Thanks
    Thanked 5,510 Times in 3,654 Posts
    Here are 8 home made vitamin water recipes to help you keep the water flowing!

As a rule, you should try to avoid as much as possible industrial food and beverages

1) The classical : lemon/cucumber:

Mix in a pitcher: 10 cups of water + 1 cucumber and a lemon, thinly sliced + 1/4 cup fresh finely chopped basil leaf + 1/3 of finely chopped fresh mint leaves. Leave in the refrigerator overnight before serving.

2) The granite : Strawberry/Lime or Raspberry/Lime
    Mix in a pitcher : 10 cups of water + 6 strawberries / 0r Raspberries and one thinly sliced lime + 12 finely chopped fresh mint leaves. Leave in the refrigerator overnight before serving.

3) The digestive : Fennel/citrus
    First: infuse 1 to 3 grams of dried and crushed fennel in 150 ml of boiling water for 5-10 minutes. Allow to cool.
    Mix in a pitcher: 10 cups of water + lemon juice (put the leftover lemon in the mix) + a small thinly sliced orange + 12 fresh chopped mint leaves + the infusion of fennel seeds. Leave in refrigerator overnight before serving.

4) The antiOX : Blackberry/Sage
    Note that a part from the berries, sage leafs is the herb that has the highest antioxidant content.
    Mix in a pitcher : 10 cups of water + 1 cup of blackberries that have been very slightly crushed + 3-4 sage leaves. Leave in refrigerator overnight before serving.

5) WATERmelon : watermelon/Rosemary
    Mix in a pitcher : 10 cups of water + 1 cup of watermelon cut into cubes + 2 rosemary stems. Leave in refrigerator overnight before serving.

6) The exotic : Pineapple/Mint
    Mix in a pitcher : 10 cups of water + 1 cup of pineapple cut into cubes + 12 fresh mint leaves finely chopped. Leave in the refrigerator overnight before serving.

7) The traditional : Apple/cinnamon
    Mix in a pitcher : 10 cups of water + 1 cup of apple cut into cubes + 2 cinnamon sticks + 2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon. Leave in the refrigerator overnight before serving.

8.) The zingibir : Ginger/tea
    In advance: heat 1 teaspoon of ginger in two cups of tea, let it cool down.

Mix in a pitcher: 10 cups of water with two cups of the ginger tea + 4-5 pieces of fresh ginger cut into cubes. Leave in the refrigerator overnight before serving.
    Laissez les bon temps rouler! Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.** a 4 day work week & sex slaves ~ I say Tyt for PRESIDENT! Not to be taken internally, literally or seriously ....Suki ebaynni IS THAT BETTER ?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jolie Rouge For This Useful Post:

magickay (01-17-2015), Mary_Jo3 (04-17-2020)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kai's "Old-Fashioned" Recipe Thread

Thanks
    Brownie Crackles Recipe

Chocolate chips and a convenient brownie mix provide the rich chocolate flavor in these sweet cookies from Ellen Govertsen of Wheaton, Illinois. Rolling the dough in powdered sugar gives them their inviting crackled appearance.

TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 10 minutes Batch YIELD:27 servings

Ingredients
    1 package fudge brownie mix (13-in. x 9-inch pan size)
    1 cup all-purpose flour
    1 egg
    1/2 cup water
    1/4 cup canola oil
    1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
    Confectioners' sugar

Directions

In a large bowl, beat the brownie mix, flour, egg, water and oil until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips.

Place confectioners' sugar in a shallow dish. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls into sugar; roll to coat. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.

Nutritional Facts : 2 cookies equals 154 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 84 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/b...#ixzz3PCDoG9GI
    Laissez les bon temps rouler! Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.** a 4 day work week & sex slaves ~ I say Tyt for PRESIDENT! Not to be taken internally, literally or seriously ....Suki ebaynni IS THAT BETTER ?

