PDA

View Full Version : Dad of boy killed in 1975 threatens killer

Jolie Rouge
03-08-2011, 09:03 PM
March. 8, 2011 at 7:17 PM
PROVIDENCE, R.I., March 8 (UPI) -- A Rhode Island man says if he could he would kill the man who killed his 5-year-old son in 1975 and stored his son's bones in a shed for seven years.

The killer, Michael Woodmansee, is coming up for release, the Providence Journal reported. He was sentenced to at least 40 years in prison in 1983 but is eligible for early release under Rhode Island's good time law.

Woodmansee, who was 16 in 1975, admitted killing Jason Foreman after he was charged in 1982 with trying to strangle a paperboy. Police found Jason's bones, treated with shellac, in a shed and a diary in which Woodmansee said he had eaten the boy's flesh, although he later claimed the cannibalism was fictitious.

John Foreman, Jason's father, called a radio talk show Monday that featured South Kingstown Police Chief Vincent Vespia and demanded to know what was in the journal. "I want to know all the facts," Foreman said. "If I can find him, I do intend to kill this man as aggressively, as painfully as he killed my son. He ate the flesh of my son before he cleaned the bones."

State Attorney General Peter F. Kilmartin said his office is exploring the possibility of involuntary commitment. Woodmansee served most of his sentence in Massachusetts prisons because authorities feared he would be in danger in Rhode Island.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2011/03/08/Dad-of-boy-killed-in-1975-threatens-killer/UPI-81361299629849/#ixzz1G4UsfdkW

BeanieLuvR
03-09-2011, 08:41 AM
That is just horrible that he might get out. :( I'd feel like the father does. He will kill again if they let him out.

pepperpot
03-09-2011, 09:05 AM
The father's feelings are so totally understandable, but what is really truly sad....is that after such a loss (son's murder), the father's life has been so consumed for so many years.....filled with such grief. I really pray for the father that he can "forgive" so as not to let this monster take his life as well. A sad situation. :(

And no, he should not be let out. :headshake

gmyers
03-09-2011, 05:32 PM
What makes me mad is the criminals know how to work the system. They know if they be good in prison they'll let them out early. Anybody can pretend to be good so they can get out early.

DAVESBABYDOLL
03-10-2011, 07:36 AM
I don't blame the father for feeling the way he does. Forgivnes isn't always an option...I don't know if I could forgive if I were in the fathers position.