PDA

View Full Version : ‘Duck Dynasty’

Jolie Rouge
10-11-2013, 04:44 PM
Praying to Jesus Too Hot for A&E Censors
By Matthew Sheffield | October 10, 2013

http://liberallogic101.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/liberal-logic-101-417.jpg

http://landing.newsinc.com/shared/video.html?freewheel=69016&sitesection=conservativevideos&VID=25235992

In today’s television world, anything goes. We’ve seen shows about everything from sewage treatment, meat slaughtering, trash collection, and prostitution houses. Yet for all the unvarnished look at life that “reality” shows bring to viewers, there is one thing that is apparently too hot for television: praying to Jesus.

According to Phil Robertson, star of A&E’s mega-hit series “Duck Dynasty,” the producers of the cable program deliberately removed his and other family members’ references to Jesus in prayer.

Robertson revealed the censorship in an interview with small Christian sporting magazine called Sports Spectrum over a year ago. He also revealed that the editors of the show would insert fake beeps in the audio tracks to make it look like Robertson and his family were using profanities when, in fact, they were not.

“These people [the viewers] thought there was some profanity when there was zero,” he disclosed.

While there was no profanity being used on camera, there was something else that apparently was too much for A&E’s editors: the Robertson family ending its mealtime prayers in the name of Jesus.

“So they would just have me saying, ‘Thank you Lord for the food, thank you for loving us, amen,’” Robertson revealed. “So I said, ‘Why would you cut out ‘In Jesus’s name?’ They said, ‘Well those editors are probably doing that. They just think that they don’t want to offend some of the Muslims or something.’”

According to Robertson, after he confronted the production staff about the censorship, they stopped removing the Christian closing.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matthew-sheffield/2013/10/10/duck-dynasty-star-name-jesus-too-hot-television#ixzz2hSZsWHqc

They just think that they don’t want to offend some of the Muslims or something.

Oh, so an utterance of "Jesus" might offend the Muslims, but things like crotch-groping Miley Cyrus-- which is guaranteed to offend millions of people-- are totally okay. Talk about hypocrisy.

Jolie Rouge
12-19-2013, 11:27 AM
A&E Television has suspended Duck Dynasty star Phil Robertson, according to a statement from the network obtained by several media outlets. - CLICK for more: http://bit.ly/1hmNvX4

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1531931_10151864438428932_1956175564_n.jpg

Robertson out after gay comments
Dec 18, 2013 7:13 PM by Trey Schmaltz

WEST MONROE, La.- Duck Dynasty star Phil Robertson has apparently been yanked off the popular TV show after comments he made that were anti-gay.

The network told Entertainment Weekly Robertson is off the hit show for the time being.

EW posted on its website the full statement from the network, which read: "We are extremely disappointed to have read Phil Robertson's comments in GQ, which are based on his own personal beliefs and are not reflected in the series Duck Dynasty. His personal views in no way reflect those of A+E Networks, who have always been strong supporters and champions of the LGBT community. The network has placed Phil under hiatus from filming indefinitely."

The rest of his family will continue on the reality series, EW reported late Wednesday.

The change comes after Robertson said in an interview with the lifestyle magazine that being gay was a sin and compared same-sex relationships with bestiality.

The TV show follows the cast of characters in north Louisiana who make a living building duck calls. Wednesday evening, Robertson was still listed as a cast member on the show's website.

http://www.wbrz.com/news/robertson-out-after-gay-comments/

It looks like A&E won’t have to deal with the pesky business of editing out “Duck Dynasty” patriarch Phil Robertson.
After suspending the star for his response to a GQ question about sin, A&E went on to air episodes of the hit series last night.

Read everything before you pass judgement!!! This is the part of his statement that is conveniently being left out:

Phil had a statement as well:

"I myself am a product of the '60s; I centered my life around sex, drugs and rock and roll until I hit rock bottom and accepted Jesus as my Savior. My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together. However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other."

Ka-ching! The high and mighty and so-much-better-than-you A&E has no qualms about cashing in on Robertson, even as network execs sneer at his religious beliefs about homosexuality and make kissy faces at noisy LGBT bullies.

http://twitchy.com/2013/12/19/how-bout-that-ae-still-cashing-in-on-suspended-duck-dynasty-star-phil-robertson/

Tolerance bullies? Nailed! Larry Elder puts A&E’s ‘Duck Dynasty’ move in damning context
Posted at 12:44 pm on December 19, 2013

Larry Elder ✔ @larryelder

"We just love 'em, give 'em the good news about Jesus,
whether they're homosexuals, drunks, terrorists...
let God sort 'em out.."
--P.Robertson

6:00 AM - 19 Dec 2013

That quote comes from suspended “Duck Dynasty” star Phil Robertson’s interview with GQ. To the speech bullies on the Left, that’s cause to burn the beard witch, and A&E is “happy, happy, happy” to go along with the silencing campaign. (And just as happy to continue cashing in on reruns of episodes featuring Robertson.)

Talk show host and author Larry Elder put the Robertson witch hunt in boom-worthy perspective today with a key reminder about how the Left embraces prog darling and bigoted cretin Al Sharpton.

Paula Deen, "bigot." Out.
Phil Robertson, "homophobe." Out.
Al Sharpton? Announces his upcoming interview with the First Lady.

6:40 AM - 19 Dec 2013

"Flashback: A&E Tried To Cut 'Jesus' From Duck Dynasty Family Prayers Because It Might Offend Muslims..."
http://tinyurl.com/m6zln4m

9:56 AM - 19 Dec 2013

Fox News’ Father Jonathan makes key point on Phil Robertson’s suspension

Fr. Jonathan Morris ✔ @fatherjonathan

#DuckDynasty 's Phil Robertson was wrong in tone and facts, but I wonder if quoting Bible re: homosexual acts will now get you fired.

8:22 AM - 19 Dec 2013

RedState’s Erick Erickson points out that the question has perhaps already been answered:

Fr. Jonathan Morris ✔ @fatherjonathan

#DuckDynasty 's Phil Robertson was wrong in tone and facts, but I wonder if quoting Bible re: homosexual acts will now get you fired.

Erickson ✔ @EWErickson

@fatherjonathan I don't think you have to wonder any longer.

8:24 AM - 19 Dec 2013

One thing is clear: The “major backlash” over A&E’s decision will continue.

