PDA

View Full Version : Surgery has been scheduled

MsLynn
03-29-2012, 06:20 PM
got the call today, had my biopsy 2 days ago, and nurse called and told me it will be on the 16th at 8am. have to be at the hospital at 6am. my uterus is 3 times its normal size, i have a huge tumor on the right side... she believes its fibroid, but since its so big it has to come out anyway, going to wait to biopsy it till its out.. now that its scheduled and its a reality, I'M SCARED TO DEATH.

justme23
03-29-2012, 06:37 PM
You will do great. Don't let them take your ovaries unless there is no option. Be praying for you.

gmyers
03-29-2012, 07:01 PM
I really hope it turns out ok for you. I'll pray it does.

SLance68
03-29-2012, 07:38 PM
Keeping you in my prayers. I can only imagine how scared you are - I know I would be scared to death also.

MsLynn
03-29-2012, 07:51 PM
You will do great. Don't let them take your ovaries unless there is no option. Be praying for you.

everything is going but the left ovary... right now she's thinking thats all she can save.

baragabrat
03-29-2012, 08:13 PM
Trusting in God that He will guide the surgeon's hand. Praying for a full and speedy recovery. I'm asking for peace for you in this. It must be scary but that doesn't mean you have to let it control you....which is why a prayer for peace.

CARROLIN
03-29-2012, 11:09 PM
Mslynn...i replied on your last post, but i probably didn't see it 'til you got the latest news,
so what i'm gathering from this post is that your having a "partial" hysterectomy? Oh, sweetie, i'm
so sorry. Truthfully, are you wanting to have another child? Because i believe your my age, and i don't
want you to have to go thru another surgery...why are they trying to save 1 ovary? Hormones maybe?
I'm scared now...you are such a great friend, it's just what you posted the last time...something like
they knew you had a check? Lol i know that was a lil' comic relief, 'cuz i do it all the time...mainly 'cuz
i've beaten the odds for the last 3 years, and i love to spread hope and faith. I could tell you more,
but this isn't about me...if you need me, i'm strong enough right now to come and sit with you when you
are at home recouping from the surgery. I can help with the sponge baths, and won't mind cooking you
anything ya want...lol! Just not a turkey...can't lift it outta the oven. And when you need to get to bathroom,
i'm the perfect trolley...just grab a hold of my wheelchair handles, and i'll get you their at your pace. You are gonna
be sore in the tummy. If you think i'm bs'n... Pm me. I'll help! Plus i'm up about every 2 hrs to pee myself, so i will
be able to make sure you get your meds on time...ha! That came out nasty sounding...i wash my hands with a
sanitizer
more than most nurses...and how many docs cleanse their stethescope between each patient with the flu?

Hope you got a few giggles, but my offer to help is genuine. My prayers are always there.

Soft and loving smiles.
Carrolin

pepperpot
03-30-2012, 06:36 AM
Prayers being sent. Keep the faith that all will turn out alright. ((Lynn))

sunniekiss
03-30-2012, 07:16 AM
Are you having it done laproscopy, abdominal or vaginal? You will get through it. You have hundreds of "sisters" praying for you & holding your hand.

BeanieLuvR
03-30-2012, 12:40 PM
You are in my thoughts and prayers for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery. :hug

CARROLIN
03-30-2012, 12:55 PM
are you having it done laproscopy, abdominal or vaginal? You will get through it. You have hundreds of "sisters" praying for you & holding your hand.

amen.

MsLynn
03-31-2012, 06:33 AM
CARROLIN.. you are a doll, i really appreciate your officer, but i should have plenty of help.... I'm 42 and no more kids for me, lol... she's trying to save the left ovary for the hormones so i'm not thrown directly into menopause... I know its all for the best just hope that its all benign ...

she is going to try to do the surgery laproscopic/vaginally, but she's not sure if she can because of the size of the uterus/tumor... but said she would try before she cut me open, lol...

AND I THANK YA'LL LADIES SO MUCH FOR THE PRAYERS.

sunniekiss
03-31-2012, 10:55 AM
Ok I was 40 when I had mine done. I had everything removed so I went right into instant menopause. I told I was going to just have a laproscopy done & "possible" vaginal hysterectomy but that would only be done if he suspected ovarian cancer. If not he wouldn't do anything & we would discuss any further action or surgery at a later date.

I woke-up to a complete abdominal hysterectomy. It was painful to say the least. I couldn't leave the hospital until I went #2 which being cut open from side to side wasn't an easy task. It is alot like a c-section only you have had an organ removed.

let me know if you need to talk.

MsLynn
03-31-2012, 02:19 PM
Thanks Sunnie.. i'm just scared because of my family's history of cancer.. I mean no one has died at my age because of medical problems, but it still scares me to death... plus the fact that they found something on my mammogram isn't helping... but i know that whatever it was, was caught early enough to be manageable.

sunniekiss
04-01-2012, 09:13 AM
Ms Lynn I totally understand. There is cancer on both sides of my family. My life revolves around doctor appointments, tests & scans. I have had so many IV's & blood tests that my veins are totally shot. I just celebrated my 2 year anniversary from breast cancer-free.

PM me if you need to talk.

magickay
04-10-2012, 04:35 PM
Hope you are well - I had a complete hysterectomy in my early 30s (abdominal, bikini-cut) - fibroid the size of a large grapefruit, and endometriosis, so both ovaries ended up getting taken as well. Was on hormone replacement therapy, but was never good about remembering to take the pills. Gave them up, and didn't seem to have any wild menopausal symptoms. (Hormones affect everyone differently, but that was my experience with it.) Recovery went well - three days in the hospital, home for a couple of weeks, following my surgeon's advice to lie down for a nap every day to reduce the pull of gravity while the body healed. No vacuuming while healing :) But no driving for at least two weeks until the doctor cleared me.