PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Quotes

Jolie Rouge
12-20-2011, 09:55 PM
"Oh, Christmas isn't just a day; it's a frame of mind"
~ Kris Kringle : "Miracle on 34th Street"

3lilpigs
12-21-2011, 08:23 AM
"Are you tired? Are you un-poopular? Do you pop out at parties?
Well the answers to all your problems are in this bittle lottle"

:lol

Lucy Ricardo (Vitameatavegamin)

3lilpigs
12-21-2011, 08:24 AM
"If common sense were common, everyone would have it"

Local radio announcer

Jolie Rouge
01-02-2012, 09:08 PM
"Harry Potter is all about confronting fears, finding inner strength and doing what is right in the face of adversity
…. Twilight is about how important it is to have a boyfriend."

~~ Stephen King

Jolie Rouge
01-04-2012, 11:39 AM
"Be the change that you want to see in the world."

~ Mahatma Gandhi

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness;
only light can do that.
Hate cannot drive out hate;
only love can do that."

~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Do not pray for easy lives.
Pray to be stronger men."

~ John F. Kennedy

"If you can’t feed a hundred people,
then just feed one."

~ Mother Teresa

"The opposite of love is not hate,
it’s indifference."

~ Elie Wiesel

"Kites rise highest against the wind, not with it."

~ Winston Churchill

"For to be free is not
merely to cast off one’s chains,
but to live in a way
that respects and enhances
the freedom of others."

~ Nelson Mandela

"All the world is full of suffering.
It is also full of overcoming."

~ Helen Keller

CARROLIN
02-01-2012, 01:18 AM
"When you are going through something hard, and are wondering where God is, remember a teacher is always quiet during a test."

I've always wanted to put that on my posts, but never could for some reason.

Smiles.
Carrolin

Jolie Rouge
02-08-2012, 05:25 PM
The wishbone will never replace the backbone.

- Will Henry

Jolie Rouge
07-16-2012, 05:02 PM
Realize that true happiness lies within you. Waste no time and effort searching for peace and contentment and joy in the world outside. Remember that there is no happiness in having or in getting, but only in giving. Reach out. Share. Smile. Hug. Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.

~~ Og Mandino (1923 - 1996)

Jolie Rouge
07-25-2012, 06:33 PM
“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.”

~~- Thomas Jefferson

Jolie Rouge
08-02-2012, 08:26 PM
“Nearly all men can stand adversity,
but if you want to test a man's character,
give him power.”

― Abraham Lincoln

Jolie Rouge
08-06-2012, 01:02 PM
Twenty years from now

you will be more disappointed

by the things that you didn’t do

than by the ones you did do.

So throw off the bowlines.

Catch the trade winds in your sails.

Explore.

Dream.

Discover

~~ Mark Twain.

Jolie Rouge
08-18-2012, 09:59 PM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s480x480/530128_208755439229502_764803751_n.jpg

CARROLIN
08-25-2012, 02:48 AM
A man who treats his woman like a princess is proof he was born an raised in the arms of a queen. - Moe Sylla.

S,ILES.
CARROLIN

AND I KOVE THE QUOTE BWFORE ME...A man who treats his woman like a princess is proof he was born an raised in the arms of a queen. - Moe Sylla. AS YOU CAN SEE MT FEYNOATD ISN'T WORKING...OR IT MAY BE MY HEAD!!! LMBO! HELP!

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...64803751_n.jpg

AW SHOOT! AND I LOVED THE QUOTE BEFORE ME...AS YOU CAN SEE. MY KEYBOARD ISN'T WORKING PROPERLY.

Jolie Rouge
08-25-2012, 06:58 PM
16 Most Hair-Raising General Mattis Quotes
July 9, 2010

Newly appointed chief of Central Command General James Mattis did not get where he is today by being polite and mild mannered. Mattis, who has been nicknamed "Mad Dog" and "Chaos" and was portrayed in the HBO Iraq War drama "Generation Kill," has a reputation for blunt speaking. Really blunt speaking. Here are some choice quotes collected by the defense writers who so admire him.

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/politics/2010/07/16-most-hair-raising-general-mattis-quotes/19387/

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." #mattisms

Jolie Rouge
11-15-2012, 09:50 PM
“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure.
I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle.
But if you can't handle me at my worst,
then you sure as h ell don't deserve me at my best.”
― Marilyn Monroe

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.”
― Mahatma Gandhi

“A room without books is like a body without a soul.”
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”
― Mae West

“Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.
Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.
Just walk beside me and be my friend.”
― Albert Camus

“If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.”
― Mark Twain

“A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.”
― Elbert Hubbard

“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
― Mahatma Gandhi

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”
― Martin Luther King Jr., A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches

“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.”
― Marilyn Monroe

Jolie Rouge
08-20-2013, 02:55 PM
One of the best speaches from The West Wing. But this one's by good ol' Leo McGary.

Leo McGarry ~ "The West Wing" : This guy's walkin' down a street when he falls in a hole. The walls are so steep he can't get out. A doctor passes by and the guy shouts up, "Hey you! Can you help me out?"

The doctor writes a prescription, throws it down in the hole, and moves on.

Then a priest comes along and the guy shouts up, "Father, I'm down in this hole; can you help me out?"

The priest writes out a prayer, throws it down in the hole and moves on.

Then a friend walks by. "Hey, Joe, it's me. Can ya help me out?"

And the friend jumps in the hole. Our guy says, "Are ya stupid? Now we're both down here."

The friend says, "Yeah, but I've been down here before and I know the way out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQJ6yqQRAQs

"President Josiah Bartlet: Good. I like your show. I like how you call homosexuality an abomination.

Dr. Jenna Jacobs: I don't say homosexuality is an abomination, Mr. President. The Bible does.

President Josiah Bartlet: Yes it does. Leviticus.

Dr. Jenna Jacobs: 18:22.

President Josiah Bartlet: Chapter and verse. I wanted to ask you a couple of questions while I have you here. I'm interested in selling my youngest daughter into slavery as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. She's a Georgetown sophomore, speaks fluent Italian, always cleared the table when it was her turn. What would a good price for her be? While thinking about that, can I ask another? My Chief of Staff Leo McGarry insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly says he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself or is it okay to call the police? Here's one that's really important because we've got a lot of sports fans in this town: touching the skin of a dead pig makes one unclean. Leviticus 11:7. If they promise to wear gloves, can the Washington Redskins still play football? Can Notre Dame? Can West Point? Does the whole town really have to be together to stone my brother John for planting different crops side by side? Can I burn my mother in a small family gathering for wearing garments made from two different threads? Think about those questions, would you? One last thing: while you may be mistaking this for your monthly meeting of the Ignorant Tight-@ss Club, in this building, when the President stands, ~ nobody sits. "

"West Wing" "For the Bible Tells Me So" is the subplot ... Midterms is the episode Season 2 ~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSXJzybEeJM

Jolie Rouge
09-11-2013, 01:19 PM
These glorious insults are from an era before the English language became boiled down to 4-letter words.

A member of Parliament to Disraeli: "Sir, you will either die on the gallows or of some unspeakable disease".
"That depends, Sir," said Disraeli, "whether I embrace your policies or your mistress".

"He had delusions of adequacy." -Walter Kerr

"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire." -Winston Churchill

"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." Clarence Darrow

"He has never been known to use a word that might send a reader to the dictionary." -William Faulkner (about Ernest Hemingway).

"Thank you for sending me a copy of your book; I'll waste no time reading it." -Moses Hadas

"I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." -Mark Twain

"He has no enemies, but is intensely disliked by his friends.." -Oscar Wilde

"I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a friend, if you have one." -George Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill.
"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second ... if there is one." - Winston Churchill, in response.

"I feel so miserable without you; it's almost like having you here." -Stephen Bishop

"He is a self-made man and worships his creator." -John Bright

"I've just learned about his illness. Let's hope it's nothing trivial." -Irvin S. Cobb

"He is not only dull himself; he is the cause of dullness in others." -Samuel Johnson

"He is simply a shiver looking for a spine to run up." -Paul Keating

"In order to avoid being called a flirt, she always yielded easily." -Charles, Count Talleyrand

"He loves nature in spite of what it did to him." -Forrest Tucker

"Why do you sit there looking like an envelope without any address on it?" -Mark Twain

"His mother should have thrown him away and kept the stork." -Mae West

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -Oscar Wilde

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts... for support rather than illumination." -Andrew Lang (1844-1912)

"He has Van Gogh's ear for music." -Billy Wilder

"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening.But this wasn't it." Groucho

Jolie Rouge
11-24-2013, 02:40 PM
https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/s403x403/1476252_554649857958589_827377856_n.jpg

Jolie Rouge
11-30-2013, 03:42 PM
Mark Twain’s Top 9 Tips for Living a Kick-Ass Life

You may know Mark Twain for some of his very popular books, but what you may not know is how much of a bad ass he was at living life. Here are a few tips for living an awesome life from Mark Twain.

“It’s no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.”

“Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.”

“When your friends begin to flatter you on how young you look, it’s a sure sign you’re getting old.”

You may know Mark Twain for some of his very popular books like Adventures of Huckleberry Finn and The Adventures of Tom Sawyer. He was a writer and also a humorist, satirist and lecturer.

Twain is known for his many – and often funny – quotes. Here are a few of my favourite tips from him.

1. Approve of yourself.

“A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval.”

If you don’t approve of yourself, of your behaviour and actions then you’ll probably walk around most of the day with a sort of uncomfortable feeling. If you, on the other hand, approve of yourself then you tend to become relaxed and gain inner freedom to do more of what you really want.

This can, in a related way, be a big obstacle in personal growth. You may have all the right tools to grow in some way but you feel an inner resistance. You can’t get there.

What you may be bumping into there are success barriers. You are putting up barriers in your own mind of what you may or may not deserve. Or barriers that tell you what you are capable of. They might tell you that you aren’t really that kind of person that could this thing that you’re attempting.

Or if you make some headway in the direction you want to go you may start to sabotage for yourself. To keep yourself in a place that is familiar for you.

So you need give yourself approval and allow yourself to be who you want to be. Not look for the approval from others. But from yourself. To dissolve that inner barrier or let go of that self-sabotaging tendency. This is no easy task and it can take time.

2. Your limitations may just be in your mind.

“Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.”

So many limitations are mostly in our minds. We may for instance think that people will disapprove because we are too tall, too old or balding. But these things mostly matter when you think they matter. Because you become self-conscious and worried about what people may think.

And people pick up on that and may react in negative ways. Or you may interpret anything they do as a negative reaction because you are so fearful of a bad reaction and so focused inward on yourself.

If you, on the other hand, don’t mind then people tend to not mind that much either. And if you don’t mind then you won’t let that part of yourself become a self-imposed roadblock in your life.

It is, for instance, seldom too late to do what you want to do.

3. Lighten up and have some fun.

“Humor is mankind’s greatest blessing.”

“Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand.”

Humor and laughter are amazing tools. They can turn any serious situation into something to laugh about. They can lighten the mood just about anywhere.

And a lighter mood is often a better space to work in because now your body and mind isn’t filled to the brim with negative emotions. When you are more light-hearted and relaxed then the solution to a situation is often easier to both come up with and implement. Have a look at Lighten Up! for more on this topic.

4. Let go of anger.

“Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured.”

Anger is most of the time pretty pointless. It can cause situations to get out of hand. And from a selfish perspective it often more hurtful for the one being angry then the person s/he’s angry at.

So even if you feel angry at someone for days recognize that you are mostly just hurting yourself. The other person may not even be aware that you are angry at him or her. So either talking to the person and resolving the conflict or letting go of anger as quickly as possible are pretty good tips to make your life more pleasurable.

5. Release yourself from entitlement.

“Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.”

When you are young your mom and dad may give a lot of things. As you grow older you may have a sort of entitlement. You may feel like the world should just give you what you want or that it owes you something.

This belief can cause a lot of anger and frustration in your life. Because the world may not give you what expect it to. On the other hand, this can be liberating too. You realize that it is up to you to shape your own life and for you to work towards what you want. You are not a kid anymore, waiting for your parents or the world to give you something.

You are in the driver’s seat now. And you can go pretty much wherever you want.

6. If you’re taking a different path, prepare for reactions.

“A person with a new idea is a crank until the idea succeeds.”

I think this has quite a bit of relevance to self-improvement.

If you start to change or do something different than you usually do then people may react in different ways. Some may be happy for you. Some may be indifferent. Some may be puzzled or react in negative and discouraging ways.

Much of these reactions are probably not so much about you but about the person who said it and his/her life. How they feel about themselves is coming through in the words they use and judgements they make.

And that’s OK. I think it’s pretty likely that they won’t react as negatively as you may imagine. Or they will probably at least go back to focusing on their own challenges pretty soon.

So what other people may say and think and letting that hold you back is probably just fantasy and barrier you build in your mind.

You may find that when you finally cross that inner threshold you created then people around you may not shun you or go chasing after you with pitchforks. :) They might just go: “OK”.

7. Keep your focus steadily on what you want.

“Drag your thoughts away from your troubles… by the ears, by the heels, or any other way you can manage it.”

What you focus your mind on greatly determines how things play out. You can focus on your problems and dwell in suffering and a victim mentality. Or you can focus on the positive in situation, what you can learn from that situation or just focus your mind on something entirely else.

It may be “normal” to dwell on problems and swim around in a sea of negativity. But that is a choice. And a thought habit. You may reflexively start to dwell on problems instead of refocusing your mind on something more useful. But you can also start to build a habit of learning to gain more and more control of where you put your focus.

8. Don’t focus so much on making yourself feel good.

“The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up.”

This may be a bit of a counter-intuitive tip. But as I wrote yesterday, one of the best ways to feel good about yourself is to make someone else feel good or to help them in some way.

This is a great way to look at things to create an upward spiral of positivity and exchange of value between people. You help someone and both of you feel good. The person you helped feels inclined to give you a hand later on since people tend to want to reciprocate. And so the both of you are feeling good and helping each other.

Those positive feelings are contagious to other people and so you may end up making them feel good too. And the help you received from your friend may inspire you to go and help another friend. And so the upward spiral grows and continues.

9. Do what you want to do.

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did so. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”

Awesome quote. And I really don’t have much to add to that one. Well, maybe to write it down and keep it as a daily reminder – on your fridge or bathroom door – of what you can actually do with your life.

http://thispageisaboutwords.com/mark-twains-top-9-tips-living-kick-ass-life/#comments

Jolie Rouge
12-20-2013, 01:51 PM
Capitalism : I have never heard this said as simply or as well. Class war at its best.