Punishment for expressing one’s religious beliefs is not acceptable.

http://twitchy.com/2013/12/19/biblical-bam-fox-news-father-jonathan-makes-key-point-on-phil-robertsons-suspension/

Self awareness fail: Cable net that hired Alec Baldwin - offended by ‘homophobic’ Phil Robertson

MSNBC hired Alec Baldwin for what ended up being a short-lived talk show after the actor made his first round of gay slurs, but obviously there are people at the cable net who have very short-term memories

http://twitchy.com/2013/12/18/self-awareness-fail-cable-net-that-hired-alec-baldwin-offended-by-homophobic-phil-robertson/

Selective outrage: GLAAD slams Phil Robertson after letting Alec Baldwin slide

Lefty gay rights activists are up in arms over comments Phil Robertson made regarding homosexuality. The “Duck Dynasty” patriarch told GQ that he believes homosexuality is a sin: http://www.gq.com/entertainment/television/201401/duck-dynasty-phil-robertson

“Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men,” he says. Then he paraphrases Corinthians: “Don’t be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers—they won’t inherit the kingdom of God. Don’t deceive yourself. It’s not right.”

Many were quick to pounce on Robertson’s comments, denouncing him as a homophobe and using the remarks as evidence that committed Christians are intolerant bigots.

But that got some people to wondering: Where was this outrage from GLAAD after Alec Baldwin was caught — repeatedly — using gay slurs?

http://twitchy.com/2013/12/18/selective-outrage-glaad-slams-phil-robertson-after-letting-alec-baldwin-slide/

Jolie Rouge
12-19-2013, 11:36 AM
A Letter to the A&E Network

Dear A&E,

I’m writing to share with you my strong disappointment over your recent decision to “indefinitely suspend” the star of television’s #1 rated show, Duck Dynasty’s Phil Robertson.

graves-439078

I am part of the demographic that has made this show so popular, a christian southern conservative. For multiple seasons now I have enjoyed watching Duck Dynasty, and appreciate the family values that the Robertson family upholds and promotes both on and off the show. The Robertson’s have made you millions and millions of dollars. You need them, much more than they need you at this point.

Here is my problem with your decision. Your tagline, “A&E – Be Original” sounds sincere, but clearly you don’t mean it. Phil Robertson is about as “original” as they come. Instead of celebrating that, or at least standing by your cash cow, you disavowed him. Over a little pressure from the people who tout tolerance and equality as their greatest virtue. You have elevated the hypocrisy of these folks to a new level.

Freedom of speech isn’t the issue, as Phil wasn’t denied the right to speak what he believes. You are a private company who can treat employees as you will. My issue is the cowardice you’ve shown in caving to the liberal left and the LGBT community’s pressure to punish anyone and everyone who doesn’t agree with their lifestyle.

I won’t take this opportunity to debate the morality of homosexuality, other than to say that I support Phil Robertson and his beliefs on the issue. I applaud Phil’s courage to speak the truth in a dark world, regardless of the consequences.

For holding this view, and supporting this man, I am called a bigot, intolerant, and a hate monger. Therein lies the hypocrisy. It seems to me that these who preach tolerance are the biggest violators when it comes to those who disagree with them. Smell the hypocrisy?

For far too long the beliefs of Christians across this country have been under attack. Family Values are being swept under the rug as old-fashioned and outdated. What a sad response by today’s society. Regardless of which way the wind blows, I stand confident knowing that absolute truth still reigns the day.

Television is full of examples of hostility towards Christians and mocking of scripture, family values and principles I hold dear. Where is the furor when one of those issues is attacked. I’d say you’re strangely silent except for the fact that you’re usually promoting this trash along with the rest of the television industry.

A&E Network….Arts & Entertainment Network. The arts and entertainment used to be filled with signs of self-expression, I guess unless that expression offends someone? Your network lost tonight. You lost a chance to solidify a base of viewers who would have been fiercely loyal to you.

Phil Robertson is better off without you. It is your loss.
http://adamlewis.wordpress.com/2013/12/18/a-letter-to-the-ae-network/

Jolie Rouge
12-19-2013, 11:50 AM
Duck Dynasty and the GQ Interview of Phil Robertson: Rejecting Political Correctness
By Keith A. Fournier 12/19/2013

Robertson described in the interview how sin is becoming acceptable in America and that the country needs to turn back to its Christian values. "Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men," Robertson told GQ. "Don't be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers-they won't inherit the kingdom of God. Don't deceive yourself. It's not right." The patriarch of the Robertson family said just putting one's faith in Jesus will help problems be solved.

CHESAPEAKE, VA (Catholic Online) - Let me begin with some disclosures and clarifications. I write this article as a private citizen and with no clerical title. I speak only for myself and not Catholic Online. I write with the full protection of the First Amendment to the Bill of Rights to the US Constitution, including the Right to Free Speech, Free Exercise of Religion, Free Association and the Right to a Free Press.

Next, I disclose that I choose to live in the Great Bridge section of Chesapeake, Virginia. This is a down to earth, blue collar community in Southeastern Virginia, filled with salt of the earth, real folks who work hard, love their families and still believe in the ideals of liberty which once defined the American experiment in ordered liberty.

I grew up in the inner city of Boston, Massachusetts. I come from blue collar, working class stock. Yes, I went on to obtain a Law License and graduate degrees, through a lot of struggle - and even more - a lot of prayer and faith. I have been, and will continue to be, involved in Northern Virginia and the DC Metroplex culture, but only because that is where political decisions are being made. I will never, ever withdraw from trying to influence politics and the broader culture. I am totally dedicated, as a fully, happily and consciously committed Catholic Christian with an ecumenical heart, to standing at the intersection of faith and Culture.

Now, having said all of that, I really like the television program, Duck Dynasty. My wife Laurine and I watch the program when we can. We always record it on the DVR if we miss it. I know the program schedule, but, with my writing and editing during the evenings - and the pace of my life - I miss it. So, with the invention of the DVR - though our television viewing is limited and focused - we record this particular show.

We often spend our Friday evenings watching a few shows together as we unwind from the week and prepare for the weekend which usually involves my teaching and preaching as a member of the Catholic Clergy, an ordained deacon. I am involved as well in a national ministry. Because of that, we are probably not numbered among the many millions of viewers who statistics show have catapulted the show into television ratings history. The opening episode of season four broke all records as the most watched non-fiction show in cable history.

However, Duck Dynasty is one of our favorite television programs. Obviously, we are not alone. Duck Dynasty has been a ratings success for the A&E television network. It averages 14 million viewers an episode. The question the main stream media should really be asking is - why? Maybe, just maybe, if they paid attention, they might learn something about this wonderful Nation and the longing in the human hearts of real, regular folks. Perhaps if political observers paid attention, they might actually recognize a growing resistance movement.

I can anticipate the response I will receive to this candid admission of my appreciation of this show from some of my regular readers on Catholic Online. Some will insist that the show has no plot and little substance in its often predictable episodes. I know that. Others will be surprised I even watch the show. Finally, others will be disappointed because they have a mistaken idea of what it means to be a real Christian, and a real person, in a very real world.

