PDA

View Full Version : Cops

Jolie Rouge
11-15-2014, 07:22 AM
10 secrets cops know that most people don't

It’s become abundantly clear in the past few weeks that the press and the public have very little real understanding of police work. And something we’ve learned over the years is that during times of stress and tension, a good chuckle is extremely effective medicine.

So, here are some things most people don’t know but cops do. Add your observations in the comments area below.

1. Most cops understand why tickets are necessary, but don’t particularly like writing them. Well, unless they happen to stop “the guy who pays their wages” and then writing a ticket isn’t so bad.

2. The vast majority cops have never shot anyone, but most cops can recite a detailed list of people who are/were deserving of being shot because they posed a deadly threat. This means that most cops have successfully defused a potentially deadly confrontation using only words and less-lethal weapons.

3. Most cops wonder if they have something better to do until the person asks in that whiny voice, “Don’t you have anything better to do?” It is then — and only then — the cop knows the answer to that question is, “No. This is good as it gets.”

4. Most cops know the driver they just stopped had more that “two beers” and can estimate with reasonable accuracy how many beers a driver did, in fact, have.

5. Most cops like donuts, but so does everybody. They are deliberately made to taste really, really good so people will want to eat them. Please pass me another donut.

6. Most cops wonder why so many members of the community choose to pick up a mobile phone and record them while the officers are rolling in the dirt with an assailant rather than offering to help the officer.

7. Most cops don’t know the color of the people they stop before the traffic stop takes place. This is especially true when those people are driving cars with tinted windows at night.

8. Most cops know that if you fix that muffler / tail light / other mechanical issue for which they’ve stopped you, the cops will stop stopping you.

9. Most cops know it is impossible stop a squad car fast enough when the drunk in the back seat says, “Stop! I think I’ve got to puke.”

10. Most cops know that the national media do not pursue the truth, they pursue a story. Their story and the truth are too often a little like fraternal twins. They are related, but cops can’t explain why they don’t look anything alike.

comments

11-Officers are guilty until he proves he is not guilty. He was rude to me, how did I push you, slap you or curse you, no you were just rude, write a statement.

And when parents tell their kids behave or that cop will take you to jail - No we won't but what we want to do is back slap you for saying that - don't teach your kids to be afraid of us ! And yes when we are carrying a Colt 45 Pistol - yes we know it is cocked !

okay how is this: cops know that if you give me a ration of crap while in the backseat of my car, a little doggy is going to run out into the street and I will have to take evasive maneuvers to not hit him! when I am taking that burglary report for the Ming dynasty vase and Persian rug that was stolen from your hole in the wall apartment, after you sign the statement I am locking up your ass for fraud! lastly, getting your period won't get you out of that ticket because I get one too and I can be a real bitch!

Most cops know that while driving back to the Station, with 5 minutes left in after a VERY long and busy night shift, you are going to almost be killed by a drunk driver, who has multiple out-of-state warrants,has a weapon under the seat, drugs in a pocket at the booking counter, and is either pregnant or has a VERY complicated seriouis medical condition that you have to deal with at the ER.
( oh and als he has the Mayors business card in his wallet, right next to the ACLU Membership ID )

Most cops know that:

Pouring booze into an ugly clumsy idiot doesn't make them tougher, smarter or sexier;

If you leave the station with a 1/4 tank of gas, the likelihood of being in a 3 county high speed pursuit goes up exponentially;

The toughest fight will not be the guy with a black belt in Kung Pao Chicken but a 95 pound drunken female;

The answer to an immediate crisis is rarely found in the Policy & Procedure manual;

A CJ or Law degree gives the holder just enough 'education' to let their mouth overload their brain;

parolees rarely (if ever) drive their own cars, wear their own jackets or wear their own pants!;

A cop may lose a gunfight but he/she should be surrounded by empty shell casings;

If you really, really believe you can shoot a gun/knife out of an attacker's hand, or just wound them, turn in your gun ... you're a danger to yourself and others. Delusional isn't a good character trait.

more comments : http://www.policeone.com/patrol-issues/articles/7526490-10-secrets-cops-know-that-most-people-dont/