Thanks

Unhappy update on fil.. any ideas?

he is still in icu, but npot or the oxygen levels, that is now fine. he has another blockage. this is in the artery that sullpiles blood to your left arm. dh told me the name, but i forgot. they are going BACK in tomoroow am and do open heart surgery AGAIN. now, they new this was blocked before they did all the otehr, so why did they not fix it then?? has anyone had any experience with this???
    Last edited by ladybugbhb; 01-18-2004 at 05:16 PM.
    Proudly support our Troops and Leaders!
    mom of: haleigh 10 becca 7 sammy 2

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement update on fil.. any ideas?

Thanks
    I have no experience with this but it does look like they would have fixed everything while they were working on him the first time. Will keep him in my prayers.
    member # 14479
    missing my daughter I love you steph

Thanks
    That just doesnt sound right, I think I would ask for a second opinion before I let them open my chest back up!
    Work like you don't need money, love like you've never been hurt, And dance like no one's watching

Thanks
    Sounds like your FIL has had a rough go of his recent surgery. Cardiac vessels sometimes clot off post surgery....even with anticoatulation therapy (blood thinners). If FIL was a smoker or had lung problems
    before this surgery, it can also make things more difficult. Maybe that was the reason for his respiratory problems after surgery.

Will the docs be doing a stent to open the vessel through
    the groin? Or have to go through the chest again?

FIL must have multiple health problems prior to this
    surgery, would be my guess....making recovery
    a longer time.

When FIL gets out of ICU, it would benefit from all the family to learn about his new diet, cardiac rehab, medicine regime, etc. in order to support him with the recovery.

Will be keeping your FIL in our prayers!
    Hugs,
    Angie
    Last edited by queenangie; 01-19-2004 at 03:56 PM.

Thanks
    thank you guys
    he had his other surgery yesterday. they did have to open his chest abck up. they knew of the blockage lst time, but thought it would not have to be fixed. then on saturday, after the wed surgery, they said it was interfering with what they had already fixed and they needed to fix it. he is ok now. he will probably go tto a room tomorrow.
    as for the other health probs, he was fine. he just went to the dr for a stomache ache that would not go away. that is when they found the heart probs. he was a smoker. notice i said was. he said when hewants one, he is going to the mirror to look at his chest! lol
    he has not had one in 15 days now though, so i think he is on his way to being smoke free.
    thanks for th e replies. please keep him in your thought and prayers for a good recovery.
    Proudly support our Troops and Leaders!
    mom of: haleigh 10 becca 7 sammy 2