Thanks

Letter to Kerry from SGT in the Marines

Letter to Kerry from SGT in the Marines

Yesterday John Kerry said, "You know education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework, and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well, and if you don't, you get stuck in Iraq" So I wrote him a letter:

I am a Sergeant in the United States Marine Corps. I am currently
    on my second tour in Iraq, a tour in which I volunteered for. I speak Arabic and Spanish and I plan to tackle Persian Farsi soon. I have
    a Bachelors and an Associates Degree and between deployments I am pursuing an M.B.A. In college I was a member of several academic and honor societies, including the Golden Key Honor Society. I am not unique among the enlisted troops. Many of my enlisted colleagues include lawyers, teachers, mechanics, engineers, musicians and artists just to name a few. You say that your comments were directed towards the President and not us. If we were stupid Senator Kerry, we might have believed you. I am not a victim of President Bush. I proudly serve him because he is my Commander and Chief. If it was you who was President, I would serve you just as faithfully. I serve America Senator Kerry, and I am also providing a service to the good people of Iraq. I have not terrorized them in the middle of the night, raped them or murdered them as you have accused me of before. I am doing my part to help them rebuild. My role is a simple one, but important. You see SenatorKerry, like it or not, we came here and removed a tyrant (who terrorized Iraqis in the middle of the night, and raped them and murdered them). And we have a responsibility to see to it that another one doesn't take his place. The people of Iraq are recovering from an abusive relationship with a terrible government and it'sgoing to take some time to help them recover from that. We can't treat this conflict like a microwave dinner and throw a tempertantrum because we feel like it's taking too long. Senator Kerry, you don't have to agree with this war. You don't
    have to say nice things about those of us who choose to make sacrifices for the rights of every American rather than sit back and simply
    feel entitled to it. But please Senator Kerry, if you're going to call
    mea stupid murdering rapist, stick by what you say. Don't tell me that
    I misunderstood or that you would never insult a veteran because you're one too. Having been there and done that does not give you a free pass to insult me.
    My suggestion for you, Senator Kerry, is to remember that your speeches are recorded, and broadcast to us simpletons over here.
    You may want to write down what you want to say before you say it,
    maybe have somebody look at it before you say it and tell you what others might hear. Remember that we can't read your mind, if there are any misinterpretations in what you say, it's because you didn't communicate clearly.
    Good luck to you Senator Kerry, if nothing else it's always entertaining to watch you try and climb out of the holes that you constantly dig for yourself.
    Sincerely,
    Somebody who is watching his daughter grow up in photographs so
    that you can have the right to say whatever you want about him.
    www.sgtchristophergolby.com
    Proud Mom of a Fallen Soldier killed in Iraq Jan 8, 2004.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Letter to Kerry from SGT in the Marines

Thanks
    Thanked 3,514 Times in 1,965 Posts

Re: Letter to Kerry from SGT in the Marines

Very well said and in a gentlemanly manner too. Just shows who really is the better man. He could have got mad and ranted and raved but he didn't.

Thanks

didn't he say something to the effect that he didn't mean for his "quote" to sound like that. If so why are people still harping on him. A lot of politicians mess up like that and have their words twisted...

"it's because you didn't communicate clearly." yes that is true very true... so why harp? he made a mistake, not of the he shouldn't have said it way, but of HE REALLY DIDN"T MEAN TO SAY IT.. lets move on already GEESH
    Last edited by msginna; 11-07-2006 at 03:56 PM.

Thanks

And they get harped on, too. Harping for opening your mouth as a politician knows no political party boundaries

He meant to say it. That's evident in the "apology(snort, yeah, right)" he finally stated. A TRUE man who makes a mistake says "I'm sorry, I did not mean that the way it sounded" Instead all he said was "I'm sorry it was misinterpreted" and the ONLY reason he said that was because even people in his OWN political party were calling for some type of apology.

Quote Originally Posted by msginna
    A lot of politicians mess up like that and have their words twisted...
    but of HE REALLY DIDN"T MEAN TO SAY IT..
    Last edited by killbarney; 11-07-2006 at 06:33 PM.
    Anger management courses at Walmart, you get what you pay for

Thanks
    Thanked 5,510 Times in 3,654 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by msginna
    didn't he say something to the effect that he didn't mean for his "quote" to sound like that. If so why are people still harping on him. A lot of politicians mess up like that and have their words twisted...

