...In my own lil world..

Thanks
    yea i thought it was just small strips of meat.....ty fugi! & HIya i gots to be going in 2-7 minutes tho. my cleaning time of the day (which I shouldnt' have to do considering what I did in teh kitchen today NOT TO MENTION walking the dog! )

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kai's "Old-Fashioned" Recipe Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 5,510 Times in 3,654 Posts
    LOL ~ Yes Flute
    PHILLY CHEESE STEAK SANDWICH
    Chicago's Steaks use 6 oz. thin sliced Julienne strips of beef
    your favorite roast beef cut into long thin strips - like Julienne fries.

1 #16 scoop julienne tasso
    Tasso is a well seasoned ham/pork product sold by the salt pork in the meat department. I have no idea what a #16 scoop is ~ they prob put that in the recipe so that you can't quite make this at home. Looking at the ratio I would guess about an ounce to an oounce and a half.

3 oz. 50/60 unseasoned shrimp
    refers to the size - 50/60 to the pound; so they would be small "salad" shrimp.

Laissez les bon temps rouler! Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.** a 4 day work week & sex slaves ~ I say Tyt for PRESIDENT! Not to be taken internally, literally or seriously ....Suki ebaynni IS THAT BETTER ?

Thanks
    Blonde's Cooking Diary

Dear Diary,
    MONDAY:
    Now home from honeymoon and settled in our new home. It's fun to cook for Bob. Today I made angel food cake. The recipe said, "Beat 12 eggs separately." The neighbors were nice enough to loan me some extra bowls."

Tuesday:
    Bob wanted fruit salad for supper. The recipe said, "Serve without dressing." So I didn't dress. What a surprise when Bob brought a friend home for supper.

Wednesday:
    A good day for rice. Recipe said, "Wash thoroughly before steaming the rice." It seemed kind of silly but I took a bath. I can't say it improved the rice any.

Thursday:
    Today Bob asked for salad again. I tried a new recipe. It said, "Prepare ingredients, then toss on a bed of lettuce one hour before serving." Which is what led up to Bob asking me why I was rolling around in the garden.He is so silly!

Friday:
    I found an easy recipe for cookies. It said, "Put all ingredients in bowl and beat it." There must have been something wrong with this recipe. When I got back, everything was the same as when I left.

Saturday:
    Bob did the shopping today and brought home a chicken. He asked me to dress it for Sunday. (oh boy) I sewed a cute little flowered sundress for it. For some reason Bob keeps counting to ten.

Sunday:
    Bob's folks came to dinner. I wanted to serve roast. All I could find was hamburger. Suddenly I had a flash of genius. I put the hamburger in the oven and set the controls for roast. It still came out hamburger, much to my disappointment.
    Good night, Dear Diary. This has been a very exciting week. I am eager for tomorrow to come so I can try out a new recipe on Bob. If we could just get a bigger oven, I would like to surprise him with "Chocolate Moose."
    Laissez les bon temps rouler! Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.** a 4 day work week & sex slaves ~ I say Tyt for PRESIDENT! Not to be taken internally, literally or seriously ....Suki ebaynni IS THAT BETTER ?

...In my own lil world..

Thanks

Talking Hot diggity dog !

I FOUND MY RECIPE BOOK finally!!!! (ok so one of my many was missing ) So I shall share the 1 recipe I was dying to find

The Best Lemonade You Ever Made swear that's the title!
    to make the sugar solution
    add equal parts sugar & water to a saucepan & bring to boil, stir mixture untill sugar is thouroughly dissovled. Remove from heat & let cook. Store in fridge.

1 C lemon juice freshly squeezed..about 6 lemons
    4 C very cold water

1/4-1/2 C sugar solution

Combine lemon juice & sugar syrup in large pitcher. Add water. Stir. Can optinally add lemon slices for that extra look

Enjoy!

btw: jolie loved that blonde cooking diary

Thanks
    Roma Artichoke and Tomato Ragu

1 can (14.5 oz.) Diced Tomatoes with Italian Herbs, drained
    1 jar (6 oz.) marinated artichoke hearts, sliced, undrained
    1/3 cup sliced ripe olives
    3 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
    3 tbsp. chopped fresh basil or 2 tsp. dried basil, crushed
    1 clove garlic, minced
    1/4 teas. salt
    1/8 teas. ground black pepper

Combine tomatoes, artichoke hearts and marinade, olives, parsley,
    basil, garlic, salt and pepper in large bowl. Cover and chill for several hours to blend flavors.

