Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Thanks
    its not just with avg, I have macfee on one computer and it did the same thing, and have avg on other computer,
    the one with macfee, I was able to use the restre to an earlier date, several weeks prior to the day I got it, and it fixed it.
    The one with avg, I ended up unistalling avg and installing macfee on it, and so far, its doing great.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WARNING!! AVG POP UP ALERT is a .........

Thanks
    Thanks for the warning!!!!
    It's only kinky the first time.

Thanks
    Hubby just cleaned a laptop as well. The guys plays in a rock band and got a virus thru a song and then the pop up came up and he clicked on it. After that the screen filled with pop ups. He had 26 virus' and 5 trograns. We just wiped it clean and reinstalled.
    Wash your hands and say your prayers
    Because germs and Jesus are everywhere!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,134 Times in 2,920 Posts
    Was it the HTML/FakeAV trojan virus? That is rampant and has been around for awhile. I got it several time last week and removed it.
    “Your body is not a temple, it’s an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.” Anthony Bourdain

Thanks
    Happened to me a few days before Christmas both at work AND on my laptop. I was on a graphics site (posting Christmas comments to my friends) when I started getting these Anti-Virus pop-ups. I'm usually good about that kind of stuff, so I either accidentally clicked something or I already had the virus and something triggered it. I dunno. Took 2 tech guys at work to fix my computer. My laptop still isn't fixed. I got so frustrated I just went out and bought another, but I plan to get the old one fixed to give to the kids.

Thanks
    Bump
    (((
    ( *)>
    ( ) )
    ///^^
    Quaker Parrot & African Grey lover Feedback

Thanks
    My fiance's computer got this one, he couldn't get it deleted for the life of him, so, ultimately he just reformatted the whole computer, lol! Thank god he has an external hard drive to store the "important" stuff on. Be careful not to click on this if you use AVG, it is VERY similar to the real one!
    Liz

Thanks
    Thanked 1,083 Times in 566 Posts
    My AVG updates automatically, so you would think I would know something was up if I got a pop up..but ya never know. Thanks for the warning.
    ~Gina~

I can't stop the ignorance, I can only laugh at it.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,045 Times in 1,023 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by speedygirl View Post
    Was it the HTML/FakeAV trojan virus? That is rampant and has been around for awhile. I got it several time last week and removed it.
    No idea. I had never heard of it. But thought If I hadn't maybe others had not either.
    My "adopted" brother. Gone but not forgotten. 8/23/09

Thanks
    I heard this AVG thing is actually a newer version of the old malware. If you do have it, you should check your credit card and bank accounts asap to make sure there is nothing out of the oridinary going on. I was also told that this thing instantaneously searches your hard drive for credit card numbers and immediately starts charging things to them.