PDA

View Full Version : Electric funds

Starlady01
10-11-2010, 07:48 AM
I have a huge bill and need help paying soon. Does anyone know who has funds at this time everyone seems to be out. In central Florida

I had a 100 watt flood light running 24-7 and it took my electric bill sky high. I don't know how that bulb got in there.

mosdata1
10-11-2010, 08:43 AM
There is LIHEAP, but don't count on getting too much from them. I know that here in my neck of the woods, they are very sparse with the $$ they give out.

sunniekiss
10-11-2010, 10:08 AM
I don't think LIHEAP will cover past bills & is dependent on your household's income.
Try calling the electric company to possibly work this bill into a budget billing program.

Starlady01
10-11-2010, 10:17 AM
LIHEAP isn't around anymore I was told by them along time ago when checking out the program.

Breezin
10-11-2010, 11:15 AM
LIHEAP is still around it gets replenished every year.

http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/ocs/liheap/

If you are affiliated with a church I would suggest contacting them they often have an outreach program or can give information on where to get help in your area

SLance68
10-11-2010, 03:11 PM
You can also try the Salvation Army - In Orlando they are near the corner of Colonial Drive and I-4 (just west of I-4 on the South side of the street). You might also have some luck with the Catholic Charities - they are in the phone book and are usually one of the easier places to get help and you do not have to be Catholic. Other than that I know that most are stretched pretty thin here in Orlando. You might want to call the power company and ask for a payment plan that you didn't know the lamp would cost that much to run.

Starlady01
10-12-2010, 04:08 AM
You can also try the Salvation Army - In Orlando they are near the corner of Colonial Drive and I-4 (just west of I-4 on the South side of the street). You might also have some luck with the Catholic Charities - they are in the phone book and are usually one of the easier places to get help and you do not have to be Catholic. Other than that I know that most are stretched pretty thin here in Orlando. You might want to call the power company and ask for a payment plan that you didn't know the lamp would cost that much to run.

I've already talked to the power company they gave me numbers and no one has funds. I called Catholic Charities also they said no. The power company said that is my final bill unless paid I'm on a plan and got more time but they said that is final.

Eyore
10-12-2010, 04:38 AM
I found this, I don't know if it will help you out or not. I don't know what state you are in so I couldn't check the state for you. Hopefully there is something there that will help you out.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html/state_aid_and_assistance_progr.html
Scroll down to you see Local and State Assistance Programs

Click on your state for more details on programs or grants that your state, local government, or non-profit agencies may offer to help you through a difficult period. You will also find a listing of your community action agencies. These programs are in addition to the national programs above. Or visit and register in the forum (http://needhelppayingbills.com/helpwithbills/) to ask for and find additional help, share ideas and resources, and to also help others in need. I will also reply to all requests in the forum.

jedmatters
10-12-2010, 04:58 AM
Try Modest Needs. modestneeds.org
They help a lot of people in need. I have heard great things of them.