Page 26 of 29 First ... 62223242526272829 Last
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SurferGirl View Post
    Obama is sounding more like a dictator all the time.
    This is America and we will never tolerate a dictator.
    I can't even believe what I just read, America tolerated Bush for 8yrs & I don't think anyone could ever come closer to being a dictator than Bush!

To funny!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SHELBYDOG For This Useful Post:

Bahet (05-03-2009), candygirl (05-03-2009), hesnothere (05-03-2009)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Time for a Tea Party

Thanks
    Thanked 3,514 Times in 1,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SHELBYDOG View Post
    I can't even believe what I just read, America tolerated Bush for 8yrs & I don't think anyone could ever come closer to being a dictator than Bush!

To funny!
    Are you serious? You need to go look up what a dictator is if you think Bush was one. Or go look at the countries that have one now and have had dictators in the past. Bush wasn't anything that even resembles a dictator. I can't believe you even said this. You need to go live in one of the countries that really has a dictator and then I bet you'll change you're mind that Bush wasn't so bad at all.
    Last edited by gmyers; 05-03-2009 at 12:27 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to gmyers For This Useful Post:

pepperpot (05-03-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,093 Times in 843 Posts
    I don't know of any other President who ever told someone "Stop throwing the Constitution in my face. It's just a God damned piece of paper." But Bush did. He didn't like it when people wanted him to obey that pesky bit of paper.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bahet For This Useful Post:

ahippiechic (05-03-2009), candygirl (05-03-2009), ElleGee (05-03-2009)

Thanks
    That still doesn't make him anywhere near a dictator. That was really a stretch. I'll take Bush any day over the real dictators in a lot of other countries.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to gmyers For This Useful Post:

pepperpot (05-03-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,097 Times in 643 Posts
    http://teapartypatriots.org/index.ph...e&catid=2:blog

PRESS RELEASE - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    Written by Mark Meckler
    Friday, 01 May 2009 16:32
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: CONTACTS: Mark Meckler, 530-210-6080 Amy Kremer, 675-495-8271
    Rob Neppell, rob@teapartypatriots.org This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
    Jenny Beth Martin, 404-326-0936
    Tea Party Patriots
    http://teapartypatriots.org

President Obama, Speaker Pelosi, and Others Owe 1.2 Million Tea Partiers an Apology -

The American People Deserve Better From Their Elected Representatives and Are Beginning to Demand It

Among the political class it has apparently become acceptable, and even fashionable, for American politicians from the President on down to mock the citizens they represent. In a development that can only further denigrate the discourse necessary to any effective democracy, politicians and the "serious" news media are now mocking citizens regularly and with impunity. Supported by mainstream journalists on MSNBC and CNN who themselves use sexual slurs on national television to mock and attack the same citizens, the politicians openly demonstrate their feelings of superiority in regard to those they were elected to represent. They now candidly express their disdain for a significant portion of the American population without threat of reprisal by the mainstream media.

On the morning of the April 15th Tea Parties, the American public was informed on national news by one of the President's economic advisers, Jared Bernstein, that the President was "unaware" of the tea parties taking place in over 850 cities across the nation. On April 29th, the President informed a town hall meeting in St. Louis that he has now become aware of the tea parties, but only from "certain news channels on which I'm not very popular." He referred to the one million plus Patriots who came out in legitimate and constitutionally protected demonstrations of free speech on April 15th as "folks waving tea bags around..." While he collects royalties (last year about $2.6 million) from his books, The Audacity of Hope and Dreams From My Father, the President has the audacity to imply that we the people have nothing legitimate to say about high taxes, wasteful spending and corporate bailouts. The President also seems to believe that it is appropriate to mock millions of Americans who are expressing their opinions publicly in a peaceful manner. "Perhaps he feels that by mocking the tea parties and the patriots who attend them, that he can marginalize them. But we know that real patriots cannot be marginalized, and that they will continue to make their voices heard in ever greater numbers," says Mark Meckler, Sacramento Tea Party Coordinator and Tea Party Patriots National Leadership Council Member.

This sort of condescending approach to the grassroots is a hallmark of politicians all across this land. We, the grassroots are mocked by the President as "folks waving tea bags around." Discussion of our legitimate complaints and concerns is avoided through the use of derogatory and condescending rhetoric. We've heard similar rhetoric from the Speaker Nancy Pelosi who says the tea parties are an "Astroturf initiative," and "contrived events backed by those who like tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans." Rep. Jan Schakowsky (IL), called people who attended the Tea Parties "despicable" and "shameful," said they represent "corporate interests" and said the events were created only by "Republican lobbyists and politicians." At every level, the majority of politicians refuse to discuss the issues head on, and refuse to acknowledge the fact that a huge, non-partisan, grassroots movement has coalesced around limited government, fiscal responsibility and lower taxes. As politicians, they are simply interested in taking and spending more and more of our money, and in leaving our children with the burdens of their excess. And they mock, deride and oppose anyone who objects to what they are doing.

At this time, the President, and all other politicians who demeaned the tea party protesters, Speaker Pelosi (CA), and Rep. Schakowsky (IL) included, owe 1.2 million patriots an apology. If our politicians are truly interested in dialogue with the people they claim to represent, such a dialogue must begin with respect for the citizens of this country. That show of respect will begin when the politicians acknowledge that mocking and demeaning well-intentioned, peaceful patriots who love their country is the height of arrogance, and a terrible mistake. The American people deserve better from their elected representatives, and are beginning to demand it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    That still doesn't make him anywhere near a dictator. That was really a stretch. I'll take Bush any day over the real dictators in a lot of other countries.
    I agree completely. I got from the OP that she wasn't saying Bush was a dictator but that he's as close to a dictator as this country has had since we started determining our own method of government.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahet View Post
    I agree completely. I got from the OP that she wasn't saying Bush was a dictator but that he's as close to a dictator as this country has had since we started determining our own method of government.
    I still don't see how that can be said. He didn't act anything like that. I didn't see that at all. Talk about exxagerating Bush wasn't anything like that.

Thanks
    He didn't care about the Constitution. He didn't care about breaking the law (wiretapping). He didn't care about anything but what he wanted, when he wanted it. He bowled over people's rights to get what he wanted. That's not a total dictator but it's not a good example of democracy either.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bahet For This Useful Post:

ElleGee (05-03-2009), hesnothere (05-03-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,097 Times in 643 Posts
    I wonder how many thousands of lives were saved by doing the wiretapping, I'm sure it wasn't an easy decision but one caused by the circumanstances.

Thanks

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    Are you serious? You need to go look up what a dictator is if you think Bush was one. Or go look at the countries that have one now and have had dictators in the past. Bush wasn't anything that even resembles a dictator. I can't believe you even said this. You need to go live in one of the countries that really has a dictator and then I bet you'll change you're mind that Bush wasn't so bad at all.
    I'm as serious as a heart attack but I'm not gonna let you start a fight with me over it.
    You go to another country since your not happy with the way America is being run now............

a dwelling that closely resembles an igloo
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,904 Times in 1,592 Posts
    I don't think anyone could ever come closer to being a dictator than Bush!

he might have loved potatoes, and he might have been a dick, but he was not even close to being a Dicktater (dictator)
    2 days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to atprm For This Useful Post:

gmyers (05-03-2009)