PDA

View Full Version : NCIS news-Ziva leaving..

sunflowers
08-08-2013, 06:31 AM
Good news, Ziva fans: Cote de Pablo's character will live on!

Although De Pablo is leaving "NCIS," TVLine has reported that Ziva will not kick the bucket in her final two episodes of the CBS series.

“It’s not what this character deserves,” executive producer Gary Glasberg told the site. “Also, [we killed off] Sasha Alexander’s Kate character [back in Season 2] and I like the idea of doing this one a little different and respecting who [Ziva] is.”

As for De Pablo herself, the actress recently opened up to Latina magazine about her decision to leave the series.

“It was not an easy decision, not one taken lightly," she said. "I feel like I am leaving my family. What I want to say most of all is thank you to the fans and to the people who have been so supportive of me and of the show, who have made the show the great success that it is."

Viewers are especially sad to see De Pablo leave the series because her storyline with love interest Tony (Michael Weatherly) has yet to be resolved.

But ... "the will they/won't they is answered," Weatherly assured TV Guide, adding, "Tony's going to be forced to face this Sword of Damocles that's been hanging over him since Season 3."

Season 11 of "NCIS" premieres on Tues., Sept. 24 at 8 p.m. ET on CBS.