Page 22 of 29 First ... 2181920212223242526 ... Last
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,093 Times in 843 Posts
    I understand Ynky. TN, I agree, the constitution does make us great. It is a unique set of rights and laws that set forth what this country is all about. But statements like hblue's about how we were great at one time are confusing. When were we great? I assume that we were great in the beginning. Have we been a great nation since 1800? Since 1900? Were the 1950s the last "great" era? Were we a great nation in 2000? When were we the greatest nation? How did we lose that status? If we are no longer the greatest nation, who is and why?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bahet For This Useful Post:

candygirl (04-20-2009), ElleGee (04-20-2009)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Time for a Tea Party

Thanks
    Thanked 1,097 Times in 643 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by YNKYH8R View Post
    See...no one can answer my question.

No one knows by what standard we measure the greatness of this country...nor what level of excellence we are trying to get back to.
    If you watched the tea party at the Alamo that Glenn Beck was hosting you would see what is still great about our country. We have many people who love this country and want to do their best to keep this country great.
    We want our politicians to start listening to us. What makes our country great is the people. Not the deadbeats but the people who set their alarm clocks to get up and do a hard days work. The people who don't mind paying taxes if they are fair. The people that stand up and want their voice to be heard. Go back through this thread and you will know what makes our country great. It's more than a few words can say, it's about the good people of our country.

Thanks
    Thanked 18,760 Times in 4,679 Posts
    He didn't ask WHAT made it great, he asked WHEN was it the 'great country' that some say we need to be again.
    <a href=http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c28/unsocialhippie/thwayne.jpg target=_blank>http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...ie/thwayne.jpg</a>

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ahippiechic For This Useful Post:

ElleGee (04-20-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,510 Times in 3,654 Posts
    The Janeane Garofalo of academia ? It’s one thing for Hollywood twit Janeane Garofalo to smear the Tea Party movement as RAAAAACIST. We can expect ignorant celebrities to be ignorant.

But when newspapers phone up “experts” in academia to provide commentary and analysis on social and political trends, it would be nice if they based their assessments on reality, wouldn’t it?

In the Christian Science Monitor today, one professor of emeritus plays the Janeane Garofalo of academia: http://www.csmonitor.com/2009/0418/p25s03-usgn.html

Jeffrey Kimball, a professor emeritus of history at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio, says the protesters seemed to represent the most extreme adherents of American conservatism, hardly representative of the average American.

“We may have just seen the whole movement” at these protests, says Mr. Kimball. “I don’t see it as a groundswell, but a manifestation by those people who form the core of … the extreme right reacting both to the condition of our time and President Obama – he’s black and he’s liberal.“
    Where’s my cluebat?

California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger booed at Sacramento Tea Party: White and Republican.

California GOP chairman Ron Nehring booed at Sacramento Tea Party: White and Republican.

Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman, Sens. Orrin Hatch, and Bob Bennett all booed at Salt Lake City Tea Party: White and Republican.

Rep. Gresham Barrett booed at Greenville SC Tea Party: White and Republican.

Reality doesn’t fit Hollywood’s narrative — or left-wing academia’s. Must be lovely to live life immunized from the truth.
    Laissez les bon temps rouler! Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.** a 4 day work week & sex slaves ~ I say Tyt for PRESIDENT! Not to be taken internally, literally or seriously ....Suki ebaynni IS THAT BETTER ?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jolie Rouge For This Useful Post:

galeane29 (04-20-2009), SurferGirl (04-20-2009)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by earl1655 View Post
    yes this is my 1st post,and i do appreciate the opportunity to post on here..
    having said that,i did click on your link,and im not one to believe anything coming from a right wing blog..
    and i don't believe everything from A left wing blog either..
    i do my own research,And i did see the cnn clip and yes,u could tell she is one who is frustrated by the clueless ideas of those who were involved..

most,if not all of the people who did participate in the tea party,are getting tax cuts..and they are singing that they don't want tax cuts,with the wrong choir..the choir of millionaires,sean hannity,rush,and others whom got tax cuts under gw bush..and now that their not getting one and they have to pay more taxes,they are brainwashing the dumb into going out into the streets,radioland,tvland,and just in general talking others and saying,they don't want a tax cut,while your fox friends got theirs and are upset that they won't be getting one under the new president..OH WELL...

but this cnn reporter was biased,but,i see bias all the time on fox..
    ALL THE TIME...
    so,where is the outrage about fox doing it??
    People expect it,and its no secret they are a republican tool....

as for the speeches..
    i go by the guy whom al sharpton had on his show in march who is a writer for president obama,and i forgot his name,and i will not quote Anyone anymore without a link,but,he is one of president obama speechwriters,and he said that all of the presidents major speeches are written by the president..

And he along with another speechwriter, only write short speeches if president obama requested it on outlining,the ceremony of a bill being signed by the president, government summits,press conferences,or major meetings,which is usually 2-4 paragraphs,if its that long.. and,he repeated that twice during the interview that this president writes his own speeches..

and,i would believe what he says more than anyone,for one fact is that this president was once the editor of the havard law review,and he knows his grammer,unlike me,and has an extensive vocabulary...
    Did you read the recent article about Al Sharpton?
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009...election-fine/
    Report: Rev. Al Sharpton Hit With $285G Election Fine
    The Rev. Al Sharpton and his National Action Network have been slapped with a record $285,000 fine for violating federal election rules during his 2004 bid for president, the New York Post has learned
    FOXNews.com

Sunday, April 19, 2009
    The Rev. Al Sharpton and his National Action Network have been slapped with a record $285,000 fine for violating a slew of federal election rules during his 2004 bid for president, the New York Post has learned.

