PDA

View Full Version : wearing hose

buglebe
01-21-2011, 10:10 PM
Is it really ok now for women to skip hose, winter or summer, and still be considered dressed appropriately? There was a movie star on David Letterman in boots but no stockings. I think I heard before that stockings were no longer a requirement.
That makes me feel free. I used to hate church because I had to wear hose.

dv8grl
01-22-2011, 10:59 AM
Hose are going the way side., along with slips.
Personally I hate hose, but I love tights.

SLance68
01-22-2011, 11:15 AM
I haven't wasted money or time on hose in years.

tngirl
01-22-2011, 05:31 PM
I normally wear dresses long enough to cover up my fat ugly legs...lol...so I can get away without wearing hose. I wore hose for the first time in years to my daughter's wedding in October because my skirt was a bit shorter than what I normally wear and white as a ghost.

Breezin
01-22-2011, 06:15 PM
I'm the odd one out, hose don't bother me -- but I'd only wear them in the winter mostly for a little warmth!

Happy2BMe
01-23-2011, 09:29 AM
I work in a bank in the cold/wet PNW and I can tell you that most executive women have gone away from hose. Tights are more of a fashion accessory - at least here. I prefer to wear hose because my legs are really white. ...if only florescent lights could give you a tan... :laugh:

Army-Mom
01-23-2011, 09:42 AM
I havent wore them in years. but they didnt bother me when I did..

Kelsey1224
01-24-2011, 09:40 AM
I still wear them...or knee highs because I don't like the feel of a bare foot in shoes (unless they are sandals).

But, they are definitely no longer in vogue...particularly with younger women. My daughter and her friends (late 30's/early 40's) don't wear them anymore. The bare leg/foot is the way to go. However...they all wear Spanx under their clothes to get that smooth line that control top panty hose used to provide.

pepperpot
01-24-2011, 09:52 AM
Yes, I still wear them and in the Summer I usually don't unless it's a formal occassion.

Yes, I wear knee highs all the time. Those ped thingys don't work well and usually show.

sunniekiss
01-24-2011, 10:34 AM
I haven't wasted money or time on hose in years.

Sandy, if you lived up here you would be wearing hose & a whole lot more. I woke up to a blamy 4 below zero this morning. I am wearing tights, leggings, 2 pairs of socks, UGGS, a long sweater dress & my sons fur lined hoodie from American Eagle.

SLance68
01-24-2011, 04:45 PM
Sandy, if you lived up here you would be wearing hose & a whole lot more. I woke up to a blamy 4 below zero this morning. I am wearing tights, leggings, 2 pairs of socks, UGGS, a long sweater dress & my sons fur lined hoodie from American Eagle.

See that is the catch I would never live up there and if I was ever in a place like that during winter I would be wearing pants not a dress. Any place that has negative numbers is not for me.

Eyore
01-24-2011, 06:13 PM
We don't always get negative numbers up here. This winter up here has just been colder than normal. The past couple of morning it has been below 0 but then comes up to a balmy 18 or 20 during the day. I think tomorrow we are to see 30.

jasmine
01-24-2011, 07:45 PM
Don't ever wear dresses, so don't ever need hose LOL !!
But when I did, I wore hose. I think my legs are ugly, so if I EVER need to wear them, they are the nude color, I try to hide the fact as much that I am wearing hose, but still want my legs to look descent.

sunniekiss
01-25-2011, 07:44 AM
Did you hear how much snow we are getting tomorrow? Yea Sandy I don't want to be up here either but right now circumstances are what they are. I just thank GOD everyday for the invention of UGGS.

We don't always get negative numbers up here. This winter up here has just been colder than normal. The past couple of morning it has been below 0 but then comes up to a balmy 18 or 20 during the day. I think tomorrow we are to see 30.

Eyore
01-25-2011, 08:24 AM
Is this what you are referring to? My county isn't listed yet, hope it doesn't get listed. When I look at weather.com or weatherbug.com all it says is snow showers. How much have you heard we are to get?

Expiring: 07:00 AM on Thursday, January 27
Areas affected: Berks; Bucks; Carbon; Lehigh; Monroe; Montgomery; Northampton Winter Storm Watch issued January 25 at 4:06AM EST expiring January 27 at 7:00AM EST by NWS Philadelphia/Mount Holly ...SIGNIFICANT SNOW ACCUMULATION POSSIBLE WEDNESDAY INTO LATE WEDNESDAY NIGHT.. ...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY MORNING THROUGH THURSDAY MORNING... THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MOUNT HOLLY HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WATCH...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY MORNING THROUGH THURSDAY MORNING. * PRECIPITATION TYPE: SNOW...WITH SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN POSSIBLE WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON AND EVENING. * ACCUMULATIONS: 6 INCHES OR MORE OF SNOW...WITH A COATING OF ICE POSSIBLE. * TIMING: THE SNOW WILL START WEDNESDAY MORNING...WITH THE STEADIEST AND HEAVIEST SNOW EXPECTED LATE WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON INTO WEDNESDAY NIGHT. * IMPACTS: THE WEDNESDAY EVENING COMMUTE COULD BE AFFECTED AS ACCUMULATING SNOW FALLS. THE THURSDAY MORNING COMMUTE COULD ALSO BE AFFECTED.

sunniekiss
01-25-2011, 08:59 AM
Is this what you are referring to? My county isn't listed yet, hope it doesn't get listed. When I look at weather.com or weatherbug.com all it says is snow showers. How much have you heard we are to get?

Expiring: 07:00 AM on Thursday, January 27
Areas affected: Berks; Bucks; Carbon; Lehigh; Monroe; Montgomery; Northampton Winter Storm Watch issued January 25 at 4:06AM EST expiring January 27 at 7:00AM EST by NWS Philadelphia/Mount Holly ...SIGNIFICANT SNOW ACCUMULATION POSSIBLE WEDNESDAY INTO LATE WEDNESDAY NIGHT.. ...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY MORNING THROUGH THURSDAY MORNING... THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MOUNT HOLLY HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WATCH...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY MORNING THROUGH THURSDAY MORNING. * PRECIPITATION TYPE: SNOW...WITH SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN POSSIBLE WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON AND EVENING. * ACCUMULATIONS: 6 INCHES OR MORE OF SNOW...WITH A COATING OF ICE POSSIBLE. * TIMING: THE SNOW WILL START WEDNESDAY MORNING...WITH THE STEADIEST AND HEAVIEST SNOW EXPECTED LATE WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON INTO WEDNESDAY NIGHT. * IMPACTS: THE WEDNESDAY EVENING COMMUTE COULD BE AFFECTED AS ACCUMULATING SNOW FALLS. THE THURSDAY MORNING COMMUTE COULD ALSO BE AFFECTED.

We are in-between light & plowable. I am sick of it but it doesn't really matter since there is nothing I can do about it anyway. Thursday will be another snow day so I will get to watch a lot of mindless TV while watching my son run the snowblower.

Eyore
01-25-2011, 09:53 AM
I'm tired of it also and can't wait for Spring to get here. Hopefully it will come early this year.

Breezin
01-25-2011, 09:57 AM
I'm so tired of snow. It's snowing now supposed to snow tomorrow and Thursday and then again on saturday

Eyore
01-25-2011, 10:20 AM
Breezin what state are you in?