Page 2 of 5 First 12345 Last
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,527 Times in 1,527 Posts
    Saddam and his psycho sons were the biggest gang on the world's block.

Ask the person who wrote the email how it relates. I guess they are equating how many bodies we have in our street and how many troops we lose in a war----not as many.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to janelle For This Useful Post:

jbbarn (09-24-2008)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Chicago War Zone

Thanks
    Thanked 6,134 Times in 2,920 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janelle View Post
    The fact is that part of Chicago has the highest crime rate in the country. They threw mega amount of money at it and still it has done no good. DUH

Throwing money at problems is the only thing Obama understands.
    Actually it's Detroit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_..._by_crime_rate
    “Your body is not a temple, it’s an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.” Anthony Bourdain

Thanks
    Saddam and his psycho sons were the biggest gang on the world's block.

Ask the person who wrote the email how it relates. I guess they are equating how many bodies we have in our street and how many troops we lose in a war----not as many.
    Yeah whoever wrote it made a bad analogy. They can't compare thugs and hardened criminals body counts to that of our soldiers.
    “Your body is not a temple, it’s an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.” Anthony Bourdain

Thanks
    It's a good analogy since so many complain how many troops are being killed in the war. We have a bigger war right here at home and more people being killed right here.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to janelle For This Useful Post:

jbbarn (09-24-2008)

Thanks
    Unfortunately it's our own citizens killing each other over greed and such. In a war at least there is a cause to fight for regardless if we agree with the war or not.
    There are so many cities that have those same numbers run by both Dems and Republicans.

a dwelling that closely resembles an igloo
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,904 Times in 1,592 Posts
    while I am not condoning it, Desperation with the highest unemployment rate nationwide (trophy for 2 years running now)... much of the crime in Detroit stems directly from that!

from stealing copper wiring out of central air conditioners to stealing tires, mufflers and catalitic converters off cars to murder and theft...

strip enough people of dignity and $ to feed their families and they will steal!
    2 days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

Thanks
    They can apply for welfare. A lot of people get on drugs and have to support their habit.

a dwelling that closely resembles an igloo
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,904 Times in 1,592 Posts
    They can apply for welfare.
    that's the way it is supposed to work... but... that's broken.

if you get more than 30 hours a week, you make too much to qualify for welfare. If you earn more than $7.25 an hour you make too much for welfare (and in this state, our minimum wage is $7.40 an hour).

the wages went up, but the rules for qualification for welfare, food stamps or medicaid remained the same as it did when minimum wage was $5.25 an hour.
    2 days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

Thanks
    Thanked 18,760 Times in 4,679 Posts
    Ok, anyone want to do those same stats for Phoenix, AZ. We are 21 in murdrer rate, Chi is 20. The murder rate is just slightly under Chi's. Our property crime rate is worse than Chi's. In fact, Theft, arson etc rates are higher in Phx than they are in Chi. Who are you going to blame for that?
    Last edited by ahippiechic; 09-25-2008 at 08:31 AM.
    <a href=http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c28/unsocialhippie/thwayne.jpg target=_blank>http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...ie/thwayne.jpg</a>

I can't stop the ignorance, I can only laugh at it.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,045 Times in 1,023 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ahippiechic View Post
    Ok, anyone want to do those same stats for Phoenix, AZ. We are 21 in murdrer rate, Chi is 20. The murder rate is just slightly under Chi's. Our property crime rate is worse than Chi's. In fact, Theft, arson etc rates are higher in Phx than they are in Chi. Who are you going to blame for that?
    Well whoever is the gov. mayor etc of your state. I think Janelle's point was ( as I took it to mean) Is obama thinks he can just pull the troops out of Iraq.
    And most of us would love to see that. IMO I don't feel they should be there, At least after they got Saddam. However you cannot just pull out ALL the troops and expect safety here in AMERICA. When there is so many problems in his own state (IE: crime) that he has not focused on. You Have to start at home as well as whats around us. IMO
    My "adopted" brother. Gone but not forgotten. 8/23/09

Thanks
    Thanked 18,760 Times in 4,679 Posts
    Then someone needs to tell McCain that he needs to start at home also. He is our Senator just as Obama is for Chi. What's the difference? If Obama can be blamed for the crime in Chi, why can't we blame McCain for the crime here in Phx, which is as bad (and in some areas, worse)?

The OP boesn't blame the Gov, mayor etc, but when it's McCain's state, we should blame them and not him? How is that right?
    Last edited by ahippiechic; 09-25-2008 at 09:08 AM.
    <a href=http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c28/unsocialhippie/thwayne.jpg target=_blank>http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...ie/thwayne.jpg</a>

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ahippiechic For This Useful Post:

speedygirl (09-25-2008)