Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thanks

Re: ISO Show & Tell Ideas for "Q"

Quote Originally Posted by catdance
    I did this with my niece and this was great, we used the word "QUICK", and showed a PB&J, and then she made them for the class, it really wasn't too QUICK, but the idea for her was "MAMA'S QUICK lunch/snack..so a 1/2 loaf of bread, and PB and Jelly brought in a plastic knife and her way of doing it, and then the teacher cut the sandwiches into 4 squares each and it was a great time had by all...if I suggest one thing, just PB sandwiches is enough, QUICK wasn't the greatest word for this idea, she wasn't QUICK, but the idea and the "snack" superceeded the whole idea..soo the show and tell in this case had a word to be used in an idea..and realy it was a great one as the next week they carried it over and got all the kids to try how "QUICK" they were to make those sandwiches which got alot of parents, outta having to "anty up for the snack" that day..which leads me to this, this got a hands-on participation thing going..which was good, now every month I go for the continuance of this idea..we have done way other things as well, using the word to present adjectives and verbs..very fun..
    Just my 2 cents..

Bet the kidlets were "quick" when it came to eating them though!!! LOL

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ISO Show & Tell Ideas for "Q"

Thanks

How about a comparision between QUALITY and QUANTY. Use a new pencil = quality. Use old chewed and broken pencils = quanity.
    Toodles, Nanajoanie

Thanks

yep, and "QUICK" is also a SHOW AND TELL..so we this week and I go for this one, is "S", so we JUST made what we are doing, in construction paper, we spelled, "SILENCE" , so every letter has been done in different colors, and glued, I LOVE GLUE and GLITTER..so she is gonna get up there and STAND and un fold this great piece of paperwork that simply says "SILENCE"..and the backside, says.."What does this mean to you?"..really I can't wait for responses..in OUR older years, we think one thing, kids, and these kids are amazing, just wannahear WHAT it means to them..and rest assured some kid is gonna tell somethng, I had NOT thought of..my offer to the OP is this, think OUTSIDE the box..do something really cool, and I think I do well with my ideas, and the teacher, and the kidlettes seem to love when I come, because something always..happens..and often show and tell seems more important these days..I think I prompt thought and the process of it and that does include feelings..at that makes who we are and shape our kids..

At last....my love has come around..