PDA

View Full Version : Swagbucks - TV (Watch & Earn) - VIRUS WARNING

estmann
06-16-2012, 07:39 PM
Warning

The last 5 times I have run a Swagbucks TV video I have received a virus and been redirected to a strange site.

All times I accessed the video from a msg in my Swagbucks inbox.

I will try to write swagbucks, but beware in the meantime.

devin
06-17-2012, 05:28 AM
that happened to me the other day...locked up my computer had to force a shutdown to close the pop-up page..i think it's might be a site trying to get you download their virus program or software program.

Pinll2
06-17-2012, 05:11 PM
i agree, i got the same thing , hope they fix it soon'

cathyg
06-18-2012, 01:09 PM
Thank you for the warning.

Pinll2
06-20-2012, 06:18 PM
Has anyone found out if swagbucks fixed there video's?,hate to try it and get another virus,thanks

Pinll2
06-22-2012, 09:12 AM
Thank you for your email. I sincerely apologize for the trouble with the SBTV videos. These have been tested and have not showed any trace of malicious software. Please be sure to check the settings on your anti-virus. I will forward this information over to the guys in charge of the tech support for them to take a look at it.

Your continued support is greatly appreciated. Have a great day ahead!

this is the reply that i got from swagbucks, my norton has been catching the virus's but hope they fix it soon

richd97
06-22-2012, 02:35 PM
I have not had this happen on any SB videos. Is everyone that this is happening to using the same antivirus? It could possibly be a false positive from your antivirus software. I have had this happen a few times, on different sites in the past, particularly after an update to the antivirus software.