Thanks
    3 pound beef roast such as a chuck roast
    1 envelope of dry Italian salad dressing mix
    1 envelope of dry Ranch salad dressing mix
    1 envelope of dry brown gravy mix
    2 cups water

Put the water in a measuring cup that is larger then the amount of water you are using. Now add and mix all three envelopes to the water. Mix until blended completely. Brown the roast (if desired) Add the meat to your cooker. Pour the water, salad dressing mixture over the roast.In the slow cooker, cook it on high for about 4 hours, on low about 8 hours.. ~6

Thanks

Homemade elderberry syrup to fight the flu (or just for good eating)

If you have access to elderberries, fresh or dried, consider making your own elderberry syrup. Use the elderberry syrup in tea, baking, or eat it right off the spoon for some of its immune-boosting properties. (Read more about elderberry syrup and the flu here.) We are lucky enough to have local access to as many elderberries we could possibly ever process. We use the fresh berries to make syrup, but the process for fresh and dried berries is basically the same, you just add a bit more water if you are using dried berries.

This recipe makes about 3 cups of the syrup. If you are making large batches and canning them, you will want to consult with some canning-ready and tested recipes.

Homemade Elderberry Syrup Ingredients
    •With fresh berries: 1 cups berries, 1/2 cup water
    •With dried berries: 1/2 cup berries, 2 cups water

•1/2 cup honey (or more to taste)
    •1 cinnamon stick
    •5 cloves
    •2 tablespoons of chopped fresh ginger

1.Combine berries, water, and spices in a pot.
    2.Bring the mixture to a boil and reduce heat to simmer.
    3.Simmer for about 30 minutes until the liquid is reduced by about half.
    4.Strain mixture through a strainer or sieve.
    5.Add honey and stir until the honey is dissolved.

Your syrup will keep in your refrigerator for a month or more. If you make it in large batches, consider freezing part of the syrup in smaller freezer containers for easy use.

http://www.freshbitesdaily.com/homem...erberry-syrup/

Thanks
    CRAZY GOOD CASSEROLE

Amazingly delicious!!!!

Ingredients:
    4-5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    6 strips of quality bacon
    2 cans cream of chicken soup
    2 cups shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
    1 box (16 ounces) dried spiral pasta
    1 tablespoon garlic powder
    salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
    Cook and crumble bacon.
    While bacon is cooking, cut chicken into bite sized chunks.
    Set cooked bacon aside for later use.
    In the same pan cook chicken in bacon drippings.
    Add garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste.
    While chicken is cooking prepare pasta according to directions.
    Spray a 9 x 13 pan with non-stick cooking spray.
    Preheat oven to 400°F.
    Drain pasta, return to pot.
    Add chicken, both cans of cream of chicken soup, 1 cup of Monterrey Jack cheese.
    Stir to mix well.
    Pour into prepared baking pan.
    Top with crumbled bacon and remaining Monterrey Jack cheese.
    Bake at 400°F for about 20 minutes, just until cheese is melted and beginning to brown on top.

Thanks
    Yummy cucumber dressing ( recipe) ...

Ingredients

1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped
    1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
    1 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon crushed garlic
    Dash cayenne (optional)
    1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh dill or basil, or 1/2 teaspoon dried
    1 teaspoon minced onion

Put the cucumber, oil, lemon juice, salt, garlic, and cayenne in a blender and process on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Stir in dill and onions. Enjoy!

Thanks
    Cheesy Baked Ziti Recipe

Ingredients
    •1 lb ground beef
    •1 cup onion, chopped
    •1 garlic cloves, minced
    •1 (32 ounce) jar meatless sauce
    •1 cup chicken broth
    •1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
    •1 (16 ounce) pasta - cooked and drained
    •2 Cups shredded mozzarella cheese
    •1 cup grated parmesan cheese

Instructions
    1.Preheat oven to 375. In a large skillet add a little olive oil - add onions and garlic ( cook for 5 minutes) - add beef. Brown beef and drain fat
    2.Add in sauce, chicken broth and oregano
    3.Cook on low for 10 minutes
    4.Stir in pasta and ¼ cup of mozzarella cheese
    5.Spread into a casserole dish sprinkle the rest of the cheeses on top and bake uncovered for 30 minutes

http://www.budgetsavvydiva.com/2013/...d-ziti-recipe/

Try this recipe BUT instead of ziti, try Zucchini!! Cut of the ends; scoop out the insides, trim into one inch sections and treat just like the pasta shells! YUM!