I am tired of the agendas of the Cultural Revolution winding their way into much network television programming. It is so good to not have to be on my guard while watching something on TV. I love to watch TV. The real problem is that much of it is now propaganda and not news or reporting. Duck Dynasty is simple, funny, light- hearted - and always enjoyable. After a week filled with intensity, the real kind that comes from just living real life, I do not need the contrived intensity which one so often finds on television programming. Nor do I need the propaganda which is weaving its way into so many programs.

When the program first debuted, my wife and I were drawn to watch it because her Mother came from West Monroe, Louisiana. After all these years we still miss her, and the idea of seeing the town she came from intrigued us. Then, the salt of the earth nature of the characters, along with the interplay between them, just captured us. It's a funny show, and it is really good to laugh.

However, the thing which keeps bringing us back to watching this show is something unique in the contemporary smorgasbord of contemporary television - the actual presence of real, human and, yes, Christian values. These folks are salt of the earth people who simply love each other and receive all of life as a gift. They also love God in a naturally/supernatural way. A way which is communicated without the necessity of words.

The Robertson family, like most families, has eccentric members. They are given over to the inside humor between one another which is so often used as a means of showing affection, especially among men. The personalities are delightful. My wife and I have developed our favorites among the cast. The situations they face each week, and the lessons learned as a result, serve as a framework for communicating timeless values in a simple but effective way.

There are real, human, redemptive values on display in each weekly episode as the family faces the stuff of raising children, remaining faithful to their marriages, and supporting one another in the rough and tumble of real life. In addition, in almost every episode, they end with the extended family sharing a meal which begins with a heartfelt and sincere prayer of thanksgiving to the Lord.

"My goodness", I remember thinking when I first experienced the program, "how refreshingly countercultural it is - to see prayer like that in this age of self worship." The Robertson family is openly Christian. Obviously, they are evangelical protestant Christians. However, they are the kind who still embrace the ancient, unchangeable Creed which defines basic Christianity, whether they recite that creed on Sunday or not.That is why this Catholic, and many others, tune in regularly.

This past August, Lifenews.com ran a story concerning Jase and Missy, a son and daughter in law of the Robertsons, openly speaking of their commitment to abstinence before marriage and the defense of innocent human life in the womb. That same month, CNS News ran the transcript of the father, grandfather and patriarch of the family, defending the child in the womb and exposing the evil of procured abortion, in his usually blunt but effective manner.

One of Phil's sons, Willie, is the CEO of the family Duck Call manufacturing business. He recently gave a beautiful presentation at an event sponsored by the Louisiana Family Forum promoting adoption and foster parenting. It is being run along with this article and is a You Tube phenomenon. Willie and his wife adopted a bi-racial son. Their love for him, along with their other children, is truly inspiring. The insights they have learned through that love, about the love of God - and our adoption as sons and daughters of the Father in Jesus the Son - is touched upon in his talk.

Again, in a naturally supernatural manner, a Robertson conveyed the values which give meaning to human life. I hope by now some of my regular readers can begin to understand why i am such a fan of this program and this family!

I am glad Duck Dynasty is so popular. I hope the growing numbers of viewers begin to catch what the Robertson's have, living, real, basic Christian faith which has entered into every aspect of their life together. Boy, could the entire Nation use a good dose of that.

I write today because much of the media is filled with stories reacting to an interview which Phil Robertson, the Patriarch of the family, gave to GQ (Gentleman's Quarterly) magazine. Once again, in deference to some of my readers who might be concerned, I do not subscribe to GQ magazine.

However, this interview is well worth reading. It is well written and truly insightful. The article was written by Drew Magary and can be read in its entirety here. http://www.gq.com/entertainment/television/201401/duck-dynasty-phil-robertson#ixzz2nrsRMnhy

http://www.catholic.org/national/national_story.php?id=53618

Jolie Rouge
12-19-2013, 11:54 AM
The "tease' paragraph in the magazine, intended to get you to read it:

How in the world did a family of squirrel-eating, Bible-thumping, catchphrase-spouting duck hunters become the biggest TV stars in America? And what will they do now that they have 14 million fervent disciples? Our Drew Magary toured the Louisiana backwater with Phil Robertson and the Duck Dynasty gang to find out. The article appears in the January print edition which will soon be released.

I hope it works. I found the answer it offered very satisfying. It made me like the series Duck Dynasty even more. In one of a myriad of stories, articles, rewrites and multi-media reports on this article, CBS of Houston ran a piece provocatively entitled[I] 'Duck Dynasty' Star: A Vagina Is 'More Desirable Than A Man's Anus'[/u] which can be read here. http://houston.cbslocal.com/2013/12/18/duck-dynasty-star-a-vagina-is-more-desirable-than-a-mans-anus/

Sadly, some of the more controversial quotes were pulled out of a truly interesting, lengthy and very interesting article in GQ and have become the backdrop for some news reports flying through what pretends to be the media these days. Read in context, the comments are not all that shocking.

The reality is this salt of the earth, down to earth Christian father, grandfather and faithful patriotic American, with his wonderful, blunt and true witness of a conversion to the Lord Jesus Christ, is being pilloried by many who now propose nothing less than a Cultural Revolution in America and the West. Here is a sampling of the controversial comments found in the CBS report:

"It seems like, to me, a vagina - as a man - would be more desirable than a man's anus. That's just me," Robertson stated. "I'm just thinking: There's more there! She's got more to offer. I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I'm saying? But hey, sin: It's not logical, my man. It's just not logical."

Robertson described in the interview how sin is becoming acceptable in America and that the country needs to turn back to its Christian values.

"Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men," Robertson told GQ. "Don't be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers-they won't inherit the kingdom of God. Don't deceive yourself. It's not right."

The patriarch of the Robertson family said just putting one's faith in Jesus will help problems be solved.

"If you simply put your faith in Jesus coming down in flesh, through a human being, God becoming flesh living on the earth, dying on the cross for the sins of the world, being buried, and being raised from the dead-yours and mine and everybody else's problems will be solved. And the next time we see you, we will say: 'You are now a brother. Our brother.' So then we look at you totally different then," Robertson said.

Despite his beliefs, the 67-year-old says he doesn't judge others.

"We never, ever judge someone on who's going to heaven, hell. That's the Almighty's job," Robertson told GQ. "We just love 'em, give 'em the good news about Jesus - whether they're homosexuals, drunks, terrorists. We let God sort 'em out later."

It was those specific comments which caused the reaction in much of the media. They constituted a very small section of a freewheeling, delightfully written piece by Drew Magary. However, they caused a media storm which continues.

In fact, much of the media is apoplectic about the interview. The entertainment subculture, which has erected a new golden calf, which many mind numbed Americans dance around, has found a goldmine to propel their ratings.

