PDA

View Full Version : Unapologetic Mother Gives Botox Injections To 8-Year-Old DaughterUnapologetic Mother Gives Botox Inj

Jolie Rouge
05-12-2011, 04:40 PM
Whitney Jefferson — A mother who's been administering botox injections on her own daughter's face — for purely aesthetic reasons, mind you — has decided to share her side of the situation on morning television.

8-year-old Brittany is a part of the pageant circuit — an activity that Brittany's mother says influenced her daughter's desire to rid her face of "wrinkles." She skirts around the blame, suggesting that other moms kept mentioning the "lines" on her daughter's face, and that "a lot of the kids making a big impression about the lines [on her face] probably influenced her to want to do [botox] a little bit more." (Side note: I'm 99.9% sure said "wrinkles" and "lines" can also be described as adorable dimples on the face of a child.)

She insists that she is not the only mother giving her daughter injections in this circle of pageant moms — everyone's jumping off the bridge, you see! — and says she's been getting the procedure done on herself for a very long time. She wouldn't reveal who gives her access to the bBotox (probably for fear of a deluge of hate mail) but said her "trusted source" is "behind the doctor scene and everything." (Which doesn't sound shady at all.)

What does this adult procedure feel like for a kid? Brittany said "it hurts" and she cried "a little," but now she's gotten used to the pain. Not surprisingly, Brittany's mother has also tried some other beauty procedures on her daughter. Brittany once waxed her legs, but only once because "it was super, super hard to deal with." As for why she wanted to get it done in the first place, she said it was "because I just don't think it's lady-like to have hair on your legs." (Or anywhere else, Brittany. Best to prep for that now.)

In the end, her mother still chalks up giving her daughter botox to the "tough world" of child pageantry, and did not show an inkling of remorse. Though Brittany seems completely okay with getting the procedure done — mother knows best, after all — the psychological ramifications that come from this kind of :bleep: will likely echo throughout her whole life

http://jezebel.com/5801198/unapologetic-mother-gives-botox-injections-to-8+year+old-daughter-to-get-rid-of-wrinkles

( video at the link )

gmyers
05-12-2011, 07:54 PM
Why do that to a child. Sounds like shes obsessed with winning these beauty pageants. I wouldn't want to put a child through those shots and how your face feels afterwards.

Jolie Rouge
05-12-2011, 08:18 PM
I can't imagine how twisted this child's self image is ??

"because I just don't think it's lady-like to have hair on your legs."

She is 8 years old ?!!? Who cares if she has hair on her legs

Bliss
05-12-2011, 09:54 PM
Some parents are unbelievable.

dv8grl
05-12-2011, 09:56 PM
Why am I not shocked at the mothers apperance!

justme23
05-13-2011, 10:12 AM
I think the mom needs botox... stupid b*tch.

pepperpot
05-13-2011, 10:22 AM
I can't imagine how twisted this child's self image is ??

:agree

SLance68
05-13-2011, 01:17 PM
This in my opinion is pure child abuse. This "mother" should be locked up and that child needs to be placed in a safe loving home. Where is the father of this little girl?

Jolie Rouge
05-19-2011, 03:18 PM
Mom who said she gave her 8-year-old daughter Botox admits it was all a hoax
by Lylah M. Alphonse, Shine Staff, 5 hours 28 minutes ago

Get ready for another wave of outrage: Kerry Campbell, the 34-year-old part-time aethestician who told the world that she gave her 8-year-old daughter Botox injections and body waxing in order to help her do better in kiddie beauty pageants, now says that it was all a hoax. "The truth is that I have never given my daughter Botox, not allowed her to get any type of waxing, nor is she a beauty pageant contestant," the mom—whose real name is Sheena Upton—admitted in a statement.

Upton says that she accepted $200 "to play the role of Kerry Campbell" for an interview that appeared in the British tabloid The Sun on March 23. After appearing on ABC's "Good Morning America" and "Inside Edition" last week, San Francisco Human Services Agency launched an investigation and her daughter, Britney, was removed from her home by Child Protective Services. Upton issued her statement, which is dated May 18th, in order to regain custody of her daughter.

In the written statement, which was obtained by TMZ, Upton says that The Sun provided her with "instructions and a script to follow for a recorded interview." She agreed to later interviews with "Good Morning America" and "Inside Edition" in exchange for "a large fee for both," rumored to be upwards of $10,000. A source at ABC News told TMZ: "There is no truth to the story about compensation, but they did pay a broker no more than $10,000 to license photos."

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/parenting/mom-who-said-she-gave-her-8-year-old-daughter-botox-admits-it-was-all-a-hoax-2486495/

On Tuesday, the child was examined by a doctor and a dermatologist at the U.C.L.A. Medical Center. "After my daughter received a full medical exam, the results indicated that she has not ever received treatments including Botox or other such injections," Upton wrote in her statement. Her daughter has been returned to her home, at least temporarily; a cousin is staying with them while the investigation continues, TMZ reported.

An ABC News spokesman said that they have read Upton's statement "and are vigorously investigating her most recent statement and rapidly shifting story.... 'Good Morning America' has repeatedly questioned Upton, members of her family, and other sources who again and again stood by the Botox story."

