PDA

View Full Version : relationships

buglebe
03-10-2011, 05:57 AM
Do you have anyone other than your spouse/partner who gives you emotional support and shares life's little secrets with you?
I was just thinking last night when I couldn't sleep how important my relationship with my sister is to me. We are 2 yrs apart. As teens we weren't too close but as adults we have been very close. She probably knows me better than my husband does. She listens where he often doesn't.

DAVESBABYDOLL
03-10-2011, 07:25 AM
My sister, she's ten years older then I am, so when I was younger..hated her, now I'm madly in love with her. My best friend is also a great support.

baragabrat
03-10-2011, 08:01 AM
Unfortunately I left my best friend in AR when we moved to MI 16 yrs ago and never developed a relationship with anyone else where I could share any and all of my deepest and darkest. I have good acquaintances but no real friends here. So the person I tell EVERYTHING to is my therapist and I don't have to worry about judgment the way I do with my acquaintances.

Kelsey1224
03-10-2011, 10:08 AM
That would have been my best friend, Judy...who died four years ago on March 18th. So, except for my hubby, I don't have anyone left so share my deepest, darkest thoughts and secrets. That's why I hope I die first!

(BTW...thanks bublebe...for starting all the new threads. Yesterday it was dead on this board. I don't often start a thread, but I do respond to them...LOL.)

dv8grl
03-10-2011, 10:28 AM
I have a bunch of friends that I can tell everything to.

jedmatters
03-10-2011, 11:53 AM
While I trell my husband a lot of my deep secrets... there are times when I need someone else.
I talk to my mom when I can.
I moved from South Texas to Central Indiana 18 months ago, and to develop a friendship up here that deep will take time. There are a few people I am bonding with, but have not reach that point with.
I used to have a ton of people I could talk to. I lived in the same town 40 years. Now, I can not share some thing with those people, because they may not understand what I am talking about.

DAVESBABYDOLL
03-10-2011, 12:21 PM
Unfortunately I left my best friend in AR when we moved to MI 16 yrs ago and never developed a relationship with anyone else where I could share any and all of my deepest and darkest. I have good acquaintances but no real friends here. So the person I tell EVERYTHING to is my therapist and I don't have to worry about judgment the way I do with my acquaintances.

Sorry, but you made me laugh.

Kelsey, I'm sorry for the loss of your best friend Judy.