PDA

View Full Version : People search question

sunflowers
03-07-2011, 03:01 PM
Is there actually a site that will give you info with out making you pay?
I tried, anywho, white pages etc and they all charge when looking for a person..

Kelsey1224
03-07-2011, 04:58 PM
I'm not aware of any site that you don't pay. There was one we used that charged $3.95 for each search and we certainly found it worth it to pay as needed.

rebeccam
03-07-2011, 07:26 PM
What kind of info are you looking for? If you just need address and phone, you can use google or yahoo people search. If you are wanting more, like some kind of records, I would think you have to pay.

sunflowers
03-07-2011, 07:36 PM
What kind of info are you looking for? If you just need address and phone, you can use google or yahoo people search. If you are wanting more, like some kind of records, I would think you have to pay.

I have a name and city looking for a phone # or email

baragabrat
03-08-2011, 10:46 AM

Just to see, I entered my name, city and state in Google and got this site, which gave me name, address and phone#:

Nevermind, sorry.

SLance68
03-08-2011, 03:42 PM

You might find a phone number by trying www.yp.com and checking the residential section putting in the city, state and name. As for getting a e-mail address there is really no where to get those and there is no company that is going to release them just like cell phone numbers.

baragabrat
03-08-2011, 05:21 PM
Or whitepages.com

janelle
03-08-2011, 06:52 PM
If you just want to find an old friend try FB.

rebeccam
03-08-2011, 09:05 PM
I have always had good luck with Yahoo People Search if I can't find it on google: http://people.yahoo.com/

jedmatters
03-09-2011, 05:21 AM
I use anywho.com

But the people on most sites must have a published home phone. And a lot of people do not have a home phone anymore or if they do, it may be unpublished.

Perhaps common friends that may have contact information. Or the person's parents? most older people (I mean retired and over 65) have home phones, and will be easier to find. Send to them asking for their child to contact you.