1. #1
    3lilpigs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Somewhere between here and there.
    Posts
    8,250
    Thanks
    2,554
    Thanked 3,562 Times in 1,573 Posts

    Weighted Blankets / comforters.......

    Does anyone have a weighted blanket or comforter?

    Do you like it?

    Does it help you sleep better?

    I was thinking about getting one but want some opinions first.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to 3lilpigs For This Useful Post:

    Mary_Jo3 (10-10-2019)

  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Weighted Blankets / comforters.......
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many
     

  4. #2

    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Transplanted Texan in Ohio
    Posts
    2,519
    Thanks
    4,037
    Thanked 799 Times in 559 Posts
    I don't own one, but they sound interesting. They are supposed to be 'calming' - maybe like being hugged by a blanket?
    Be Happy Now.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to magickay For This Useful Post:

    3lilpigs (10-03-2019), Mary_Jo3 (10-10-2019)

  6. #3
    3lilpigs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Somewhere between here and there.
    Posts
    8,250
    Thanks
    2,554
    Thanked 3,562 Times in 1,573 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by magickay View Post
    I don't own one, but they sound interesting. They are supposed to be 'calming' - maybe like being hugged by a blanket?

    Yes, they're suppose to make you feel 'swaddled' like a baby. lol
    The weight is suppose to force you to sleep in one position most of the night, to keep you from tossing and turning.
    Have also read that they help with anxiety too.

    JCP is suppose to be having a big sale this weekend, and one of theirs will be on sale half price. I might get it and try it out.

    Was hoping someone I knew had one though

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 3lilpigs For This Useful Post:

    magickay (10-08-2019), Mary_Jo3 (10-10-2019)

  8. #4
    Mary_Jo3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    In a state of constant trouble
    Posts
    1,725
    Thanks
    609
    Thanked 362 Times in 230 Posts
    My brother-in-law loves his, the question I keep forgetting to ask my sister is can you wash it in a regular washing machine or will it be to heavy and need to go to a laundry mat with the super duty washers like my pillow top mattress pad which requires a double loader.
    Keep your hands to yourself, leave other people's things alone, and be kind to one another.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mary_Jo3 For This Useful Post:

    magickay (10-12-2019)

  10. #5
    3lilpigs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Somewhere between here and there.
    Posts
    8,250
    Thanks
    2,554
    Thanked 3,562 Times in 1,573 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary_Jo3 View Post
    My brother-in-law loves his, the question I keep forgetting to ask my sister is can you wash it in a regular washing machine or will it be to heavy and need to go to a laundry mat with the super duty washers like my pillow top mattress pad which requires a double loader.

    They can't be washed at all. They have small glass beads in them to make it heavy. You're suppose to buy a cover for it, and then wash that. Otherwise, just a damn towel to clean off any dirt or stains.

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 3lilpigs For This Useful Post:

    magickay (10-12-2019), Mary_Jo3 (10-20-2019)

  12. #6

    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Transplanted Texan in Ohio
    Posts
    2,519
    Thanks
    4,037
    Thanked 799 Times in 559 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 3lilpigs View Post
    They can't be washed at all. They have small glass beads in them to make it heavy. You're suppose to buy a cover for it, and then wash that. Otherwise, just a damn towel to clean off any dirt or stains.
    I was wondering about the weights for the blanket - I had this crazy idea that it would be like little flattened lead fishing sinkers, LOL.
    Be Happy Now.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to magickay For This Useful Post:

    Mary_Jo3 (10-20-2019)

  14. #7

    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Transplanted Texan in Ohio
    Posts
    2,519
    Thanks
    4,037
    Thanked 799 Times in 559 Posts
    Inquiring minds want to know - did you decide to get the weighted blanket?
    Be Happy Now.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to magickay For This Useful Post:

    Mary_Jo3 (10-20-2019)

  16. #8
    3lilpigs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Somewhere between here and there.
    Posts
    8,250
    Thanks
    2,554
    Thanked 3,562 Times in 1,573 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by magickay View Post
    I was wondering about the weights for the blanket - I had this crazy idea that it would be like little flattened lead fishing sinkers, LOL.


    Quote Originally Posted by magickay View Post
    Inquiring minds want to know - did you decide to get the weighted blanket?
    No, not yet. I"m still looking for one I like. I want to get one that comes with a cover, (so it can be washed), but haven't found any for uner $100. (Yeah, I'm cheap. lol)

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 3lilpigs For This Useful Post:

    magickay (10-18-2019), Mary_Jo3 (10-20-2019)

  18. #9
    Mary_Jo3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    In a state of constant trouble
    Posts
    1,725
    Thanks
    609
    Thanked 362 Times in 230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 3lilpigs View Post




    No, not yet. I"m still looking for one I like. I want to get one that comes with a cover, (so it can be washed), but haven't found any for uner $100. (Yeah, I'm cheap. lol)
    Not cheap, frugal, we all have to watch our money. With Christmas around the corner hopefully you can find one at a reasonable price, sure glad I know it can't be washed and uses a cover.
    Keep your hands to yourself, leave other people's things alone, and be kind to one another.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Mary_Jo3 For This Useful Post:

    magickay (10-27-2019)

  20. #10

    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Transplanted Texan in Ohio
    Posts
    2,519
    Thanks
    4,037
    Thanked 799 Times in 559 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 3lilpigs View Post




    No, not yet. I"m still looking for one I like. I want to get one that comes with a cover, (so it can be washed), but haven't found any for uner $100. (Yeah, I'm cheap. lol)
    I saw one for sale with cover in my area (Toledo) on Facebook Marketplace - it was being offered for less than $50, if I remember correctly. You might keep an eye on that, or Craigslist in your area.
    Be Happy Now.

  21. #11
    Mary_Jo3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    In a state of constant trouble
    Posts
    1,725
    Thanks
    609
    Thanked 362 Times in 230 Posts
    I think I saw some at Sams but don't remember the price. Black Friday is around the corner hopefully you can find what you want.
    Keep your hands to yourself, leave other people's things alone, and be kind to one another.

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mary_Jo3 For This Useful Post:

    3lilpigs (11-06-2019), magickay (11-07-2019)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in