PDA

View Full Version : meal preparation help

buglebe
01-20-2011, 03:08 PM
I'm looking for suggestions for meals that don't take much standing preparation time.
I don't care how much chopping or peeling is involved if I can do it sitting down but I need recipes or suggestions for meals that don't require much standing. I use a walker, and standing is a problem. This takes thinking because I come up with so many ideas and then I find my husband has to finish it after I start it. Ideas please?

dv8grl
01-20-2011, 03:23 PM
Easy Chicken & Rice = 4 bonless skinless chicken breast, 3/4 cup (uncooked) rice, 1 can Campbell's Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup, 1 1/3 cups water, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese ~~ Heat the oven to 375°F. Stir the soup, water, rice, onion powder, black pepper and vegetables in a 2-quart shallow baking dish..Top with the chicken. Cover the baking dish..Bake for 50 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the rice is tender. Top with the cheese. Let the casserole stand for 10 minutes. Stir the rice before serving.

Easy Chicken & Stuffing = Box of Stove Top Stuffing, 4 boneless skinless chicken breast, Paprika, 1 can Campbell's Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup or Cream of Chicken Soup, 1/3 cup milk, 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes

1.Heat the oven to 400°F. Prepare the stuffing according to the package directions.
2.Spoon the stuffing across the center of a 3-quart shallow baking dish. Place the chicken on either side of the stuffing. Sprinkle the chicken with the paprika.
3.Stir the soup, milk and parsley in a small bowl. Pour the soup mixture over the chicken. Cover the baking dish.
4.Bake for 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.

You can use the Healthy Request Low Fat or Low Sodium soups...

SLance68
01-20-2011, 04:45 PM
I have a very good friend that has to use a walker. Her solution was to get a chair that is between the height of a regular dining room chair and a bar stool that she uses when she is "standing" at the stove.

nightrider127
01-20-2011, 05:18 PM
I have a very good friend that has to use a walker. Her solution was to get a chair that is between the height of a regular dining room chair and a bar stool that she uses when she is "standing" at the stove.

My husband does something similar to this. His feet are a mess and he can't stand for long periods. He has a stool that he uses that folds flat when not in use. He thinks he got it at a neighborhood hardware store that we shop at.

stresseater
01-20-2011, 08:23 PM
I too have a stool over by the stove/prep area that I sit on while I cook. I have been having ovarian pain and if I stand more than about 10 min it feels like a lit match on my left one.

Jolie Rouge
01-20-2011, 09:27 PM
Look for crock pot recipes ... those are wonderful especially on days when my knee or my shoulder and neck are giving me problems. I can do the prep work at the table and then toss it in the CP and forget about it !