The folks who are getting the free stuff don't like the folks who are paying for the free stuff, because the folks who are paying for the free stuff can no longer afford to pay for both the free stuff and their own stuff.

And the folks who are paying for the free stuff want the free stuff to stop.

And the folks who are getting the free stuff want even more free stuff on top of the free stuff they are already getting!

Now... the people who are forcing the people who pay for the free stuff have told the people who are RECEIVING the free stuff that the people who are PAYING for the free stuff are being mean, prejudiced, and racist.

So... the people who are GETTING the free stuff have been convinced they need to hate the people who are paying for the free stuff by the people who are forcing some people to pay for their free stuff and giving them the free stuff in the first place.

We have let the free stuff giving go on for so long that there are now more people getting free stuff than paying for the free stuff.

Now understand this. All great democracies have committed financial suicide somewhere between 200 and 250 years after being founded.

The reason? The voters figured out they could vote themselves money from the treasury by electing people who promised to give them money from the treasury in exchange for electing them.

The United States officially became a Republic in 1776, 236 years ago. The number of people now getting free stuff outnumbers the people paying for the free stuff.

Failure to change that spells the end of the United States as we know it.

hblueeyes
12-20-2013, 10:17 PM
Sounds right.

Me

Jolie Rouge
12-29-2013, 12:26 PM
Please **SHARE** this! WRITTEN BY A COP: Everyone should take 5 minutes to read this.
It may save your life or a loved one's life. In daylight hours, refresh yourself of these things to do in an emergency situation...
This is for you, and for you to share with your wife, your children, & everyone you know. A

fter reading these 9 crucial tips, forward them to someone you care about. It never hurts to be careful in this crazy world we live in.

1. Tip from Tae Kwon Do :The elbow is the strongest point on your body. If you are close enough to use it, do!

2. Learned this from a tourist guide. If a robber asks for your wallet and/or purse, DO NOT HAND IT TO HIM. Toss it away from you... Chances are that he is more interested in your wallet and/or purse than you, and he will go for the wallet/purse. RUN LIKE MAD IN THE OTHER DIRECTION!

3. If you are ever thrown into the trunk of a car, kick out the back tail lights and stick your arm out the hole and start waving like crazy.. The driver won't see you, but everybody else will. This has saved lives.

4. Women have a tendency to get into their cars after shopping, eating, working, etc., and just sit (doing their checkbook, or making a list, etc. DON'T DO THIS!) The predator will be watching you, and this is the perfect opportunity for him to get in on the passenger side, put a gun to your head, and tell you where to go. AS SOON AS YOU GET INTO YOUR CAR , LOCK THE DOORS AND LEAVE.. If someone is in the car with a gun to your head DO NOT DRIVE OFF, Repeat: DO NOT DRIVE OFF! Instead gun the engine and speed into anything, wrecking the car. Your Air Bag will save you. If the person is in the back seat they will get the worst of it. As soon as the car crashes bail out and run. It is better than having them find your body in a remote location.

5. A few notes about getting into your car in a parking lot, or parking garage:
A.) Be aware:look around you, look into your car, at the passenger side floor , and in the back seat.
B.) If you are parked next to a big van, enter your car from the passenger door. Most serial killers attack their victims by pulling them into their vans while the women are attempting to get into their cars.
C.) Look at the car parked on the driver's side of your vehicle, and the passenger side.. If a male is sitting alone in the seat nearest your car, you may want to walk back into the mall, or work, and get a guard/policeman to walk you back out.

IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY. (And better paranoid than dead.)

6. ALWAYS take the elevator instead of the stairs. Stairwells are horrible places to be alone and the perfect crime spot. This is especially true at NIGHT!)

7. If the predator has a gun and you are not under his control, ALWAYS RUN! The predator will only hit you (a running target) 4 in 100 times; and even then, it most likely WILL NOT be a vital organ. RUN, Preferably in a zig -zag pattern!

8. As women, we are always trying to be sympathetic: STOP It may get you raped, or killed. Ted Bundy, the serial killer, was a good-looking, well educated man, who ALWAYS played on the sympathies of unsuspecting women. He walked with a cane, or a limp, and often asked 'for help' into his vehicle or with his vehicle, which is when he abducted his next victim.

9. Another Safety Point: Someone just told me that her friend heard a crying baby on her porch the night before last, and she called the police because it was late and she thought it was weird.. The police told her 'Whatever you do, DO NOT open the door..' The lady then said that it sounded like the baby had crawled near a window, and she was worried that it would crawl to the street and get run over. The policeman said, 'We already have a unit on the way, whatever you do, DO NOT open the door.' He told her that they think a serial killer has a baby's cry recorded and uses it to coax women out of their homes thinking that someone dropped off a baby.. He said they have not verified it, but have had several calls by women saying that they hear baby's cries outside their doors when they're home alone at night.

10. Water scam! If you wake up in the middle of the night to hear all your taps outside running or what you think is a burst pipe, DO NOT GO OUT TO INVESTIGATE! These people turn on all your outside taps full blast so that you will go out to investigate and then attack. Stay alert, keep safe, and look out for your neighbors!

Please pass this on This e-mail should probably be taken seriously because the Crying Baby Theory was mentioned on America 's Most Wanted when they profiled the serial killer in Louisiana I'd like you to forward this to all the women you know. It may save a life. A candle is not dimmed by lighting another candle.. I was going to send this to the ladies only, but guys, if you love your mothers, wives, sisters, daughters, etc., you may want to pass it onto them, as well. Send this to any woman you know that may need to be reminded that the world we live in has a lot of crazies in it and it's better to be safe than sorry.. Everyone should take 5 minutes to read this. It may save your life or a loved one's life.

Jolie Rouge
01-16-2014, 09:28 PM
"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart.

Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours.

Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life.

Seek to make your life long and of service to your people.

Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.

Always give a word or sign of salute when meeting or passing a stranger if in a lonely place.

Show respect to all people, but grovel to none.

When you arise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life and strength.

Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living.

If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies in yourself.

Touch not the poisonous firewater that makes wise ones turn to fools and robs them of their visions.

When your time comes to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death,
so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time
to live their lives over again in a different way.
Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home."

- Tecumseh.

Jolie Rouge
01-20-2014, 05:30 PM
A 50- something year old white woman arrived at her seat on a crowded flight and immediately didn't want the seat. The seat was next to a black man. Disgusted, the woman immediately summoned the flight attendant and demanded a new seat. The woman said "I cannot sit here next to this black man."

The fight attendant said "Let me see if I can find another seat."

After checking, the flight attendant returned and stated "Ma'am, there are no more seats in economy, but I will check with the captain and see if there is something in first class."

About 10 minutes went by and the flight attendant returned and stated "The captain has confirmed that there are no more seats in economy, but there is one in first class. It is our company policy to never move a person from economy to first class, but being that it would be some sort of scandal to force a person to sit next to an UNPLEASANT person, the captain agreed to make the switch to first class."

Before the woman could say anything, the attendant gestured to the black man and said, "Therefore sir, if you would so kindly retrieve your personal items, we would like to move you to the comfort of first class as the captain doesn't want you to sit next to an unpleasant person."

Passengers in the seats nearby began to applause while some gave a standing ovation.

** If you are against racism, share this. Side note/ fyi: Since sharing this we've come to learn that this is only a fictional story, but still worthy of posting.

Char
02-06-2014, 03:30 AM
"Getting older is not for sissies..." Bette Davis on The Tonight Show, late 80's.

Jolie Rouge
03-16-2014, 10:01 AM
65 Songs You Will Never Be Able To Listen To The Same Way Again

What you are about to read may change your life.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Vo_0UXRY_rY

1. Aerosmith’s “I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing” was originally written for Celine Dion.
2. The song “Torn” by Natalie Imbruglia is actually a cover. The original is by Ednaswap.
3. “Tainted Love” is a cover as well. The original is by Gloria Jones and came out in 1964.
4. ALSO “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun” is a cover by some dude. The original is by a guy named Robert Hazard.
5. One last one: “I Love Rock & Roll” is a cover. It was originally by The Arrows, not Joan Jett.
6. The song “Sweet Child of Mine” was written in five minutes.
7. The song “Like a Virgin” is actually about a guy getting over a breakup.
8. Little Richard’s “Tutti Frutti” is actually about anal sex.
9. The song “Summer of 69” by Bryan Adams is about 69’ing, like, sexually. In this interview, he said: “Some parts [of the song] are autobiographical, but the title comes from the idea of 69 as a metaphor for sex. Most people thought it was about the year 1969.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9f06QZCVUHg

10. Serial killer Aileen Wuornos was obsessed with Natalie Merchant’s “Carnival.” She requested they play it at her funeral.
11. Billy Joel’s “Only the Good Die Young” is about a man trying to convince a Catholic girl to lose her virginity to him.
12. Sarah McLachlan’s song “Angel” is about heroin addiction.
13. The song “Closing Time” by Semisonic is not about closing a bar, it’s about the birth of the lead singer’s daughter.
14. “Zombie” by The Cranberries is about terrorism in Northern Ireland.
15. “Slide” by The Goo Goo Dolls is about abortion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yP4qdefD2To

16. “Brick” by Ben Folds Five is also about abortion.
17. And “The Freshman” by The Verve Pipe is about abortion as well.
18. Shel Silverstein wrote “A Boy Named Sue.” He also wrote "On the Cover of the Rolling Stone"
19. “Gettin’ Jiggy wit It” was written by Nas.
20. The song “Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites” samples this YouTube video of a girl stacking cups. “OH MY GOSH.”

21. Justin Timberlake’s “Rock Your Body” was written by Pharrell for Michael Jackson’s final album, Invincible.
22. “…Baby One More Time” was rejected by TLC.
23. Rihanna’s “Umbrella” was supposed to be a Britney Spears song.
24. Leona Lewis was originally supposed to sing Rihanna’s “We Found Love.”
25. “Toxic” was intended for Kylie Minogue, not Britney Spears.
26. Britney Spears’ “I’m a Slave 4 U” was written for Janet Jackson.
27. “Semi-Charmed Life” is about a couple on a crystal meth binge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MyjTrwOMSO4

28. “1985” by Bowling for Soup is originally by the band SR-71.
29. “Red Red Wine” by UB40 was originally recorded by Neil Diamond
30. Prince wrote Sinead O’Connor’s “Nothing Compares 2 U.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=b0wfu3tOrtQ

31. “The Way” by Fastball is about an elderly couple who went missing and were later found dead in a ravine.
32. Bruce Springsteen wrote “Blinded by the Light.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yjxbOe7p8C0

33. “Since U Been Gone” was turned down by Pink and Hilary Duff before Kelly Clarkson recorded it.
34. Bruno Mars wrote CeeLo Green’s “Fuck You.”
35. “Me and Mr. Jones” by Amy Winehouse is about Nas.

36. Avril Lavigne helped write the Kelly Clarkson song “Breakaway.” It was meant to go on Avril’s first album, the one with “Sk8er Boi” and “Complicated,” but it didn’t really fit with her image.

37. “How Will I Know” by Whitney Houston was originally supposed to be for Janet Jackson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=m3-hY-hlhBg

38. Kylie Minogue’s “Can’t Get You Out of My Head” was written for S Club 7.
39. Jesse McCartney wrote Leona Lewis’ “Bleeding Love.”
40. Frank Ocean wrote the Justin Bieber song “Bigger.”

41. Aretha Franklin’s “Respect” was written by Otis Redding.
You can listen to his version here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qo3aeXZFZkg&feature=kp

42. “You Oughta Know” by Alanis Morissette is about Dave Coulier (from Full House).
43. “Ben” by Michael Jackson was originally intended for Donny Osmond.
44. Eve 6’s “Here’s to the Night” is about a one-night stand.
45. Miley Cyrus’ “We Can’t Stop” was originally intended for Rihanna.
46. “Bad” was originally supposed to be a duet between Michael Jackson and Prince.
( that would have been AWESOME ! )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PWgvGjAhvIw

47. The song “Hey Ya” by Outkast is actually about a man stuck in a loveless relationship.
48. The DMB song “Crash” is sung from the perspective of a peeping tom.
49. “Disturbia” by Rihanna was originally a Chris Brown song.
50. Billy Joel’s “Uptown Girl” MAY actually be about his then-fling, Elle Macpherson.
51. Peter Gabriel’s “In Your Eyes” is about his then-girlfriend, Rosanna Arquette.
52. Lori Lieberman wrote “Killing Me Softly,” not Roberta Flack.
53. Shania Twain or Faith Hill were both given the opportunity to record Beyoncé’s “Irreplaceable.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2EwViQxSJJQ

54. “Candle in the Wind” was originally written about Marilyn Monroe but rewritten about Princess Diana when she was killed and titled “Goodbye England’s Rose.”
55. Bob Marley’s “I Shot The Sheriff” is about birth control. Bob Marley didn’t want his girlfriend to take birth control pills. The doctor who prescribed the pills was the sheriff.
56. The song “There She Goes” by Sixpence None the Richer is about heroin. The song was actually originally by The La’s too.
57. LFO’s “Girl on TV” is about Jennifer Love Hewitt.
58. Usher’s “Burn” is about Chilli from TLC.
59. The song “Hollaback Girl” by Gwen Stefani was written in response to something Courtney Love said about Gwen in Seventeen magazine.
60. Madonna’s “Take a Bow” is reportedly about Sean Penn.

61. “Hero” by Mariah Carey was originally intended for Gloria Estefan.
62. Lady Gaga’s “Telephone” was originally written for Britney Spears. You can listen to Britney’s demo here.
63. Prince wrote The Bangles’ “Manic Monday.”
64. The song “Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds” is not about an LSD trip. It’s about a painting John Lennon’s son drew for him.
65. Prince’s song “1999” is about nuclear war.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/songs-youll-never-be-able-to-listen-to-the-same-way-again

Jolie Rouge
03-20-2014, 07:26 PM
The Big Giant Head: The yelling will cease or the killing will commence!

Jolie Rouge
03-22-2014, 06:01 AM
http://www.tickld.com/cdn_image_article/a_291_20140319214715.jpg

Jolie Rouge
05-14-2014, 02:44 PM
There is nothing
quite like a week at
SCOUT CAMP!

