Page 3 of 6 First 123456 Last

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pepperpot View Post
    Sometimes, I believe that Republicans see our new President as their Messiah. Oftentimes, you seem to think that Obama should have been able to fix the horrible mistakes of the last 8 years in 2 mere months.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Venezuelan leader: 'Capitalism needs to go down'

Thanks
    Thanked 3,793 Times in 2,027 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikej View Post
    Sometimes, I believe that Republicans see our new President as their Messiah. Oftentimes, you seem to think that Obama should have been able to fix the horrible mistakes of the last 8 years in 2 mere months.
    Respectfully, you don't know what I think.... but it's very evident to see...that you are in awe.....
    Last edited by pepperpot; 04-03-2009 at 03:35 PM.
    Mrs Pepperpot is a lady who always copes with the tricky situations that she finds herself in....

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pepperpot For This Useful Post:

katgirl3 (04-03-2009), SurferGirl (04-03-2009)

Thanks

I can guarantee you 100% that no republican sees Obama as a messiah. lol I didnt expect him to fix everything in 2 months. I didnt expect him to make it worse. I didnt expect him to just keep spending either.
    Last edited by jeanea33; 04-03-2009 at 03:40 PM.
    Some Say, I Am One In A Angry Mob.....

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jeanea33 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,793 Times in 2,027 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeanea33 View Post
    I can guarantee you 100% that no republican sees Obama as a messiah. lol
    Well, he got the "mess" part right!
    Mrs Pepperpot is a lady who always copes with the tricky situations that she finds herself in....

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pepperpot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jeanea33 View Post
    I can guarantee you 100% that no republican sees Obama as a messiah. lol I didnt expect him to fix everything in 2 months. I didnt expect him to make it worse. I didnt expect him to just keep spending either.
    With today's jobless numbers, we are now in a depression. It won't be as bad as the last one because we have a few safety nets in place. The very worst thing that Obama could do is stop spending. Hoover stopped spending and the economy took a nosedive. Roosevelt was relucctant to spend but was talked into it. Later, Roosevelt was talked into cutting spending and the slight recovery we had enjoyed disappearred.

There was some 70 trillion dollars which constituted nothing more than bets placed on top of the garbage mortgage loans. The financial companies still declare these assets to be worth around 50 trillion dollars. I am not really convinced that these assets have any value whatsoever.

These assets have been invested in by the folks that manage your 401K. They are held by you automobile, homeowner's, and life insurance companies. They are held by pension companies. They are held by municipalities as a place to park funds until needed. Some are held by foreign governements.

If we allowed the financial companies to fail, the results would be far worse than the Great Depression. There would be no police or firemen. There would be nothing left that resembled an economy. Bush was familiar with the gravity of the situation. Did you know that he told House and Senate leadership that he was prepared to declare martial law if the TARP bill didn't pass?

Other than finance, do you have any idea what other industries contribute most to our economy? We are left with the manufacture of airplanes and the big boogeymen, Hollywood movies. This is why Obama wants to develop green industries and transcontinental high speed rail. We have an oversupply of houses. Construction isn't coming back anytime soon. Commercial real estate is in deep trouble too. We no longer manufacture cloth or clothing. We don't make many cars here.

Thanks
    Safety nets? What are those? We are not even close to being out of financial problems. In about 2 yrs we will be in inflation from printing money with no backing. We just begun. Hang on its going to be a bumpy ride.
    Last edited by jeanea33; 04-03-2009 at 04:44 PM.
    Some Say, I Am One In A Angry Mob.....

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jeanea33 For This Useful Post:

katgirl3 (04-03-2009), pepperpot (04-03-2009), SurferGirl (04-03-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,926 Times in 860 Posts
    Ahhhh, Crazy Chavez, Latin America's newest dictator. And mikej, why don't you make yourself a little trip on down to Venezuela and check out that new "government" that they have. It is so wonderful that people are leaving in the masses.

As for white folk being to blame for the economic crisis, I can tell you don't know much about Memphis politics...lol.
    It is the Right of the People to Alter or Abolish Government

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tngirl For This Useful Post:

jeanea33 (04-03-2009), SurferGirl (04-03-2009)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tngirl View Post
    Ahhhh, Crazy Chavez, Latin America's newest dictator. And mikej, why don't you make yourself a little trip on down to Venezuela and check out that new "government" that they have. It is so wonderful that people are leaving in the masses.

As for white folk being to blame for the economic crisis, I can tell you don't know much about Memphis politics...lol.
    We weren't actually talking about Chavez for the last few threads. I don't care what Chavez says. Why do you? I don't see any need for him to embrace capitalism. Let's see how they do.

What do I know about Memphis period? I know that they have the highest infant mortality rate in the nation. Elvis is buried there. I think that the city is probably run by Republicans. I know that New York, not Memphis, is the financial capitol. (I went to a meeting in Chatanooga years ago and saw the choochoo) My son loves Gatlinburg. He's been several times with the debate team. Al Gore was born there and lives there now. You just don't hear much about Memphis or their politics. I agree with you 100%! I don't know anything about Memphis or its politics. Actually, I don't know much about Memphis.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,926 Times in 860 Posts
    We weren't actually talking about Chavez for the last few threads. They aren't threads, they are replies and considering that the THREAD is about Crazy Chavez, also, considering the REPLY I responded to was from back at the beginning of the THREAD, I see it as relevant. I don't care what Chavez says. Why do you? Because he is CRAZY and constantly insulting my country. I don't see any need for him to embrace capitalism. Let's see how they do.

What do I know about Memphis period? I know that they have the highest infant mortality rate in the nation. Elvis is buried there. I think that the city is probably run by Republicans. Oh, not even close! Memphis is 80% Democrat and I can't think of even one of our elected officials that comes close to being a Republican. And the majority of our elected officials here are black. I know that New York, not Memphis, is the financial capitol. (I went to a meeting in Chatanooga years ago and saw the choochoo) My son loves Gatlinburg. He's been several times with the debate team. Al Gore was born there Born in Nashville and lives there now. Besides Nashville, none of these places are even remotely close to Memphis. You just don't hear much about Memphis or their politics. Well, maybe you might want to learn a few more facts about cities such as Memphis and their politics and demographics before spouting off your mouth with utter BS. I agree with you 100%! I don't know anything about Memphis or its politics. Actually, I don't know much about Memphis.
    NEXT!!
    It is the Right of the People to Alter or Abolish Government

16. The Following User Says Thank You to tngirl For This Useful Post:

SurferGirl (04-03-2009)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ahippiechic View Post
    OMG, I have that cup! Except mine has a blonde Viking on it!
    I thought it might have a smurf on it
    Wash your hands and say your prayers
    Because germs and Jesus are everywhere!

a dwelling that closely resembles an igloo
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,904 Times in 1,592 Posts

LOL
    2 days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.