PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever felt like you need to take a morotorium from the news?

buglebe
03-10-2011, 06:33 AM
It seems like the news is just full of deaths; 7 kids die in house fire while mom is milking the cows, child killed in over by his mother, policeman hit pole and died, sorority sister killed best friend, etc, etc. Do you ever feel like you can't watch anymore? I guess because of the ease of communication it seems we hear about the most bizarre things happening to people. Would people buy a happy paper, if all that was in it was good things that happen to people. I would. Sometimes I have to just skip the news for a few days.

pepperpot
03-10-2011, 06:35 AM
Yes, somedays one must keep all the "media" out and just enjoy the birds singing....:agree

baragabrat
03-10-2011, 08:10 AM
Hard to do when hubby has it nearly all the time. He used to have the TV (news) on all day but I've convinced him to turn it off after the morning news and then it comes back with the evening news. I ignore it. Whatever he watches isn't exactly news, it's more like a repeat of some other newscast from another station. And this Martin Sheen BS? And they call that news?? Give me a break!

dv8grl
03-10-2011, 10:29 AM
I have really tried lately not to read any news. Although some stories I just can't keep away from.

MsLynn
03-11-2011, 05:26 PM
i will admit.. i NEVER watch the news, unless there is something special going to be on i want to see.... otherwise, NEVER. between working EMS, 911, and emergency management, i get way to much REALITY.... and don't care to see more on tv when i'm at home.

3lilpigs
03-11-2011, 05:31 PM
Do you ever feel like you can't watch anymore?.

I don't watch anymore. I haven't watched tv in over a year and a half, (except dvd's), and I don't get the news paper. Nothing good on tv, and the paper is too depressing.