"it's because you didn't communicate clearly." yes that is true very true... so why harp? he made a mistake, not of the he shouldn't have said it way, but of HE REALLY DIDN"T MEAN TO SAY IT.. lets move on already GEESH
    But hasn't the MSM and the Dems been harping on Allen-R for calling a guy "Maraca" - even when they couldn't deceide if it was an insult or what ( a monkey, a town in South Africa or a vegetable served on holidays ... )

And I am sorry, but Kerry has spent the last 30 years "communicating" his views on the military and his "botched joke" was pretty much in line with what he has been saying privately and publicly for decades ...
    Laissez les bon temps rouler! Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.** a 4 day work week & sex slaves ~ I say Tyt for PRESIDENT! Not to be taken internally, literally or seriously ....Suki ebaynni IS THAT BETTER ?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,527 Times in 1,527 Posts

I was just coming here to post this letter. Guess it is going around the net like wildfire.

Yes, Kerry got away with saying these things about our vets from Vietnam Nam but this is a different time and war. We support our troops this time and well we should. Kerry just got a lesson in that and it was pushed up his nose when he mouthed off again.

He is so used to downing our military he just got caught up in his own bias. No mistake, he could not say it the way it was written cause he does not believe in the military in the first place.

Thanks

ok ya all are right so lets load up the guns and fight fight fight (ie sling mud also) ...if it makes ya feel better lol

I guess I just don't get it... and I also didn't get the macaca thing too... why keep that in the news too? I heard someone say that actions speak louder then words and that is what I think..
    Last edited by msginna; 11-07-2006 at 04:59 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,527 Times in 1,527 Posts

His statement must have created quite an impact!!

LETTER WRITTEN BY A MARINE SERGEANT TO JOHN KERRY.

{This was written by my husband, Aaron, who is currently deployed to Iraq, in defense of a recent comment made by Senator John Kerry. Pass it along, it might inspire someone else to speak up! **

Yesterday John Kerry said, "You know education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework, and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well, and if you don’t, you get stuck in Iraq”

So I wrote him a letter:

I am a Sergeant in the United States Marine Corps. I am currently on my second tour in Iraq, a tour in which I volunteered for. I speak Arabic and Spanish and I plan to tackle Persian Farsi soon. I have a Bachelors and an Associates Degree and between deployments I am pursuing an M.B.A. In college I was a member of several academic honor societies, including the Golden Key Honor Society. I am not unique among the enlisted troops. Many of my enlisted colleagues include lawyers, teachers, mechanics, engineers, musicians and artists just to name a few. You say that your comments were directed towards the President and not us. If we were stupid Senator Kerry, we might have believed you.

I am not a victim of President Bush.
    I proudly serve him because he is my Commander and Chief. If it was you who was President, I would serve you just as faithfully.

I serve America Senator Kerry, and I am also providing a service to the
    good people of Iraq. I have not terrorized them in the middle of the night,
    raped them or murdered them as you have accused me of before.

I am doing my part to help them rebuild. My role is a simple one, but
    important. You see Senator Kerry, like it or not, we came here and removed a
    tyrant (who terrorized Iraqis in the middle of the night, and raped them and
    murdered them).

And we have a responsibility to see to it that another one doesn’t take
    his place. The people of Iraq are recovering from an abusive relationship
    with a terrible government and it’s going to take some time to help them
    recover from that. We can’t treat this conflict like a microwave dinner and
    throw a temper tantrum because we feel like it’s taking too long.

Senator Kerry, you don’t have to agree with this war. You don’t have to say
    nice things about those of us who choose to make sacrifices for the rights
    of every American rather than sit back and simply feel entitled to it. But
    please Senator Kerry, if you’re going to call me a stupid murdering rapist,
    stick by what you say.

Don’t tell me that I misunderstood or that you would never insult a
    veteran because you’re one too. Having been there and done that does not
    give you a free pass to insult me.

My suggestion for you, Senator Kerry, is to remember that your speeches are
    recorded, and broadcast to us simpletons over here. You may want to write
    down what you want to say before you say it, maybe have somebody look at it before you say it and tell you what others might hear. Remember that we can't read your mind, if there are any misinterpretations in what you say, it’s
    because you didn’t communicate clearly.

Good luck to you Senator Kerry, if nothing else it’s always entertaining to
    watch you try and climb out of the holes that you constantly dig for
    yourself.

Sincerely,
    Somebody who is watching his daughter grow up in photographs so that you can have the right to say whatever you want about him.

Thanks

I don't like bush at all but what kerry said was wrong and just really stupid and I think it was a good letter.

Thanks

Very well said! My DH is in Iraq for a year and he has to watch his newborn Daughter grow up in pictures too. I'm very proud of my Soldier and I stand by him and his fellow soldiers 100%!