Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. #1
    Pepsi4me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    There's enough crap in real life so I dont need the crap from here.
    Posts
    4,933
    Thanks
    325
    Thanked 446 Times in 280 Posts

    How do you take care of Fairies & pixies?.....LOL!

    My 10 yr old daughter had a sleepover/pizza party last night for her Birthday & I was just informed by her friends that they will be leaving some fairies & pixies for us.....LOL!

    You should hear them go into details about them. They have great imaginations.


    These girls were up til after midnight last night even though we had them lie down at about 9:30pm. I forgot how chatty & giggly girls can be at that age.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pepsi4me For This Useful Post:

    Adra (05-24-2008), nanajoanie (05-24-2008)

  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement How do you take care of Fairies & pixies?.....LOL!
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many
     

  4. #2
    Adra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,289
    Thanks
    814
    Thanked 286 Times in 131 Posts
    I am trying to remember everything I know from my granddaughter.

    Everything has to be natural-nothing man made.

    You use twigs and clay and bark to make a little house The nicer you make it the more the fairies like it.

    example-
    use vines to hold twigs togeather and
    use white rocks to make a pathway to the door-
    small flowers near the house is absolutely necessary.
    Windows if possible
    Food is essential and it must be all natural (no chips or soda)
    grapes is good and small pieces of apple

    I can't think of anything else. Some children know that this is a fun thing but they take it seriously. I just have fun with it and her.

  5. #3
    Pepsi4me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    There's enough crap in real life so I dont need the crap from here.
    Posts
    4,933
    Thanks
    325
    Thanked 446 Times in 280 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Adra View Post
    I am trying to remember everything I know from my granddaughter.

    Everything has to be natural-nothing man made.

    You use twigs and clay and bark to make a little house The nicer you make it the more the fairies like it.

    example-
    use vines to hold twigs togeather and
    use white rocks to make a pathway to the door-
    small flowers near the house is absolutely necessary.
    Windows if possible
    Food is essential and it must be all natural (no chips or soda)
    grapes is good and small pieces of apple

    I can't think of anything else. Some children know that this is a fun thing but they take it seriously. I just have fun with it and her.



    LMAO! Thank you!

    I guess for now they/the fairies are living in my ceiling fan light. That's what the girls told me anyway.

  6. #4
    ladybugva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    in the land of the crazies
    Posts
    7,291
    Thanks
    583
    Thanked 345 Times in 231 Posts
    on the family fun web sight (like the magazine) I have seen things about fairie houses all natural and such. But with boys I have no experience so I can't help you much there. sorry. Sounds like fun guest though, at least they don't eat a lot.
    Moms of boys work from son up to son down and then they go on line to escape

  7. #5
    Jackie_Blu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    If we ever forget we're One Nation Under GOD,we will be a Nation Gone Under.
    Posts
    3,229
    Thanks
    3,041
    Thanked 1,238 Times in 541 Posts
    LOL thats so sweet Gotta love little girls
    One Big Ass Mistake, America!

  8. #6
    nanajoanie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Wallburg, NC
    Posts
    17,497
    Thanks
    742
    Thanked 312 Times in 150 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi4me View Post
    My 10 yr old daughter had a sleepover/pizza party last night for her Birthday & I was just informed by her friends that they will be leaving some fairies & pixies for us.....LOL!

    You should hear them go into details about them. They have great imaginations.


    These girls were up til after midnight last night even though we had them lie down at about 9:30pm. I forgot how chatty & giggly girls can be at that age.
    That's cute "fairies and pixies", never stayed with me but that would be great. They could make a nest in the dust on my ceiling fans that would be cushy............................
    Toodles, Nanajoanie

  9. #7
    ahippiechic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Lil Wayne's Crib
    Posts
    24,833
    Thanks
    6,044
    Thanked 19,563 Times in 5,063 Posts
    We have faeries living in the hallway light fixture, because it looks like a cottage. We've had them for a year or so, but she's more into them now after seeing Spiderwick Chronicles.
    <a href=http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c28/unsocialhippie/thwayne.jpg target=_blank>http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...ie/thwayne.jpg</a>

  10. #8
    Pepsi4me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    There's enough crap in real life so I dont need the crap from here.
    Posts
    4,933
    Thanks
    325
    Thanked 446 Times in 280 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Patchouli View Post
    I believe in fairies. If we ever have our own home I want to make a fairy chair and also get one of those little wooden doors that you place up against the bottom of a tree.


    There's a tree by the school on someones property that is so cute with a door & window at the base.

    Now I know what it's for...duh! It's for the Fairies. It's right by the great smelling Lilac bushes.

  11. #9
    Adra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,289
    Thanks
    814
    Thanked 286 Times in 131 Posts
    I looked up the pictures of the little doors and they are just too precious. I asked dh if he could make me one that it was so totally useless and we might have to take a little flak from my mom and my sister for having somrthing so unreligious in our yard but I want a fairy door and a fairy gardern on our huge tree in our front yard. He looked at me like I was going through my 2nd childhood. But he said he would make one of the little doors for me but I have to do the rest. I'm willing. Those are so cute. But just in case anyone asks I am going to say I got the idea from some of you.

  12. #10
    diana_circe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    5,235
    Thanks
    679
    Thanked 536 Times in 365 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Patchouli View Post
    I believe in fairies. If we ever have our own home I want to make a fairy chair and also get one of those little wooden doors that you place up against the bottom of a tree.
    Oh, what an awesome idea! We have a huge, old oak that a fairy door would look so cute against. And maybe it would get Taylor outside doing something fun instead of wandering around here bored and driving me crazy! I want fairies in my light fixtures!

  13. #11
    swan0002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    NY/NC
    Posts
    10,396
    Thanks
    808
    Thanked 2,813 Times in 383 Posts
    I'll bet they'd like one of these. lol
    http://www.weetreehome.com/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in