In particular, the propaganda media, the new Cultural Revolutionary guard - which has not only bought the agenda of a small section of the homosexual/lesbian community is seeking to compel the entire culture to change the truth about marriage and the family but has become its agents - is absolutely aghast!

For example, as is evident in this excerpt reported by CBS of Houston:

GLAAD slammed Robertson's comments, calling them "vile."

"Phil and his family claim to be Christian, but Phil's lies about an entire community fly in the face of what true Christians believe," GLAAD spokesperson Wilson Cruz said in a statement. "He clearly knows nothing about gay people or the majority of Louisianans - and Americans - who support legal recognition for loving and committed gay and lesbian couples. Phil's decision to push vile and extreme stereotypes is a stain on A&E and his sponsors who now need to reexamine their ties to someone with such public disdain for LGBT people and families."

Well, I do not believe that Phil Robertson, his family, or many of the salt of the earth folks who identify with his honest, down to earth manner of communicating, hold any animosity toward men and women who have same sex attraction. Rather, they simply have reached the saturation point. I join with them and say ENOUGH!

Yes, every single human person, including those who have same sex attraction, has human dignity. Every human person, including those who struggle with same sex attraction, should be respected and appropriately protected against discrimination.

However, the idea of restructuring the entire social order and attempting to nullify the Natural Moral Law, and then using the police power of the State to enforce a new social order, will not prevail.
Real, ordinary down home people are waking up.

The reason Duck Dynasty is so popular is people are not buying into this new Cultural Revolutionary ideology. They know it is not true. They know it will not promote the common good.

The people I work out with in the gym where I lift weights and the kickboxing dojo where I study Martial Arts are NOT against homosexual persons. In fact, some who struggle with same sex attraction probably hit the same heavy bags and lift the same weights.

However, like the rest of us, they happen to like Phil Robertson and the Duck Dynasty family. We all know that their down to earth, real approach to life has a basic goodness to it. We are glad that this family has not succumbed to the insanity of the ideologues of the New Cultural Revolution.

In addition, we are sick of the charged and loaded rhetoric which pretends to be objective news reporting. We are even more nauseated by those in Hollywood (certainly not all) who have become so brainwashed by the new thought police that they have decided that they must now enforce the new ideological line of the Cultural Revolutionaries.

Duck Dynasty and the GQ Interview of Phil Robertson is a refreshing rejection of political correctness.

At the end of the CBS report the reporter noted: Robertson also revealed in the interview he only sees the family doing the popular show for another five years."Let's face it. Three, four, five years, we're out of here," Robertson told GQ. "You know what I'm saying? It's a TV show. This thing ain't gonna last forever. No way."

In the larger GQ interview which gave rise to this piece, Phil Robertson makes some other honest observations:

We're Bible-thumpers who just happened to end up on television. You put in your article that the Robertson family really believes strongly that if the human race loved each other and they loved God, we would just be better off. We ought to just be repentant, turn to God, and let's get on with it, and everything will turn around."

What does repentance entail? Well, in Robertson's worldview, America was a country founded upon Christian values (Thou shalt not kill, etc.), and he believes that the gradual removal of Christian symbolism from public spaces has diluted those founding principles. (He and Si take turns going on about why the Ten Commandments ought to be displayed outside courthouses.) He sees the popularity of Duck Dynasty as a small corrective to all that we have lost. "Everything is blurred on what's right and what's wrong," he says. "Sin becomes fine."

At the end of this article we read this final account:

We hop back in the ATV and plow toward the sunset, back to the Robertson home. There will be no family dinner tonight. No cameras in the house. No rowdy squirrel-hunting stories from back in the day. There will be only the realest version of Phil Robertson, hosting a private Bible study with a woman who, according to him, "has been on cocaine for years and is making her decision to repent. I'm going to point her in the right direction."

It's the direction he would like to point everyone: back to the woods. Back to the pioneer spirit. Back to God. "Why don't we go back to the old days?" he asked me at one point. But now, I'm afraid, I must get out of the ATV and go back to where I belong, back to the godless part of America that Phil is determined to save.

To all of that I say, "You go Phil". Duck Dynasty and the GQ Interview of Phil Robertson is a refreshing rejection of Political Correctness. I look forward to the new season.

Jolie Rouge
12-19-2013, 11:57 AM
After writing this piece I read that Phil Robertson had been suspended from the show.
Well, that is just one more example of the danger which I tried to address.
Political correctness run rampant!

Update: Though the network did not release a full statement upon suspending the Patriarch of the Robertson family indefinitely from the show, Phil Robertson offered these words in a Press release:

"I myself am a product of the 60s; I centered my life around sex, drugs and rock and roll until I hit rock bottom and accepted Jesus as my Savior," he said. "My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

"However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other."

Jolie Rouge
12-19-2013, 06:46 PM
Dear A&E, congratulations, you just committed suicide

Posted on December 19, 2013 by The Matt Walsh Blog

phil

Dear A&E,

I read that you are indefinitely suspending Phil Robertson from Duck Dynasty after he quoted the Bible and said that the homosexual act is sinful. I get it, guys. I do. You punished the Christian guy for being a Christian because you got some angry emails from a bunch of whiny gay activists who lack the spine and maturity to deal with the fact that there are still people out there who have the guts to articulate opinions that they find disagreeable. In so doing, you’ve kowtowed to a pushy minority of vocal bullies who don’t even watch your channel, while alienating the fan base of the one show that keeps your entire network afloat.

Makes sense.

You’ve got standards, after all. You wouldn’t want to be associated with tasteless and inappropriate things. The people on Duck Dynasty can’t be allowed to run around being all Christian-like. It might ruin the reputation of the network whose other shows include Hoarders and Intervention — programs that invite viewers to gawk at drug addicts and the mentally ill for their own amusement.

Disney-ABC Television Group owns 50 percent of your network, were they involved in this decision? They must have been. They’ve got a brand to protect. They can’t allow a bearded right winger to spout beliefs. BELIEFS, of all things. The horror! We must shutdown beliefs, opinions, and ideas, and get back to the serious business of selling sex and debauchery to children. They can’t deal with these distractions, don’t they have another season of The Bachelor or Desperate Housewives or Trophy Wife to produce?

Good Lord, these militant neo-liberal thought police are better at brainwashing than I ever realized. They just convinced you to torpedo your own network. You guys just kamikazed yourselves. You just pulled the pin on the grenade and then put it in your pocket. This is incredible. Didn’t you see what happened with Chic-fil-A when GLAAD crusaders tried to shutdown an entire business just because they disapproved of the owner’s opinions? Don’t you remember that? I’ll refresh your memory: their “boycott” resulted in an enormous sales spike for the company, as millions of people like myself went out of our way to eat there just to ensure that the anti-free speech fools on the left didn’t win. A week after the anti-Chic-fil-A campaign began, their restaurants across the country were overflowing. It was, officially, the least effective boycott in the history of mankind.

