PDA

View Full Version : ~What's cookin?~ Tuesday

DAVESBABYDOLL
02-01-2011, 11:01 AM
((ARMY-MOM))

The storm is just starting (we did have 5" last night to get us started) SO since my oldest daughter is hunkerin down with us and said she wanted bacon cheddar burgers, that's what I'll be making.

sunniekiss
02-01-2011, 11:08 AM
When my ds gets home from work we have decided the nest 2 days are going to be nothing but junk food & movies. I already did an hour on the treadmill so I'm all good.

newwiccan
02-01-2011, 11:39 AM
I started a crock pot full of wild rice and mushroom soup this morning.

freeby4me
02-01-2011, 12:02 PM
Tacos tonight. been sounding good for a little while now.

Breezin
02-01-2011, 01:23 PM
trying a new lentil soup recipe -- and more left over sandwiches -- better eat them or they'll go bad...

Eyore
02-01-2011, 01:30 PM
Leftover BBQ chicken and probably make a box of mac and cheese and some kind of veggie.

jasmine
02-01-2011, 01:53 PM
making tacos/burritoes and some nachos

were snowed in pretty bad too

Airbuswife
02-01-2011, 03:08 PM
i'm making homemade greek pizza! i make it when i'm just home with bella, so i can eat the whole thing! yea, i'm greedy like that with my food, lol!

Breezin
02-01-2011, 03:25 PM
i'm making homemade greek pizza! i make it when i'm just home with bella, so i can eat the whole thing! yea, i'm greedy like that with my food, lol!

Would love the recipe for greek pizza.

Made the Orange and Lentil Soup -- if you are somewhat of an adventurous eater -- it's wonderful

buglebe
02-01-2011, 03:58 PM
Ham and turnip greens.
Cornbread in buttermilk for me.
DH likes his cornbread in sweet milk but prefers it best with the turnip greens and no milk.
Anyone else like buttermilk or milk with cornbread?

DAVESBABYDOLL
02-01-2011, 04:58 PM
I started a crock pot full of wild rice and mushroom soup this morning.

yummy !!! Recipe ?? D

dinosmom
02-01-2011, 05:16 PM
I have turkey chili going in the crockpot. I have the flu so I doubt I will eat anything. blech We are in the middle of snowmagedden...I have a drift that is in front of my backdoor so I am not going anywhere anyway. LOL

newwiccan
02-01-2011, 05:59 PM
yummy !!! Recipe ?? D

I used a wild/brown rice blend instead of just wild rice.

http://www.thecrockpotblog.com/wild-rice-and-mushroom-soup/

Eyore
02-01-2011, 06:51 PM
Ham and turnip greens.
Cornbread in buttermilk for me.
DH likes his cornbread in sweet milk but prefers it best with the turnip greens and no milk.
Anyone else like buttermilk or milk with cornbread?
When I was a kid my dad would take cornbread and crumble it in a glass then pour buttermilk over it. The get a long tea spoon and eat it out of the glass. I ate it sometimes. I couldn't tell you the last time I had that.

buglebe
02-01-2011, 08:04 PM
When I was a kid my dad would take cornbread and crumble it in a glass then pour buttermilk over it. The get a long tea spoon and eat it out of the glass. I ate it sometimes. I couldn't tell you the last time I had that.

That's what we do.

Airbuswife
02-01-2011, 08:31 PM
Would love the recipe for greek pizza.

Made the Orange and Lentil Soup -- if you are somewhat of an adventurous eater -- it's wonderful

that sounds yummy! i'll share my recipe if you share yours :)

my greek pizza is very simple. there are no exact measurements though, its just how much you like of something, if that makes sense, lol!

pizza crust ( i use a pre-made boboli crust )
for the "sauce" i use olive oil, parmesan, crushed garlic and minced onions
spread it over the crust. like i said, if you want more, make as much as you would like :)
over the sauce, put one box of frozen spinach (obviously thawed, lol!) one medium sized onion sliced, lots of feta cheese and sprinkle the top with more garlic salt, parmesan and some shredded cheese. not too much shredded, maybe 1/2 a cup, its just used to keep all the other toppings together. bake it for about 20 minutes til the cheese starts to get golden and there you go!
"my" version of greek pizza :)

Breezin
02-02-2011, 06:30 AM
My recipe was just off of allrecipes -- we really thought it had nice flavor -- I will say the recipe yield says 4 servings -- looking at the reviews and the ingredients I tripled the recipe for 4 of us and had a little left over.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Orange-and-Lentil-Soup/Detail.aspx

Orange and Lentil Soup

Ingredients

* 2 tablespoons butter
* 1 onion, diced
* 2/3 cup red lentils
* 1/2 cup orange juice
* 1 stalk celery, chopped
* 1/2 carrot, shredded
* 1 bay leaf
* 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
* ground black pepper to taste
* 3 cups chicken broth, divided

Directions

1. In a pot over medium heat, cook onions in butter until softened. Stir in lentils, orange juice, celery, carrot, bay leaf, thyme, pepper and half the chicken broth and simmer 40 minutes, until lentils are tender.
2. Puree in a blender or food processor, or using an immersion blender. Return to the pot, stir in remaining chicken broth and heat through.