Serve hot over broiled, grilled or sauteed chicken, shrimp, fish or
    pork. Or serve tossed with angelhair pasta as a light entree or chill it as a pasta salad. For casual summer entertaining, it can also be served on toasted Italian bread slices or individual pizzas.
    Pacifist: Someone who has the nutty idea that killing people is a bad thing.

Thanks
    Todays Recipies

PEANUT BUTTER CHIP BANANA MUFFINS

1/3 cup shortening
    • 2/3 cup sugar
    • 2 eggs
    • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    • 1 cup mashed ripe banana (2 to 3 medium)
    • 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
    • 1 teaspoon baking soda
    • 1-2/3 cups (10-oz. pkg.) Peanut Butter Chips
    • COCOA CRUMB TOPPING (recipe follows)

Heat oven to 350°F. Line muffin cups (2-1/2 inches in diameter) with paper bake cups.

In small bowl, beat shortening and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until smooth. Add banana, flour and baking soda; blend just until combined. Stir in peanut butter chips. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter; sprinkle about 1/2 teaspoonful COCOA CRUMB TOPPING onto top of each muffin.

Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool slightly in pan on wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature. Cover; refrigerate leftovers. 16 to 18 muffins.

COCOA CRUMB TOPPING:

In small bowl, stir together 2 tablespoons sugar, 1 tablespoon Cocoa and 1 tablespoon melted butter or margarine. Stir in 1/4 cup finely chopped peanuts until well blended.

Braised String Beans

1 large Onion; chopped
    1 lb String beans
    1 small Garlic clove; minced
    1 large bunch Parsley or mint; chopped
    3/4 cup Olive oil
    Salt and pepper
    1 tsp Tomato paste
    Water
    1/2 Fresh tomato peeled and chopped

Saute onion and garlic in olive oil until soft. Add tomato paste and
    fresh tomato and simmer until sauce is slightly thickened. Add
    string beans and seasoning and enough water to cover. Cover and cook until beans are tender.

PREMIUM GINGERBREAD

1 c. molasses
    1/2 cup butter
    1/2 cup buttermilk
    2 eggs
    1 tbsp brown sugar
    1 tsp ginger
    1 tsp baking powder ("saleratus")
    flour

One cup molasses, one-half cup butter, one-half cup buttermilk, two eggs, one table-spoonful ginger; one tea-spoonful saleratus, flour enough to make a stiff batter.
    From Transactions of the Wisconsin State Agriculture Society, blue ribbon winners at the Wisconsin State Fair of 1860.

BEEF CAKES

Cold roast beef, preferably rare
    Crumbs of stale or toasted bread
    Chopped onion
    Chopped parsley
    Pepper and salt
    Pan juices or drippings
    Walnut or onion pickle
    Cold ham or tongue, scraped
    Butter
    Cold mashed potatoes

Take some cold roast beef that has been under-done, and mince it very fine. Mix with it grated bread crumbs, and a little chopped onion and parsley. Season it with pepper and salt, and moisten it with some beef-dripping and a little walnut or onion pickle. Some scraped cold tongue or ham will be found an improvement. Make it into broad flat cakes, and spread a coat of mashed potato thinly n the top and bottom of each. Lay a small bit of butter on the top of every cake, and set them in an oven to warm and brown. Beef cakes are frequently a breakfast dish. Any other cold fresh meat may be prepared in the same manner.
    From Miss Leslie's Directions for Cookery, by Eliza Leslie, 1851.

HiYa JayBird
    HiYa Jolie
    HiYa Flute
    {{{secret Pal}}
    Hold out bait to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him.

The early bird might get the worm, but it's the second mouse who gets the cheese

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Thanks
    Cold ham or tongue, scraped

I am afraid to put down what I am actually thinking ...

Thanks
    Originally posted by Jolie Rouge

I am afraid to put down what I am actually thinking ...

ROTFLMAO

You Bad

YASUREYOUBETCHA
    {{{secret Pal}}
    Hold out bait to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him.

The early bird might get the worm, but it's the second mouse who gets the cheese

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

...In my own lil world..

Thanks

What in the L's an onion pickle???????

Thanks
    Originally posted by Jolie Rouge : I am afraid to put down what I am actually thinking ...

Originally posted by the fugative: ROTFLMAO
    You Bad
    YASUREYOUBETCHA

See ~ you clearly thought the SAME thing !

Originally posted by Flute : What in the L's an onion pickle???????
    A pickled onion ???

...In my own lil world..

Thanks
    MUAHAHAHAHAH~