Now it’s all going to happen again, except it will be the opposite effect, and you’ll be on the losing end this time around.

If you don’t bring Phil back immediately, and publicly apologize to him and to his viewers for attempting to censor his Christian faith, Duck Dynasty will leave your network, find a new home, and all of those ratings will go somewhere else. Then you’ll be stuck with the stragglers who feel like spending a Saturday rubbernecking at mentally disturbed elderly women with compulsive hoarding addictions. That’s how this is going to play out. Congratulations.

Did you think the “gay rights” crowd would stick around and “support you” for meeting their ransom demands? No, silly A&E, that isn’t how this works. The speech-controllers on the left are like a black hole. They can only suck you in and obliterate you. They’re like the devil — they ask for your soul and offer nothing in return.

Am I coming on too strong?

Just wait.

Just you wait.

This is the worst decision you’ve ever made. Well, “Bonnie and Clyde” was the worst decision, but this is a close second. Speaking of which, just to make sure we’re clear, the violent mini-series glorifying a couple of thugs who robbed some banks and killed some people 80 years ago — OK. Wholesome family man quotes the Bible during an interview with GQ — UNACCEPTABLE. Is that the correct equation? Is that your business model?

Just to be doubly clear: you guys hate the Bible and find it to be offensive, right? Or is it just parts of the Bible? Or is it just Christians? Or is it just Christians who have the audacity to believe in the entire Bible, rather than a select few segments that pass the modern PC litmus test? Just let me know, and I’ll send the word along to my readers, many of whom are Christians who watch — I mean, used to watch –A&E. I’m sure they’ll be interested in finding out that you view their faith as so abhorrent that you’d fire a guy simply for quoting a passage from their Holy Book.

You made your bed. You decided to stand against free speech, against open expression of ideas, against Christians, against the Bible, against the views of a majority of humanity, against the most profitable show in the history of your network, and against almost all of your viewers. But, hey, at least you put a smile on GLAAD’s face. That must make it all worth it, right?

Sincerely,

Everyone who isn’t a left wing extremist (AKA your former customer base)

http://themattwalshblog.com/2013/12/19/dear-ae-congratulations-you-just-committed-suicide/

Jolie Rouge
12-19-2013, 06:48 PM
Louisiana governor defends 'Duck Dynasty' star
By Carrie Dann, NBC News

Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal jumped to the defense of Phil Robertson, the star of the A&E megahit “Duck Dynasty” who was indefinitely suspended from the program Wednesday after making graphic statements about homosexuality.

In a statement, Jindal praised Robertson and his family as “great citizens” of his home state, where the lucrative show is filmed, and he slammed the “politically correct crowd” for criticizing his comments.

“I don’t agree with quite a bit of stuff I read in magazine interviews or see on TV. In fact, come to think of it, I find a good bit of it offensive,” Jindal said. “But I also acknowledge that this is a free country and everyone is entitled to express their views. In fact, I remember when TV networks believed in the First Amendment. It is a messed up situation when Miley Cyrus gets a laugh, and Phil Robertson gets suspended.”

Advertise | AdChoices

At first glance, the Indian-American convert to Roman Catholicism with a national political profile and the crossbow-wielding, bearded patriarch of a television show about a duck-hunting call business wouldn’t seem to be completely natural allies.

But some conservative Christians are arguing that Robertson, a self-described “Bible-thumper,” was singled out for expressing a religious belief that homosexuality is wrong.

Asked in an interview with GQ what he believes in sinful, Robertson replied “Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men.”

Robertson also described the mechanics of homosexuality in explicit terms, saying that a woman’s anatomy is “more desirable” than a man’s.

“I'm just thinking: There's more there!” the reality star said. “She's got more to offer. I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I'm saying? But hey, sin: It's not logical, my man. It's just not logical."

In a statement, Robertson said he is committed to speaking about the teachings of the Bible.

"My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together," he said. "However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other."

A&E Networks said that Robertson’s “personal views in no way reflect those of A&E Networks, who have always been strong supporters and champions of the LGBT community.”

GLAAD, a top advocacy organization for the LGBT community, called the comments “vile and extreme” and said Robertson’s statements are “ littered with outdated stereotypes and blatant misinformation.”

Jindal was not the only prominent GOP political figure to weigh in on the controversy.

Former vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin expressed her support for Robertson in a Facebook post.

“Free speech is an endangered species. Those “intolerants” hatin’ and taking on the Duck Dynasty patriarch for voicing his personal opinion are taking on all of us,” she said.

And Texas Sen. Ted Cruz posted on his Facebook page that Americans should be "deeply dismayed" about Robertson's treatment.

"Phil expressed his personal views and his own religious faith; for that, he was suspended from his job," he said. "In a free society, anyone is free to disagree with him--but the mainstream media should not behave as the thought police censoring the views with which they disagree."

http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/12/19/21969918-louisiana-governor-defends-duck-dynasty-star?lite&GT1=43001

Jolie Rouge
12-20-2013, 10:09 AM
The “Duck Dynasty” family has issued its statement on Phil Robertson’s suspension for his remarks on homosexuality and sin. As posted on the Duck Commander site:

We want to thank all of you for your prayers and support. The family has spent much time in prayer since learning of A&E’s decision. We want you to know that first and foremost we are a family rooted in our faith in God and our belief that the Bible is His word. While some of Phil’s unfiltered comments to the reporter were coarse, his beliefs are grounded in the teachings of the Bible. Phil is a Godly man who follows what the Bible says are the greatest commandments: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart” and “Love your neighbor as yourself.” Phil would never incite or encourage hate.We are disappointed that Phil has been placed on hiatus for expressing his faith, which is his constitutionally protected right.We have had a successful working relationship with A&E but, as a family, we cannot imagine the show going forward without our patriarch at the helm. We are in discussions with A&E to see what that means for the future of Duck Dynasty. Again, thank you for your continued support of our family.

Jolie Rouge
12-20-2013, 10:31 AM
https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/548440_668196523211905_1572571653_n.png

Jolie Rouge
12-20-2013, 01:40 PM
https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1512457_668215163210041_2096081901_n.jpg

http://liberallogic101.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/liberal-logic-101-592.jpg

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1505021_10152113090401178_1918886804_n.png

BREAKING! Duck Dynasty Overnight Ratings – Marathon loses 6.4M viewers since last week!!
December 20, 2013

The overnight ratings are in for Duck Dynasty. One week ago, DD topped all of cable’s ratings with 8.885 million viewers. Last night, they free fell down the list to 2.521 million viewers.

That is a drop of 6.364 million viewers, or 71.6%.

Congratulations to everyone for restraint!