In a decision to be made public next month, the Federal Election Commission found that Sharpton's Democratic primary campaign accepted hundreds of thousands of dollars in contributions from private sources.

It also "kept poor records of its activities and expenditures" and commingled funds with Sharpton's civil-rights group. All are prohibited under the Federal Election Campaign Act.

Earlier this month, Sharpton and former campaign manager Andrew Rivera signed an agreement with the FEC to pay the fine -- among the highest in the regulatory body's 34-year history.

"Sharpton 2004 materially misstated its receipts and disbursements, as well as cash on hand in 2004," says the April 8 FEC report, which followed an investigation of the Sharpton campaign's expenses.

The review followed a 2004 complaint to the FEC from the National Legal and Policy Center, a Virginia-based watchdog group.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ahippiechic View Post
    He didn't ask WHAT made it great, he asked WHEN was it the 'great country' that some say we need to be again.
    America is still a great country, we just have a congress and senate and executive branch that doesn't listen. This has been going on for a long time but the people still make this a great nation.

Thanks
    [QUOTE=Jolie Rouge;96148674]The Janeane Garofalo of academia ? It’s one thing for Hollywood twit Janeane Garofalo to smear the Tea Party movement as RAAAAACIST. We can expect ignorant celebrities to be ignorant. Quote]

This is getting pretty old, people using Obama's race as an excuse.
    The tea parties were about politicians that don't listen and much more than the current president. People are mad at congress and the senate and the current administration. We are tired of the tax and spend attitude and if people do actually get a $400 tax cut, we know that we will have to pay much more in hidden taxes. Just the Cap and Trade will cost the average family around $3000 a year.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,527 Times in 1,527 Posts
    Our founding fathers were all white old men. I guess some of those old geezers still have some good ideas and knew how to implement them. HAHAHAHAHAHA

13. The Following User Says Thank You to janelle For This Useful Post:

SurferGirl (04-21-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,926 Times in 860 Posts
    I believe our greatness started waning after the 1950's. Once the 1960's rolled around we started being a "bleeding heart" nation. Yes, I realize that FDR started the social programs during the depression as a way to get us out of it, but it has snowed balled since then and now it seems. Programs that were started as temporary have become permanent.

In today's world, it seems that what is good for the few is more important that what is good for the many. Today you cannot say anything without having to worry about being PIC.

It was starting in the 60's that our Constitutional Rights started being infringed upon. Today, so many of those Rights exist in writing only. It seems that everyone has forgotten that the Bill of Rights cannot be changed without radification, but those Rights are re-interpretated on a daily basis so that they are hardly recognizable anymore.
    It is the Right of the People to Alter or Abolish Government

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tngirl For This Useful Post:

anothersta (04-20-2009), gmyers (04-20-2009), jeanea33 (04-20-2009), YNKYH8R (04-20-2009)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tngirl View Post
    I believe our greatness started waning after the 1950's. Once the 1960's rolled around we started being a "bleeding heart" nation. Yes, I realize that FDR started the social programs during the depression as a way to get us out of it, but it has snowed balled since then and now it seems. Programs that were started as temporary have become permanent.

In today's world, it seems that what is good for the few is more important that what is good for the many. Today you cannot say anything without having to worry about being PIC.

It was starting in the 60's that our Constitutional Rights started being infringed upon. Today, so many of those Rights exist in writing only. It seems that everyone has forgotten that the Bill of Rights cannot be changed without radification, but those Rights are re-interpretated on a daily basis so that they are hardly recognizable anymore.
    Thank you...finally! Someone who can actually answer this question. (Thnk you BAhet I didn't forget you.)

So in your opinion 40+ years have gone by that have really brought this coutry down. I can see that. I was wondering if someone was going to say the 50's. We just came out of WW2 and the cold war was begining. So IMO not too many years maybe from '32 to '49...some great years.

I blame widestream media for most of this countries downfall...or fall from grace.

That and ignorance.

Nobody knows anything anymore....

Why can't we just be human fk'n beings?
    Looking for Sympathy? It's in the Dictionary between Sh!t and Syphilis.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to YNKYH8R For This Useful Post:

ElleGee (04-20-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,926 Times in 860 Posts
    I would agree with you on the point of the media being a lot to blame in part, especially television. They had these intelligent looking people up there broadcasting the news and the people assumed that they all knew what they were talking about and started to believe everything they heard. I mean really, this is the USA, those things happening in other countries could never happen here!! And if the media wasn't reporting it then surely it wasn't happening.

A lot of things started happening also with the UN about that time. That is why I picked the 60's as my starting point of our country going downhill. That decade is the time that the UN started obtaining some control of what our country could and could not do. If we didn't think the League of Nations was a good idea, why would we believe that the UN would be any better?
    It is the Right of the People to Alter or Abolish Government

19. The Following User Says Thank You to tngirl For This Useful Post:

jeanea33 (04-20-2009)