We know we can depend on each other
because a Scout is
TRUSTWORTHY

Every Scout supports his fellow Scouts,
his Patrol, and his Troop
because a Scout is
LOYAL

No Scout faces a challenge, a task
or a problem on his own
because a Scout is
HELPFUL

No Scout is left out
or feels lonely
because a Scout is
FRIENDLY

We are considerate of each other,
our leadership and the camp staff
because a Scout is
COURTEOUS

Everything that walks, flies and crawls
is safe from harm
because a Scout is
KIND

We cooperate together to achieve
because a Scout is
OBEDIENT

If the going gets tough no
one will be down for long
because a Scout is
CHEERFUL

We’ll take advantage of every opportunity
because a Scout is
THRIFTY

We will conquer every
challenge and overcome
every obstacle
because a Scout is
BRAVE

Our camp is spotless,
our speech is reserved,
and our thoughts are lofty
because a Scout is
CLEAN

We have respect and understanding
for each other, creation,
and the Creator
because a Scout is
REVERENT

Jolie Rouge
05-26-2014, 03:08 PM
https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1.0-9/s261x260/10407275_10154210880080085_5847522768044478434_n.j pg

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1.0-9/s261x260/10407275_10154210880080085_5847522768044478434_n.j pg

Jolie Rouge
05-28-2014, 06:07 PM
Family isn’t always blood. They’re the people in your life who appreciate having you in theirs – the ones who encourage you to improve in healthy and exciting ways, and who not only embrace who you are now, but also embrace and embody who you want to be. These people – your real family – are the ones who truly matter.

1. FREE YOURSELF FROM NEGATIVE PEOPLE.
Spend time with nice people who are smart, driven and likeminded. Relationships should help you, not hurt you. Surround yourself with people who reflect the person you want to be. Choose friends who you are proud to know, people you admire, who love and respect you – people who make your day a little brighter simply by being in it. Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you. When you free yourself from negative people, you free yourself to be YOU – and being YOU is the only way to truly live.

2. LET GO OF THOSE WHO ARE ALREADY GONE.
The sad truth is that there are some people who will only be there for you as long as you have something they need. When you no longer serve a purpose to them, they will leave. The good news is, if you tough it out, you’ll eventually weed these people out of your life and be left with some great people you can count on. We rarely lose friends and lovers, we just gradually figure out who our real ones are. So when people walk away from you, let them go. Your destiny is never tied to anyone who leaves you. It doesn’t mean they are bad people; it just means that their part in your story is over.

3. GIVE PEOPLE YOU DON’T KNOW A FAIR CHANCE.
When you look at a person, any person, remember that everyone has a story. Everyone hasgone through something that has changed them, and forced them to grow. Every passing face on the street represents a story every bit as compelling and complicated as yours. We meet no ordinary people in our lives. If you give them a chance, everyone has something amazing to offer. So appreciate the possibility of new relationships as you naturally let go of old ones that no longer work. Trust your judgment. Embrace new relationships, knowing that you are entering into unfamiliar territory. Be ready to learn, be ready for a challenge, and be ready to meet someone that might just change your life forever.

4. SHOW EVERYONE KINDNESS AND RESPECT.
Treat everyone with kindness and respect, even those who are rude to you – not because they are nice, but because you are. There are no boundaries or classes that define a group of people that deserve to be respected. Treat everyone with the same level of respect you would give to your grandfather and the same level of patience you would have with your baby brother. People will notice your kindness.

5. ACCEPT PEOPLE JUST THE WAY THEY ARE.
In most cases it’s impossible to change them anyway, and it’s rude to try. So save yourself from needless stress. Instead of trying to change others, give them your support and lead by example.

6. ENCOURAGE OTHERS AND CHEER FOR THEM.
Having an appreciation for how amazing the people around you are leads to good places – productive, fulfilling, peaceful places. So be happy for those who are making progress. Cheer for their victories. Be thankful for their blessings, openly. What goes around comes around, and sooner or later the people you’re cheering for will start cheering for you.

7. BE YOUR IMPERFECTLY PERFECT SELF.
In this crazy world that’s trying to make you like everyone else, find the courage to keep being your awesome self. And when they laugh at you for being different, laugh back at them for being the same. Spend more time with those who make you smile and less time with those who you feel pressured to impress. Be your imperfectly perfect self around them. We are not perfect for everyone, we are only perfect for those select few people that really take the time to get to know us and love us for who we really are. And to those select few, being our imperfectly perfect self is what they love about us.

8. FORGIVE PEOPLE AND MOVE FORWARD.
Don’t live your life with hate in your heart. You will end up hurting yourself more than the people you hate. Forgiveness is not saying, “What you did to me is okay.” It is saying, “I’m not going to let what you did to me ruin my happiness forever.” Forgiveness is the remedy. It doesn’t mean you’re erasing the past, or forgetting what happened. It means you’re letting go of the resentment and pain, and instead choosing to learn from the incident and move on with your life. Remember, the less time you spend hating the people who hurt you, the more time you’ll have to love the people who love you.

9. DO LITTLE THINGS EVERY DAY FOR OTHERS.
Sometimes those little things occupy the biggest part of their hearts. You can’t be everything to everyone, but you can be everything to a few people. Decide who these people are in your life and treat them like royalty.

10. PAY ATTENTION TO WHO YOUR REAL FRIENDS ARE.
As we grow up, we realize it becomes less important to have more friends and more important to have real ones. Remember, life is kind of like a party. You invite a lot of people, some leave early, some stay all night, some laugh with you, some laugh at you, and some show up really late. But in the end, after the fun, there are a few who stay to help you clean up the mess. And most of the time, they aren’t even the ones who made the mess. These people are your real friends in life. They are the ones who matter most.

11. ALWAYS BE LOYAL.
True love and real friendship aren’t about being inseparable. These relationships are about two people being true to each other even when they are separated. When it comes to relationships, remaining faithful is never an option, but a priority. Loyalty is everything.

12. STAY IN BETTER TOUCH WITH PEOPLE WHO MATTER TO YOU.
In human relationships distance is not measured in miles, but in affection. Two people can be right next to each other, yet miles apart. So don’t ignore someone you care about, because lack of concern hurts more than angry words. Stay in touch with those who matter to you. Not because it’s convenient, but because they’re worth the extra effort. Remember, you don’t need a certain number of friends, just a number of friends you can be certain of. Paying attention to these people is a priority.

13. KEEP YOUR PROMISES AND TELL THE TRUTH.
If you say you’re going to do something, DO IT! If you say you’re going to be somewhere, BE THERE! If you say you feel something, MEAN IT! If you can’t, won’t, and don’t, then DON’T LIE. It’s always better to tell people the truth up front. Don’t play games with people’s heads and hearts. Don’t tell half-truths and expect people to trust you when the full truth comes out; half-truths are no better than lies. Remember, love and friendship don’t hurt. Lying, cheating and screwing with people’s feelings and emotions hurts. Never mess with someone’s feelings just because you’re unsure of yours. Always be open and honest.

14. GIVE WHAT YOU WANT TO RECEIVE.
Don’t expect what you are not willing to give. Start practicing the golden rule. If you want love, give love. If you want friends, be friendly. If you want money, provide value. It works. It really is this simple.

15. SAY WHAT YOU MEAN AND MEAN WHAT YOU SAY.
Give the people in your life the information they need, rather than expecting them to know the unknowable. Information is the grease that keeps the engine of communication functioning. Start communicating clearly. Don’t try to read other people’s minds, and don’t make other people try to read yours. Most problems, big and small, within a family, friendship, or business relationships, start with bad communication.

16. ALLOW OTHERS TO MAKE THEIR OWN DECISIONS.
Do not judge others by your own past. They are living a different life than you are. What might be good for one person may not be good for another. What might be bad for one person might change another person’s life for the better. Allow people to make their own mistakes and their own decisions.

17. TALK A LITTLE LESS, AND LISTEN MORE.
Less advice is often the best advice. People don’t need lots of advice, they need a listening ear and some positive reinforcement. What they want to know is often already somewhere inside of them. They just need time to think, be and breathe, and continue to explore the undirected journeys that will eventually help them find their direction.

18. LEAVE PETTY ARGUMENTS ALONE.
Someone else doesn’t have to be wrong for you to be right. There are many roads to what’s right. And most of the time it just doesn’t matter that much.

19. IGNORE UNCONSTRUCTIVE, HURTFUL COMMENTARY.
No one has the right to judge you. They might have heard your stories, but they didn’t feel what you were going through. No matter what you do, there will always be someone who thinks differently. So concentrate on doing what you know in your heart is right. What most people think and say about you isn’t all that important. What is important is how you feel about yourself.

20. PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH YOURSELF.
One of the most painful things in life is losing yourself in the process of loving others too much, and forgetting that you are special too. When was the last time someone told you that they loved you just the way you are, and that what you think and how you feel matters? When was the last time someone told you that you did a good job, or took you someplace, simply because they know you feel happy when you’re there? When was the last time that ‘someone’ was YOU?

Jolie Rouge
07-12-2014, 07:36 AM
I don’t especially care what your race, religion, sexual preference,
ethnicity, political affiliation or economic status is.

I do have a bias against assholes.

Jolie Rouge
07-22-2014, 05:19 AM
If I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be it. The long term benefits of sunscreen have been proved by scientists whereas the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience…I will dispense this advice now.

Enjoy the power and beauty of your youth; oh nevermind; you will not understand the power and beauty of your youth until they have faded. But trust me, in 20 years you’ll look back at photos of yourself and recall in a way you can’t grasp now how much possibility lay before you and how fabulous you really looked….You’re not as fat as you imagine.

Don’t worry about the future; or worry, but know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubblegum. The real troubles in your life are apt to be things that never crossed your worried mind; the kind that blindside you at 4pm on some idle Tuesday.

Do one thing everyday that scares you

Sing

Don’t be reckless with other people’s hearts, don’t put up with people who are reckless with yours.

Floss

Don’t waste your time on jealousy; sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind…the race is long, and in the end, it’s only with yourself.

Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults; if you succeed in doing this, tell me how.

Keep your old love letters, throw away your old bank statements.

Stretch

Don’t feel guilty if you don’t know what you want to do with your life…the most interesting people I know didn’t know at 22 what they wanted to do with their lives, some of the most interesting 40 year olds I know still don’t.

Get plenty of calcium.

Be kind to your knees, you’ll miss them when they’re gone.

Maybe you’ll marry, maybe you won’t, maybe you’ll have children, maybe you won’t, maybe you’ll divorce at 40, maybe you’ll dance the funky chicken on your 75th wedding anniversary…what ever you do, don’t congratulate yourself too much or berate yourself either – your choices are half chance, so are everybody else’s.

Enjoy your body, use it every way you can…don’t be afraid of it, or what other people think of it, it’s the greatest instrument you’ll ever own..

Dance…
even if you have nowhere to do it but in your own living room.

Read the directions, even if you don’t follow them.

Do NOT read beauty magazines, they will only make you feel ugly.

Get to know your parents, you never know when they’ll be gone for good.

Be nice to your siblings; they are the best link to your past and the people most likely to stick with you in the future.

Understand that friends come and go, but for the precious few you should hold on.

Work hard to bridge the gaps in geography and lifestyle because the older you get, the more you need the people you knew when you were young.

Live in New York City once, but leave before it makes you hard; live in Northern California once, but leave before it makes you soft.

Travel.

Accept certain inalienable truths, prices will rise, politicians will philander, you too will get old, and when you do you’ll fantasize that when you were young prices were reasonable, politicians were noble and children respected their elders.

Respect your elders.

Don’t expect anyone else to support you. Maybe you have a trust fund, maybe you have a wealthy spouse; but you never know when either one might run out.

Don’t mess too much with your hair, or by the time you're 40, it will look 85.

Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it.

Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it’s worth.

But trust me on the sunscreen…

Jolie Rouge
07-28-2014, 06:23 PM
12 Little Known Laws of Karma (That Will Change Your Life)

What is Karma? Karma is the Sanskrit word for action. It is equivalent to Newton’s law of ‘every action must have a reaction’. When we think, speak or act we initiate a force that will react accordingly. This returning force maybe modified, changed or suspended, but most people will not be able eradicate it. This law of cause and effect is not punishment, but is wholly for the sake of education or learning. A person may not escape the consequences of his actions, but he will suffer only if he himself has made the conditions ripe for his suffering. Ignorance of the law is no excuse whether the laws are man-made or universal. To stop being afraid and to start being empowered in the worlds of karma and reincarnation, here is what you need to know about karmic laws.

1. THE GREAT LAW

- “As you sow, so shall you reap”. This is also known as the “Law of Cause and Effect”.

- Whatever we put out in the Universe is what comes back to us.

- If what we want is Happiness, Peace, Love, Friendship… Then we should BE Happy, Peaceful, Loving and a True Friend.

2. THE LAW OF CREATION

- Life doesn’t just HAPPEN, it requires our participation.

- We are one with the Universe, both inside and out. – Whatever surrounds us gives us clues to our inner state.

- BE yourself, and surround yourself with what you want to have present in your Life.

3. THE LAW OF HUMILITY

- What you refuse to accept, will continue for you.

- If what we see is an enemy, or someone with a character trait that we find to be negative, then we ourselves are not focused on a higher level of existence.

4. THE LAW OF GROWTH

- “Wherever you go, there you are”.

- For us to GROW in Spirit, it is we who must change – and not the people, places or things around us.

- The only given we have in our lives is OURSELVES and that is the only factor we have control over.

- When we change who and what we are within our heart our life follows suit and changes too. THE

5. LAW OF RESPONSIBILITY

- Whenever there is something wrong in my life, there is something wrong in me.

- We mirror what surrounds us – and what surrounds us mirrors us; this is a Universal Truth.

- We must take responsibility what is in our life.

6. THE LAW OF CONNECTION

- Even if something we do seems inconsequential, it is very important that it gets done as everything in the Universe is connected.

- Each step leads to the next step, and so forth and so on.

- Someone must do the initial work to get a job done.

- Neither the first step nor the last are of greater significance,

- As they were both needed to accomplish the task.

- Past-Present-Future they are all connected…

7. THE LAW OF FOCUS

- You can not think of two things at the same time.

- When our focus is on Spiritual Values, it is impossible for us to have lower thoughts such as greed or anger.

8. THE LAW OF GIVING AND HOSPITALITY

- If you believe something to be true,then sometime in your life you will be called upon to demonstrate that particular truth.

