a lady who always copes with the tricky situations that she finds herself in....

17. The Following User Says Thank You to pepperpot For This Useful Post:

galeane29 (08-30-2009)