We're not sure which is worse: the fact that Upton blatantly lied about giving her daughter Botox—and made her kid lie about it as well—or the fact that we believed it because of all of the other crazy-but-true kiddie-beauty-pageant horror stories we hear. What do you think?

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/parenting/mom-who-said-she-gave-her-8-year-old-daughter-botox-admits-it-was-all-a-hoax-2486495/

SLance68
05-19-2011, 05:43 PM
Ok that child really should be removed from that nut case. Obviously she will do or say anything for a dollar.

Jolie Rouge
05-19-2011, 07:46 PM
Media probes Botox mom's claim of fabricated story
Christina Hoag And Frazier Moore, Associated Press – 58 mins ago

LOS ANGELES – A mother's account on national television that she injected her 8-year-old daughter with Botox is under scrutiny after reports surfaced Thursday that she made up the story for money.

ABC's "Good Morning America" and "Inside Edition" said Thursday they were launching investigations into Sheena Upton's story, which aired a week ago, after she told TMZ.com that she told the fabricated story for the promise of payment.

ABC News said it was "vigorously investigating her most recent statement and rapidly shifting story. `Good Morning America' has repeatedly questioned Upton, members of her family and other sources who again and again stood by the Botox story. `Good Morning America' is solely interested in getting to the truth."

A statement from "Inside Edition" also said it was investigating whether Upton's story was fabricated. "We repeatedly challenged a mother on the safety and sanity of her claims that she had injected her 8-year-old daughter with Botox," said spokeswoman Donna Dees.

Adding to the swirl of confusion, Upton appeared on the programs as "Kerry Campbell" and said she was a part-time esthetician who lived in San Francisco.

Her name was later revealed as Sheena Upton and she lived in Southern California. California records do not list her as a licensed cosmetologist. She said she gave her daughter the anti-wrinkle injection to give her a competitive edge in beauty pageants.

Upton's story and pictures of the little girl wincing as her mother injected her face caused a firestorm of criticism.

GMA reported early this week that the child was taken from her mother as Child Protective Services investigated the case. The girl was later returned to her mother under supervised custody. CPS cannot comment on individual cases.

In a statement to TMZ, Upton said she took the girl to a University of California Los Angeles dermatologist Wednesday to determine whether she has had Botox injections. The declaration states the medical exam found she had not received any such injections. "A report of this examination was given to the Child Protective Services," the statement said.

TMZ.com later in the day posted a videotaped interview with Upton, in which she said the Botox story was a sham setup by The Sun, a London tabloid that published a story about Upton's alleged Botoxing earlier this year.

Upton claimed in the video that the Sun had her pose holding a syringe to her daughter's face in a local nail salon for a story about a mother-daughter day at the spa. "Honestly, I don't even know what Botox is," Upton said in the video. "I was scripted to do everything."

She said The Sun paid her $200.

Upton's uncle, Joseph Upton, and other relatives who live in Southern California told the Associated Press on Thursday they could not comment. Sheena Upton could not be reached. ABC News said it has also been unable to reach her.

ABC News spokesman Jeffrey Schneider said the network did not compensate Upton for the appearance on "Good Morning America," but did pay a $10,000 licensing fee to a British broker, Claire Stephens Ltd., for the Botox injection pictures.

Under the contract, the pictures were affirmed to depict events as described and there was no staging, he said. Such payments to rights holders for still or video images are standard, he said.

Dees of "Inside Edition" declined to comment on whether the show paid Upton.

The strange saga started unfolding in February through a British reporter Ally Epstein. Epstein was working on another story in Los Angeles when Upton's cousin told her that Upton had bragged about injecting her daughter with Botox.

Epstein said she witnessed Upton inject the girl and wrote a story for Closer magazine. "There was a vial with `Botox' on it," Epstein told the AP. "She was adamant it was Botox."

The Sun then picked up the story, followed by U.S. television.

Epstein told the AP that Stephens, who received the $10,000 from ABC News for the Botoxing pictures, is her partner.

Epstein said she wired Upton $5,000 on Wednesday, but Upton demanded an additional $10,000 to pay household bills, sending her a text saying "if I don't get the rest of my money, all hell will break loose tomorrow."

Upton's retraction of her story surfaced Thursday.

Epstein said she believes Upton's retraction was to impugn her reputation, noting that Upton had not challenged or disputed the previous stories that ran in the British press.

http://www.bigbigforums.com/news-information/650691-unapologetic-mother-gives-botox-injections-8-year-old-daughterunapologetic-mother-gives-botox-inj.htm

comments

This mother seems to think the child has the facial structure to have a career as a model but even at age 8 it is obvious that her face is not symmetricical at all and never will be. This child will never ever win a pagent unless she pulls some outstanding talent out of a hat. With her mother making it clear that she is not good enough the way she is, she'll never have the self confidence to do anything successfully. This is clearly child abuse and this is clearly a fat unattractive woman trying to vicariously live through her daughter like so many other pathetic American pagent moms. The whoring of little American girls has gone far enough and ALL these moms need to be investigated for mental illness. The best thing to happen to this cute little girl is for her to be removed from the home until her mother has undergone a complete mental health evaluation and perhaps adopted by relatives so she can grow up to be happy and normal if possible at this point. Suffer the little children. SO many nice people want children and are unable to have them and then nature lets freaks like this woman reproduce and abuse their children.