- Here is where we put what we CLAIM that we have learned, into actual PRACTICE.

9. THE LAW OF HERE AND NOW

- Looking backward to examine what was, prevents us from being totally in the HERE AND NOW.

- Old thoughts, old patterns of behavior, old dreams…

- Prevent us from having new ones.

10. THE LAW OF CHANGE

- History repeats itself until we learn the lessons that we need to change our path.

11. THE LAW OF PATIENCE AND REWARD

- All Rewards require initial toil.

- Rewards of lasting value require patient and persistent toil.

- True joy follows doing what we’re suppose to be doing, and waiting for the reward to come in on its own time.

12. THE LAW OF SIGNIFICANCE AND INSPIRATION

- You get back from something whatever YOU have put into it.

- The true value of something is a direct result of the energy and intent that is put into it.

- Every personal contribution is also a contribution to the Whole.

- Lack luster contributions have no impact on the Whole, nor do they work to diminish it.

- Loving contributions bring life to, and inspire, the Whole.

http://themindunleashed.org/2013/10/12-little-known-laws-of-karma-that-will.html

Jolie Rouge
07-29-2014, 02:53 PM
13 Things to Remember When Life Gets Rough
The Mind Unleashed on 26 July, 2014 at 19:32

We’ve all gone through hard times. And we all get through them. However, some get through them better than others. So what is their secret? Most of it has to do with attitude. Here are 13 things to remember when life gets rough:

1. What is, is. Buddha’s famous saying tells us: “It is your resistance to ‘what is’ that causes your suffering.” Think about that for a minute. It means that our suffering only occurs when we resist how things are. If you can change something, then take action! Change it! But if you can’t change it, then you have two choices: (1) either accept it and let go of the negativity, or (2) make yourself miserable by obsessing over it.

2. It’s only a problem if you think it’s a problem. Many times, we are our own worst enemy. Happiness is really dependent on perspective. If you think something is a problem, then your thoughts and emotions will be negative. But if you think it’s something you can learn from, then suddenly, it’s not a problem anymore.

3. If you want things to change, you need to start with changing yourself. Your outer world is a reflection of your inner world. Don’t you know people whose lives are chaotic and stressful? And isn’t that largely because they feel chaotic inside? Yes, it is. We like to think that changing our circumstances will change us. But we have it backwards—we need to change ourselves first before our circumstances will change.

4. There is no such thing as failure—only learning opportunities. You should just wipe the word “failure” right out of your vocabulary. All great people who have ever achieved anything have “failed” over and over. In fact, I think it was Thomas Edison who said something like, “I did not fail at inventing the light bulb, I just first found 99 ways that it didn’t work.” Take your so-called “failures” and learn something from them. Learn how to do it better next time.

5. If you don’t get something you want, it just means something better is coming. That’s hard to believe sometimes, I know. But it’s true. Usually, when you look back at your life, you will be able to see why it was actually a good thing that something didn’t work out. Maybe the job you didn’t get would have made you spend more time away from your family, but the job you did get was more flexible. Just have faith that everything happens exactly the way it’s supposed to.

6. Appreciate the present moment. This moment will never come again. And there is always something precious about every moment. So don’t let it pass you by! Soon it will just be a memory. Even moments that don’t seem happy can be looked upon as something that you might miss someday. As the country song by Trace Adkins says, “You’re gonna miss this…you’re gonna want this back. You’re gonna wish these days hadn’t gone by so fast….you may not know this now, but you’re gonna miss this…”

7. Let go of desire. Most people live with “attached mind.” What this means is that they attach themselves to a desire, and when they don’t get it, their emotions plummet into negativity. Instead, try to practice “detached mind.” That means that when you want something, you will still be happy whether you get it or not. Your emotions remain happy or neutral.

8. Understand and be grateful for your fears. Fear can be a great teacher. And overcoming fears can also make you feel victorious. For example, when I was in college, I feared public speaking (one of the top 3 fears of all humans). So I find it humorous now that not only do I speak in front of a group every day by being a college professor, I also teach public speaking! Overcoming fears just takes practice. Fear is really just an illusion. It’s optional.

9. Allow yourself to experience joy. Believe it or not, I know way too many people who don’t allow themselves to have fun. And they don’t even know how to be happy. Some people are actually addicted to their problems and the chaos in them so much that they wouldn’t even know who they are without them. So try to allow yourself to be happy! Even if it’s just for a small moment, it’s important to focus on joy, not your hardships.

10. Don’t compare yourself to other people. But if you do compare yourself, compare yourself with people who have it worse than you. Unemployed? Be grateful that you live in a country that gives unemployment compensation, because most people in the world live on less that $750 a year. So you don’t look like Angelina Jolie? Well, I bet there are more people who don’t than do. And you are probably way better looking than than you think. Focus on that.

11. You are not a victim. You need to get out of your own way. You are only a “victim” of your own thoughts, words and actions. No one “does” something to you. You are the creator of your own experience. Take personal responsibility and realize that you can get out of your hard times. You just need to start with changing your thoughts and actions. Abandon your victim mentality and become victorious. From victim to VICTOR!

12. Things can—and do—change. “And this too shall pass” is one of my favorite sayings. When we are stuck in a bad situation, we think that there is no way out. We think nothing will ever change. But guess what? It will! Nothing is permanent except death. So get out of the habit of thinking that things will always be this way. They won’t. But you do need to take some sort of action for things to change. It won’t magically happen all on its own.

13. Anything is possible. Miracles happen every day. Really—they do. I wish I had enough space to write about all the miraculous things that have happened to people I know—from healing stage 4 cancer naturally to having their soul mate appear out of nowhere. Trust me: it happens all the time. You just need to believe it does. Once you do, you have won the battle.

http://themindunleashed.org/2014/07/13-things-remember-life-gets-rough.html

Eddie
08-07-2014, 07:43 PM
The minute you hear 'freedom' or 'democracy'- watch out because in a truly free nation, no one has to tell you that you're free. -Jacque Fresco

Jolie Rouge
08-09-2014, 04:24 PM
18 Ways You’re Making Your Life Harder Than It Has To Be
The Mind Unleashed
9 August, 2014

http://themindunleashed.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/justinnn-1050x700.jpg

“Life is not complex.
We are complex.
Life is simple,
and the simple thing
is the right thing.”

―Oscar Wilde

When we were young life was easier, right? I know sometimes it seems that way. But the truth is life still is easy. It always will be. The only difference is we’re older, and the older we get, the harder we make things for ourselves.

You see, when we were young we saw the world through simple, hopeful eyes. We knew what we wanted and we had no biases or concealed agendas. We liked people who smiled. We avoided people who frowned. We ate when we were hungry, drank when we were thirsty, and slept when we were tired.

As we grew older our minds became gradually disillusioned by negative external influences. At some point we began to hesitate and question our instincts. When a new obstacle or growing pain arose, we stumbled and fell down. This happened several times. Eventually we decided we didn’t want to fall again, but rather than solving the problem that caused us to fall, we avoided it all together.

As a result, we ate comfort food and drank alcohol to numb our wounds and fill our voids. We worked late nights on purpose to avoid unresolved conflicts at home. We started holding grudges, playing mind games, and subtly deceiving others and ourselves to get ahead. And when it didn’t work out, we lived above our means, used lies to cover up lies, and ate and drank some more just to make ourselves feel better again.

Over the course of time, we made our lives harder and harder, and we started losing touch with who we really are and what we really need.

If you’re nodding your head, here are some ways you’re likely making your life harder than it has to be, and some ideas on simplifying things:

1. You look to everyone else for the answers only you can give yourself. – For much of our lives – especially at the beginning – we get told what do, how to think, what looks good, what “success” is, etc. You don’t have to buy into any of it anymore. Feel free to peel back the layers. Think for yourself. Listen to your Self. Break the mold. When you stop doing what everybody else wants you to do and start following your own intuition, you will find exactly what you are looking for.

2. You let others make you feel guilty for living your life. – As long as you’re not hurting anyone else, keep living your life YOUR way. Sometimes we get lost in trying to live for someone else, trying to meet their expectations, and doing things just to impress them. Take a moment and think about it. Are you doing things because you truly believe in them? Remember your own goals. Live, do and love so that you are happy, because when it comes down to it, relationships can end in an instant, but you will live with yourself for the rest of your life.

3. You allow toxic people to get the best of you. – You don’t ever have to feel guilty about removing toxic people from your life. It doesn’t matter whether someone is a relative, romantic interest, colleague, childhood friend or a new acquaintance. You don’t have to make room for people who cause you pain or make you feel small. It’s one thing if a person owns up to their behavior and makes an effort to change. But if a person disregards your feelings, ignores your boundaries and continues to treat you in a harmful way, they need to go. (Read Toxic People.)

4. You are part of the drama circle. – How would your life be different if you walked away from drama, gossip and verbal defamation? Let today be the day you speak only about the good you know of other people and encourage others to do the same. Those that refuse to support you CAN be ignored by you. It’s as simple as that. Incredible things happen when you distance yourself from negativity and those who create it. Don’t get caught up in drama. Just walk on by.

5. You assign negative intent to other people’s actions. – Another driver cut you off in traffic. Your friend never texted you back. Your colleague went to lunch without you. Everyone can find a reason to be offended on a daily basis. So what caused you to be offended? You assigned negative intent to these otherwise innocent actions. You took it as a personal insult – a slap in the face. Don’t do this to yourself. Don’t take things personally. Don’t assign negative intent to the unintentional actions of others. Let today be the day you look for the good in everyone you meet.

6. You are too worried that people will steal what you have. – Let this be your wake-up call, especially if you’re an artist, writer, entrepreneur or creative type: There is always more to be gained from sharing knowledge than from hoarding it. Don’t worry about people stealing your work; worry about the moment they stop. Be honest, helpful and undeniably good at what you do. No clever marketing scheme, social media buzzword, or competitor can be a substitute for that, ever. Whenever people want what you have, regardless of the circumstances, you’re doing it right.

7. You’re trying to compete with everyone else. – If you compete with everyone else, you will become bitter. If you compete with a previous version of yourself, you will become better. It’s as simple as that.

8. You have been too much of a taker. – One way to deal with stress and loss is to immerse yourself in doing good for others. Volunteer. Get involved in life. It doesn’t even have to be a big, structured event. Say a kind word. Encourage someone nearby. Pay a visit to someone who is alone. Get away from your self-preoccupation for a while. When it comes down to it, there are two types of people in this world. There are givers and there are takers. Givers are happy. Takers are still unhappily wondering what’s in it for them.

9. You focus on popularity over effectiveness. – Seek respect, not attention. It lasts longer and it’s far more useful in the end. Do things and build things that make a lasting difference. And above all, never confuse popularity with effectiveness. Being popular means you’re liked for a while. Being effective means you’ve made a difference.

10. You keep cutting corners and taking the easy way out. – Do what is right, not what is easy. And do the right thing even if no one else will ever know. Why? Because YOU will know.

11. You focus on every point in time other than now. – You can’t change yesterday, but you can ruin today by worrying about tomorrow. Be present. Tomorrow will reveal itself exactly as it should, just as yesterday already has.

12. You are stuck on your mistakes. – It’s important that we forgive ourselves for making mistakes. We need to learn from our errors and move forward. Make a pact with yourself today to not be defined by your past. Sometimes the greatest thing to come out of all your hard work isn’t what you get for it, but what you learn from it. A happy, successful life, after all, is not a life absent of problems, but one that’s been able to rise above them. (Angel and I discuss this in detail in the “Adversity” chapter of 1,000 Little Things Happy, Successful People Do Differently.)

13. You have an “all or nothing” mentality. – There’s no such thing as perfect success, just as there’s no such thing as perfect failure. This is why labeling things in extremes – all or nothing – success or failure – is an exercise in futility. What does exist, however, is a continuous series of imperfect moments filled with infinite possibilities and opportunities. Appreciate the grey area between the extremes – the journey – the experiences. And above all, never let success get to your head or failure get to your heart.

14. You expect life to always be happy. – The world can be a difficult place. You may experience suffering, heartbreak and loss. These circumstances can take a toll on your happiness, but do not lose hope. Think about the Yin and Yang in Chinese philosophy, which states that opposite forces are often interconnected. In suffering, you can find great strength, in heartbreak you can find resilience, and in loss you can find a renewed appreciation for life. Life is always Yin and Yang. Opposites are interdependent and interconnected. You can’t completely shield yourself from sadness without also shielding yourself from happiness.

Jolie Rouge
08-09-2014, 04:27 PM
15. You keep thinking about worst-case scenarios. - Sometimes your mind unnecessarily wrestles with events that aren’t even remotely likely. Your sore throat is life threatening. Your lost driver’s license fell into the hands of a miscreant looking to steal your identity. Negativity like this only breeds more negativity. It’s a happiness riptide. It will carry you away from shore, and if you don’t swim away it will pull you under. The bottom line is that you can see the world through a lens of doubt and despair or hope and excitement. It’s your choice. Either way, you will someday arrive at the same destination. The only question is: Do you want to arrive with a frown or a smile?

16. You’re letting loss devour you. – Sometimes you have to work at happiness. Some hurdles in life are too difficult to clear simply by adopting a positive mindset. Do you need to forgive someone? Do you need to let go of a failed relationship? Do you need to come to terms with the death of a loved one? Life is full of loss. But, in a sense, true happiness would not be possible without it. It helps us appreciate the good times. It helps us grow. If you’re struggling to see the light, you’re not alone. Find someone who understands and talk to them. Reach out for support. Don’t let loss devour you. (Read Second Firsts.)

17. You avoid facing the truth. – The truth does not cease to exist when it is ignored. You cannot find peace by avoiding things. You have to feel it to heal it. Bring your fears and weaknesses front and center and shine a blazing spotlight on them. Because the only way out is through. The pain of facing the truth is SO worth it in the long run, I swear.

18. You put off making decisions. – Bad decisions are almost always better than no decisions at all. Indecisiveness just delays, while bad decisions teach us to yield better ones. In the end, we most often regret the chances we didn’t take, the relationships we were afraid to have, and the decisions we waited too long to make.

http://themindunleashed.org/2014/08/18-ways-youre-making-life-harder.html

Eddie
08-15-2014, 09:51 PM
To regard human beings as tools — as instruments — for the use of other human beings is not only unscientific but it is repugnant, stupid and short sighted. Tools are made by man but have not the autonomy of their maker — they have not man's time-binding capacity for initiation, for self-direction, and self-improvement. - Alfred Korzybski

Jolie Rouge
08-17-2014, 08:53 AM
Turn your favorite quote into wall art

http://recitethis.com/#

Jolie Rouge
09-03-2014, 10:56 AM
A Country Founded by Geniuses but Run by Idiots!

