PDA

View Full Version : Are you a flasher??

3lilpigs
04-01-2013, 02:28 PM
Do you flash your high beams at oncoming cars, to warn them of a hiding police car?

(:lol, what did you think I meant by flasher??)

I hate when people do that.(I also hate when radio stations tell where the cops are hiding, during their traffic reports) Why would you want to warn someone who is speeding, that there's a cop ahead?? If he's speeding, he deserves to be caught. (and yeah, if I'm speeding, I admit, it's my fault).

I look at it this way. Pulling that speeder over could save someones life. There could be children or a school bus ahead, and he'd never be able to stop in time.

Eyore
04-01-2013, 02:34 PM
Nope, don't flash lights, unless it is night and they have their high beams on, then I will flash to try to get them to turn them down.

I always wonder why they tell people where they are having check points. Gee, don't the drinkers read the paper or listen to the radio? I always thought that was dumb.

BeanieLuvR
04-01-2013, 03:57 PM
No, I don't do it. It is actually against the law to do it here. A coworker of my husband got ticketed for doing it. I hate when they tell where they have check points. If you are drinking and driving then you need to be stopped and ticketed.

pepperpot
04-01-2013, 04:14 PM
I always said, they don't give out tickets for doing things right and if you are doing things right (follow the law & letter) you have nothing to worry about. I get some interesting defensive lines about that. :lol usually from those who violate them and get tickets.... :rolling

wobblypops
04-01-2013, 11:48 PM
I'm a flasher and I speed. I can't help it

okie
04-02-2013, 12:11 PM
It's against the law here also.