Page 8 of 8 First ... 45678
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,510 Times in 3,654 Posts
    Patrick Stewart Supports Christian Bakers in "Gay Cake" Court Case
    The Hollywood Reporter - 8 hrs ago

Patrick Stewart was talking about human rights Thursday on BBC's Newsnight, when he made an interesting revelation.

The journalist asked him to weigh in on a case where the Irish owners of a bakery refused to bake a cake that said "Support Gay Marriage" on it, with a picture of Sesame Street's Bert and Ernie. They were found guilty of discrimination and fined about $760.

"I found myself on the side of the bakers," said Stewart.

"It was not because this was a gay couple that they objected, it was not because they were going to be celebrating some sort of marriage or an agreement between them," the actor continued. "It was the actual words on the cake they objected to. Because they find the words offensive."

He added, "I would support their rights to say no, this is personally offensive to my beliefs, I will not do it."

The MacArthur family, who owns Ashers Bakery in Northern Ireland, are appealing the guilty verdict.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news...woodReporter11
    Laissez les bon temps rouler! Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.** a 4 day work week & sex slaves ~ I say Tyt for PRESIDENT! Not to be taken internally, literally or seriously ....Suki ebaynni IS THAT BETTER ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Free Speech - unless we don't agree with you ...

Thanks
    Victor RamosyBonavita : ‎Spout off the soap box

Recently I had a brief membership to 'Liberals vs. Conservatives.' I was shocked at the vitriol expressed by Liberals there towards Conservatives, and Moderates. I left after a few hours.

But it started me thinking about why a person would be that angry towards Conservatism. It takes a special kind of hate to engage in the type of behavior I witnessed on that site. But i realized this morning what drives Liberals to such anger.

The very existence of God fearing people or folks with values incense Liberals because they live in a constant state of resentment and bitterness. Now I'm just speaking of the Liberals who are always seething about one perceived injustice or another. They truly think we are trying to condemn them, simply by displaying our faith, being kind or even openly being happy.

That drives them nuts. Basically the hatred is a symptom of something deeper, and more insidious. They have a great big hole in their hearts that will never be filled. The thrive on tumul, or adversity. They want to see everything burn because they have no happiness in their hearts.

Some would say God could fill that hole. But i have know happy well balanced Atheists as well. Its a condition of the soul that the unhappy suffer, and Liberalism appeals to the sad, the broken and the bitter.

And the Press loves the most deviant behavior because they know we can;t look away from a train wreck. Plus, the Press is overwhelmingly dominated by those who are the most committed Marxists who would like nothing more than to lower our standards and eliminate all value judgements.

Thats why we are seeing more and more rioting and extreme acts on the news. The Press wants us all to think that the tiny minority of extreme Liberals reflect public sentiment; which they most certainly don't.

This reminds me of another time: The 60s. After the Love/Peace movement was infiltrated by more violent factions the population at large rejected the movement altogether and elected a Law and Order President. Overnight the populace shifted so far Right that the Liberals were silenced, for a time.

So all of this anger at the system you see on the nightly news is a precursor to a huge snap Right we will see as the silent majority, probably brought about by some National event.

And it won't be pretty.

And then all of the Charter members of 'Liberals vs. Conservatives' can complain about an entire Nation that has turned its back on the infinitesimal LGBT Community, 'Black Lives Matter' Political Correctness, Fairness, Income Redistribution, Obamacare and all of those anti business regulations that have chocked off economic growth for the last few years.
    Laissez les bon temps rouler! Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.** a 4 day work week & sex slaves ~ I say Tyt for PRESIDENT! Not to be taken internally, literally or seriously ....Suki ebaynni IS THAT BETTER ?

Thanks
    Liberal Hypocrisy on Obeying the Law PERFECTLY Exposed
    By Brittany Soares

Ohio Watchdog.org points out the double standard between sanctuary cities and gay marriage:

Toledo Municipal Court Judge C. Allen McConnell refused to perform a gay marriage ceremony this week and the reactions to his decision raise questions of a double standard when it comes to obeying federal laws.

Saying gay marriage conflicted with his personal and religious beliefs, he declined to officiate during his rotation as the duty judge. The duty judge is responsible for handling miscellaneous functions, such as marriages, and walk-in defendants whose cases are not already assigned to a judge.

Another judge performed the ceremony.

In a brief statement, McConnell apologized for the 45-minute delay the couple experienced and said he was seeking an advisory opinion which he will honor.