If you can get arrested for hunting or fishing without a license, but not for entering and remaining in the country illegally — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If you have to get your parents’ permission to go on a field trip or to take an aspirin in school, but not to get an abortion — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If you MUST show your identification to board an airplane, cash a check, buy liquor, or check out a library book and rent a video, but not to vote for who runs the government — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If the government wants to prevent stable, law-abiding citizens from owning gun magazines that hold more than ten rounds, but gives twenty F-16 fighter jets to the crazy new leaders in Egypt — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If, in the nation’s largest city, you can buy two 16-ounce sodas, but not one 24-ounce soda, because 24-ounces of a sugary drink might make you fat — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If an 80-year-old woman or a three-year-old girl who is confined to a wheelchair can be strip-searched by the TSA at the airport, but a woman in a burka or a hijab is only subject to having her neck and head searched — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If your government believes that the best way to eradicate trillions of dollars of debt is to spend trillions more — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If a seven-year-old boy can be thrown out of school for saying his teacher is “cute,” but hosting a sexual exploration or diversity class in grade school is perfectly acceptable — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If hard work and success are met with higher taxes and more government regulation and intrusion, while not working is rewarded with Food Stamps, WIC checks, Medicaid benefits, subsidized housing, and free cell phones — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If the government’s plan for getting people back to work is to provide incentives for not working, by granting 99 weeks of unemployment checks, without any requirement to prove that gainful employment was diligently sought, but couldn’t be found — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If you pay your mortgage faithfully, denying yourself the newest big-screen TV, while your neighbor buys iPhones, time shares, a wall-sized do-it-all plasma screen TV and new cars, and the government forgives his debt when he defaults on his mortgage — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If being stripped of your Constitutional right to defend yourself makes you more “safe” according to the government — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If the media panders to your openly socialist leader while the IRS targets groups with dissenting views— you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If your government 'cracks down' on legal gun sales to law abiding citizens while secretly supplying illegal guns to Mexican drug cartels— you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If your local government (in Chicago) outlawed gun ownership for 'the safety of its citizens' and now boasts the worst murder rate in the country — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

What a country!

This was borrowed from another blog, author unknown, please spread it far and wide!!!

Eddie
09-06-2014, 07:10 PM
Humans can be literally poisoned by false ideas and false teachings. Many people have a just horror at the thought of putting poison into tea or coffee, but seem unable to realize that, when they teach false ideas and false doctrines, they are poisoning the time-binding capacity of their fellow men and women. One has to stop and think! There is nothing mystical about the fact that ideas and words are energies which powerfully affect the physico-chemical base of our time-binding activities. Humans are thus made untrue to "human nature." ... The conception of man as a mixture of animal and supernatural has for ages kept human beings under the deadly spell of the suggestion that, animal selfishness and animal greediness are their essential character, and the spell has operated to suppress their REAL HUMAN NATURE and to prevent it from expressing itself naturally and freely.
from Manhood of Humanity : The Science and Art of Human Engineering (http://bookzz.org/book/1059501/e9ade1) by
Alfred Korzybski

About Alffred
Alfred Habdank Skarbek Korzybski ([kɔˈʐɨpski]; July 3, 1879 – March 1, 1950) was a Polish-American independent scholar who developed a field called general semantics, which he viewed as both distinct from, and more encompassing than, just the field of semantics. He argued that human knowledge of the world is limited both by the human nervous system and the languages humans have developed, and thus no one can have direct access to reality, given that the most we can know is that which is filtered through the brain's responses to reality. His best known dictum is "The map is not the territory".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_Korzybski

Jolie Rouge
09-10-2014, 08:06 AM
I no longer have patience

“I no longer have patience for certain things, not because I’ve become arrogant, but simply because I reached a point in my life where I do not want to waste more time with what displeases me or hurts me. I have no patience for cynicism, excessive criticism and demands of any nature. I lost the will to please those who do not like me, to love those who do not love me and to smile at those who do not want to smile at me. I no longer spend a single minute on those who lie or want to manipulate. I decided not to coexist anymore with pretense, hypocrisy, dishonesty and cheap praise. I do not tolerate selective erudition nor academic arrogance. I do not adjust either to popular gossiping. I hate conflict and comparisons. I believe in a world of opposites and that’s why I avoid people with rigid and inflexible personalities. In friendship I dislike the lack of loyalty and betrayal. I do not get along with those who do not know how to give a compliment or a word of encouragement. Exaggerations bore me and I have difficulty accepting those who do not like animals. And on top of everything I have no patience for anyone who does not deserve my patience.” _ Meryl Streep

http://ioadicaeu.wordpress.com/2014/07/31/i-no-longer-have-patience/

Eddie
09-18-2014, 12:34 PM
Citizens of a modern society need [...] more than that ordinary "common sense" which was defined by Stuart Chase as that which tells you that the world is flat.
Stuart Chase in S. I. Hayakawa (1949) Language in Thought and Action. p.29-30

Eddie
09-19-2014, 10:32 PM
Issues like gun control, abortion, capital punishment and elections often lead us to resort to snarl-words and purr-words. It is usually fruitless to argue such statements as "Reagan was the great Teflon - president," "She's anti-life," "Wagner's music is just a cacophony of hysterical screeching," "People who don't want to control the purchase of handguns are nuts." To take sides on such issues phrased in such judgmental ways is to reduce communication to a level of stubborn imbecility. But to ask questions relating to the statements (Why do you like ordislike President Reagan? Why are you for or against gun control?) is to learn something about the beliefs of others. After listening to their opinions and their reasons for them, we may leave the discussion slightly wiser, slightly better informed, and perhaps less one-sided than we were before the discussion began.

Language in Thought and Action - S. I. Hayakawa

More about snarl-words and purr-words
http://grammar.about.com/od/words/f/snarlpurrfaq.htm

Eddie
10-06-2014, 10:45 PM
One cannot but wonder at this constantly recurring phrase "getting something for nothing," as if it were the peculiar and perverse ambition of disturbers of society. Excerpt for our animal outfit, practially all we have is handed to us gratis. Can the most complacent reactionary flatter himself that he invented the art of writing or the printing press, or discovered his religious, economic and moral convictions, or any of the devices which supply him with meat and raiment or any of the sources of pleasure as he may derive from literature of the fine arts? In short, civilation is little else than getting something
ffor nothing.

James Harvey Robinson

Jolie Rouge
10-09-2014, 05:16 AM
26 Secrets of Happiness: Quotable Quotes
Find inspiration and joy from these leading thinkers.

The Dalai Lama

"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion.
If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Brad Pitt, actor

"I think happiness is overrated.
Satisfied, at peace—those would be more realistic goals."

John Barrowman, actor

"I've always thought people would find a lot more pleasure in their routines
if they burst into song at significant moments."

Drew Barrymore, actress

"I think happiness is what makes you pretty.
Period. Happy people are beautiful.
They become like a mirror and they reflect that happiness."

Joan Rivers, comedian

"People say that money isn't the key to happiness,
but I always figured if you have enough money,
you can have a key made."

Gretchen Rubin, author

"I think self-knowledge is a key to happiness.
We can build happy lives only on the foundation
of our own natures, our own values, and our own interests."

J. K. Rowling, novelist

"Personal happiness lies in knowing that life
is not a checklist of acquisition or achievement.

Your qualifications are not your life."

Stephen Fry, actor and writer

"Stop feeling sorry for yourself
and you will be happy."

Richard Bach, author

"If your happiness depends on what somebody else does,
I guess you do have a problem."

Marianne Williamson, spiritual teacher

"Children are happy
because they don't have a file in their minds
called 'all the things that could go wrong.'"

Rita Mae Brown, feminist author

"One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory."

Paul Simon, musician

"I've got nothing to do today but smile."

The Dalai Lama

"I find hope in the darkest of days,
and focus in the brightest.
I do not judge the universe."

Sarah McLachlan, musician

"Happiness is like a cloud — if you stare at it long enough, it evaporates."

Harrison Ford, actor

"Being happy is something you have to learn.
I often surprise myself by saying,
'Wow, this is it. I guess I'm happy. I got a home I love.
A career that I love. I'm even feeling more and more at peace with myself.'

If there's something else to happiness, let me know.
I'm ambitious for that, too."

Keira Knightley, actress

"Be happy in your body.
It's the only one you've got,
so you might as well like it."

Steven Kloves, screenwriter

"Happiness can be found,
even in the darkest of times,
if one only remembers to turn on the light."

Daniel Gilbert, social psychologist

"The good news is that going blind is not going to make you as unhappy as you think it will.
The bad news is that winning the lottery will not make you as happy as you expect."

Leslie Caron, actress and dancer

"In order to have great happiness,
you have to have great pain and unhappiness
— otherwise, how would you know when you're happy?"

Audrey Niffenegger, writer

"Don't you think it's better to be extremely happy for a short while,
even if you lose it, than to be just okay for your whole life?"

Ann Brashares, author

"Maybe happiness didn't have to be about the big sweeping circumstances,
about having everything in your life in place.
Maybe it was about stringing together a bunch of small pleasures."

Joanne Harris, author

"Happiness.
Simple as a glass of chocolate
or tortuous as the heart.

Bitter.
Sweet.
Alive."

Jodi Picoult, author

"A mathematical formula for happiness:
reality divided by expectations.

There were two ways to be happy:
improve your reality
or lower your expectations."

Steve Maraboli, speaker and author

"Happiness is not the absence of problems,
it's the ability to deal with them."

Lauren Oliver, author

"You can't be really happy

unless you're unhappy sometimes."

"A solved problem creates two new problems,
and the best prescription for happy living
is not to solve any more problems."[/B]

Eddie
10-25-2014, 08:18 PM
Citizens of a modern society need [...] more than that ordinary "common sense" which was defined by Stuart Chase as that which tells you that the world is flat.
Stuart Chase in S. I. Hayakawa (1949) Language in Thought and Action. p.29-30

They need to be systematically aware of the powers and limitations of symbols, especially words, if they are to guard against bring driven into complete bewilderment by the complexity of their semantic environment.

The first of the principles governing symbols is this: The symbol is not the thing symbolized; the word is not the thing; the map is not the territory it stands for.
Language in Thought and Action. S. I. Hayakawa (1949) p.18

Jolie Rouge
12-07-2014, 09:29 AM
A LITTLE COMMON SENSE FROM AN OLD COWBOY ...

Your fences need to be horse-high, pig-tight and bull-strong.

Keep skunks and bankers at a distance.

Life is simpler when you plow around the stump.

A bumble bee is considerably faster than a John Deere tractor.

Words that soak into your ears are whispered… not yelled.

Meanness don’t jes’ happen overnight.

Forgive your enemies; it messes up their heads.

Do not corner something that you know is meaner than you.

It don’t take a very big person to carry a grudge.

You cannot unsay a cruel word.

Every path has a few puddles.

When you wallow with pigs, expect to get dirty.

The best sermons are lived, not preached.

Most of the stuff people worry about ain’t never gonna happen anyway.

Don’t judge folks by their relatives.

Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.

Live a good, honorable life… Then when you get older and think back, you’ll enjoy it a second time.

Don ‘t interfere with somethin’ that ain’t bothering you none.

Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a Rain dance.

If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop diggin’.

Sometimes you get, and sometimes you get got.

The biggest troublemaker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every mornin’.

Always drink upstream from the herd.

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.

Lettin’ the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier than puttin’ it back in.

If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

"Most times, it just gets down to common sense."

~ Michael Traveler

Jolie Rouge
01-21-2015, 05:59 AM
The Fence

There once was a little boy who had a bad temper. His father gave him a bag of nails and told him that every time he lost his temper, he must hammer a nail into the fence. The first day the boy had driven 37 nails into the fence. Over the next few weeks as he learned to control his anger, the number of nails hammered daily, gradually dwindled down. He discovered it was easier to hold his temper than to drive those nails into the fence.

Finally the day came when the boy didn’t lose his temper at all. He told his father about it and the father suggested that the boy now pull out one nail for each day that he was able to hold his temper. The days passed and the young boy was finally able to tell his father that all the nails were gone.

The father took his son by the hand and led him to the fence. He said “you have done well, my son, but look at the holes in the fence. The fence will never be the same. When you say things in anger, they leave a scar just like this one.” You can put a knife in a man and draw it out. It won’t matter how many times you say I’m sorry, the wound is still there. Make sure you control your temper the next time you are tempted to say something you will regret later.

- Author Unknown

Jolie Rouge
01-22-2015, 11:10 AM
10 compliments your husband needs to hear

Pull out one of these 10 compliments and make your husband's day.

The things we say have a big impact on our marriages. Men sometimes get the reputation for being the less communicative sex, but that doesn't mean they don't thrive on affirming words from their wives. Whether or not your husband is begging for verbal affection, here are ten compliments that your husband needs to hear.

1. I'm so glad I married you

Men need to feel secure in marriage, and the fastest way to let your man know he's still the one is to tell him outright. This is a great compliment because it can come completely out of the blue, without him having to do anything to earn it. Spontaneous compliments feel genuine and sincere.

2. I love how you provide for our family

Men hold themselves to a high standard when it comes to providing, and they need you to acknowledge their efforts. Let your husband know that he doesn't have to make millions to still make you happy.

3. I'm so proud of you

You'll get far in marriage being your husband's greatest cheerleader. In a world that continuously knocks him down, be the one to always lift him up.

4. You're such a great daddy

If you have kids, praise your husband for his involvement with the family. Modern society often tells dads that they come second to mom, so let him know he's a valuable asset to your family.

5. You're so hot

Your husband needs to know you love the way he looks, even after a few years and a few extra pounds. Many men send and receive love through touch and physical intimacy, so complimenting his body is one of the fastest ways to show him love in a way he understands.

6. Thanks for fixing the broken dryer

Whenever your husband plays Mr. Fix-It around the house, compliment his efforts. He needs to feel capable, especially when he's taking care of you.

7. Thanks for the help around the house

Helping out can be a little scary for the man of the house. Chances are that you have your own way of doing things and he may be afraid of messing up your system. Thank him sincerely when he helps out, regardless of whether he folds the sheets the "right" way.

