Page 2 of 29 First 12345622 ... Last

Thanks
    Thanked 1,097 Times in 643 Posts
    It would be really nice if we could have a few guests of honor at the tea parties but I think security might get a little bit upset.

I really hope that some politicians learn that people are upset over wasteful spending. I know we need better roads and bridges and more money in the defense budget (which I heard they plan on cutting) but some of the pork should really have to wait until that area can afford it themselves.

The other day Kerry was on the news talking about how the banking industry and Wall Street spend excessive amounts of money and I felt like screaming at the TV set that I get tired of politicians spending taxpayer money like it's nothing. I sure could use some of the money that I've had to pay in taxes and I'm sure all of you feel the same way. We have the scrimp and save and go without, especially in this economy and it hurts to see how they just waste it and fly around on their jets and on military planes.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Time for a Tea Party

a dwelling that closely resembles an igloo
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,904 Times in 1,592 Posts

Thumbs up Cincinnati Tea Party -- wish I was there for it.

Thousands Rally Downtown Against Government Spending

POSTED: 11:04 pm EDT March 15, 2009
    UPDATED: 12:53 pm EDT March 16, 2009

CINCINNATI -- Thousands of Tri-State residents gathered Sunday on Fountain Square in downtown Cincinnati to voice their opposition to government spending bills recently signed by President Barack Obama.

The group called itself the Cincinnati Tea Party, modeled after the Boston Tea Party of 1773.

Video: Cincinnati Tea Party

Many of the demonstrators carried signs with slogans that said, "Honk if I'm paying your mortgage" or "Stop spending my allowance." Some even wore tea bags on their hats to make their point.

Cincinnati police estimated the crowd at 4,000 people. Many who spoke with News 5 Sunday afternoon said they're angry, including Rep. Jean Schmidt.

"I bet there's 5,000 people here and they're mad, just as I'm mad. They have a right to be mad at the unbridled spending that's happening in Washington," said Schmidt.

Protesters argued that the government shouldn't be spending money it doesn't have and they fear taxes and deflation will follow.

"The money you have now will be worth half as much next year, if they keep spending this money. They've got to stop spending this money," said Mike Sparks.

Protestors signed a petition rejecting the stimulus package. Organizers said they planned to gather again on April 15 and march the petition to city hall.
    2 days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to atprm For This Useful Post:

SurferGirl (03-16-2009)

Thanks
    Today they showed that tea party on Fox News and commented that the other networks aren't covering them (wonder why).

Then I heard Obama speak out about A.I.G. and sure they shouldn't hand all that out to executives after getting bailout money.

On the other hand Obama shouldn't be partying at the white house after putting our country in debt by the trillions. If he wants guest over he should skip the high cost entertainment and serve something more appropriate for this economy.

I scream at my TV every time that I hear Obama say he inherited this bad economy. Him and his group ACORN had a big role in creating this mess.
    Along with many other democrats.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SurferGirl For This Useful Post:

anothersta (03-16-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,793 Times in 2,027 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SurferGirl View Post
    I scream at my TV every time that I hear Obama say he inherited this bad economy.
    There's medication for that you know......

j/k
    Mrs Pepperpot is a lady who always copes with the tricky situations that she finds herself in....

8. The Following User Says Thank You to pepperpot For This Useful Post:

DestinysGrandma (03-16-2009)

Thanks
    It's much more fun to yell at the TV and work on posters for the next tea party.

I can't stop the ignorance, I can only laugh at it.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,045 Times in 1,023 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pepperpot View Post
    There's medication for that you know......

j/k
    I scream at mine for other shows. LOL
    And i'm some good meds already. They don't work. LOL
    My "adopted" brother. Gone but not forgotten. 8/23/09

Thanks
    Thanked 5,510 Times in 3,654 Posts
    beyond parody....

Who’s the leader of the club
    That’s made for you and me
    B-A-R-A-C-K-O-B-A-M-A
    Hey! there, Hi! there, Ho! there
    You’re as welcome as can be
    B-A-R-A-C-K-O-B-A-M-A

Barack Obama!

Barack Obama!

Forever let us hold our banner
    High! High! High! High!

Come along and sing a song
    And join the jamboree!
    B-A-R-A-C-K-O-B-A-M-A

Barack Obama club
    We’ll have fun
    We’ll be new faces
    High! High! High! High!

We’ll do things and
    We’ll go places
    All around the world
    We’ll go marching

Who’s the leader of the club
    That’s made for you and me
    B-A-R-A-C-K-O-B-A-M-A
    Hey! there, Hi! there, Ho! there
    You’re as welcome as can be
    B-A-R-A-C-K-O-B-A-M-A

Barack Obama!

Barack Obama!

Forever let us hold our banner
    High! High! High! High!

