PDA

View Full Version : ABC(The Glass House)

sunflowers
06-10-2012, 06:37 PM
Guess it is like Big Brother..airs June 18th at 10pm
America decides everything..

http://the-glass-house.abc.go.com/shows/the-glass-house/view-and-vote/?cid=abc_ss1_gls

BeanieLuvR
06-10-2012, 08:56 PM
I'm going to give it a try. Post spoilers if you get any, pretty please. :)

justme23
06-11-2012, 04:24 PM
I read somewhere that CBS filed suit over this show and production has been halted... is it still going to premiere?

sunflowers
06-11-2012, 04:43 PM
I read somewhere that CBS filed suit over this show and production has been halted... is it still going to premiere?

I read CBS wanted to, but it was still going to air since there were many differences in the shows..?????

justme23
06-11-2012, 10:40 PM
There is a restraining order in place but abc is asking a judge to throw it out. It's still on my tv schedule though so I guess we will see.

baragabrat
06-12-2012, 10:43 AM
It's definitely something I will check out. I read about CBS's problems with it in my TV Guide. Mondays are busy, TV-wise for me. I tape most shows but since I am already taping Eureka and Lost Girl I will have to watch it, ads and all (yuck.)

sunflowers
06-12-2012, 05:50 PM
Continuing to press for a temporary restraining order to keep ABC's "The Glass House" from premiering Monday, CBS said Tuesday that ABC's lawyers had failed to point out any substantive differences between "The Glass House" and CBS's long-running "Big Brother."

CBS asked for the order last week, arguing that "The Glass House" has not only stolen the concept of "Big Brother" -- 12 to 14 people live in a house where their moves are constantly monitored -- but also poached former staffers from "Big Brother" and stolen production techniques.

ABC offered a series of defenses in a filing late Monday, but in its response Tuesday, CBS said none of them addressed its chief argument: that ABC's show had committed copyright infringement and stolen trade secrets. CBS contends that ABC has defended its show by pointing only to "trivial rule changes" that differentiate it from "Big Brother."

A judge is expected to rule ahead of the planned Monday premiere date for "The Glass House."

ABC said Monday in its opposition to the request for a restraining order that CBS' effort to keep its show off the air was "wholly unprecedented," and challenged CBS' suggestion that "Big Brother" was unique.

"To begin, there is no 'secret sauce' in 'Big Brother''s production process," ABC's lawyers said. They said "Big Brother" uses "commonly known equipment, jobs, and ways of doing things in reality television production."

Also on TheWrap: ABC Files Opposition to CBS Request for Restraining Order for 'Big Brother'-Like 'Glass House'

ABC acknowledged that its show wasn't particularly original, either: "[N]one of the alleged similarities shared by 'Big Brother' and 'The Glass House' involve copyright protectable elements -- they are all generic staples of the reality show genre: people living in a house, competing with each other to avoid elimination, and winning a prize," ABC attorneys wrote.

CBS' filing Tuesday jumped on that contention. Quoting the ABC language in the paragraph above, it said, "That is as useful as saying that Sherlock Holmes lacks copyrightable expression because it is just 'the idea of a detective and a sidekick, who live in London, and use disguises and forensic science to solve crimes.'"

CBS' attorneys said ABC had failed to point out a single show, aside from "Big Brother," that was similar to "The Glass House."

BeanieLuvR
06-12-2012, 07:02 PM
This is getting interesting. :D

baragabrat
06-12-2012, 08:32 PM
...especially if they allow it to air. It will succeed or fail on its own merit. Let US decide if we want to watch or not. But I am STILL BB fan! That won't change.

sunflowers
06-15-2012, 04:41 PM
'Glass House' Lawsuit: ABC Scores Victory for Now
Judge denies CBS' request for a temporary restraining order against the series
By Tim Kenneally
TheWrap
ABC scored a victory -- at least for now -- in the lawsuit over its upcoming reality series "Glass House" on Friday, as U.S. District Judge Gary Feess temporarily denied CBS' request for a temporary restraining order against the series, which is scheduled to premiere June 18.

Lawyers for both sides are currently arguing their sides before Feess.

CBS is suing ABC over the series, claiming that "Glass House" employs proprietary information from its own series "Big Brother," obtained from numerous employees that formerly work on the CBS reality competition.

"Finding the public's interest in access to the documents at issue to be outweighed by the potential damage to the parties resulting from disclosure of confidential trade secret information, the Court orders that CBS be allowed to file the documents under seal," Feess wrote in the order.

CBS filed its suit in May, claiming that the similarities between the two series, which both feature a group of strangers being filmed cohabiting in a house while competing against each other, are too many to be coincidental.

ABC has countered that the similarities brought up by CBS so far are merely staples shared by numerous reality series. The network also denies that it has poached former "Big Brother" staffers to create a copycat series with "Glass House," countering that the group has worked together on a series since "Big Brother," and they were brought together once again because they have developed a good working relationship.

sunflowers
06-18-2012, 08:04 PM
stupid!!!!

baragabrat
06-18-2012, 08:55 PM
stupid!!!!

LOL! I haven't seen it yet but by your comment I assume it doesn't hold a candle to BB. I asked hubby how he liked it (he watched it and I taped it) and he said he's reserving his opinion. I'll watch tomorrow while I ride my bike. Gives me something to do.

sunflowers
06-19-2012, 05:51 AM
LOL! I haven't seen it yet but by your comment I assume it doesn't hold a candle to BB. I asked hubby how he liked it (he watched it and I taped it) and he said he's reserving his opinion. I'll watch tomorrow while I ride my bike. Gives me something to do.
does not even compare 1 min in and I was like...stupid...and it never got any better...to many interuptions from fans/tv monitor..(you will understand once you see)
Glad it is only 1x a week...it wont last!!

baragabrat
06-19-2012, 02:58 PM
I'll watch this but you're right, Sunflowers, it does not compare. They're trying to fit what BB does in 3 days, into 1.

justme23
06-20-2012, 06:37 PM
I will never be able to handle that douchebag.

sunflowers
06-21-2012, 06:00 AM
"Dancing on the Stars" sarcastically announced as new "original" reality show

By Tim Molloy
TheWrap
Add mockery to the many ways CBS is fighting ABC over "Glass House."

After going to court to try unsuccessfully to stop the airing of the new ABC reality show, which resembles CBS' "Big Brother," CBS on Wednesday released a blisteringly sarcastic press release in which it announced plans to rip off ABC's "Dancing With the Stars."

CBS says in the release that its supposed new show, "Dancing on the Stars," is an "exciting and completely original reality program that owes its concept and execution to nobody at all."

Bing: 'Big Brother' vs. 'Glass House'

The release comes after a judge declined to block "Glass House" from premiering Monday.

"Glass House," like "Big Brother," features several people living together in a closely monitored house, and its production team includes many former "Big Brother" staffers. CBS is accusing ABC of copyright infringement and stealing trade secrets.

CBS' mocking release ends with a prediction that ABC won't complain about its new show "Dancing on the Stars," since "people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones."

BeanieLuvR
06-21-2012, 06:54 AM
I really don't think CBS has anything to worry about. I will watch Glass House if there is nothing else on. BB is a can't miss show for me and Glass House will never be that. There are too many interruptions and it feels more staged. It barely held my attention. I'm glued to the tv when BB is on. :D

sunflowers
06-26-2012, 05:30 AM
a little better since that annoying guy is gone...

baragabrat
06-26-2012, 04:53 PM
Not much. I'm done. When I have to fast forward through a lot of a show, I believe that's an indication that it's a waste of my time, precious as it is. LOL!