8. You can always make me laugh

Let your man know that he lightens up your day and brings positive energy into your household. Even if your husband isn't the ha-ha funny type, you can still compliment his stellar smile.

9. You're so strong

The next time your husband lifts a heavy load of laundry, bat your eyelashes a little and compliment his Superman-like strength, even if you could have done the task yourself. Husbands need to know they're good for something, and they certainly need to know they're good for you.

10. I love spending time with you

We all get caught up in the business of everyday life, so let your spouse know that you still love to simply hangout with him. After all, you'll be his best friend and constant companion forever.

Take a little time today to thank the man in your life for all he does. It doesn't take much to make your husband's day, boost his confidence and make him want to lift you up in return.

http://familyshare.com/marriage/10-compliments-your-husband-needs-to-hear

Jolie Rouge
03-16-2015, 10:02 AM
Nine important facts to remember as we grow older:

Number 9 - Death is the number 1 killer in the world.

Number 8 - Life is sexually transmitted.

Number 7 - Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Number 6 - Men have two emotions: hungry and horny, and they can't tell them apart.
If you see a gleam in his eyes, make him a sandwich.

Number 5 - Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day.
Teach a person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks, months, maybe years.

Number 4 - Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in the hospital, dying of nothing.

Number 3 - All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Number 2 - In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird, and people take Prozac to make it normal.

Number 1 - Life is like a jar of jalapeno peppers. What you do today might burn your butt tomorrow.

...and as someone recently said to me don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long

Jolie Rouge
05-19-2015, 10:26 AM
Turn your favorite quote into wall art

http://recitethis.com/#

Word Clouds http://www.wordle.net/

"I'll kill a man in a fair fight. Or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight. Or if he bothers me. Or if there's a woman. Or if I'm gettin' paid. Mostly when I'm gettin' paid."

SHINY SHINY SHINY SHINY SHINY SHINY SHINY SHINY SHINY SHINY
Let's*go*be*bad*guys
you*can't*take*the*sky*from*me you*can't*take*the*sky*from*me

you*can't*take*the*sky*from*me you*can't*take*the*sky*from*me you*can't*take*the*sky*from*me you*can't*take*the*sky*from*me
I*aim*to*misbehave
Big*Damn*Heros Big*Damn*Heros Big*Damn*Heros Big*Damn*Heros Big*Damn*Heros Getting*awful**crowded*in*my*sky
too*damn*pretty*to*die
"Ah,*curse*your*sudden*but*inevitable*betrayal*!"
"If*anyone*gets*nosy,*just...you*know...shoot*'em.* Politely" "I*brought*you*some*supper*but*if*you'd*prefer*a*le cture,*I've*a*few*very*catchy*ones*prepped...sin*a nd*hellfire...*one*has*lepers."
"Time*for*some*thrilling*heroics."
"Do*you*know*what*the*chain*of*command*is*here?It's *the*chain*I*go*get*and*beat*you*with*to*show*you* who's*in*command."
"I aim to misbehave
"Yessir,*Captain*Tight*Pants."
"...if*your*hand*touches*metal,*I*swear*by*my*prett y*floral*bonnet:*I*will*end*you."
"...a*very*special*level*of*hell.*A*level*they*rese rve*for*child*molesters*and*people*who*talk*at*the *theater."
"Ship*like*this,*be*with*ya*'til*the*day*you*die."
"The*Bible*has*some*pretty*specific*things*to*say*a bout*killing*It*is,*however,*somewhat*fuzzier*on*t he*subject*of*kneecaps."
"Were*I*unwed,*I*would*take*you*in*a*manly*fashion."
"She*is*starting*to*damage*my*calm."
"I'm*a*leaf*on*the*wind...watch*how*I*soar."
"I'm*a*leaf*on*the*wind...watch*how*I*soar." "I'm*a*leaf*on*the*wind...watch*how*I*soar." "I'm*a*leaf*on*the*wind...watch*how*I*soar." "I'm*a*leaf*on*the*wind...watch*how*I*soar." "I'm*a*leaf*on*the*wind...watch*how*I*damn*you*Joss ."
"Love.*Can*know*all*the*math*in*the*'verse*but*take *a*boat*in*the*air*that*you*don't*love?*She'll*sha ke*you*off*just*as*sure*as*a*turn*in*the*worlds.*L ove*keeps*her*in*the*air*when*she*oughtta*fall*dow n...tell*you*she's*hurtin'*'fore*she*keens...makes *her*a*home."

https://scontent-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/p526x296/11008601_1610682465835849_875871796822351545_n.jpg ?oh=a23f70347088a52b1fd9909798455f0b&oe=5604A5C4

SHINY SHINY SHINY SHINY SHINY SHINY SHINY you~can't~take~the~sky~from~me
Let's~go~be~bad~guys you~can't~take~the~sky~from~me you~can't~take~the~sky~from~me you~can't~take~the~sky~from~me I~aim~to~misbehave I~aim~to~misbehave I~aim~to~misbehave I~aim~to~misbehave
Big~Damn~Heros Big~Damn~Heros Big~Damn~Heros Big~Damn~Heros Getting~awful~crowded~in~my~sky
too~damn~pretty~to~die "Ah,~curse~your~sudden~but~inevitable~betrayal!"
"If~anyone~gets~nosy,~just...you~know...shoot~'em.~ Politely" "Time~for~some~thrilling~heroics." "Yessir,~Captain~Tight~Pants." "...if~your~hand~touches~metal,~I~swear~by~my~prett y~floral~bonnet:~I~will~end~you." "Ship~like~this,`be~with~ya~'til~the~day~you~die." "The*Bible~has~some~pretty~specific~things~to~say~a bout~killing~It~is,`however,~somewhat~fuzzier~on~t he~subject~of~kneecaps."
"Were~I~unwed,~I~would~take~you~in~a~manly~fashion." "She~is~starting~to~damage~my~calm." "I'm~a~leaf~on~the~wind...watch~how~I~soar." "I'm~a~leaf~on~the~wind...watch~how~I~soar." "I'm~a~leaf~on~the~wind...watch~how~I~soar." "I'm~a~leaf~on~the~wind...watch~how~I~...DAMN~you,~ Joss!" "I'm~a~leaf~on~the~wind...watch~how~I~...DAMN~you,~ Joss!"

Jolie Rouge
05-19-2015, 11:23 AM
SHINY SHINY SHINY SHINY SHINY SHINY SHINY SHINY SHINY SHINY
Let's~go~be~bad~guys

you~can't~take~the~sky~from~me

I~aim~to~misbehave

Big~Damn~Heros

Getting~awful~crowded~in~my~sky

too~damn~pretty~to~die

"Ah,~curse~your~sudden~but~inevitable~betrayal~!"

"If~anyone~gets~nosy,~just...you~know...shoot~'em.~ Politely"

"I~brought~you~some~supper~but~if~you'd~prefer~a~le cture,~I've~a~few~very~catchy~ones~prepped...sin~a nd~hellfire...~one~has~lepers."

"Time~for~some~thrilling~heroics."

"Do~you~know~what~the~chain~of~command~is~here?~It' s~the~chain~I~go~get~and~beat~you~with~to~show*~yo u~who's~in~command."

"Yessir,~Captain~Tight~Pants."

"...if~your~hand~touches~metal,~I~swear~by~my~prett y~floral~bonnet:~I~will~end~you."

"...a*very*special*level*of*hell.*A*level*they*rese rve*for*child*molesters*and*people*who*talk*at*the *theater."

"
"Ship*like*this,*be*with*ya*'til*the*day*you*die."

"The*Bible*has*some*pretty*specific*things*to*say* about*killing*It*is,*however,*somewhat*fuzzier*on* the*subject*of*kneecaps."

"Were*I*unwed,*I*would*take*you*in*a*manly*fashion ."

"She*is*starting*to*damage*my*calm."

SHINY SHINY SHINY SHINY SHINY SHINY SHINY SHINY SHINY SHINY Let's~go~be~bad~guys Let's~go~be~bad~guys Let's~go~be~bad~guys Let's~go~be~bad~guys Let's~go~be~bad~guys you~can't~take~the~sky~from~me you~can't~take~the~sky~from~me you~can't~take~the~sky~from~me you~can't~take~the~sky~from~me you~can't~take~the~sky~from~me I~aim~to~misbehave I~aim~to~misbehave I~aim~to~misbehave I~aim~to~misbehave
I~aim~to~misbehave Big~Damn~Heros Big~Damn~Heros Big~Damn~Heros Big~Damn~Heros Big~Damn~Heros Getting~awful~crowded~in~my~sky too~damn~pretty~to~die
"Ah,~curse~your~sudden~but~inevitable~betrayal~!" "If~anyone~gets~nosy,~just...you~know...shoot~'em.~ Politely" "I~brought~you~some~supper~but~if~you'd~prefer~a~le cture,~I've~a~few~very~catchy~ones~prepped...sin~a nd~hellfire...~one~has~lepers." "Time~for~some~thrilling~heroics." "Time~for~some~thrilling~heroics."
"Do~you~know~what~the~chain~of~command~is~here?~It' s~the~chain~I~go~get~and~beat~you~with~to~show*~yo u~who's~in~command."
"Yessir,~Captain~Tight~Pants." "Yessir,~Captain~Tight~Pants." "Yessir,~Captain~Tight~Pants."
"...if~your~hand~touches~metal,~I~swear~by~my~prett y~floral~bonnet:~I~will~end~you." "Ship~like~this,~be~with~ya~'til~the~day~you~die." "I'm~a~leaf~on~the~wind...watch~how~I~soar." "I'm~a~leaf~on~the~wind...watch~how~I~soar."
"I'm~a~leaf~on~the~wind...watch~how~I~soar."
"I'm~a~leaf~on~the~wind...watch~how~I...damn~you~Jo ss."

"Love.*Can*know*all*the*math*in*the*'verse*but*take *a*boat*in*the*air*that*you*don't*love?*She'll*sh ake* you*off*just*as*sure*as*a*turn*in*the*worlds.*Love *keeps*her*in*the*air*when*she*oughtta*fall*down.. .tell*you*she's*hurtin'*'fore*she*keens...makes*he r*a*home."

Jolie Rouge
05-28-2015, 07:33 AM
I was talking to a friend of mine the other day, and she was explaining to me how disappointed she was in people and the things that they do and have done to her. She went on and on about how upset and heartbroken she was, and has been, about some of her family and friends. She talked about how they hurt her and how she wished they would change and be better people. She wanted them to be different than the people they were.

Halfway through this complaint-a-thon, I asked her to take a walk with me in the backyard. Now, you have to know this particular friend of mine. She hates the heat, and it was a hot day. I said, "come on” so she reluctantly came with me.

We got outside and it was steaming hot. I could see that she was uncomfortable. Nevertheless, we kept walking around my backyard. As she was still complaining about people, I asked her what she thought of my grass. Mind you, in order to appreciate the grass you had to stand in the direct sunlight. She said “Wow, I love your grass. It’s beautiful, but it’s hot right here. Let’s cool off under that oak tree over there.”

So, as she started to walk to the tree I said, “No no, let’s stay here in the grass and cool off.”

She turned to me quickly and said, “We can’t cool off on this grass.”

Right then, I said to her, “But you just said the grass was beautiful."

"I did” she replied. Then, I asked her, “Why won’t you stay here?" She said, because she was hot and the grass couldn’t cool her off. So, we walked over to the oak tree and sat there.

She said, “Now you see? This is what I needed.”

Then I asked her this question. “The grass was beautiful. You loved it. Why didn’t you get mad with the grass because it couldn’t provide the shade you wanted?

She was confused, so I went on to explain myself. "People in this world, whether they were created a certain way or became that way through life’s circumstances, are who they are. Stop wishing they will be someone else."

I said, “The next time you get upset with someone because they can’t do, or can’t be what you want them to be, remember the grass. Never get mad at a blade of grass because it’s not a tree. Appreciate the grass for what it is. Let it provide to you what it can, but don’t expect more. Your life will get so much easier when you start letting people be who they are and stop expecting them to give you what they don’t have or don’t know how to give. Just like that grass couldn’t provide shade because it wasn’t made to, some people are not made to give you what you’re asking for. So, stop looking for it. You will be shocked at how much peace you find when you really get this."

And the last thing I said to her was this. “You wouldn’t be so frustrated with people who are like the grass if you had more people who are like trees in your life.”

I could really go deep into this, but I gotta go back to work. Talk to me. What do you think?

Love y’all. Talk soon.

~ Tyler Perry

Jolie Rouge
05-30-2015, 10:57 AM
100 Wise Words For Everyone.

1. There are plenty of ways to enter a pool. The stairs is not one of them.

2. Never cancel dinner plans by text message.

3. Don’t knock it ‘til you try it.

4. If a street performer makes you stop walking, you owe him a buck.

5. Always use “we” when referring to your home team or your government.

6. When entrusted with a secret, keep it.

7. DON’T underestimate free throws in a game of HORSE.

8. Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.

