PDA

View Full Version : I need some help for a birthday party...

Airbuswife
05-14-2013, 08:17 PM
i have some questions that you may (hopefully!) be able to help me with for my daughter's 8th birthday party. what is a good party favor for kids, boys and girls, age 8-10? i was thinking stickers, but then i wasnt sure if that was too "kid" like... we are having her party at the local gymnastics place so the kids can play, but i know some of the parents will stay along with her aunts, big sister and grammy, what kind of food can i put out for big people as well as little people? lol!! i was thinking fruit kabobs, or just a big bowl of fruit (incase they dont like what i would put on the stick) and maybe cheese, crackers and meat? i also was thinking cake pops instead of a big cake or cupcakes. they are smaller and wouldnt make so much waste. i would appreciate *any* input! thanks for looking :)

pepperpot
05-14-2013, 08:44 PM
Bubbles & chalk.

For the adults... Chicken Caesar Salad. Grilled chicken breast cut into slices, chopped romaine, croutons, some grated cheese & dressing (toss in big bowl, serving platter or aluminum try).. Sam's club (if it's near you) sells Olive Garden's Caesar dressing, it's very good, so is Marie's from the supermarket (cold section). The cake (cupcakes/pops) should serve desert well for the adults too. Some cheese might be nice but if you do the salad, you could get away without it. Maybe some crusty french/Italian bread with butter as well?

Food for little people? Chicken nuggets? (If you can keep them warm), mac & cheese, carrot stick & ranch dip. Pigs in the blanket (crescent rolls around hot dogs).

I actually get rollitini tri-color pasta (cooked) add diced onion, green pepper, olives, etc. and Itaian Dressing. This goes over well. You can get creative and add diced pepperoni, salami, cheese (provolone works well), etc. (This works nice for backyard parties as well, keeps a few days in the fridge and tastes best the next day when it sets together but then you will add more dressing as the macaroni absorbs it.)

Chips.

Eyore
05-15-2013, 05:44 AM
You could buy some Cheese pizzas
children and adults both eat pizza, another thing is buy 3-4 different kinds lunch meat and roll it and put on a tray, also some cheese slices, maybe a loaf of bread if they want a sandwich they could make it or just eat the meat and cheese.
I would go with the fruit salad, easier to make and you won't have to worry about them turning brown depending on the fruit. If you decide on that.
You could go with hot dogs, cook at home put in crock pot to keep hot. Hamburger BBQ is something else.
Kids like pizza and hot dogs, adults will eat just about all things listed.
Chips, Pretzels,Popcorn are some sides.

As far as party favors not sure what to say there, maybe give each kid a book to read, mad libs is a book kids should like here is a link to what they are
http://www.itsamadlibsworld.com/index.php?p=definemadlibs
Or some kind of puzzle book.

wobblypops
05-15-2013, 11:10 AM
Sorry but I am no help. I wouldn't begin to know what to do for a child's bday party. I don't ever know what to do for my own.

Jolie Rouge
05-15-2013, 01:39 PM
Dollar Tree has books - simple toys and games - you could get summer "beach" toys .... make a Sand Box Cake ( same as a Dirt Cake but you use grahamn cracker crumbs for "sand" instead of oreos' for the "dirt" )