Thursday, judges in the court decided the presiding judge, or acting presiding judge, would perform all marriages.

McConnell’s refusal to perform a same-sex marriage earned him scorn from groups like the American Civil Liberties Union, which blasted the judge for refusing to comply with the recent Supreme Court ruling in Obergefell v. Hodges.

But some observers say the ACLU is applying a double-standard, since the organization has called for local officials to ignore other federal laws, like those regarding immigration.

McConnell, a Democrat who is also a senior elder at his church, said he was exercising his religious freedom. That wasn’t appropriate, according to the ACLU of Ohio which asked the Ohio Supreme Court to instruct judges in all 88 Ohio counties to “comply with their constitutionally required responsibilities.”

“Public servants like Judge McConnell have an obligation to families who wish to marry in their courtrooms, regardless of gender or sexual orientation,” said Mike Brickner, ACLU of Ohio senior policy director, in a press release. “While we respect that judges have deeply held personal and religious beliefs, they should not interfere with the oath they took to uphold our Constitution.”

Steve Silvi, founder of Ohio Jobs & Justice PAC, a non-partisan civil rights educational organization, thinks the ACLU is being contradictory by calling for a judge to abide by the Supreme Court ruling while simultaneously telling local officials to become a sanctuary city and ignore immigration laws.

“They pick and choose not what’s constitutional, but what conforms to their own agenda,” he said. “The ACLU is being very inconsistent and disingenuous. To me, it’s fairly clear. The ACLU has done some good in the past, but I think they’ve gone off track recently.”

A sanctuary city is a place where illegal immigration is protected, usually by prohibiting the use of local funds to enforce federal immigration laws. In most sanctuary cities, police do not check for immigrant status when they come into contact with an individual, so federal requests of local law enforcement to hold people who are in the country illegally are not honored.

Such is the case in a July 1 murder in San Francisco, a sanctuary city for 26 years. The accused killer, who was in the country illegally, is a “convicted felon from Mexico who had been deported five or more times,” the Daily Signal reports.

The ACLU is on the record opposing the arrest of individuals in the country illegally, especially when they show up at a court to handle such tasks as paying a traffic ticket or getting married.
    http://watchdog.org/228442/gay-marriage-sanctuary/

Thanks

Thanks
    ICYMI: College students have become so fragile that SIDEWALK CHALK now scares them!?!

'Trump 2016' in sidewalk chalk traumatizes Emory students

Finding "Trump 2016" written in chalk on campus sidewalks, students demanded that Emory University send out a campus email decrying support for The Donald.

http://twitchy.com/2016/03/22/more-t...o-be-reviewed/

Bill Maher to Liberal, Emory Students: ‘I Want to Dropkick These Kids’…

Steven Crowder ~ Saturday March 26 2016

It was nice to see the Nightly Show skewer those obnoxious Emory students who needed a ‘safe space’ because someone wrote the word “Trump” in chalk. However, when it comes the mocking PC culture, Bill Maher is still our spirit animal.

Maher rolled his eyes about how students went “apeshit,” read off their actual quotes, and said, “I so badly want to dropkick these kids into a place where there is actual pain and suffering. What happened in this country?!”

Reihan Salam said this is the direct result of how parenting changed in the 80s. Maher agreed, adding that “everything seems to take a backseat to their feelings… democracy they don’t give a shit about, free speech doesn’t matter.”

Salam said, “It’s not gonna survive contact with reality.”
    One of his guests tried to say that he was over-generalizing and this was just an extreme example at one college. Maher subsequently pointed out that this is so common at colleges across the country, he has to address it all the time. Allow us to provide you with a brief refresher course with a few examples.

http://louderwithcrowder.com/bill-ma...#ixzz442TPsTUz

Thanks
    Also, for reference, here’s a video I produced in which students display their lack of understanding and/or complete disdain for the First Amendment.

A quick search of “campus” in the search bar above will reveal more stories I’ve covered than you could possibly read in a month’s time. This is an instance, where Bill Maher is right. The leftist fascism taking place on American campus’ is not an exception to the rule, it now is the rule.

Universities across the countries have replaced freedom of speech and challenging critiques with “safe spaces” and ideological conformity. The truth is that in 2016, you could very possibly leave an American university dumber than when you went it. Chew on that for a moment.

http://louderwithcrowder.com/bill-ma...#ixzz442U6VfAM

Thanks