Page 1 of 20 12345 ... Last
    Thanks

Angry I'm being charged w/assaulting an officer! Need suggestions please

Just thought I would do a bit of updating since I was thinking about all this today.

Well, after many, many conversations with the boss of the cop & others they have basically dropped ALL charges or should I say I was NEVER charged with ANYTHING since he couldn't prove that I did anything wrong. I never got a lawyer and didn't ever need one as I knew I didn't do anything that wrong to make the cop flip put on me the way he did.
    Last edited by DezaRay24; 04-24-2009 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Update

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement I'm being charged w/assaulting an officer! Need suggestions please

Thanks
    Wow I cannot believe all this. I really don't have any suggestions for you. It seems like you know what you need to do. Definitely get the bank surveillance and try to get the recordings from dispatch.

Some people are just crazy...doesn't matter what they wear. Good luck to you.
    My furbabies were born on 3.30.09

I married the love of my life on 11.19.09

Thanks
    Thanked 18,760 Times in 4,679 Posts
    Arguing with a cop usually doesn't go well. You should have been polite and gave him your DL when he asked the 1st time. Time enough to beyotch about it later.
    <a href=http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c28/unsocialhippie/thwayne.jpg target=_blank>http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...ie/thwayne.jpg</a>

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ahippiechic For This Useful Post:

April78945 (01-22-2009), CLARKS4 (01-22-2009), Kelsey1224 (01-23-2009), Wimzik (01-23-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,139 Times in 654 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ahippiechic View Post
    Arguing with a cop usually doesn't go well. You should have been polite and gave him your DL when he asked the 1st time. Time enough to beyotch about it later.
    I have to agree here. I meam he does sound like a real jerk but you never get anywhere arguing with a cop and not doing what they ask. Sorry, hope it all works out for you.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,516 Times in 1,545 Posts
    I have no advice but chances are I think he won't show up to court and the charges will be dropped.. My sister got arrested for telling an officer something not nice, waaaaaayyyy worse than "kiss mine' and the d!ck never showed up to court..

I hate officers who think they are earths gift.. There are officers who don't have that superiority complex but it's starting to become rare.. So many of those in Providence

UGH I am getting pissed just thinking about it.

Sorry that happened.. Hopefully karma will smack his mightier than thou a$$
    http://www.bigbigforums.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=74815&dateline=122291  4765

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ahippiechic View Post
    See but my point is he didn't need i didn't do anything wrong that would warrent him needing my ID. Also after he made a comment like writing my info down & keepin an eye out for me I was Hell-o no your not getting it!

Little Mrs Perfect *stand back I have a stone* Your house is made of glass
    Thanks
    He made that comment after you didnt show him it and how does he know you didnt have warrents. I have to agree with Hippie arguing with a cop gets you now where you are lucky you didnt get tasered or maced for resisting when he tried to take your keys. I know you said you were wrong in saying Kiss mine but you made it into the bank you couldve said it after you drove away.
    Never Take Life Too Serious NONE of Us Are Getting Out Alive !!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to evrita For This Useful Post:

April78945 (01-22-2009)

Thanks
    Honestly, I don't believe there was any good reason for you not to have cooperated with him. I see that you both thought you were right, and that you both thought that you had good reason for the way things happened. Yeah, it sounds like he was a jerk, but look at the line of work he is in also. I know there are cops out there who abuse their power, but for the most part, they are just doing their job. We might not like the way they do their job, heck they might not like the way they do their job, but keep in mind, that some people are not honest and nice, and they have to take that into account in the way they handle things also.
    Gene Police: You!! Out Of The Pool!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IthinkNOT! For This Useful Post:

April78945 (01-22-2009), myspirit (04-25-2009), pepperpot (01-23-2009)

Thanks
    To avoid a huge mess you should have presented him the DL the first time. Did he mention watching you before asking to see your DL the first time?

Now, you get to pay court costs and fines...If the charges aren't dropped (which I'm sure they won't be) you get assaulting an officer on your record.
    Don't worry about what people think. They don't do it very often.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bliss For This Useful Post:

April78945 (01-22-2009)

I can't stop the ignorance, I can only laugh at it.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,045 Times in 1,023 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by evrita View Post
    He made that comment after you didnt show him it and how does he know you didnt have warrents. I have to agree with Hippie arguing with a cop gets you now where you are lucky you didnt get tasered or maced for resisting when he tried to take your keys. I know you said you were wrong in saying Kiss mine but you made it into the bank you couldve said it after you drove away.
    Quote Originally Posted by IthinkNOT! View Post
    Honestly, I don't believe there was any good reason for you not to have cooperated with him. I see that you both thought you were right, and that you both thought that you had good reason for the way things happened. Yeah, it sounds like he was a jerk, but look at the line of work he is in also. I know there are cops out there who abuse their power, but for the most part, they are just doing their job. We might not like the way they do their job, heck they might not like the way they do their job, but keep in mind, that some people are not honest and nice, and they have to take that into account in the way they handle things also.
    I agree. There is a time to be cocky. But It aint with a cop. If you think your big and bad fine. But they have the badge. I agree also there are cops who take advantage of the fact they have badges. But smarting off to him because he wouldn't move his car wasn't smart to begin with. I agree He sounds like he behaved badly as well, but he has no idea about you either. JMO
    My "adopted" brother. Gone but not forgotten. 8/23/09

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to whatever For This Useful Post:

April78945 (01-22-2009), baragabrat (01-22-2009), pepperpot (01-23-2009)

Thanks
    If you lived here, you probably would have went to jail after the other cop arrived.

I hope things work out for you and you both can come to some kind of agreement.
    Wash your hands and say your prayers
    Because germs and Jesus are everywhere!