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/category/overnight-tv-ratings/tv-ratings-nielsen-overnight-cable-tv-show-ratings/

Jolie Rouge
12-20-2013, 06:12 PM
From the Patriots at Not On This Watch

It was a hit piece. It was brilliantly planned. Perfectly executed. There was no way the target could get out of this mess.

But it was Phil that was looking down the barrel. It was Phil that pulled the trigger. The left never saw it coming.
The liberal flock flew right past the duck blind and got blasted. What looked like the perfect opportunity to take out the Commander and his Dynasty has now backfired spectacularly.

Phil knew that he was in a position of power. He knew had the loyal support of millions of traditional, conservative Americans, and he took the risk that they would engage in the culture war on his side, if they only had the right motivation. And he really didn’t have anything to lose.

Phil and his family represent everything the radical leftists hate: Guns, hunting, family values, morality, marriage, traditional male/female roles, prayer, the Bible, Jesus, patriotism, straight talk (i.e., resistance to political correctness), and, probably most of all, entrepreneurial capitalism. They just couldn’t let that kind of thing stand – especially on a station that they owned.

The attacks over the past few years were subtle, played out mostly behind the scenes. Constant efforts were made to chip away at the show’s contents. The station tried to eliminate the prayer. The Robertson family would not bend. Phil, the family patriarch was fed up. So came up with a plan. He built a duck blind and lured the prey right into range.

The agreement to an interview with GQ was a stroke of genius. The Commander carefully thought through his message to make sure it contained all of the elements that would inflame the left and put A&E in a position where they would have to act. He talked about God, morality, and sin. He appealed to human logic, and he quoted scripture. He said things in a blunt manner, using clinical words and terms that could not be misinterpreted. He attacked behaviors and attitudes, but emphasized his love for the individual. He held firm to his faith and his beliefs. He refused to compromise. The article was published. It hit Drudge. Within hours the left was completely unhinged.

A&E is now caught in a triangulated crossfire between its corporate sponsors, the radical left, and the conservative right. Meanwhile, Phil has donned his camouflage and slipped peacefully back into the woods to watch the culture war erupt, sitting comfortably in his happy, happy, happy place.

Who will win in the end? My money is on the Duck. You just don’t mess with the Duck.

Shawn Rogers for Not On This Watch on Facebook & Twitter

Jolie Rouge
12-23-2013, 06:12 AM
Duck Dynasty’s Phil Robertson breaks his silence: Reality show star says he’s 'a lover not a hater' but REFUSES to back down from anti-gay comments
Duck Dynasty patriarch Phil Robertson is sticking by controversial comments he made about homosexuality to GQ magazine
He told MailOnline that he was simply quoting from the Bible in saying that homosexuality is a sin
In the GQ interview, Robertson said: 'Everything is blurred on what’s right and what’s wrong… Sin becomes fine. Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there... Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men'
Fans and supporters in his hometown of West Monroe, Louisiana have been vocal in support of Robertson
TV network A&E suspended Robertson from the show over the comments
A source close to the situation says they have no plans to fire him
Duck Dynasty regularly pulls in more than 12 million viewers

By Will Payne In West Monroe, Louisiana
PUBLISHED: 16:56 EST, 22 December 2013

Phil Robertson has spoken out for the first time since his homophobic comments in a magazine interview went public and refused to go back on his controversial remarks, saying: ‘I will not give or back off from my path.’

The Duck Dynasty patriarch led a small Bible study group in his home town church in West Monroe, Louisiana on Sunday, granting MailOnline exclusive access.

And the deeply religious outdoorsman stood by his incendiary statements – which saw him call homosexuality a sin and led to his suspension from the hit reality show by network bosses at A&E. During Sunday’s speech, he defended himself, saying he was simply quoting from the Bible and even went so far as to say Jesus could save gay people. ‘I love all men and women. I am a lover of humanity, not a hater,’ he added.

The 67-year-old has been slammed by gay rights groups since his interview in January’s issue of GQ magazine was made public last week. He was quoted as saying: 'It seems like, to me, a vagina - as a man - would be more desirable than a man’s anus. 'That’s just me. I’m just thinking: There’s more there! She’s got more to offer. I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I’m saying? But hey, sin: It’s not logical, my man. It’s just not logical.'

But despite the criticism Robertson has faced, his family and local community have come to his defense and stood firmly behind him.

Just before Sunday’s Bible study class started, one church-goer thanked Robertson for his comments. Robertson replied: ‘I didn’t think much of it at all, but it seems a lot of other people did’.

And at the end of the session he led a defiant prayer, which included the words, ‘I will not give or back off from my path because you conquered death, Father, so we are not worried about all the repercussions.’

Earlier he stood in front of the small class, at White's Ferry Road Church wearing his full camouflage suit and addressed the group for around 45 minutes. He said: ‘I have been immoral, drunk, high. I ran with the wicked people for 28 years and I have run with the Jesus people since and the contrast is astounding. ‘I tell people, "You are a sinner, we all are. Do you want to hear my story before I give you the bottom line on your story?"

‘We murder each other and we steal from one another, sex and immorality goes ballistic. All the diseases that just so happen to follow sexual mischief… boy there are some microbes running around now. ‘Sexual sins are numerous and many, I have a few myself. So what is your safest course of action? If you’re a man, find yourself a woman, marry them and keep your sex right there.

‘You can have fun, but one thing is for sure, as long as you are both healthy in the first place, you are not going to catch some debilitating illness, there is safety there. ‘Commonsense says we are not going to procreate the human race unless we have a man and a woman. From the beginning Jesus said, "It is a man and a woman." Adam was made and Eve was made for this reason. They left their fathers and mothers and be united to become one flesh, that’s what marriage is all about.

‘But we looked at it and said it was an outdated stereotype. When you look back at the human race, the sins have always been the same: We get high, we get drunk, we get laid, we steal and kill.

‘Has this changed at all from the time God burnt up whole cities because their every thought was evil?’

Then reading from the Bible he said, ‘The acts of the sinful nature are obvious. Sexual immorality, is number one on the list. How many ways can we sin sexually? My goodness. You open up that can of worms and people will be mad at you over it.

‘I am just reading what was written over 2000 years ago. Those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom. All I did was quote from the scriptures, but they just didn’t know it. Whether I said it, or they read it, what’s the difference? The sins are the same, humans haven’t changed. ‘If you give them the bad news, they’ll start kicking and screaming. But you love them more than you fear them, so you tell them.

‘A lot of times they don’t even wait for you to finish and say, ‘But there’s a way out, do you want to hear the rest of the story or what?

‘Jesus will take sins away, if you’re a homosexual he’ll take it away, if you’re an adulterer, if you’re a liar, what’s the difference? If you break one sin you may as well break them all.