Thanks
    These Sweet Potato Cookies are vegan, gluten free and paleo. If you have never done any grain free baking, let me tell you that the texture is very different than cookies made with grains. Very good though. These have an almost fudgy texture to them. Make these delicious cookies in under 30 minutes!

Sweet Potato Cookies

Prep Time: 10 minutes
    Cook Time: 15 minutes
    Total Time: 25 minutes
    Yield: 18-20 cookies

•2 cups pureed sweet potato
    •1 cup almond flour
    •1/2 cup maple syrup
    •1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
    •1/4 tsp nutmeg
    •3 T chocolate chips

•Preheat oven to 350.

In a food processor, combine all the ingredients until smooth.

The dough will be pretty sticky.

Add the chocolate chips and pulse a few times to get them mixed in well.

Using a cookie scoop, drop cookies onto a lined baking sheet.

Bake for 15-17 minutes.

Let the cookies cool before transferring them to a container. These should last a couple weeks in the fridge. You may also be able to freeze them. Enjoy!
    Read more at http://mywholefoodlife.com/2015/02/0...5I2ZDD9eq2e.99

Thanks
    Disneyland Dole Whips

http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2014/...ole-whips.html

Whipped Pineapple Pops

•2 - 20 oz cans naturally sweetened crushed pineapple OR 1 large fresh pineapple, cut into chunks
    •Juice of 1 lime
    •1 1/2 cups cream, almond milk, or coconut milk (full fat works best for the most creamy consistency)
    1.Place pineapple and lime juice in a high power blender. Blend until smooth and frothy.
    2.Combine with creamy liquid.
    3.Pour mixture into popsicle molds and freeze until hardened.
    4.Enjoy!
    Last edited by Jolie Rouge; 05-13-2015 at 04:37 PM.

Thanks
    5 Chicken Dump Recipes

If you're new here, you may want to subscribe to my e-mail updates http://mad.ly/signups/97776/join or follow me on Pinterest. http://pinterest.com/sharlajk/ Thanks for stopping by!

Usually when I make freezer meals, I make a variety of different things including casseroles and various meat and seafood dishes. It’s great to do it that way when I have a lot of time and have prepared. But when I just want to throw some meals together quickly and don’t want to spend hours planning and shopping for ingredients, I make chicken dump recipes. Most of them can be cooked in the crock pot, saving even more time!

These time-saving recipes are just a sample of the ones I have in my ebook, Chicken Dump Recipes. http://thechaosandtheclutter.com/my-...-dump-recipes/

Chicken Dump Recipes - 10 meals in one hour

Chicken dump recipes are fast to make and often, they include ingredients that I already have in the house. They are perfect to make if I happen to have some spare time come up. These recipes are perfect for freezing and make a wonderful gift for someone who has just had a baby or is experiencing an illness or going through a hard time.

Last week, I had some appointments booked for Wednesday but then found out that my sitter for that day couldn’t make it so I had to cancel my appointments and found myself with sort of an extra day. I went on Tuesday and bought a lot of chicken and Wednesday made two sets of ten chicken meals. Each session took me about an hour so in just two hours, I had 20 meals made!

In my morning chicken dump session, I made Chicken Hurry, Caribbean Chicken, Lemon and Garlic Chicken, Sticky Chicken, and Cantonese Chicken. I made two of each of the five recipes, so in one hour, I had ten meals. In the afternoon, I made Teriyaki Chicken, French Canadian Chicken, Cindy’s Chicken, Pepper Lime Chicken, and Lemon Mustard Chicken.

For all of my chicken dump recipes, printable grocery lists and printable labels, you can purchase my Chicken Dump Recipes. You can read more about it here. http://thechaosandtheclutter.com/my-...-dump-recipes/

The key to successful chicken dump meals is having all your ingredients out before you start assembling. This saves time and aggravation!

