PDA

View Full Version : It is that time of year for scammers...

sunflowers
11-28-2011, 09:11 AM
Just want to remind everyone to be careful online about these people..Seems every year a member or 2 falls prey to it..Make sure to check out their ratings, make sure they don't have just a few posts, and never pay cash or check..Paypal seems to be the safest and secure way...
They seem to prey on boards this time of year, with sob stories or to good to be deals...

Just be careful everyone and enjoy the holidays!

3lilpigs
11-28-2011, 09:37 AM
And trust me, just because they SAY they live in the US, doesn't mean they do. I banned someone early this morning who said he was in the US....but he was in Switzerland. lol
(that's not why he was banned...he was posting spam also)

angelkitty
12-01-2011, 09:34 AM
I keep getting calls from people saying
They are looking for donations
For police family's children's hospital
I know that it's a scam because they call everyday
One time I asked them to mail me some info
They never did also they called me at 11:00 pm
We told them to stop but they don't
Just thought I would let you all know about the phone scams
Beware

baragabrat
12-01-2011, 10:28 AM
I was getting calls from Diabetes Management on a very regular basis but the last time they called & wanted hubby I told them he was dead. They haven't called since. (not that they won't, mind you!) I also reported them to the do Not Call Registry and told them many many times to take our info out of their database, hubby told them he would sue (lol, not like he could) and once when hubby said he wasn't interested and didn't have diabetes the caller said, "Then why did you answer the phone?" When hubby told me that, I'm like, "Huh?"

Jolie Rouge
12-01-2011, 01:46 PM
NOTE : If you want to donate to a charity ... donate DIRECTLY to that organization. The ones that call seeking donations are usually a company with a phone bank who keep up to 80% of what they collect. If you want to donate to the Police or Fireman's Faternal Organisation or St Jude's or ... whatever ... take the time to look them up and donate DIRECTLY.

angelkitty
12-01-2011, 02:41 PM
I reported them to the. Do not call
Let's see if it helps I'm getting tired those
Scamming jerk offs

angelkitty
12-06-2011, 12:45 PM
I reported them to the FTC and a. Internet freud
They both said they have been getting calls and reports
Both said do not give them any thing
If they keep calling let them know they are being reported to the Feds