Page 6 of 6 First ... 23456
  1. #56
    Mary_Jo3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    In a state of constant trouble
    Posts
    1,970
    Thanks
    1,177
    Thanked 608 Times in 404 Posts
    That is very kind of her. I had FB'd my hair dresser and she mentioned they were waiting to see if they had to close again, I hope not, we need some sense of control in our lives after being told who can and can't be open. She is so careful, they set up a waiting area where people are spaced apart, taking up a good part of their shop hallway, spacing out the appointments and no longer taking walkin customers. I don't know how they will make it if this keeps up.
    Keep your hands to yourself, leave other people's things alone, and be kind to one another.

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement How has corona virus news affected you?
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many
     

  3. #57
    sunflowers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    7,634
    Thanks
    1,051
    Thanked 3,010 Times in 1,440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary_Jo3 View Post
    That is very kind of her. I had FB'd my hair dresser and she mentioned they were waiting to see if they had to close again, I hope not, we need some sense of control in our lives after being told who can and can't be open. She is so careful, they set up a waiting area where people are spaced apart, taking up a good part of their shop hallway, spacing out the appointments and no longer taking walkin customers. I don't know how they will make it if this keeps up.
    What state are you in? Florida here, a hot zone...lol

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to sunflowers For This Useful Post:

    Mary_Jo3 (08-25-2020)

  5. #58
    Mary_Jo3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    In a state of constant trouble
    Posts
    1,970
    Thanks
    1,177
    Thanked 608 Times in 404 Posts
    Got my hair cut yesterday, they haven't closed things down yet but we wonder if that will change. She cut it a bit shorter just in case. LOL Oops, I'm in Illinois.
    Keep your hands to yourself, leave other people's things alone, and be kind to one another.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mary_Jo3 For This Useful Post:

    sunflowers (08-26-2020)

  7. #59

    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Transplanted Texan in Ohio
    Posts
    3,758
    Thanks
    7,102
    Thanked 1,236 Times in 865 Posts
    Meant to mention - last week or two, the governor of Ohio said live event venues could reopen under very strict (ridiculous) guidelines. The main feature states that theaters would be allowed 15% capacity. In one of the theaters where I volunteer, the seating capacity is 220 - which means we could have 33 people seated in the audience per performance. That limit would not even cover the royalties for community theaters! The professional theaters would also not be able to make any money on traveling performances.

    The powers that be must have pulled some arbitrary figure out of their hats. Obviously, they have no concept about the cost of operations, nor do they have a more logical approach to seat people in a theater. It's so sad. Live performances (music, dance, theater) are not going to be able to survive at this rate.
    Be Happy Now.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to magickay For This Useful Post:

    Mary_Jo3 (09-07-2020), sunflowers (09-02-2020)

  9. #60
    sunflowers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    7,634
    Thanks
    1,051
    Thanked 3,010 Times in 1,440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by magickay View Post
    Meant to mention - last week or two, the governor of Ohio said live event venues could reopen under very strict (ridiculous) guidelines. The main feature states that theaters would be allowed 15% capacity. In one of the theaters where I volunteer, the seating capacity is 220 - which means we could have 33 people seated in the audience per performance. That limit would not even cover the royalties for community theaters! The professional theaters would also not be able to make any money on traveling performances.

    The powers that be must have pulled some arbitrary figure out of their hats. Obviously, they have no concept about the cost of operations, nor do they have a more logical approach to seat people in a theater. It's so sad. Live performances (music, dance, theater) are not going to be able to survive at this rate.
    here is Florida Miami is reopening their stadium so that the Dolphins and Hurricanes can play with people in stands with a limited capacity...Im sure others then wont be far behind. Our theaters are still closed here in my town..

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to sunflowers For This Useful Post:

    Mary_Jo3 (09-07-2020)

  11. #61
    3lilpigs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Somewhere between here and there.
    Posts
    10,600
    Thanks
    3,976
    Thanked 5,648 Times in 2,701 Posts
    Meant to mention - last week or two, the governor of Ohio said live event venues could reopen under very strict (ridiculous) guidelines. The main feature states that theaters would be allowed 15% capacity.
    Perhaps he meant movie theatres??

    Our movie theatres are opening at 10% capacity. You must buy tickets online, and if you want popcorn, drinks, candy, etc...
    you must order that online too and they'll have it ready when you get there. There are only 1 or 2 current movies playing, otherwise you can see movies like Ghostbusters (original), Jaws, Gremlins, etc....

    Quote Originally Posted by sunflowers View Post
    here is Florida Miami is reopening their stadium so that the Dolphins and Hurricanes can play with people in stands with a limited capacity...Im sure others then wont be far behind. Our theaters are still closed here in my town..
    The way these players/teams have been acting lately, they'll be playing at limited capacity because they have no choice!

    I still have no desire to go to, or watch, any sporting events.
    Last edited by 3lilpigs; 09-02-2020 at 02:24 PM.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 3lilpigs For This Useful Post:

    magickay (09-02-2020), Mary_Jo3 (09-07-2020)

  13. #62

    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Transplanted Texan in Ohio
    Posts
    3,758
    Thanks
    7,102
    Thanked 1,236 Times in 865 Posts
    Actually, movie theaters in Ohio were opened prior to live event venues. I don't know if tickets have to be pre-purchased; I haven't been to a move theater in quite some time. I hate other people talking, texting, etc. during a movie, and it's hard to get around that these days.

    The recent announcement was to address live performance venues specifically. They are enclosed areas, so the idea to minimize contact is the operative factor However, the realities of such limitations renders the spaces useless, for the most part. It might cover basic overhead costs, but not the variables of royalties, touring costs, additional personnel required for performances, etc.

    Some restaurant/club locations have been featuring musicians on their outdoor patio areas to help support performers, and there are some outdoor music venues that are now having shows, encouraging masks and social distancing in the seating. So far, so good.

    One community theater will be doing performances at an outdoor amphitheater, with limited in-person tickets and live stream tickets. The show is a musical, which is much more expensive to produce, so it is their hope that they can at least break even. I'm going to try to catch the show - $25 for a ticket.
    Be Happy Now.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to magickay For This Useful Post:

    Mary_Jo3 (09-07-2020)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in