PDA

View Full Version : Cable TV

Cotton
11-12-2011, 07:41 PM
Not sure if this will help everyone. But 2 months ago I needed to cut back so did so by cutting back from what is considered the standard amount of channels that I get to the basic amount. By basic I would guess maybe 14 channels. My tv in the living room is old. I had a flatscreen HD tv in the bedroom which I never used. Had purchased it for my Mom and when she passed away I just put it in the bedroom. One night I turned it on and was surfing the channels and was amazed I not only was getting all the channels I used to pay for but several music channels and more PBS stations! 2 months later the same is true. I was told if your cable company broadcasts in HD you will receive them even if you do not pay for them as long as your tv picks them up. All the channels come in on the high end of the channel range like in the 100's! Has saved me 40$ a month! That is one fill up on gas for my car and then some!

janelle
11-13-2011, 03:57 PM
I'll have to check it out. I think my hubby has programed our HD for certain channels to avoid going through lots of static. We may be able to get more than we know. Thanks.

Cotton
12-14-2011, 08:22 PM
I am still getting all the channels I used to pay for for free just by paying for the basic cable service! And enjoying it!

RoamenCota
01-12-2012, 03:30 PM
Screw cable. netflix is 8 dollars and hulu is 8 dollars. thats 16 dollars with almost unlimited programming. Live your life by your own schedule, not the TV. All those zombie movies are a satire of the american public. We have become zombies of the television. Break the chain and upgrade. If you are worried about live sports broadcasts, thats what the local sports bar is for. What better excuse to go watch a game?

janelle
01-12-2012, 06:56 PM
I like what my sister does. She tapes shows to watch later that way she can zoom through the commercials.

I guess our TV only gets basic. I entered each number but get only static for the channels we don't pay for. I use to get the movie channels free in another area on another TV. Not anymore.