PDA

View Full Version : CBS cancels 'CSI: NY,' 'Vegas,' 'Rules of Engagement,' 'Golden Boy'

sunflowers
05-11-2013, 05:32 AM
CBS has canceled "CSI: NY," "Vegas," "Rules of Engagement" and "Golden Boy."

"CSI: NY," a spinoff of CBS's popular "CSI," had run for nine seasons.

"Vegas," a freshman drama starring Michael Chiklis and Dennis Quaid, premiered last year to promising numbers, but its numbers fell off. In a discouraging sign for the series' fate, it was shifted to Friday nights earlier this year. Its original Tuesday night timeslot was taken by "Golden Boy," which has now also been canceled.

The comedy "Rules of Engagement" was in its seventh season.

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=807208

baragabrat
05-11-2013, 06:29 AM
I don't watch the other 2 shows (tried to watch Golden Boy but couldn't), but I'm not surprised that CSI:NY has been canceled. I don't know how it lasted this long. Although I taped it, there were lots of shows I FF through because it was boring. I also missed Melina Kanakaredes, who played Stella Bonasera . I like Sela Ward a lot but I didn't like her in her Jo Danville role. *Yawn* I'm sure it's just a matter of time before the original CSI follows suit. I really really really miss William Petersen. Although I like Ted Danson quite a bit, he's no Gil Grissom! Not a fan of Elizabeth Shue whatsoever.

I also feel that Criminal Minds needs to go too. It's all a rehash of what's been done. I'm not sure that you can ever keep shows like these fresh. It used to be my fave and I always tape it but it's just getting to be the 'same ole same ole.' When I've done certain surveys in the past and they've asked what my favorite TV show is I always answered Criminal Minds. I was just asked a couple days ago and thought of Criminal Minds and realized that Big Bang Theory is actually my fave. It unabashedly makes me laugh out loud!

BeanieLuvR
05-11-2013, 06:43 AM
I watched all three of the dramas and will be sad to see them go. :(

Jolie Rouge
05-11-2013, 09:46 AM
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOo

Jolie Rouge
05-11-2013, 09:49 AM
"Vegas," a freshman drama starring Michael Chiklis and Dennis Quaid, premiered last year to promising numbers, but its numbers fell off. In a discouraging sign for the series' fate, it was shifted to Friday nights earlier this year. Its original Tuesday night timeslot was taken by "Golden Boy," which has now also been canceled.

I loved "Vegas" but loathed "Golden Boy" - there were a lot of people who refused to watch GB because it bumped "Vegas" from it's Tuesday slot...

baragabrat
05-11-2013, 04:23 PM
I loved "Vegas" but loathed "Golden Boy" - there were a lot of people who refused to watch GB because it bumped "Vegas" from it's Tuesday slot...

And usually once something hits Friday they are done for. Kind of interesting that Grimm has moved from Friday to Tuesday. Guess it's really doing well to warrant the move.