Steps to making Chicken Dump Meals:

1.Get out all ingredients.

2.Label resealable freezer bags (you can use a permanent marker or print labels to stick on) with the name and cooking instructions.

3. Prop the bottom of the bags and fold over the top so that they will stay open.

4.Add chicken into each bag. You can use boneless, skinless thighs or breasts.

5.Once the chicken is in all of the bags, dump the ingredients for the recipe into the bag.

6.When all the ingredients are in each bag, remove the excess air, seal the bags, lay flat, and freeze.

5 Chicken Dump Recipes

Chicken Hurry

chicken
    1/2 cup ketchup
    1/4 cup water
    1/4 cup packed brown sugar
    3 Tbsp. dry onion soup mix*

*I use an MSG-free, gluten-free dry onion soup mix

Cooking instructions:

Thaw. Bake at 350° for an hour or in the crock pot on low for 4-6 hours.

Caribbean Chicken

chicken
    8 oz. can pineapple chunks with juice
    1/4 cup packed brown sugar
    1/2 tsp. nutmeg
    1/3 cup orange juice
    1/2 cup raisins

Cooking instructions:

Thaw. Bake at 350° for an hour or in the crock pot on low for 4-6 hours.

Lemon and Garlic Chicken

chicken
    2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
    4 Tbsp. of olive oil
    2 Tbsp. fresh chopped parsley
    3 Tbsp. lemon juice
    1/4 tsp. pepper

Cooking instructions:

Thaw. Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or in the crock pot on low for 4-6 hours.

Sticky Chicken

chicken
    2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
    1 Tbsp. soya sauce**
    3 Tbsp. peanut butter
    3 Tbsp. ketchup

Cooking instructions:

Thaw. Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes. **if you are making these gluten free, be sure to use gluten free soya sauce

Cantonese Chicken

chicken
    1/2 cup ketchup
    1/4 cup melted honey
    1/4 cup soya sauce**
    2 Tbsp. lemon juice

Cooking instructions:

Thaw. Bake at 350° for one hour or in the crock pot on low for 4-6 hours.

Notes:

◾The recipes work best with 3-5 chicken breasts or 8-10 thighs per bag. If you are adding a lot more or a lot less chicken, you may need to adjust the recipes accordingly.

◾If you plan the meals so that they have some common ingredients, it saves even more money.

◾All recipes can be made gluten free by following the notes indicated.

◾I heard from a reader who suggested using slow cooker liners. I had never heard of such a thing, but it sounds like a way to save even more time because it eliminates the cleanup of the crock pot.

◾Don’t forget to check out the other chicken dump recipes for even more options!

Thanks
    Cafe Reconcile’s White Beans and Shrimp

2 pounds Camellia Brand Great Northern Beans
    4 cups onion, chopped
    2 cups celery, chopped
    2 cups bell peppers, chopped
    1/2 cup parsley, chopped
    3 - 4 cloves garlic, chopped
    1 tablespoon thyme
    Black pepper, to taste
    Dash cayenne pepper
    Dash white pepper
    Salt, to taste
    Chicken stock or water, enough to cover beans
    1 1/2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
    4 cups heavy cream
    Steamed white rice

Yield:10 - 12 generous servings

Directions:

Soak beans, in enough water to cover, in the refrigerator overnight.

Drain beans.

In a large pot, combine beans, veggies, seasoning, and stock or water.

Simmer covered for 2 - 3 hours until beans are tender.

Add shrimp and cream and simmer until shrimp are cooked. Approximately 5 minutes.

Serve over white rice.

Café Reconcile is a nonprofit restaurant, located in the severely distressed Central City neighborhood of New Orleans,which serves as the primary training ground for students seeking to acquire skills in the food service industry. Featuring soul-filled local dishes and some of the city’s lowest prices, Café Reconcile is a destination lunch spot for a wide cross-section of New Orleanians as well as visitors from all across the country.

You can learn more about Café Reconcile at their website http://cafereconcile.org/ and follow them on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram