PDA

View Full Version : Homeowners Insurance?

hblueeyes
01-19-2012, 11:29 AM
Does it cover ambulance calls and transport in an emergency. We have no health coverage so I was wondering if it could fall under my homeowners policy.

TIA

Me

3lilpigs
01-19-2012, 11:48 AM
I doubt it. I only has to do with damage to your house, property and anything on it. (pools, sheds, etc...)

SLance68
01-19-2012, 12:56 PM
Only if someone was hurt on your property. I doubt it would cover the homeowner for stuff like that. They would usually deny the claim and say it should be under health insurance.

sunniekiss
01-20-2012, 08:35 AM
No it wouldn't be covered. When my EX broke my ankle, he left me on the floor & went to work, I had no one to drive me to the ER. Homeowners insurance would not cover me on anything. It only covers someone who isn't living in would home. Insurance said you aren't covered because basically you have to sue yourself.

hblueeyes
01-20-2012, 08:46 AM
That's what I thought but just wanted to check here before I called the insurance guy.

Me

Explorer 4x4'r
01-20-2012, 12:36 PM
be careful about starting a claim with your homeowners ins
I was told that if you even start a claim and want to shop around for better rates, that claim is visible to a new company. You can then be denied or you will be given a high quote