PDA

View Full Version : 24 hour weather change

sunniekiss
02-17-2012, 08:56 AM
Yesterday we went from 32 with snow and sleet to sunny and almost 50 right now. Can Spring possible be in the air?

3lilpigs
02-17-2012, 09:08 AM
I hope not.

I still haven't had my snow yet!!

I'm only 4-5 hours from you, I don't get it!

Stop hogging it all! :lol

sunflowers
02-17-2012, 09:49 AM
Well it will be in the 80s here this weekend/coming week...we never really got a winter...lol
Lots of robins at the bird feeder...

sunniekiss
02-17-2012, 10:22 AM
Let me clarify...the city I work in got 1" of snow. I live in a valley 10 miles away & we had rain. Looks like we are going to get lucky & kiss a huge snowmaker on Sunday.
I am so ready to throw my Uggs & sweaters & get out flip flops & sundresses.

3lilpigs
02-17-2012, 10:24 AM
Looks like we are going to get lucky & kiss a huge snowmaker on Sunday.

I'll be right up!:marchmellow:

Eyore
02-17-2012, 11:01 AM
We had rain, then turned to snow got a dusting, then back to rain. Today sunny and around 47. Sounds like we had about the same weather Sunniekiss.

dv8grl
02-17-2012, 02:33 PM
It's super nice today in Nashillve, but we're supposed to get snow this weekend.

baragabrat
02-17-2012, 02:53 PM
We've had plenty of snow but wayyyyy less than usual and I keep waiting for the other shoes to fall and get one heck of a storm! I'm not optimistic enough at this point to think of spring just yet.

sunniekiss
02-20-2012, 07:39 AM
It's supposed to be in the 50's here most of the week. That is really early for us. I actually was able to hang laundry outside yesterday. I noticed that my blubs are all poking out of the ground! Noticed that my pool skimmer has a crack in it so I need to remember to pick one up very soon. So nice to be able to start thinking SPRING & SUMMER!

justme23
02-20-2012, 09:01 AM
Don't think it too quick... the weather liar just said last night that we're supposed to get an arctic blast (first one this season) beginning of next week... if we are gonna get it all the way down in Texas then yall are surely gonna get it worse. I'm sorry, I know you don't want it but we haven't had winter AT ALL this season and I really want that arctic blast... it's our last chance to kill off the mosquito's.

sunniekiss
02-27-2012, 07:41 AM
I don't think anything can ever kill mosquitos or palmetto bugs...not that I have any. In the 50's here today however I am freezing my butt off. I have heard reports of geese flying north so that's a good sign. No robins though but I have seen them here are early as my dad's birthday which would have been tomorrow.

Eyore
02-28-2012, 06:06 AM
We've been seeing and hearing the geese flying over for about a week or so here.

DAVESBABYDOLL
02-28-2012, 07:22 AM
We've been seeing and hearing the geese flying over for about a week or so here.

Her too.

We haven't had winter at all here. It snowed twice and next day was all gone lol. Today 43, tomorrow 61 and T-storms, Thurs back to 43, Fri. 57, Sat 42 rain/snow LMAO/WTF?

I'm like F it, lets bring the patio set out from the shed lol

justme23
02-28-2012, 08:41 AM
I don't guess any of us had much of a winter this year... that really bums me out... we may only get snow once or twice a year and it may usually only last a day (although last year it lasted a week, it was fantastic)... but damnit, I love my little bit of snow and I REALLY wanted it this year. It did snow this year, twice actually, but the first time lasted all of about an hour and only on roof tops and the second one didn't stick to anything... I was sad... my favorite winter activity is seeing my little dogs play in the snow... I think they even missed it. I know you guys who get tons of it are probably grateful though lol

Eyore
02-28-2012, 09:11 AM
Nope we haven't had much of a winter either, Sat was windy and snow showers, Sun was nice and about 55, Today is sunny a slight breeze and in the lower 40's.
I think Wed morning we are to get some freezing rain, changing to rain.

DAVESBABYDOLL
02-29-2012, 02:42 PM
Woke up to rain, rain, rain, now, It's 66 and SUNNY here ! My daughter is out in flip flops LMAO

ljtaylor
02-29-2012, 04:14 PM
I live in Northeast Ohio and we haven't had much of a winter either! Kids haven't even had a snow day yet, which is rare!