Come along and sing a song
    And join the jamboree!
    B-A-R-A-C-K-O-B-A-M-A
    Obama-bots…activate! Form of…a “Pledge Project Canvass!”

Too funny. The Obama Message Machine doesn’t want the Tea Party movement showing them up. So, they’ve sent out a mass e-mail and YouTube video link urging their cultists to go out and gather pledge signatures to support the president’s economic plan. Yep, a top-down, “grass-roots movement” directed by the DNC/Team Obama “because we can’t leave this important debate up to a Washington establishment that doesn’t welcome change.”

Snort.

Well, this will really fire up the Obama-tic troops:

Zzzzzz. But don’t worry. If only 5 people show up, it’ll be front page news in the national fishwraps of record.

The e-mail:

Friend –

The current debate in Washington over President Obama’s budget has made one thing clear — ensuring our long-term prosperity won’t come without a fight.

Partisan voices and special interests are showing real resistance to President Obama’s call for making the necessary reforms and investments in energy, health care, and education. That’s why we need to bring the conversation back into homes and communities across America.

Last week, thousands of you pledged your support for the President’s economic plan and encouraged your friends and family to join you in a national display of support. Now I need you to take the next step.

This weekend, supporters like you are organizing Pledge Project Canvasses to talk to people in their communities about this plan and mobilize support in neighborhoods across the country.

Host or attend a Pledge Project Canvass in your neighborhood this weekend.

It’s absolutely crucial that Americans hear from you about this plan — we can’t leave this important debate up to a Washington establishment that doesn’t welcome change.

It’s up to you to show Washington that Americans are demanding this new direction and won’t stand on the sidelines while our country’s future is at stake.

On these canvasses, you’ll join fellow supporters in your community to:

Talk with people about the President’s plan
    Ask them to sign their names to the pledge
    Provide information on how to contact and urge their elected representatives to support the plan

Host or attend a canvass this weekend:

http://my.barackobama.com/pledgecanvass

Nothing is more powerful than having people hear from ordinary Americans about the vision President Obama has laid out for our country. Join us this weekend.

Thanks,

Mitch

Mitch Stewart
    Director
    Organizing for America

“Nothing is more powerful than having people hear from ordinary Americans about the vision President Obama has laid out for our country.”

Exactly.
    Laissez les bon temps rouler! Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.** a 4 day work week & sex slaves ~ I say Tyt for PRESIDENT! Not to be taken internally, literally or seriously ....Suki ebaynni IS THAT BETTER ?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,510 Times in 3,654 Posts
    Bias ? What bias ?

L.A. Times refused to report 15k Fullterton anti-tax protest,
    but features A.N.S.W.E.R.’s anti-AIG/anti-war events before they happen

This is why Old Media is dying. The Los Angeles Times today recycles press releases from left-wing A.N.S.W.E.R. announcing a protest of AIG this afternoon and an anti-war rally next weekend. The paper has no problem serving as advance publicity team for radical Left groups: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...g-protest.html

Demonstrators plan to rally outside the AIG building today in downtown Los Angeles to protest the giant insurer’s decision to pay $165 million in bonuses to key employees. American International Group Inc. recently received the first part of $180 billion in federal bailout funds.

“We’re going to be down there with whoever we can get,” said Ian Thompson of the Los Angeles chapter of the Act Now to Stop War and End Racism (A.N.S.W.E.R.) coalition. “We’re going to be expressing anger and outrage about the new bonuses that were announced, that will be given to the very same folks who helped cause the financial meltdown.”

The protest is scheduled to begin at 5 p.m. near the intersection of 8th and Figueroa streets. The group also will help lead an anti-war protest Saturday at noon to mark the sixth anniversary of the war in Iraq. A march is set to start near Hollywood Boulevard and Vine Street and continue to Hollywood Boulevard and Highland Avenue.
    Not a single body has shown up for these events yet. But it’s newsworthy to the LA Times.

On the other hand, if 15,000 people turn out to lambaste tax-and-spend politicians in both parties in Fullerton, CA, it’s not news.

It’s a “stunt.”

What media bias? Yeah, that media bias.
    Last edited by Jolie Rouge; 03-17-2009 at 09:38 AM. Reason: fix quote
    Laissez les bon temps rouler! Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.** a 4 day work week & sex slaves ~ I say Tyt for PRESIDENT! Not to be taken internally, literally or seriously ....Suki ebaynni IS THAT BETTER ?

Thanks
    here is a song for the tea parties

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2H8x...layer_embedded

we the people take our country back

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqoSa9JP5Zk

Thanks
    FoxNews has a new site called foxnation that is really great.

You'll love the Must see video.

http://www.thefoxnation.com/politics...-hot-new-video

a dwelling that closely resembles an igloo
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,904 Times in 1,592 Posts
    It was interesting to see that in front of the G20 meeting, the Brits were have a tea party of their own!
    2 days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.