‘If we lose our morality, we will lose our country. It will happen. Wouldn’t it be nice if we could all walk around without stealing from each other and killing each other? ‘Why don’t we just love each other enough that we wouldn’t want to do these things to each other?’

Robertson – who made his fortune from inventing and manufacturing hunting equipment before finding TV stardom – went on: ‘We are a bunch of rednecks from Louisiana, but I am not uneducated, I have a degree from Louisiana Tech. 'But this week I have been called an ignoramus. This week I have been asked, "Is this the first time you have brought up sin?" I said, "Are you kidding? I have been traveling to and fro spreading this message."

'Then he said, "Well do you invite yourself to go and get your Bible and tell people what you are now sharing with us?" I said, "No they are inviting me."

‘I have made hundreds and hundreds of speeches and you can pick them apart and the center has always been Jesus Christ.

‘Do many people get up and walk out? Yeah, all the time, do I hold it against them? No. Anybody can get up and stop listening. We are all just humans on this planet.’

He added: ‘Jesus Christ was the most perfect being to ever walk this planet and he was persecuted and nailed to the cross, so please don’t be surprised when we get a little static.’

After his Bible study group, Robertson and his class went downstairs and joined the rest of the thousand-strong congregation for a church service. Robertson’s eldest son, Pastor Alan led the middle part of the proceedings and he made reference to the nationwide attention the family has been under. ‘Well we’ve had a quite a quiet week, shot some ducks, done some shopping, ignited a national controversy,' he said.

A&E was quick to react to that controversy, suspending Robertson on Thursday and releasing a statement saying: ‘We are extremely disappointed to have read Phil Robertson's comments in GQ, which are based on his own personal beliefs and are not reflected in the series Duck Dynasty. ‘His personal views in no way reflect those of A&E Networks, who have always been strong supporters and champions of the LGBT community.

The network has placed Phil under hiatus from filming indefinitely.’ But the family hit back on Friday with their own release.

They wrote: ‘While some of Phil’s unfiltered comments to the reporter were coarse, his beliefs are grounded in the teachings of the Bible. Phil is a godly man who follows what the Bible says are the greatest commandments: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart” and “Love your neighbor as yourself.” Phil would never incite or encourage hate.

‘We are disappointed that Phil has been placed on hiatus for expressing his faith, which is his constitutionally protected right. We have had a successful working relationship with A&E but, as a family, we cannot imagine the show going forward without our patriarch at the helm. We are in discussions with A&E to see what that means for the future of Duck Dynasty.’

Yesterday Entertainment Weekly claimed that despite his suspension, Robertson will be back on the hugely popular show – which regularly pulls in 12 million viewers – when filming recommences in January.

They quoted a source saying: ‘The network also hopes the media and fan furor will cool down over the holidays and that tensions over shooting future episodes can then be resolved. There’s no negotiation to have; we’re doing the show.’

That will come as welcome news to the people of West Monroe and much of the country, who have leaped to Robertson’s defense and said he has the right to speak his mind. Talking outside the Duck Commander store in downtown West Monroe on Friday, mother-of-two Kimberly Madrid from nearby Alexandria said: ‘We are Christians and we completely support Phil. This country has a proud history of freedom of speech and I believe Phil is the one who is being persecuted, because he has lost his job because of his religious beliefs.’

His return to the show may also appease sponsors and retailers, who have reacted nervously since his interview was made public. The Duck Dynasty brand is worth an estimated $400 million in merchandising.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2528043/Duck-Dynasty-family-seen-today.html#ixzz2oIqr3XBG

Jolie Rouge
12-23-2013, 06:13 PM
Duck Dynasty’ Family Hits Back After Phil Robertson Suspension
By Matthew Sheffield | December 23, 2013

Less than a week after Phil Robertson was suspended by A&E from the hit show Duck Dynasty, the hunting equipment mogul and his family are pushing back. Speaking with the British Daily Mail newspaper, a “source close to the family” said that the network was aware of the controversial things that Robertson had said in an interview but declined to suppress them even though it could have. “It is our belief that they knew what was going to happen and then used the situation to exercise control over Phil,” the newspaper’s source said.

Robertson was suspended by the network over coarsely worded comments he made in an interview with GQ magazine which condemned homosexuality as an irrational sin. He framed his condemnation in Christian terms saying that despite his view that being gay was wrong, it was his duty to “just love ’em, give ’em the good news about Jesus.”

Robertson also came under fire for making a reference to the time before the modern welfare state and said that black Americans were “happy” with their situation at that time, even though that time also included state-mandated racial segregation.

According to the Daily Mail’s source, A&E was aware that Robertson had said such things but declined to suppress the quotes:

“You have to ask yourself, why this interview happened and why it ever became public. Someone from A&E was there and was aware of the kind of answers Phil was giving. But despite that, they didn’t ever try to stop it or control it. Instead, they let it hit the headlines and then released a statement condemning it.”

The paper’s source claimed that the reason A&E was seeking to bring Robertson into line was that the Duck Dynasty phenomenon had become something they could no longer control.

“It is our understanding that when the TV executives came up with the concept for the show they wanted it to be a case of people laughing at a bunch of backward rednecks,” the source is quoted as saying. “But when it didn’t turn out like that and people actually started identifying with the way the family behaved and were laughing with them, not at them, they became uncomfortable. It did not sit well with the New York TV types.”

The attempt to rein in Robertson appears not to have worked, however. Besides setting off a firestorm among fans of the show, the family indicated last week that it was contemplating parting ways with A&E over the suspension. “We have had a successful working relationship with A&E but, as a family, we cannot imagine the show going forward without our patriarch at the helm,” the family said in a statement released last Friday.

In a sermon he delivered yesterday, Robertson defended himself saying that he was merely quoting from the Bible in saying that homosexuality was sinful:

“I am just reading what was written over 2,000 years ago. Those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom. All I did was quote from the scriptures, but they just didn’t know it. Whether I said it, or they read it, what’s the difference? The sins are the same, humans haven’t changed.”

Robertson was referencing 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 which states:

“Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.”

In the speech, Robertson said that quoting the Bible is not inciting hate and that he himself loved gay people as much as anyone else. “‘I love all men and women. I am a lover of humanity, not a hater,” he was quoted as saying.

