Thanks

Talking Party Games for Pre-Teen Boys

Help!!! My ten year old is having his birthday party this weekend and we are at a loss for games. It's going to be raining so it's going to be inside. We are expecting about 20 boys so would like nothing too rough.

If you can help me let me know!

Thanks,
    Kris

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Party Games for Pre-Teen Boys

Thanks

Re: Party Games for Pre-Teen Boys

You are a very brave mom! My son is 11 and it is my experience that boys in general do not like group games too much. Last years birthday party we went to a hotel with a waterpark and ate pizza and then he had 3 boys stay over at the hotel with us. The year before we did rollerblading at a skating rink where they also have video games. And I realized that the video games were the big hit, not the rollerblading. And the year before that we did McDonalds Play Place. Hopefully you have better luck then me keeping them busy. Boys seem to get bored quite easily. I would like to know if any other moms out there have any ideas.... I would be interested too! Good luck!

Thanks

My boys are practically grown now, but I would not have tried to games with them for all the money in the world.....Do you have a VCR or DVD player? Why not go to blockbuster? (probably a coupon somewhere online for them). Get some of their fav movies, have a pizza or two & a lot of popcorn & soda. And for the "cake" I would definately spring for an ice cream cake. They are so good, & hey, they are only 10 once. Cherish this time, he will be grown before you know it.
    I'm a Baha'i,ask me why.

Thanks

I also just read this:
    Another very popular pre-adolescent party theme is an Asian-style party. At this party, the central theme would definitely be food – Asian food. Buy some chopsticks and invite a local Asian restaurateur to provide a quick demonstration for the kids. "As a party favor, [give] chopsticks tied with a ribbon that has the name of the child on it," "Make the tag on your computer, and it would be a memorable gift."
    I'm a Baha'i,ask me why.

Thanks

What does your son like? You could have a video game tournament..if you have mario kart. Let us know some ideas on what he likes!

Thanks

This one worked with my son...wrap one of those large giant size chocolate bars in several layers of everything, newspaper, foil, gift wrap, plastic, etc. A LOT of layers. get a pair of mittens (The thicker the better, I use snowmobile mittens), some tongs, a STURDY pie tin and a die. This will make a mess, the tongs will be destroyed, but this is how you play:
    sit in a circle. Put the wrapped up chocolate bar, tongs and mittens in the middle. Hand the pie tin with the die in it to the B-day boy to start the game. roll a six and you get to put on the mittens, grab the tongs and have at the "gift". If you don't roll a 6 the tin gets past around the circle to continue to try and roll a six. First one to take a bite out of the chocolate bar gets a brand new giant bar. All the rest get a normal size bar.
    Warning: this can get wild!
    just me

Thanks

Gosh, are you sure you don't want to take them bowling?

How about make your own pizza (english muffin base, etc), make your own ice cream sundae, put the toppings on their own cupcake.

Crafts are nice. If you go to a boyscout store-they have crafts.

Games? Maybe pass the potato under the chin to the next person, can you still do musical chairs or will that get them too wild. Freezedance? (I know they're boys not girls LOL) Pin the nose on SuperMario? -little gifts to make them do the little games.

Good Luck!
    married 28 years, proud mom of 3, work fulltime, taxi mom!

Thanks

Let us know how it went!!!! (and what you decided to do, there are a lot of moms out here that would like to know!)
    just me

Thanks
    Thanked 1,012 Times in 556 Posts

I'm taking my son to a birthday party tomorrow. He's excited because a girl from 6th grade invited him and he's in 5th grade so he thought that was kind of cool. On the invitation it said in consideration of the games they will be playing an extra set of clothing and gloves is needed. I wonder what kind of games they will be. LOL

Thanks
    Thanked 3,164 Times in 1,221 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Patchouli
    I'm taking my son to a birthday party tomorrow. He's excited because a girl from 6th grade invited him and he's in 5th grade so he thought that was kind of cool. On the invitation it said in consideration of the games they will be playing an extra set of clothing and gloves is needed. I wonder what kind of games they will be. LOL
    Go Brian Go!!! Being invited by a 6th grader makes him sooo cool.
    The more you complain, the longer God makes you live.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,012 Times in 556 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeMary
    Go Brian Go!!! Being invited by a 6th grader makes him sooo cool.

He thought it was a big deal. LOL