PDA

View Full Version : EBAY help needed please- item not recieved

Surfergal
09-02-2010, 04:12 PM
As I posted earlier, I have yet to receive an item I won on 8/21. I have now emailed the seller twice with no response. I am not sure what I should do next to get my money back.

Thanks for any help if any of you have had this same issue.

Usps tracking info has not Changed - says:

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on August 23, 2010 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Eyore
09-02-2010, 06:09 PM
What to do if you don't receive an item or it doesn't match the seller's description
http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/item-not-received.html
Hopefully this will help you out some.

sunflowers
09-02-2010, 07:25 PM
go to the spot where it shows the item you won, there will be a drop down box that says leave FB and more actions. Click more actions, then click resolve a problem,then click my item has not arrived...and go from there....HTH

Explorer 4x4'r
09-02-2010, 08:55 PM
I personally would give it a bit more time. Sellers have so many days in which to put in the mail. If it is listed as standard flat rate, that is usually slow.
You have time to open a resolution case. (oops, I think they have changed this)

Timelines
If you haven't received an item, you can open a case 3 days after the estimated delivery date (if available) or 7 days after making payment (if no estimated delivery date was provided). If you received an item and it doesn't match the seller's description, you can open a case right away. You must open a case within 45 days of making payment.

The seller has 7 days from the time you open the case to reply.

You should receive a refund within 3 days of the seller promising a refund or within 10 days of the seller receiving the returned item. If you haven't received a refund by then, please contact eBay through the Resolution Center, and we'll work with the seller to provide you a refund

In the rare situation where a seller doesn't reply to you or follow through, and 7 days have passed since the case was opened, you can escalate the case to eBay. If we determine you're owed a full refund, we'll ask you to send the item back to the seller, and we'll issue you a refund within 3 days of the seller receiving the item.

Heidi
09-02-2010, 09:14 PM
You need to give it a few more days. If it was a big item, parcel post can take up to 10 days to deliver.

justme23
09-03-2010, 12:08 AM
Yall keep tellin her to wait but it's been 13 days... Maybe it's cause I don't deal w/ ebay, but 13 days seems excessive to me.

freeby4me
09-03-2010, 05:25 AM
I'd start a case. They've made no contact and you should have received the item by now.

Explorer 4x4'r
09-03-2010, 06:34 AM
I still would wait; like I said standard flat rate shipping is slower than first class, even parcel post.
Just because you won the item on the 21st doesn't mean it was shipped that day.
Tracking shows the 23rd, but again that doesn't mean it even went in the mail. That is when a shipping label was created.
you have time to make a claim.

Can you put a link to this listing?

ETA: A tracking number from the post office is only good when the PO employees actually take their scan tool, scan the barcode, then the system updates.
I've had packages state the exact as yours "U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper ", only to wait a few more days and I do receive it. The carrier scans it and it will say 'delivered'

Karnevil9
09-03-2010, 06:36 AM
Absolutely open a case right away! You can always withdraw the claim but if you miss the deadline to open you're out in the cold. While 13 days may not be considered an excessive amount of time by some, the Seller should have contacted you by now with the details (tracking number, etc.) and if you haven't heard from them, I'd take action immediately. If you paid via Paypal, check to see if you can reverse the payment transaction. The problem is that the only way you'll get reimbursed is if 1. the Seller is kind enough to Paypal it back to you; 2. if eBay finds in your favor with a claim the amount can only be taken from their Papal funds - if there's not enough in their account you'll never get your money back. (I know b/c it's happened to me!) Also, if the Seller can prove they mailed the item to you at the address you provided you probably won't be able to recoup anything, because it's not the Seller's fault the Post Office didn't deliver correctly. Don't wait, open the case now!

Explorer 4x4'r
09-03-2010, 06:50 AM
Absolutely open a case right away! You can always withdraw the claim but if you miss the deadline to open you're out in the cold. While 13 days may not be considered an excessive amount of time by some, the Seller should have contacted you by now with the details (tracking number, etc.) and if you haven't heard from them, I'd take action immediately. If you paid via Paypal, check to see if you can reverse the payment transaction. The problem is that the only way you'll get reimbursed is if 1. the Seller is kind enough to Paypal it back to you; 2. if eBay finds in your favor with a claim the amount can only be taken from their Papal funds - if there's not enough in their account you'll never get your money back. (I know b/c it's happened to me!) Also, if the Seller can prove they mailed the item to you at the address you provided you probably won't be able to recoup anything, because it's not the Seller's fault the Post Office didn't deliver correctly. Don't wait, open the case now!

Don't try and scare her here!!

the seller did contact her; she did receive a tracking # with notification of shipping.
Like I said, that doesn't mean it went straight to the PO. Some do wait until they have a few packages or once or twice a week; due to extra cost with driving miles to a PO.

Paypal/Ebay is one in the same.
You don't file with both; the transaction was with ebay.

You have up to 45 days after you paid to open a case.

Karnevil9
09-03-2010, 07:07 AM
She said she contacted the Seller twice with no response and no tracking number can be provided. Why in the world would I "scare her" by telling her what the conditions of a refund are or advising her to be safe by opening a claim as soon as possible? That's what both eBay & Paypal have recommended to me in the past. In one case I got a full refund, one case a partial refund & twice I was just out the money (a risk we all take when conducting business with strangers over the internet) b/c there were no funds in their Paypal to refund me. Don't shoot the messenger, that's just the way it works.

sunniekiss
09-03-2010, 07:45 AM
Please tell me you paid with PayPal. I email the seller & notify them that they have 24 hours to respond to you or you will file with ebay.
Today is the 3rd of September so she really only has 10 more days to file a complaint. Take away Sunday & Monday she then has only 4 days to file.

I don't think I have ever waited more than a week for an item to arrive with the exception of an item that was shipped from Canada but that still arrived in less than 2 weeks.

Heidi
09-03-2010, 09:10 AM
Wow, I guess I'm glad I don't deal with a lot of you on eBay. If the seller actually shipped out the item on the 23rd as the DC shows, today is only day 10. USPS doesn't run on Sunday, so that takes a day away. You have 45 days from the end of auction to file a claim, so there is no need to rush into it. And as long as the buyer is able to show proof of DC even if you open a claim you will not win. The seller will win. It is your responsibility to purchase insurance through the post office. Once it leaves the sellers hands it's no longer their problem.

Explorer 4x4'r
09-11-2010, 09:05 AM
Surfergal

Have any updates on this post yet?
I'm hoping by now, you either received the item or heard from the seller