Regardless of the ultimate fate of the Duck Dynasty show, Entertainment Weekly reported last week that the new season which begins in January will not have Phil Robertson edited out of the scenes.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matthew-sheffield/2013/12/23/duck-dynasty-family-hits-back-after-phil-robertson-suspension#ixzz2oLmvwIFR

Jolie Rouge
12-24-2013, 12:11 PM
http://therestlessreformed.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/photo.jpg?w=1142&h=1136

http://therestlessreformed.wordpress.com/2013/12/22/a-gay-mans-take-on-phil-robertson-and-the-ae-controversy/

Jolie Rouge
12-28-2013, 06:29 PM
https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/933908_646025288786293_935148813_n.jpg

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/933908_646025288786293_935148813_n.jpg

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1544595_10152465943640898_950569791_n.jpg

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1544595_10152465943640898_950569791_n.jpg

"Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views,
but then are shocked and offended to discover
that there are other views."
~ William F. Buckley, Jr

Jolie Rouge
12-31-2013, 12:03 PM
Watch the 2009 Video That Has Phil Robertson Under Fire Yet Again
Dec. 31, 2013 12:06am Jason Howerton

Left-leaning bloggers have unearthed a 2009 video of embattled “Duck Dynasty” star Phil Robertson that they claim features him advising grown men to marry underage girls. We will lay out exactly what he said, along with the short video that is circulating, and let you decide for yourself if that’s what he is advocating or if there is more to his comments.

During a Sportsmen’s Ministry retreat in Georgia back in 2009, Robertson starts by recalling a conversation he had with a young man who was dating a girl — but the two weren’t married. He says he provided the boy with some advice.

“Make sure that she can cook a meal. You need to eat some meals she cooks,” he said. “Make sure she carries her Bible — that will save you a lot of trouble down the road. And if she picks your ducks, now that’s a woman.”

He continued: “They got to where they’re getting hard to find. Mainly because these boys are waiting until they get to be about 20-years-old before they marry them. Look, you wait unit they get to be 20-years-old, the only picking that’s going to take place is your pocket. You gotta marry these girls when they are about 15 or 16 and they’ll pick your ducks.”

“You need to check with mom and dad about that of course,” Robertson advised. “The reason you Georgia boys can deer hunt, duck hunt, squirrel hunt, hog hunt, that’s the reason you can do it, what I’m holding in my hand right there. That’d be a Bible.”

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2013/12/30/phil_robertson_on_marriage_duck_dynasty_star_advis ed_men_to_find_15_year.html
http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2013/12/30/phil_robertson_on_marriage_duck_dynasty_star_advis ed_men_to_find_15_year.html

While Robertson’s critics argue he was advising grown men to marry teenagers, others will say he was simply advising boys and girls to get married young. He married his own wife, Kay, when she was 16 and he was 20.

Further, he specifically references “these boys,” possibly indicating he was speaking directly to boys in the audience. The difference between the two statements is quite significant, though many media outlets reporting on the video don’t appear to be in a rush to confirm the context of the comments.

Those who watch “Duck Dynasty” also likely understand that there is often a dose of exaggerated humor in statements made by Robertson. But no one really knows for sure exactly what he meant, except for Robertson himself.

Because of the scrutiny already on Robertson, it’s likely he will address the remarks at some point and clarify them. Until then, speculation will run wild.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/12/31/watch-the-2009-video-that-has-phil-robertson-under-fire-yet-again/

It’s clear to me he meant for people to marry young and with parental consent.
Now what does Georgia law say;

Georgia Marriage Age Requirements Laws
More Information on Marriage Age Requirements
Code Section 19-3-2, 19-3-37
Minimum Legal Age With Parental Consent Male: 16; Female: 16
Minimum Legal Age Without Parental Consent Male: 18; Female: 18
Comments Minors under minimum age may obtain license without parental consent in case of pregnancy or birth of child. Parents must appear before judge to consent to marriage.

http://statelaws.findlaw.com/georgia-law/georgia-marriage-age-requirements-laws.html

When the progressives find a video of Phil saying and doing what progs say and do to Children in Kindergarten and Elementary schools then I’ll be worried.

Its actually good advice. While its true that teens are inexperienced/immature, you have to pay attention to what he is saying in its entirety. He’s not advising ALL people to marry young. He is advising God fearing men to match themselves up with God fearing home makers, while they are available and pure. Both my grandparents met young and married young enjoyed a healthy marriage until death. My parents met at 15 and married at 21. All of them were Christ professing believers.

Ummmmm… I didn’t see anything in the quote that wasn’t actually in one of the Duck Dynasty episodes. They’re just now “unearthing” it? Sounds like they don’t watch the show.

Heaven forbid that these girls get married at such a young age but liberals say it is ok for them to have an abortion and not have to tell their parents or get their permission.

Well, he was 20 and his wife was 16 when they were married. It seems to have worked for them and Phil is recommending that other young men follow his example, right? He says “You need to check with mom and dad about that of course” — and indeed those “boys” (20 year old males) do need to check with mom and dad: typically states will allow a 16 year old to marry, but it requires parental consent.

Like what @ChuckStein said, he was indeed probably telling those boys to “follow his example.” The thing to remember is, back when Phil was growing up, marriages like his were much more common. My grandfather was almost a decade older when he married Grandma, who was in her early twenties at the time. Back in the 19th and early 20th centuries, marriages between teenagers, or mature men and teenage girls, was even more common than in Phil’s day. Interestingly, according to the U.S. Census info for marriages in 1850 (archived at the Minnesota Population Center), almost half of all marriages for that year were between men in their 20s to women in their teens. (Reference: Integrated Public Use Microdata Series: Version 3.0; Minneapolis, MN) This is all just an enormous culture shock to modern American youths, who would rather party till they’re 30 and get married later.

I completely disagree with him. You should wait to get married. Teenagers and even 20 year olds are idiots. Wait till you can support something other than yourself.

Seems divorce rates are higher with people waiting. The bible calls for no Pre marital wed and yet a makes prime is early twenties right? Seems old Phil is right on biblically.

Add to the fact God says to be fruitful and multiply and isn’t the least bit concerned with degrees and six figure salaries instead demanding a contentment in all situations , and again it seems Phil is right on.

We encourage people to wait until their degrees are finished and then they engage in promiscuity and fund the abortion machine.

Even if you don’t get knocked up you’re still breaking gods law and birth control combined with later first pregnancy ages than decades ago brings us to the infertility crisis we see. 28 is actually the are when women’s fertility decrease and most are delaying children past that age.

I think God knew what he was talking about when he told us to be fruitful. If the Christians had larger families… Maybe the crazy progressives wouldn’t have such power.

I’m not lining up to be the next Michelle dugger but I got married at 21 (just. A week after turning 21) had my first child a month after 22 and have 3 so far no more pregnancies planned but adoption in the works.

Large family by today’s standard but certainly not days of old.

Jolie Rouge
01-06-2014, 08:01 PM
Just when you thought the Duck dynasty and A&E fight was over, this bombshell is dropped.

The Robertson family feels that they have been let down by the increasing Liberal and biased A&E agenda.

Watch the interview with the Robertson family right here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=w9Ob8_7T-9U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=w9Ob8_7T-9U

http://conservativepost.com/duck-dynasty-cast-announces-final-episode-ae-special-bulletin/