PDA

View Full Version : New Desert at McD's

Jolie Rouge
06-28-2012, 08:29 AM
McDonald's Introduces S'mores Pie for Summer

June 28, 2012 at 8:30AM by Kiri Tannenbaum

http://www.delish.com/cm/delish/images/LQ/smores-pie-mcdonalds.png

In advance of National S'mores Day and National S'mores Month, which both fall in August, McDonald's has added a new dessert to their roster: Baked S'mores Pie.

Dessert sightings were first reported in Florida, where customers said the marshmallow and chocolate-filled hand-held pies were coming out of McDonald's oven. But we learned the campfire favorite is actually now offered nationwide. McDonald's locations across the country began selling the sweet on June 18 with confirmation from the mega-chain's publicist that the product will be available for a limited time through September 11, 2012. (Eleven days past the honorary month.)

How does the baked pie hold up against its fire-roasted sibling?

According to the blog theimpulsivebuy.com, the warm pie was brimming with chocolate, which leaned more towards dark than milk, and it was "buttery, dense, and mercifully not too sweet." Though the chocolate and marshmallow is enveloped in a graham cracker-based pie crust, the shell, unfortunately, didn't get the thumbs up from the blogger.

Wonder how the nutritional profile for Baked S'mores stacks up? It's got 290 calories, 12 fat grams, 41 grams of carbs, and 210 mg sodium. On the bright side, the dessert gives you 2g of your daily fiber!

Have you tried McDonald's S'mores Pie yet? What did you think?

http://www.delish.com/food/recalls-reviews/mcdonalds-introduces-smores-pie

Was anyone brave enough to try the BK Bacon Sundae ?

ilikefree
06-29-2012, 07:52 AM
Not a bad idea, but I don't care for that much marshmallow. Would rather make my own over the campfire.

3lilpigs
06-29-2012, 07:56 AM
We've had them about a month at our Mc's......they seem to sell pretty well. Not as good as apple pie though.

I haven't tried them, I don't like Smores anyhow.

My sister tried them....she said "Eh".

lol

pepperpot
06-29-2012, 08:21 AM
I had a strawberry cheesecake one last year. It was very limited and pretty good. S'mores in general are just too sweet for me.

Jolie Rouge
06-29-2012, 08:41 AM
I look at the pic and think it would have been better to have the chocolate on the bottom and marshmellow on the top ... instead of side-by-side... so you could get a taste of both with each bite.

Eyore
06-29-2012, 09:03 AM
I don't care for marshmallow and I'm not a big chocolate eater either, but besides that I usually won't try anything that is limited time only like that.

BeanieLuvR
06-29-2012, 09:32 AM
No, I'm not a big s'mores fan. I do have to say I tried their holiday one and it was very good.