9. Don’t dumb it down.

10. You only get one chance to notice a new haircut.

11. If you’re staying more than one night, unpack.

12. Never park in front of a bar.

13. Expect the seat in front of you to recline. Prepare accordingly.

14. Keep a picture of your first fish, first car, and first girl/boyfriend.

15. Hold your heroes to a high standard.

16. A suntan is earned, not bought.

17. Never lie to your doctor.

18. All guns are loaded.

19. Don’t mention sunburns. Believe me, they know.

20. The best way to show thanks is to wear it. Even if it’s only once.

21. Take a vacation of your cell phone, internet, and TV once a year.

22. Don’t fill up on bread, no matter how good.

23. A handshake beats an autograph.

24. Don’t linger in the doorway. In or out.

25. If you choose to go in drag, don’t sell yourself short.

26. If you want to know what makes you unique, sit for a caricature.

27. Never get your haircut the day of a special event.

28. Be mindful of what comes between you and the Earth. Always buy good shoes, tires, and sheets.

29. Never eat lunch at your desk if you can avoid it.

30. When you’re with new friends, don’t just talk about old friends.

31. Eat lunch with the new kids.

32. When traveling, keep your wits about you.

33. It’s never too late for an apology.

34. Don’t pose with booze.

35. If you have right of way. TAKE IT.

36. You don’t get to choose your own nickname.

37. When you marry someone, remember you marry their entire family.

38. Never push someone off a dock.

39. Under no circumstances should you ask a woman if she is pregnant.

40. It’s not enough to be proud of your ancestry, live up to it.

41. Don’t make a scene.

42. When giving a thank you speech, short and sweet is best.

43. Know when to ignore the camera.

44. Never gloat.

45. Invest in great luggage.

46. Make time for your mom on your birthday, It’s her special day too.

47. When opening presents, no one likes a good guesser.

48. Sympathy is a crutch, never fake a limp.

49. Give credit. Take Blame.

50. Suck it up every now and again.

51. Never be the last one in the pool.

52. Don’t stare.

53. Address everyone that carries a firearm professionally.

54. Stand up to bullies. You’ll only have to do it once.

55. If you’ve made your point, stop talking.

56. Admit it when you’re wrong.

57. If you offer to help don’t quit until the job is done.

58. Look people in the eye when you thank them.

59. Thank the bus driver.

60. Never answer the phone at the dinner table.

61. Forgive yourself for your mistakes.

62. Know at least one good joke.

63. Don’t boo. Even the ref is somebody’s son.

64. Know how to cook one good meal.

65. Learn to drive a stick shift.

66. Be cool to younger kids. Reputations are built over a lifetime.

67. It’s okay to go to the movies by yourself.

68. Dance with your mother/father.

69. Don’t lose your cool. Especially at work.

70. Always thank the host.

71. If you don’t understand, ask before it’s too late.

72. Know the size of your boyfriend/girlfriends clothes.

73. There is nothing wrong with a plain t-shirt.

74. Be a good listener. Don’t just take your turn to talk.

75. Keep your word.

76. In college always sit in the front. You’ll stand out immediately. Come grade time might come in handy.

77. Carry your mother’s bags. She carried you for 9 months.

78. Be patient with airport security. They are just doing their job.

79. Don’t be the talker in a movie.

80. The opposite sex likes people who shower.

81. You are what you do. Not what you say.

82. Learn to change a tire.

83. Be kind. Everyone has a hard fight ahead of them.

84. An hour with grandparents is time well spent. Ask for advice when you need it.

85. Don’t litter.

86. If you have a sister, get to know her boyfriend. Your opinion is important.

87. You won’t always be the strongest of fastest. But you can be the toughest.

88. Never call someone before or after 9 AM and 9PM.

89. Buy the orange properties in Monopoly.

90. Make the little things count.

91. Always wear a bra at work.

92. There is a fine line between looking sultry and slutty. Find it.

93. You’re never too old to need your mom.

94. Ladies, if you make the decision to wear heels on the first date commit to keeping them on and keeping your trap shut about how much your feet kill.

95. Know the words to your national anthem.

96. Your dance moves might not be the best, but I promise making a fool of yourself is more fun than sitting on the bench alone.

97. Smile at strangers.

98. Make Goals.

99. Being old is not dictated by your bedtime.

100. If you HAVE to fight, punch first and punch hard.

Jolie Rouge
06-12-2015, 07:14 PM
101 Greatest George Carlin Quotes
The man who once said “life is worth losing” is dead.
But his quotes live on.
In no particular order here are his 101 best…

1.I don’t have pet peeves — I have major psychotic f-cking hatreds!

2.Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

3.Swimming is not a sport. Swimming is a way to keep from drowning. That’s just common sense!

4.A house is just a place to keep your stuff while you go out and get more stuff.

5.Have you ever noticed that their stuff is sh-t and your sh-t is stuff?

6.I wanna live. I don’t wanna die. That’s the whole meaning of life: Not dying! I figured that sh-t out by myself in the third grade.

7.I used to be Irish Catholic. Now I’m an American — you know, you grow.

8.You can’t fight City Hall, but you can g-d-mn sure blow it up.

9.If the Cincinnati Reds were really the first major league baseball team, who did they play?

10.Honesty may be the best policy, but it’s important to remember that apparently, by elimination, dishonesty is the second-best policy.

11.If it’s true that our species is alone in the universe, then I’d have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.

12.No one knows what’s next, but everybody does it.

13.There are 400,000 words in the English language, and there are seven you can’t say on television. What a ratio that is! 399,993 to 7. They must really be baaaad. They must be OUTRAGEOUS to be separated from a group that large. “All of you words over here, you seven….baaaad words.” That’s what they told us, right? …You know the seven, don’t ya? That you can’t say on TV? Sh-t, p-ss, f-ck, c-nt, c-cks-cker, m-therfcker and t-ts.

14.The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.”

15.The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept.

16.Just when I discovered the meaning of life, they changed it.

17.Religion has convinced people that there’s an invisible man… living in the sky, who watches everything you do every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a list of ten specific things he doesn’t want you to do. And if you do any of these things, he will send you to a special place, of burning and fire and smoke and torture and anguish for you to live forever, and suffer and burn and scream until the end of time. But he loves you. He loves you and he needs money.

18.Weather forecast for tonight: Dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning.

19.If it requires a uniform, it’s a worthless endeavor.

20.If you live long enough, sooner or later everybody you know has cancer.

21.You know the good part about all those executions in Texas? Fewer Texans.

22.Soft rock music isn’t rock, and it ain’t music. It’s just soft.

23.Reminds me of something my third-grade teacher said to us. She said, “You show me a tropical fruit and I’ll show you a c-cksucker from Guatemala.”

24.As soon as someone is identified as an unsung hero, he no longer is.

25.If a movie is described as a romantic comedy, you can usually find me next door playing pinball.

26.The IQ and the life expectancy of the average American recently passed each other in opposite directions.

27.I knew a transsexual guy whose only ambition is to eat, drink, and be Mary.

28.I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.

29.If you’ve got a cat and a leg, you’ve got a happy cat. If you’ve got a cat and two legs, you’ve got a party.

30.You can prick your finger — just don’t finger your prick.

31.By and large, language is a tool for concealing the truth.

32.Ever notice that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, but anyone going faster is a maniac?

33.Isn’t it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do “practice”?

34.I don’t like to think of laws as rules you have to follow, but more as suggestions.

35.I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.

36.When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.

37.Eventually, alas, I realized the main purpose of buying cocaine is to run out of it.

38.I never f-cked a ten, but one night, I f-cked five twos.

39.I never joined the Boy Scouts. I don’t trust any organization that has a handbook.

40.I would never want to be a member of a group whose symbol was a man nailed to two pieces of wood.

41.Have you noticed that most of the women who are against abortion are women you wouldn’t want to f-ck in the first place? There’s such balance in nature.

42.So I say, “Live and let live.” That’s my motto. “Live and let live.” Anyone who can’t go along with that, take him outside and shoot the mother-cker. It’s a simple philosophy, but it’s always worked in our family.

43....Catholic — which I was until I reached the age of reason.

44.Here’s a bumper sticker I’d like to see: “We are the proud parents of a child who’s self-esteem is sufficient that he doesn’t need us promoting his minor scholastic achievements on the back of our car.”

45.I love and treasure individuals as I meet them; I loathe and despise the groups they identify with and belong to.

46.Beethoven was so hard of hearing, he thought he was a painter.

47.Don Ho can sign autographs 3.4 times faster than Efrem Zimbalist Jr.

48.God bless the homicidal maniacs. They make life worthwhile.

49.I’ve never seen a homeless guy with a bottle of Gatorade.

50.One great thing about getting old is that you can get out of all sorts of social obligations just by saying you’re too tired.

51.If Helen Keller had psychic ability, would you say she had a fourth sense?

52.What year did Jesus think it was?

53.George Washington’s brother, Lawrence, was the Uncle of Our Country.

54.Have you ever wondered why Republicans are so interested in encouraging people to volunteer in their communities? It’s because volunteers work for no pay. Republicans have been trying to get people to work for no pay for a long time.

55.In America, anyone can become president. That’s the problem.

56.Once you leave the womb, conservatives don’t care about you until you reach military age. Then you’re just what they’re looking for. Conservatives want live babies so they can raise them to be dead soldiers.

57.“One thing leads to another”? Not always. Sometimes one thing leads to the same thing. Ask an addict.

58.No one who has had “Taps” played for them has ever been able to hear it.

59.Property is theft. Nobody “owns” anything. When you die, it all stays here.

60.The best thing about living at the water’s edge: You only have -ssholes on three sides of you, and if they come this way you can hear them splash.

61.The future will soon be a thing of the past.

62.The planet is fine. The people are f-cked.

63.The real reason that we can’t have the Ten Commandments in a courthouse: You cannot post “Thou shalt not steal,” “Thou shalt not commit adultery,” and “Thou shalt not lie” in a building full of lawyers, judges, and politicians. It creates a hostile work environment.

64.Boxing is a more sophisticated form of hockey.

65.The only good thing ever to come out of religion was the music.

66.I think everyone should treat one another in a Christian manner. I will not, however, be responsible for the consequences.

67.Bowling is not a sport because you have to rent the shoes.

68.“When Will Jesus Bring the Pork Chops?” This title offends all three major religions, and even vegetarians!

69.Thou shalt keep thy religion to thyself.

70.And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, “F-ck waffles.”

71.Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

72.Whoever coined the term “Buyer Beware” was probably bleeding from the -sshole.

73.Cloud nine gets all the publicity, but cloud eight actually is cheaper, less crowded, and has a better view.

74.Have you ever noticed that the lawyer always smiles more than the client?

75.I’m always relieved when someone is delivering a eulogy and I realize I’m listening to it.

Jolie Rouge
06-12-2015, 07:16 PM
101 Greatest George Carlin Quotes

76.Just think, right now as you read this, some guy somewhere is gettin’ ready to hang himself.

77.The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it.

78.If all our national holidays were observed on Wednesdays, we could wind up with nine-day weekends.

79.“Meow” means “woof” in cat.

80.Most people with low self-esteem have earned it.

81.Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough money not to quit.

82.“No comment” is a comment.

83.If a man smiles all the time, he’s probably selling something that doesn’t work.

84.You can’t argue with a good blowjob.

85.Most of the time people feel okay. Probably it’s because at the moment they’re not actually dying.

86.So far, this is the oldest I’ve been.

87.Instead of warning pregnant women not to drink, I think female alcoholics ought to be told not to fck.

88.Do you think Sammy Davis ate Junior Mints?

89.When you think about it, attention-deficit order makes a lot of sense. In this country there isn’t a lot worth
paying attention to.

90.The Golden Gate Bridge should have a long bungee cord for people who aren’t quite ready to commit suicide but want to get in a little practice.

91.I think I am, therefore, I am. I think.

92.If the cops didn’t see it, I didn’t do it!

93.Hooray for most things!

94.Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough
stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

95.I don’t have a fear of heights. I do, however, have a fear of falling from heights.

96.What was the best thing before sliced bread?

97.May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.

98.Life is a zero sum game.

99.Somehow I enjoy watching people suffer.

100.I have as much authority as the Pope. I just don’t have as many people who believe it.

101.It isn’t fair: the caterpillar does all the work, and the butterfly gets all the glory.

Jolie Rouge
07-03-2015, 02:15 PM
Tomorrow marks the 20th anniversary of Bob Ross's death. Ross wasn’t just a skilled artist—he was unrivaled in his ability to spout verbal poetry faster than it took to paint one of those happy little clouds. Here are some of his best bits of wisdom.

1.On politics

"That's a crooked tree. We'll send him to Washington."

—From "The Joy of Painting"

2. On yellow snow

“The only thing worse than yellow snow is green snow."

3. On violence"I like to beat the brush."

4. On power

“In painting, you have unlimited power. You have the ability to move mountains. You can bend rivers. But when I get home, the only thing I have power over is the garbage.”

5. On the value of extremes

“You need the dark in order to show the light.”

6. On beauty

“Look around. Look at what we have. Beauty is everywhere—you only have to look to see it.”

7. On communing with nature

“Just go out and talk to a tree. Make friends with it.”

8. On befriending nature

“There's nothing wrong with having a tree as a friend.”

9. On why you really seriously should make friends with a tree

“Trees cover up a multitude of sins.”

10. On challenging the haters

“They say everything looks better with odd numbers of things. But sometimes I put even numbers—just to upset the critics."

11. On challenging yourself

“How do you make a round circle with a square knife? That’s your challenge for the day.”

12. On parental advice

“I remember when my Dad told me as a kid, ‘If you want to catch a rabbit, stand behind a tree and make a noise like a carrot. Then when the rabbit comes by you grab him.’ Works pretty good until you try to figure out what kind of noise a carrot makes…”

13. On the joys of painting

"We tell people sometimes: we're like drug dealers, come into town and get everybody absolutely addicted to painting. It doesn't take much to get you addicted."

14. On the power of belief

“The secret to doing anything is believing that you can do it. Anything that you believe you can do strong enough, you can do. Anything. As long as you believe.”

15. On laziness

“Water's like me. It's laaazy ... Boy, it always looks for the easiest way to do things”

16. On Uncle Sam

“Oooh, if you have never been to Alaska, go there while it is still wild. My favorite uncle asked me if I wanted to go there, Uncle Sam. He said if you don't go, you're going to jail. That is how Uncle Sam asks you.”

17. On the da Vinci within all of us

“I really believe that if you practice enough you could paint the 'Mona Lisa' with a two-inch brush.”

18. On abstract art

“If I paint something, I don't want to have to explain what it is.”

—From an interview with The New York Times

19. On the temperament of the artist

“We artists are a different breed of people. We're a happy bunch.”

20. On making mistakes

“We don't make mistakes. We just have happy accidents.”

July 3, 2015 - 8:00am

Jolie Rouge
07-05-2015, 01:47 PM
35 Slogans For College Majors If They Were Actually Honest.

#6 Is So True.

Chemistry: Where alcohol IS a solution.

Biochemistry: Spend 4 years aspiring to discover the cure for cancer, and the rest of your life manufacturing shampoo.

Archaeology: If you don’t know what it is, it’s probably ceremonial.

Information Technology: Let me google that for you.

Computer Science (for a straight girl): The odds are good, but the goods are odd.

Political Science: Your opinion is wrong.

Aerospace Engineering: “It actually is rocket science.”

Engineering: The art of figuring out which parameters you can safely ignore.

Structural Engineering: Because architects don’t know what physics is.

Philosophy: Think about it…

Communications: “We’ll teach you everything you need to know about convincing your friends that your degree is actually meaningful.”

Speech Pathology: We have ways of making you talk.

Linguistics: Studied 17 languages, am fluent in none of them.

Criminal Justice: We’re here because of Law & Order reruns.

Photography: It’s worth a shot.

Statistics: Where everything’s made up and the numbers don’t matter.

Anthropology: It’ll get you laid, but won’t get you paid!

Zoology: Because you can’t major in kittens.

Psychology: good luck doing anything until you get your master’s!

Premed: “I’ll probably switch majors in 2 years.”

History: History may repeat itself, but you definitely will.

English: So you want to be a teacher.

Film: Forks on the left, knives on the right.

Astrophysics: “Eh, I’m within an order of magnitude.”

Creative Writing: Because job security is for pussies.

Latin: Because useful is overrated.

Physics: “Everything you learned last week is wrong.”

Nursing: Learning to save other’s lives while struggling not to take your own.

Marine Bio: “I wanted to play with dolphins…but I’m looking at algae instead.”

Accounting: Selling your soul for money.

Finance: “Accounting was too hard.”

Journalism: Learn how to construct an argument that no one will pay to listen to.

Art History: And you thought MAKING art was pointless!

Music Performance: If you don’t hate yourself, you’re doing it wrong.

Graphic Design: No, we aren’t artists. We are designers. There’s a difference.

Jolie Rouge
12-19-2015, 09:51 PM
In this episode of Dragnet which aired March 7, 1968 titled “The Big Departure”, a few teenagers want to start their own country on an island off the coast of California. When they are caught stealing from local stores to fund their efforts, Jack Webb has THIS to say to them.

http://www.itsworthashare.com/jack-webbs-the-big-departure-speech-still-holds-true-today/#y0wmhmTAIOKIj3qU.99

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8op1VGu-nvY&feature=player_embedded

From Episode 42 - "The Big Departure" (Written by Preston Wood; Aired March 7, 1968)
(After Friday and Gannon have brought Charles Vail (Roger Mobley), Dennis Melvin (Lou Wagner), and Paul Siever (Kevin Coughlin) together for questioning, Mobley, speaking for the trio, claims that a lot of people have struck out on their own-like the Pilgrims.)

FRIDAY: "Yeah, well, they had a few things going for them that you don't. They knew how to hunt. How to use an ax. How to build a house. Start a fire without matches and bank it at night so it wouldn't go out.
"You know how to do all that, of course. And you're going to grow this." [Friday holds up a packet of asparagus seeds, which the kid claims he bought.]
MOBLEY: "Oh, yeah, I really dig fresh asparagus."
FRIDAY: "When do you think you'll eat it?"
MOBLEY: "This summer."
FRIDAY: "Asparagus takes two years.
"The Pilgrims could raise their own food-which you can't. And even so, half of them died the first year. But you prepared for that too, didn't you?"
MOBLEY: I don't know what you mean."
FRIDAY: "You've got shovels."
MOBLEY: "All right. Big deal. We're not the frontiersmen of all time. But Dennis and Paul [Wagner and Coughlin] are very bright people--mature intelligent--"
FRIDAY: "And high-principled."
MOBLEY: "That's right."
FRIDAY: "What was that one about materialism?"
MOBLEY: "We've rejected material values."
FRIDAY: "Oh, yeah. Well, what are you going to do when the batteries run down?"
MOBLEY: "We've got a generator."
FRIDAY: "And when there's no more gas?"
MOBLEY: "OK. So we won't listen to the radios."
WAGNER: "That's not vital!"
GANNON: "But food is. And you'll run out of it sooner than you think. Then you figure you'll start eating wild goat. Well, it's not prime rib. But maybe you'll acquire a taste for it. You'd better--three times a day. What'll you do when you run out of ammunition?" MOBLEY: "We'll figure it out."
GANNON: "Or haven't you thought that far ahead? I hope you have, because if you haven't you'll starve to death.
"Maybe you'll explain to me how you'll survive without $4000 of someone else's property. And I call that pretty material. Where does that leave your principles?"
FRIDAY: "I'm listening. The only principle you've rejected is paying for it. And that makes you just what you're afraid you'll be called: common garden-variety thieves."
MOBLEY: "You just don't understand."
FRIDAY: Maybe we do, son. Don't think you have a corner on all the virtue vision in the country or that everyone else is fat and selfish and yours is the first generation to come along that's felt dissatisfied--they all have, you know, about different things; and most of them didn't have the opportunity and freedoms that you have.
"Let's talk poverty. In most parts of the world, that's not a problem, it's a way of life. And rights? They're liable to give you a blank stare because they may not know what you're talking about.
"The fact is, more people are living better right here than anyone else ever before in history. So don't expect us to roll over and play dead when you say you're dissatisfied. It's not perfect, but it's a great deal better than when we grew up: a hundred men standing in the street hoping for one job; selling apples on the street corner-- that's one of the things we were dissatisfied about; and you don't see that much anymore..."
GANNON: "You're taller, stronger, healthier, and you live longer than the last generation; and we don't think that's altogether bad. You've probably never seen a 'Quarantine' sign on a neighbor's door. Diphtheria, scarlet fever, whooping cough--probably none of your classmates are crippled with polio. You don't see many mastoid scars anymore.
"We've done quite a bit of fighting all around the world. Whether you think it was moral or not a lot of people are free to make their own mistakes today because of it. And that may just include you."
FRIDAY: "I don't know; maybe part of it's the fact that you're in a hurry. You've grown up on instant orange juice. Flip a dial--instant entertainment. Dial seven digits--instant communication. Turn a key--push a pedal-instant transportation. Flash a card--instant money. Shove in a problem--push a few buttons--instant answers.
"But some problems you can't get quick answers for, no matter how much you want them.
"We took a little boy into Central Receiving Hospital yesterday; he's four years old. He weighs eight-and-a-half pounds. His parents just hadn't bothered to feed him. Now give me a fast answer to that one--one that'll stop that from ever happening again.
"And if you can't settle that one, how about the 55,000 Americans who'll die on the highway this year? That's nearly six or seven times the number that'll get killed in Vietnam. Why aren't you up in arms about that? Or is dying in a car somehow moral?
"Show me how to wipe out prejudice. I'll settle for the prejudices you have inside yourselves. Show me how to get rid of the unlimited capacity for human beings to make themselves believe they're somehow right--and justified--in stealing from somebody, or hurting somebody...and you'll just about put this place here out of business!"
GANNON: "Don't think we're telling you to lose your ideals or your sense of outrage. They're the only way things ever get done. And there's a lot more that still needs doing. And we hope you'll tackle it.
"You don't have to do anything dramatic like coming up with a better country. You can find enough to keep you busy right here.
"In the meantime, don't break things up in the name of progress or crack a placard stick over someone's head to make him see the light. Be careful of his rights. Because your property and your person and your rights aren't any better than his. And the next time you may be the one to get it.
"We remember a man who killed six million people--and called it social improvement."
FRIDAY: "Don't try to build a new country. Make this one work. It has for over four hundred years; and by the world's standards, that's hardly more than yesterday."
(Mobley, Coughlin, and Wagner look down, glum and defeated)
GANNON: "Now we want to know the names of those who were in this with you and we want to know where you've stashed all the things you've stolen."
MOBLEY: "OK. But it was a beautiful notion--that's all I can say."
FRIDAY: "Yeah, son--that's all you can say."

http://www.badge714.org/dragquot.htm#big

Jolie Rouge
12-23-2015, 04:58 PM
Clean is Sexy and 58 Other Bits of Advice for Sons

If your life is filled with boys staring into the precipice of adulthood, stay right here, read on and then give us your thoughts. Here is what Mary Dell and I might say to our nearly grown sons…if they ever start listening.

1. Having good friends is a blessing. Being a good friend is obligatory.

2. Females have a better sense of smell, need I say more?

3. Covering your tracks reveals a faulty character. Real men own up to their mistakes, apologize and try to put things right.

4. Do not photograph your private parts. The picture will end up in your grandmother’s Facebook feed and I promise you, you do not want to go there.

5. You are not what you eat, or what you drive or where you live. You are you. And if that is not working out for you, changing your diet or car or home will not fix the problem.

6. Clean is sexy. Thoughtful is sexy. Being blindingly drunk is pathetic.

7. Video games may not make you violent, but they certainly do not make you a better son, student or friend. Play them sparingly.

8. Sleep will not solve all of your problems, but not sleeping will create new ones.

9. Make NYTimes.com the home page on all your devices. You will be smarter for it.

10. Junk food is for teenagers, by the time you are twenty you will find your body wants real food. Give it what it needs.

11. Playing sports will make you happy and healthy. Keep games in your life.

12. Choosing a spouse is the most important decision you will ever make, do not let your heart ignore your head, nor vice versa.

13. If you are shopping for clothes and wondering if you are the kind of guy who can get away with a certain trendy style, then you most certainly are not.

14. Saving a few dollars on a bad haircut is something you will regret instantly.

15. Your girlfriends, the women who befriend you, love you, and will never sleep with you, will be some of the most important people in your life. Treat them beautifully.

16. Never let your siblings down, they are irreplaceable. They will be your longest friendship in life and, one day, will be the only people who remember your childhood.

17. When you have the nagging feeling that your parents would disapprove of what you are about to do, pause, make sure you are completely sure you have answered for yourself all the questions they would ask. Then proceed, using your own judgment.

18. Your 20s are the time to discover your tolerance for risk, don’t pass up the opportunity.

19. Spend the extra few dollars to buy decent shampoo. And deodorant.

20. Own two perfectly pressed white shirts. You never know when a job interview or a girlfriend’s parents will arrive.

21. Own lots of underwear, it will ultimately determine your laundry schedule.

22. If you sleep with a girl, contact her the next morning, even if it is just an emoticon. And if you even think of pretending you don’t know her, envision my face.

23. Buy gifts for Valentine’s Day, birthdays, and any other special occasion that arises. Little nothings, bought with care and thought, go a long way to making a woman feel like she is on your mind. However, if she shows a hint of disappointment that you did not spend more money, drop her.

24. When you get the chance, be the kind of boss, teacher, father and friend that you had, or wish you had.

25. Finish what you start. That goes for tubes of toothpaste, expensive entrees, and commitments you have made to others and yourself.

26. You are only as good as your word, anyone who says otherwise has proved my point.

27. Technology will not make you happy. The people it connects you with will. Do not confuse the two.

28. When a woman sets out to change you, head for the hills, unless it is on matters of hygiene, exercise or diet, then hear her out.

29. Your manners will say everything about you and will reflect on your parents every day. Don’t make us look bad.

30. Life will disappoint you. People will disappoint you. You will disappoint yourself. That’s why you have parents, to help you deal with those disappointments.

31. Piercings for men will go out of style, if they haven’t already. Don’t be fooled into believing otherwise.

32. Aspirin, water and black coffee solve a multitude of problems. Either together or apart.

33. When clothes shopping with a woman do not tell her that she looks great in everything, it destroys your credibility. Do not tell her that she looks terrible in something, it destroys your relationship. Tell her what makes her look great, it is a message that few women tire of hearing.

34. If your friends are jerks, you will not be far behind. Choose wisely.

35. Be nice to your parents, it will be a long time before you can afford your own ski vacation.

36. Answer your mother’s texts promptly, or as long as you want her to keep paying your cell phone bill.

37. With shoes, quality always wins over quantity. Ditto suits.

38. Toothbrushes do not last forever.

39. Learn to swing a golf club, shoot a pool cue and cast a fishing rod, it will come in handy.

40. Do not ever use your physical size to intimidate anyone, male or female, unless it is in an organized game of sport. If you do, I will send you back to the cave where you belong.

41. Drugs will make you stupid, waste your money, introduce you to people you do not want to know, get you in trouble with the law, and become a habit you might find hard to break. Am I clear?

42. Smile in all photos and show your good side, you never know where the picture will end up.

43. If you get a rash or a cut or a burn, photograph it and text it. Moms diagnose, even digitally.

44. When you come back for a home cooked meal, your old bed and laundry service, remember to bring a good attitude. These things are not your birthright.

45. Calling your parents for no special reason is always, always a good idea.

46. If you only share the good and never reveal the bad, no one will really know you.

47. Never assume anything about another person’s wealth, health or happiness, all too often we are mistaken.

48. Put the seat down, don’t argue, just do it.

49. Your girlfriend or wife may be your best friend, and I sincerely hope she is. But living with her will not be like living with your other best friends, behave accordingly.

50. The Social Network was right, the Internet is written in ink. Remind yourself of that every time you touch a keyboard.

51. If you think you are ready for children but are not sure, get a dog.

52. No one is ever completely ready to be a parent, it is always a bit of a leap.

53. It is best to have children within 50 miles of at least one grandparent. In parenthood, emergencies are the rule rather than the exception.

54. House gifts will always be remembered and appreciated so never accept a dinner invitation or weekend’s stay without a small token of gratitude.

55. Soon enough you will be in a position to help those younger than you. Offer a hand up quickly and generously.

56. Remember that you are a product of your upbringing and schools. Show gratitude and loyalty for the teachers and institutions from which you graduated.

57. Check your mail! As old-fashioned as it may seem, there are some letters that must be opened. Letting things pile up only creates nasty past due surprises. Grappling with paperwork is one of adulthood’s biggest but unavoidable headaches.

58. Be the kind of person others turn to with their troubles. People in pain seek out those with good hearts.

Some moms pine for girls. They spend decades grieving for the daughter they never had. Thanks to you, I was never one of them.

Readers…Please tell us, what did we miss??

http://grownandflown.com/clean-advice-for-young-men/

CuppaTater
08-24-2017, 02:43 AM
My favorite quote?

“Oh yes, the past can hurt. But you can either run from it, or learn from it.”

– Rafiki, from The Lion King

:)

CuppaTater
08-25-2017, 03:08 AM
"I know what I have to do now, I’ve got to keep breathing because tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"

– from Cast Away

CuppaTater
08-30-2017, 12:41 AM
“The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all.”

– The Emperor, from Mulan

sunnydaze
04-05-2021, 07:35 PM
“Don’t let them tell you what you cannot be.”
“Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.”

sunnydaze
06-07-2021, 06:03 PM
“‎The day you become old is the day you're not looking for new experiences anymore.”

sunnydaze
07-04-2021, 01:37 PM
“The worst mistake to make is to be afraid to make mistakes”

magickay
07-10-2021, 11:12 AM
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

sunnydaze
09-12-2021, 11:02 AM
We are idiots on a rampage. We all exist together and are loving life. Protect our Mother Earth.